Honda said no to Ricky, but gave JMB

Related:
Create New Tag

11/23/2010 12:42 PM

Honda told RC he couldnt have any of his championship bikes, but gave JMB his championship bike? Whats up with that? DMXS brought this up to Ricky, and asked why he was missing a honda on his wall of fame and he said Honda barely gave him a numberplate from his days there, let alone a bike........ So I wonder how JMB got to keep his? Just wondering[LINK TO IMAGE]

And JMB still has his?

Photo

|

11/23/2010 12:44 PM

JMB had no permission from Honda.

But he didn't care !

wink

|

11/23/2010 12:44 PM

about 10 years would be the difference id assume

|

11/23/2010 12:45 PM

Rumor is the french are better kissers LOL!

|

11/23/2010 12:46 PM

Stanton also has his bikes. Same era as Bayle. Honda probably felt they were paying RC enough in cash dollars. I'm sure he's not all that butt hurt over it.

|

11/23/2010 12:47 PM

Mstock wrote:

Stanton also has his bikes. Same era as Bayle. Honda probably felt they were paying RC enough in cash dollars. I'm sure he's not all that butt hurt over it.

Stantons bike in his trophey case is not a\his factory Honda.

|

11/23/2010 12:48 PM

Once again, in 1991, team Honda said "no" to JMB.

|

11/23/2010 12:52 PM

Read my Observations about the story I got from JMB on the weekend about getting his bike..

Up tomorrow!

|

Mathis is getting weeded out of the pro pits one team at a time he and his almighty will be outsiders soon.

11/23/2010 12:56 PM

Matthes wrote:

Read my Observations about the story I got from JMB on the weekend about getting his bike..

Up tomorrow!

Yeap, because JMB's bike was stolen a few years ago ...

|

11/23/2010 1:05 PM

i believe its just a honda thing. I know that in road racing nicky hayden had to specifically write into his contract that he would get to keep one of his bikes (honda) if he won the moto gp championship. if it was not part of the contract honda would not have provided him a bike after winning.

|

11/23/2010 1:15 PM

Ricky didn't get to keep his bike because of the height qualification. Honda was unaware of the legally binding stipulation, that like carnival rides, you must be at least 4'3" to get on a full size dirt bike. RC, coming in at barely 4'1" apparently won the titles illegally. Not wanting this to get out, Honda now denies that RC ever rode for them, and there is no "championship" bike.

|

I am the biggest loser to ever post at vitalmx. ~ J. Sloan

11/23/2010 1:40 PM

Billy Jack wrote:

Ricky didn't get to keep his bike because of the height qualification. Honda was unaware of the legally binding stipulation, that like carnival rides, you must be at least 4'3" to get on a full size dirt bike. RC, coming in at barely 4'1" apparently won the titles illegally. Not wanting this to get out, Honda now denies that RC ever rode for them, and there is no "championship" bike.

Ha! Good one!cool

|

11/23/2010 1:44 PM

Matthes wrote:

Up tomorrow!

Can't wait - anything JMB' ish gets me giddy.
|

11/23/2010 1:45 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/23/2010 1:48 PM

X2 Rup.
Cool on Matthes getting the scoop.

|

11/23/2010 1:59 PM

Is it possible Honda didnt let RC keep any of his cause they were upset with him leaving ??? I mean they had since april 1st 2004 thru end of that season to let him keep one and they didnt . !!! ?

|

11/23/2010 2:18 PM

He could probably find a brand new one since there are so many of them left over.

|

11/23/2010 2:20 PM

Maybe it's cause Ricky went to Suzuki?

|

11/23/2010 7:37 PM

burn1986 wrote:

He could probably find a brand new one since there are so many of them left over.

This is funny.

RC's championship bike is probably a freestyle bike somewhere smile

|

11/24/2010 2:51 AM

Matthes wrote:

Up tomorrow!

THE mx addict wrote:

He bought it back from the thieves ! True story.

Wait for Matthes' story on how he got the bike at Honda in the first place...

Good one.

|

11/24/2010 3:19 AM

Matthes wrote:

Up tomorrow!

THE mx addict wrote:

Xavier wrote:

He bought it back from the thieves ! True story.

Wait for Matthes' story on how he got the bike at Honda in the first place...

Good one.

now I really want to hear the story

|

There are two kinds of people against dirt bikes, those who never tried and those who weren't good at them.

11/24/2010 3:27 AM

DUDE! RC's trophy room is F'ing SICK!!!! smile

Jeez, you would think Honda would at least be kind enough to let RC have at least 1 of the perfect season bikes dizzy

Before it was stolen, didnt MC have 1 of his championship bikes? It was the one from 93 I think with the blue Camel SX #1 plate.

|

11/24/2010 3:29 AM

decoster might have made the difference

|

11/24/2010 4:34 AM

Honda were always paranoid about the opposition seeing inside their factory bikes. In Europe every nut and bolt at HRC always had to be returned to Japan to go in the mangle; they didn't even trust Euro staff to do it !
I guess they didn't want anyone to see inside the US "production" bikes either ! ;-)

|

11/24/2010 4:42 AM

I'm surprised that riders at the height of their career have the foresight to want to keep a bike for future nostalgia.

It's perhaps obvious to us fans, but for the riders, (who at the time each no doubt thinks they're going to be the next GOAT and will win countless titles), I would have thought that all they would care about is writing as much cash into their contract as possible, rather than effectively trading $100k for an ornament that they can't wait to get off of in favour of next year's works bike, and which probably holds little sentimental value to them at that time.

I think it's cool if they do get to keep them. I never kept any of my old bikes but wish I had.

|

11/24/2010 7:36 AM

Matthes wrote:

Up tomorrow!

Where are your Observations?

|

11/24/2010 7:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/24/2010 7:47 AM

|

A person is smart.... A group of people are only as smart as the loudest person in the room!

11/24/2010 11:51 AM

Negative and Negative

|

11/24/2010 12:48 PM

BornA'Lil2Slow wrote: www.pulpmx.com

and/or

www.transworld.com

Jenga wrote:

Negative and Negative

It's up now on Transworld..Observations

|

"Leave me alone, I know what i'm doing"
- Kimi Räikkönen 4 November 2012

11/24/2010 1:29 PM

web mx wrote:

Is it possible Honda didnt let RC keep any of his cause they were upset with him leaving ??? I mean they had since april 1st 2004 thru end of that season to let him keep one and they didnt . !!! ?

The honda bosses did'nt want him and did not offer him a contract. Thats what he said in a RX interview a few years ago.

|

11/24/2010 1:59 PM

it,s all to do with coolness JMB still has it cool

|