Honda taking up the fight against KTM !

ab5772
11/4/2012 6:40pm
race250r wrote:
I believe TG is talking about the XR650R, it fits the above description and I believe is still very competitive at the 1000.
Honda doesn't sell the 650 R anymore just the L. And its closer to 7K than 5K. I would rather spend the extra 3K on the...
Honda doesn't sell the 650 R anymore just the L. And its closer to 7K than 5K. I would rather spend the extra 3K on the KTM any day.

And when's the last time Honda raced a 650 in Baja? It's been a while. Even then, it wasn't a buddy-peg-havin' "L" model.
TeamGreen
11/4/2012 6:51pm
KTM doesn't give a shit about Baja? FAIL.

KTM doesn't give a shit about Moto GP? FAIL. (Be sure to remember that over the next few seasons...)

Dakar? Let's see where Honda ends up with this years effort...their 1st legit Factory effort in virtually forever...as you noted.

When you go and do your homework on Niche Marketing...then...then you can come in here and act like you know what the fuck you're talking about.

O.K.?

Honda has a few models you could pick from...that have out-sold KTM's COMPLETE LINE-UP WORLDWIDE.

Do the Math...one model versus their WHOLE line-up...Got it?

KTM has more Models than Honda could care to remember; hence, Niche Marketing.

That's where they're BOTH Ubber-Smart and Strong.

They BOTH have their strengths.

Besides, you could have just made a Harsh-Stinging point and Listed ALL the various 2013 MX World and National Titles; but, you had to go All Political-n-Shit.

BTW, I'm us' fkn witcha!

Evil
Xeno
11/4/2012 8:08pm
Did somebody mention Baja racing?

The Shop

Xeno
11/4/2012 8:20pm
Katoom72 wrote:
Honda hater? Haha, i hate no brand. It's just the fanboys that can't see the true facts about the motocross industry that i hate. They keep...
Honda hater? Haha, i hate no brand. It's just the fanboys that can't see the true facts about the motocross industry that i hate. They keep repeating their same old story about how superiour THEIR brand is without looking at the current situation.

Should could woulda...If Honda wanted to be more competitive in offroad racing they would invest allot more. They just maximize their profits and invest in other sports while their machines still sell to the masses claiming them bikes are the best of the best. Innovation is not needed at all, the masses are still brainwashed so why invest in that? To bad for them the 90s marketing sharade is starting to fade. But i guess it keeps sticking in your head, marketing puppets tend to have that problem.

Win all Baja's, F1's, MotoGP, build jetplanes and robots. KTM does not give a shit about all that. They want the bike business and primely offroad racing. I wonder why Honda wins all Baja's... Maybe because the competition from other manufactueres is lackluster? Maybe because worldwide it aint not popular or known AT ALL, be realistic. It's an American niche sport, worldwide it is hardly known. And i never said it was not tough or impressive but marketing wise it's a VERY small piece off the off-road market. And that is exactly why KTM does not give a crap about it. If you want to be big in desert racing you win Dakar's. Where is Honda at the Dakar wins? Last one was in 1989... Grinning But yeah, stick to the American niche you like so mutch because your brand is bringing home the wins. Hurray for them!

2strokes where on life support when the 4strokes got released, same old fairy tail that is being repeated over and over.
But it again apears you're a puppet for marketing, big suprise.

XR650's are bulletproof because they are acient, logic result of not innovating. You just perfect the current design and spoonfeed it to the masses as the best thing after hot water. Oh oooo Honda is soooo superiour!

You are naive if you think Honda is just leaving all the scraps to the rest, saying that repeats the kind of fanboy you are. Part of the drooling mass that belive the big red wing is so superiour to the other brands. Kinda like a patriotic American that's blinded by his own foolishness. But yeah stay in the red bubble, seems like you are comfortable in there.
I guess you missed the announcement about Honda's new Dakar team?

dcg141
11/4/2012 8:53pm
I doubt Honda would even acknowledge KTM's exsistence much less mount any kind of "fight" against them. 2 companies on 2 different missions. A more telling factor around here is the fact that every Honda dealer in our area within a year all took on Polaris.
mx_563
11/4/2012 10:37pm
Honda owns showa, right (or most of showa)?

KTM owns WP, right (or most of WP)?

I heard the new KTM WP forks were showa clones. OH SNAP!

