Honda of Houston

kiwifan
1/19/2018 5:04pm
Its a shame Honda have let there products slide so far that dealers, that once were doing well now struggle to make sales. Yes the new...
Its a shame Honda have let there products slide so far that dealers, that once were doing well now struggle to make sales. Yes the new 450 is good but the loss of 2 strokes bit them hard. Their road bikes aren't as good as the competition either. I am a Honda fan at heart, and dreamt of owning a Honda dealership once upon a time. Now I am just sad about what the direction the company has taken.
yeah lets blame it all on Honda....really?????? Ever thought that that area they are in might be too competitive, or perhaps the economy means less sales, or the break-ins contributed to the decision????
moscrop940
1/19/2018 8:57pm
moscrop940 wrote:
When someone like HHR goes down, that to me is strong indication of scary times in the industry. I have not a clue what the fix...
When someone like HHR goes down, that to me is strong indication of scary times in the industry.

I have not a clue what the fix is, but someone needs to figure it out, and quick.
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I'd have to think the same thing. I do hope someone figures it out soon, but I would have to think that a bike being over...
I'd have to think the same thing.

I do hope someone figures it out soon, but I would have to think that a bike being over $10k otd (basing this off of MSRP prices and no deals) isn't really helping much either. I know that subject has been beat to death, but I cant help but think that its a big part of why things are the way they are. I'd have to think there aren't a whole lot of guys our age jumping at the chance to go buy a brand new bike from a shop. I mean I would love to have an 18, but my 14 has 38 hours on it and I cant justify selling it and trying to come up with another $5000+ for an 18.
Agreed on all points.

Back in the early 2000's up until the downturn of the economy, my dad did very well financially.

More bikes than we knew what to do with, diesel pusher motorhome, the works.

While tossing back a few beers last weekend, my dad and I started talking about the state of amateur racing, the cost of bikes, the cost of travel, and everything in between....he stopped for a second and goes "you know what Ryan, I'm grateful for the era you and your brother raced in, because we couldn't do 1/4 of the stuff we did today. I don't know how people are pulling it off nowadays"

Crazy to think that in the span of 10-13 years the grass roots of a sport can change so drastically....

I don't envy any amateur trying to make it today
TeamGreen
1/19/2018 9:10pm
Bummed!

I first met these guys at Mammoth in 2008. I decided, at the last minute, to race Mammoth. Loaded up my stuff in Redding and headed out. When I got there, I had a bike that we'd bullt for Jiri Dostal...for SUPERCROSS! It was Naveen and the HHR guys that told me...real quick..."Uh, no! You're gonna need some different suspension, different jetting and...uh....those bars are just WRONG!"
A phone call to Enzo and A LOT of help from Naveen and the boys...some bars from the Pro Circuit guys...and I had an AMAZING BIKE 48 hours later.

Bye the way...the bike was a KX450F-SR. A KAWASAKI!

That Kawasaki and their tuning earned me some Holeshots, some amazing races...and...some Wooden Bears!
That Kawasaki proudly ran "Honda of Houston" front fender decals.
That Kawasski was very "Honda of Houston".

Thanks to Honda of Hoiston.
You will be missed.
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
1006th
1/19/2018 10:31pm
It's a real bummer when dealerships like that one are closing their doors. Sad! Sad

The Shop

Post a reply to: Honda of Houston

The Latest