Look, I know KTM is kicking ass right now but they were only able to claim any sort of dominance here in the USA when they got RDeC, RD5, and some linkage. All of which happened in the last couple of years. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the competition just yet. This shit goes in cycles. Even Suzuki has had some good years (who would have thought back in the early 90s that Suzuki would have any success....ever?)

Fifteen years ago not even the hydro clutch, OEM fatbars, adjustable bar mounts and brembo brakes were enough to beat Japan's stock steel bars, clutch cables and solid mounted bars. Sticking fancy shit on your bike is one thing, making the bike work right is another. KTM is having a good run but this does not guarantee future success. And let's not forget McGrath's dislocated hip and Andrew Short's busted arms.

In summary....yes, KTM is kicking ass! They worked hard and deserve it. However.......chill out KTM dudes. Wink
burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
11/5/2012 6:52am
Honda doesn't need to take up a fight, since they are the controlling company in all of MX and SX, and all the rest of the Big 5 fall in line and don't buck their marching orders. Honda controls the AMA and FIM rules which virtually affects all of MX and SX in the world. Regardless if they win, they are still the illumiati of MX and SX worldwide. I doubt if KTM will rise to that type of influence.
Katoom72
11/5/2012 7:50am Edited Date/Time 11/5/2012 8:10am
TeamGreen wrote:
KTM doesn't give a shit about Baja? FAIL. KTM doesn't give a shit about Moto GP? FAIL. (Be sure to remember that over the next few...
KTM doesn't give a shit about Baja? FAIL.

KTM doesn't give a shit about Moto GP? FAIL. (Be sure to remember that over the next few seasons...)

Dakar? Let's see where Honda ends up with this years effort...their 1st legit Factory effort in virtually forever...as you noted.

When you go and do your homework on Niche Marketing...then...then you can come in here and act like you know what the fuck you're talking about.

O.K.?

Honda has a few models you could pick from...that have out-sold KTM's COMPLETE LINE-UP WORLDWIDE.

Do the Math...one model versus their WHOLE line-up...Got it?

KTM has more Models than Honda could care to remember; hence, Niche Marketing.

That's where they're BOTH Ubber-Smart and Strong.

They BOTH have their strengths.

Besides, you could have just made a Harsh-Stinging point and Listed ALL the various 2013 MX World and National Titles; but, you had to go All Political-n-Shit.

BTW, I'm us' fkn witcha!

Evil
KTM and a factory MotoGP team? Do you even follow MotoGP? They pulled their asses from the MotoGP in 2007 as they stopped supplying engines due to the changes that where abound about the displacement. If motoGP stops their changes and suit the regulations to something KTM thinks it's worth to invest to promote the brand. KTM might start thinking about it, but if they keep changing regulations like they are the past years KTM is not even looking at it. It's a waste of recources that could be used somewhere else, like the Moto3 class. (and the 125-250cc before they killed that aswell)

Nope, not at the moment. hell it has not been for AGES, just recently they started to push harder to beat Honda. And it was with private funds two years ago!! Their big aim is still Dakar. That's where the points need to be scored for worldwide marketing. Most people know Dakar more then they do Baja1000. Never seen a Baja 1000 race on TV here, seen lot's of Dakar shows tho. Must be a braoder audiance don't ya think? Broader audiance equels more efficient marketing.
Marco Coma himself explained how the Baja is mostly unknown on this side of the pond. That's my whole point, KTM is not pushing to use the BAJA as a marketing tool because Dakar, Dubai and the Qatar Sealine Rally are better options. Broader audiance then Baja. I'm not dissing Baja as a race, it's tough and impressive and unique in itself. But the marketing value is not bigger then the other races. Again, that was my point.

But if you measure a brands competence on their Baja wins then that is your choice, i like to look a bit further then that.
How many Honda's over KTM's competed this year? Wink

They want the motocross, enduro and adventure bike business first and they are claiming it. Look around when you're out, what did the colour change over the last years? It did not get any more red over here atleast. I think the orange is making their way into the US traks aswell. Mission accomplished then i guess. Smile

Ofcourse i have seen the thing, making a bike does not equal winning. or does it? And about damn time after all those years? I hope they put up a good fight, great for the sport and for us costumours. Racing put's the factory's to work to make better bikes. Same goes for every form of off-road racing for that matter.

Never said Honda was weak, Honda is just not the strong force they used to be inside the MX world. Atleast not for consumer sales. THAT was the whole point. Not about who outsells who in other markets, it's about the MX market. And currently KTM is setting their stamp and nibbling away market share of the other OEM's. Wil KTM be as big as Honda is in the other markets like cars and robots Grinning ? Fuck no, they have to catch up to mutch ground. Better to aim in what they good at: Motocross and enduro. Go look at an enduro race, orange all around. Honda covers allot but they do not cover everything like they used to.

They both have their strenghts indeed, can't argue on that. Wink
Bill Dance
11/5/2012 8:01am
burn1986 wrote:
Honda doesn't need to take up a fight, since they are the controlling company in all of MX and SX, and all the rest of the...
Honda doesn't need to take up a fight, since they are the controlling company in all of MX and SX, and all the rest of the Big 5 fall in line and don't buck their marching orders. Honda controls the AMA and FIM rules which virtually affects all of MX and SX in the world. Regardless if they win, they are still the illumiati of MX and SX worldwide. I doubt if KTM will rise to that type of influence.
Although your delivery is a bit tinfoil hat-esque, you are not far from the truth.

Honda is a parasite that sucks the lifeblood out of every series they participate in in order to perfectly suit their R&D agenda.

Let's get this party started.

They completely ruined GP road racing, 125, 250, and 500. so badly that their flagship rider is retiring, and actually stating he would rather ride Michelins 500cc two-stroke tire testing bike. The move to 990cc four-strokes was orchestrated by them, as was snatching up Valentino Rossi to campaign it. They fucked this series so badly that their bike is "spec" in the moto2 class, and was almost spec in the moto3 class, save for KTM throwing a bike together (and kicking Honda's ass with it)

They manipulated WSBK in 99-00 for the change to allow 1000cc for their V-Twin RC51 since they could not touch Ducati's 916 with their POS RC45, (that thing cost 20k+ back in the mid 90s I believe) which in-turn led to the rule change to 1000cc across the board, since (you guessed it) 750cc displacement did not suit their R&D agenda, but 1000cc did. Just a couple years later they switched to the CBR1000RR and the rest is history.

When they saw that they could not control Formula 1 to suit their own R&D agenda, they pulled out. Honda will NOT compete in a series with rules they did not write themselves.

When they flirted with NASCAR and their Accord, but saw that they would not use the series to suit their R&D agenda, they backed out.

i'm not done.

They ruined Japanese GT racing, which was production based cars. (Skylines, Supras, ect.) since they failed to produce a top flight production car, they coerced SuperGT into allowing their non-production tube chassis front engine V8 race car. (supposedly an NSX replacement) People used to love watching what looked like the cars they buy and drive over there, but now its all carbon-bodied tube chassis cars that hardly resemble production. Thanks Honda.

Turns out, in premier class American MX, that CRF450 has one title only. 2004 outdoor MX with Richard Carmichael, and zero SX titles.

It is what it is, and I promote riding whatever the fuck you want to ride. Preaching to someone else what they should or shouldn't ride is an agenda, which would make you no better than Honda.
Katoom72
11/5/2012 8:14am
Bill Dance wrote:
Although your delivery is a bit tinfoil hat-esque, you are not far from the truth. Honda is a parasite that sucks the lifeblood out of every...
Although your delivery is a bit tinfoil hat-esque, you are not far from the truth.

Honda is a parasite that sucks the lifeblood out of every series they participate in in order to perfectly suit their R&D agenda.

They completely ruined GP road racing, 125, 250, and 500. so badly that their flagship rider is retiring, and actually stating he would rather ride Michelins 500cc two-stroke tire testing bike. The move to 990cc four-strokes was orchestrated by them, as was snatching up Valentino Rossi to campaign it. They fucked this series so badly that their bike is "spec" in the moto2 class, and was almost spec in the moto3 class, save for KTM throwing a bike together (and kicking Honda's ass with it)

They manipulated WSBK in 99-00 for the change to allow 1000cc for their V-Twin RC51 since they could not touch Ducati's 916 with their POS RC45, (that thing cost 20k+ back in the mid 90s I believe) which in-turn led to the rule change to 1000cc across the board, since (you guessed it) 750cc displacement did not suit their R&D agenda, but 1000cc did. Just a couple years later they switched to the CBR1000RR and the rest is history.

When they saw that they could not control Formula 1 to suit their own R&D agenda, they pulled out. Honda will NOT compete in a series with rules they did not write themselves.

When they flirted with NASCAR and their Accord, but saw that they would not use the series to suit their R&D agenda, they backed out.

i'm not done.

They ruined Japanese GT racing, which was production based cars. (Skylines, Supras, ect.) since they failed to produce a top flight production car, they coerced SuperGT into allowing their non-production tube chassis front engine V8 race car. (supposedly an NSX replacement) People used to love watching what looked like the cars they buy and drive over there, but now its all carbon-bodied tube chassis cars that hardly resemble production. Thanks Honda.

Turns out, in premier class American MX, that CRF450 has one title only. 2004 outdoor MX with Richard Carmichael, and zero SX titles.

It is what it is, and I promote riding whatever the fuck you want to ride. Preaching to someone else what they should or shouldn't ride is an agenda, which would make you no better than Honda.
Im gonna buy a frame to put that post in.

That is EXACTLY what Honda is.
dcg141
11/5/2012 3:38pm Edited Date/Time 11/5/2012 3:39pm
So did Honda have any influence with Dakar limiting the bikes to 450? Possibly like telling the promoters that if they wanted Honda in thier race thats what needed to happen. I know KTM was pretty upset givin the amount of money they had in the 990 and then the 690.
kiwifan
11/5/2012 3:57pm
I am not sure what the fuss is all about in this thread...I guess everyone likes to hate on Honda as they are successfull in motorsport.

Lets face it Honda does not make a CRF450 for the pros. it makes one for the masses i.e. handles well, is not so overpowered, is reliable, etc. The Kawa 450 has the same type of fork as the honda 450 yet no one complains about its 'leaky forks'. That is why Honda doesnt give a rats ass if the Kawa/KTM etc make a couple more HP, it knows what is required to do for 99% of riders out there. Although most in the know know that the CRF450 makes quite a few more HP with aftermarket exhausts on if you need more power.

Some say well the KTM350 makes more HP than the Honda, yep it sure does but does a highly strung (revs very high) bike like that that makes good HP for its CC going to be as reliable and usable for the masses?? I dont think so...

Do I hate KTM no, just making a fact that everyone overlooks, 99% of you in Vital would not ride a 450 to its limits anyway let alone a bike that you have to ride like a 125 i.e. pin it and only shift when it hits the rev limiter :-)

imho
TeamGreen
11/5/2012 4:26pm
kiwifan wrote:
I am not sure what the fuss is all about in this thread...I guess everyone likes to hate on Honda as they are successfull in motorsport...
I am not sure what the fuss is all about in this thread...I guess everyone likes to hate on Honda as they are successfull in motorsport.

Lets face it Honda does not make a CRF450 for the pros. it makes one for the masses i.e. handles well, is not so overpowered, is reliable, etc. The Kawa 450 has the same type of fork as the honda 450 yet no one complains about its 'leaky forks'. That is why Honda doesnt give a rats ass if the Kawa/KTM etc make a couple more HP, it knows what is required to do for 99% of riders out there. Although most in the know know that the CRF450 makes quite a few more HP with aftermarket exhausts on if you need more power.

Some say well the KTM350 makes more HP than the Honda, yep it sure does but does a highly strung (revs very high) bike like that that makes good HP for its CC going to be as reliable and usable for the masses?? I dont think so...

Do I hate KTM no, just making a fact that everyone overlooks, 99% of you in Vital would not ride a 450 to its limits anyway let alone a bike that you have to ride like a 125 i.e. pin it and only shift when it hits the rev limiter :-)

imho
The new CRF should be called the Jeremy McGrath Edition: it is Very Pro friendly.

There is a lot of truth to your statement about the bike being aimed at the masses; however, w/ some air pressure & compression (adj. rebound as needed) & map it...maybe a stiffer rear spring...& most Pro's can SHRED on it!

The same can be said for the Green & Yellow 450s, too (I'm not a fan of the new Zooks fork, tho)
2T42
11/5/2012 4:40pm
burn1986 wrote:
Honda doesn't need to take up a fight, since they are the controlling company in all of MX and SX, and all the rest of the...
Bill Dance wrote:
Although your delivery is a bit tinfoil hat-esque, you are not far from the truth. Honda is a parasite that sucks the lifeblood out of every...

i'm not done.

100% truth on both posts here.

Problem is, nobody wants to hear it.

Marketing, features and being part of the cool kids club is what most americans want these days. Honda knows this. It's an easy formula. Electric starters, EFI and all kinds of new features to fix problems that never existed previously shrouded by cool looking new plastic is much easier to swallow while the money sucks out the wallet.

This sentence sums it nicely.
"When they saw that they could not control Formula 1 to suit their own R&D agenda, they pulled out. Honda will NOT compete in a series with rules they did not write themselves."
ktm212
11/5/2012 7:32pm
gotwings wrote:
I don't think you Honda Haters get the big picture, so lemme spell it out slowly so's y'all be unnerstanin' this shit. Honda could buy and...
I don't think you Honda Haters get the big picture, so lemme spell it out slowly so's y'all be unnerstanin' this shit.

Honda could buy and sell KTM with just the PROFIT they made last year by selling 50cc bikes alone. Look it up.
KTM, by that respect exists solely by the good will of Honda, who is the first one to respect a worthy adversary and a good fight.
Honda had and could still have a world-beating 2-stroke bike program if they wanted, but they see the writing on the wall long before most, and KTM are just lucky they got sucked into the vacuum that was left by the "Big 4" leaving the segment.
2 strokes are on life support legality wise, and won't be around much longer due to tightening emission standards, and the damage to the environment.
Yeah, the Xr650 is an anchient design that happens to be bulletproof, and won the Baja 1000 like 20 fricken years in a row OVERALL, usually filling out MOST of the top 10. AND THE LEVERS DON'T COST $75 APEICE, OR THE CRANK $850. (and yes, everyone involved with motorsport worldwide knows EXACTLY what the Baja is and how tough it is, don't be rediculous).
You are naive if you think Honda isn't doing exactly what they want, and leaving the rest of the scraps for others to sqibble over.
When KTM wins a Formula 1 Championship, Moto Gp championship, World Superbike championship, builds and sells a jet airplane, or makes an autonomous robot that thinks for itself and recognises people and objects while negotiating the world with no human intervention, I'll be impressed. Now go back to making a couple a dirt bikes, nice job.
I think you just made the entire point, Honda can buy this and that and they are a huge company that is outnumbers KTM 10:1 on sheer manufacturing. If they WANTED to they could produce a full line of bikes that everyone loved but they dont care to invest the money, they could elimate us (the motocross community) and not dash an eye. BUT we are talking about motocross, harescrambles, enduros, dual sports, competetive 50cc kids bikes, electric bikes, two stroke, four strokes. If I didnt race dirtbikes I wouldn't care about KTM or know what they were but I do, We all do, and I couldn't give a rats ass about the fact that Honda is a 54 billion dollar company who makes little robots or assembly line machines, cars, generators, but wont make us a 2 stoke dirtbike or invest in the kids that race motocross by giving the an 85, or 65, or a real 50. So do I care that Honda is a giant company, no. I care about KTM because they make what I want, they focus on us and keeping our sport alive by helping activist groups keep riding areas open, help fight outrageous lead laws and keeping our youth supplied with the best bikes every step of the ladder of our great sport. All while making a bike for every single genre of offroad racing. not just a regurgated 250 and a 450 with the sales pitch that it now has 2 pipes instead of 1.
TeamGreen
11/5/2012 7:41pm
Funny.

The World according to angry guys wearing TIn-Foil hats.

Classic.

Especially the part where the genius comments on Honda's costing a Ton of Money in the Face of Ducati...

Genius!
Tim507
11/5/2012 7:50pm
I have been a motopilot my whole life......that said I have ridden thousands of mile on a dirt bike in S America, Baja, and other areas. You just got to love two wheelsSmile
gotwings
11/5/2012 8:42pm
Bill Dance wrote:

i'm not done.

Wow, I'm glad we flushed you out, and now I will set you straight, as there is very little truth in any of the rhetoric you threw up all over your keyboard.

Let's get this party started:

Gp. Honda did not make the FIM switch to four strokes, they saw the writing on the wall that there are no more street-legal 2-strokes, and knowing that as time went on, the public would no longer feel a connection to it.

Honda didn't recruit Rossi to campaign the Rc211v, he had already rode for Honda for two years, and had won a world championship on the Nsr500 for them. Stoner is leaving Moto gp because he has nothing left to prove, and doesn't want to get injured again. Moto 2, someone else could have stepped up but noone did, so Honda developed a motor for the series. Moto 3, Ktm has won, but to say they are "kicking Honda's ass" is ludicrous.

So far, it's not looking good for you, but I'm not done.

WSB. Yes, the Ducati was dominant, in the years after the (all-conquering)1988 rc30 began to get long in the tooth, when they came out with the 916 in ''94. So Honda developed the 750cc rc45, but couldn't compete with the 916cc Ducati, but still won a lot of races against it, just no championship. So when Ducati came out with the 996 , the formula was changed to accomodate Ducati. So Honda made the Rc51, a 998cc twin of it's own. And won a world chmpionship using Ducati's V-twin formula.

F1, you've got to be kidding me, you are really ignorant on this subject. Honda was involved in F1 from the mid sixties until 2006, about 40 years. the formula has changed every few years all along, and Honda could never hope to control that.
Nascar. Honda doesn't make a V-8, how did you think they would ever compete in this series? It was never a serios consideration for them.

Japanese Gt??? Uhhh, Ok. I guess I'll give you that one. But tube frame cars in a series that don't resemble street cars, aren't you talking about Nascar again? Sorry Honda ruined your Japanese Gt racing that has never been on tv in this country, so I guess you followed it in the Japanese papers.

Turns out, in Premeir class american Mx, Honda has more titles than anyone. Guess they have been manipulating the rules and changing the formula to do that. The Crf250r has plenty of titles, but I guess you don't want to mention it.

I never preached to anyone what they should ride, just defending Honda against ludicrous claims from wackos like you.

Oh, one more thing: If Honda manipulates and controls every series around the globe for it's own agenda and dictates the formulas, don't you think then would be winning a hell of a lot more races and series???
gotwings
11/5/2012 8:45pm
Katoom72 wrote:
Im gonna buy a frame to put that post in.

That is EXACTLY what Honda is.
Stop using that Simoncelli Avatar, you fucking pathetic moron. If he were still alive he would kick your fucking ass.
TeamGreen
11/5/2012 10:23pm
Hi, they call me TeamGreen; but, you make me proud that someone's got their "Red" History right.

Soichiro would be proud, too. He'd even tolerate these kooks better than we have...

"If you hire only those people you understand, the company will never get people better than you are. Always remember that you often find outstanding people among those you don't particularly like."
Katoom72
11/5/2012 11:05pm Edited Date/Time 11/6/2012 12:27am
gotwings wrote:
Stop using that Simoncelli Avatar, you fucking pathetic moron. If he were still alive he would kick your fucking ass.
And that is the only thing you can comment on, combined with a personal attack, bravo to you sir. Smile

Honda started the 4 stroke marketing and pushed it hard. Did you forget the days when K-Dub and RC where riding the foopers? They had the perfect riders to fire it off, 2 of the most respected guys in the sport. It was perfect!
Make FIM and AMA to almost double the displacement in the big boys class and double it in the lights, man that could not get any better! The huge ammounts of marketing everywhere from Honda right at that time was also not for nothing. The US market was on it's way to be conquered again, and still is. Their plan worked and their 4strokes are selling. R&D budget payed off.

Honda has been busy developping 4strokes for ages. just like in '79 when the 2stroke field in the motoGP was suprised by the 500 4stroke Honda. It failed ofcourse. After 4 years they finally had a winning 2stroke formula and rider. But then they faded after and the european riders and brands took over the sport. Honda did not like that since the US is a big market for them. No US riders no US intrest means no market. Meanwhile Honda makes the deal with the other japs to develop 4strokes (indeed the respect between them is huge). When they are at their prime of development (AND when Honda has Rossi at the same time for helping development, since the guy can make almost any bike win, we all know that)
Honda pushes the FIM and Dorna into the 4strokes. Et voila, they just swept away competition with their power.
To bad KTM was on their game when 2strokes where declared dead for the rookie classes. Grinning

But hey that is all made up right? Honda had 0 influence in the switch from 2 to 4 strokes or by switching up formulas in orther sports. Hell they did not see most of it comming. Or did they? Grinning Hmm, MX and MotoGP sure looks like a wel setup plan to me. Everyone keeps repeating Honda has an immens ammount of power, even the Honda fans raise to the argument that Honda is the biggest and strongest. (why else would they be fan) But they did not push the 4stroke market harder like any other? Give me a brake... They had their R&D on 4strokes for decades. they just needed the right riders and some lobbying to get it off the ground. Twice.

Oh, one more thing: If Honda manipulates and controls every series around the globe for it's own agenda and dictates the formulas, don't you think then would be winning a hell of a lot more races and series???
It is because they aimed for market share. They got what they wanted. What is the point in winning ALL races in ALL series when your decade long 4stroke R&D plane has landed?

Post a reply to: Honda taking up the fight against KTM !

The Latest