Honda Ruckus

dadofagun
Fantasy
1962nd
Edited Date/Time 9/10/2017 5:11pm
Anyone on here use one as a pit bike? Seen a few at the races, was wondering if they are fairly reliable. Looking to get something else to go along with the golf cart, plus I hear they get around 100 miles on a gallon of gas!
|
Godnick993
9/10/2017 1:12pm
They are cool for the pits but only issue id say is if you don't use it a lot the carb will get gummed up and not run. Even if it only sits for a short period of time. Mine right now I was using it almost every weekend now doesn't run due to the carb being gummed up. Was told it's a common issue on them. I need to fix mine and ride it around
Katoomey
9/10/2017 4:29pm
no, Honda small engines are not reliable at all....sheesh!
tempura
9/10/2017 4:44pm
Mine has FI, no carb. They are called Zoomer here, but the same thing.
Mine has been reliable. Changed the battery once and the drive belt (no chain on these).

The Shop

APLMAN99
9/10/2017 4:44pm
Godnick993 wrote:
They are cool for the pits but only issue id say is if you don't use it a lot the carb will get gummed up and...
They are cool for the pits but only issue id say is if you don't use it a lot the carb will get gummed up and not run. Even if it only sits for a short period of time. Mine right now I was using it almost every weekend now doesn't run due to the carb being gummed up. Was told it's a common issue on them. I need to fix mine and ride it around
Are you premixing your fuel or something? I know guys who only use theirs every other weekend or so here in our little waterfront "vacation community" and almost not at all during the winters and they start and run like champs!

Seriously, though, if you are having issues it may be that you are somehow getting E-85 fuel or worse. That shit is horrible on smaller engines. I get our fuel delivered here on the farm and I keep a 100 gallon tank just for non-ethanol fuel for our four wheelers and other small engines. Makes a huge difference.

I also run this religiously in my street bike and scooters. It may sound like snake oil but it works wonders.

Johnny Ringo
9/10/2017 5:01pm
Katoomey wrote:
no, Honda small engines are not reliable at all....sheesh!
I hope you're being sarcastic
dadofagun
Fantasy
1962nd
9/10/2017 5:10pm
Get a Grom
Grom has a clutch. Real pit bikes don't have a clutch, so that you can hold things....like a beer.
Yes, and with the aftermarket kit for under seat storage, many beers can come along for the trip. In all seriousness though, I was just asking to see if these little scoots were reliable. They look to be built pretty solid for a scooter....
dadofagun
Fantasy
1962nd
9/10/2017 5:13pm
Godnick993 wrote:
They are cool for the pits but only issue id say is if you don't use it a lot the carb will get gummed up and...
APLMAN99 wrote:
Are you premixing your fuel or something? I know guys who only use theirs every other weekend or so here in our little waterfront "vacation community"...
Are you premixing your fuel or something? I know guys who only use theirs every other weekend or so here in our little waterfront "vacation community" and almost not at all during the winters and they start and run like champs!

Seriously, though, if you are having issues it may be that you are somehow getting E-85 fuel or worse. That shit is horrible on smaller engines. I get our fuel delivered here on the farm and I keep a 100 gallon tank just for non-ethanol fuel for our four wheelers and other small engines. Makes a huge difference.

I also run this religiously in my street bike and scooters. It may sound like snake oil but it works wonders.

Seafoam is great stuff! Curious though, how much to how many gallons? I keep that stuff in the shop at all times.....
kkawboy14
9/10/2017 5:28pm Edited Date/Time 9/10/2017 5:28pm
Everything Honda makes is good!
APLMAN99
9/10/2017 6:22pm
Godnick993 wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
Are you premixing your fuel or something? I know guys who only use theirs every other weekend or so here in our little waterfront "vacation community"...

dadofagun wrote:
Seafoam is great stuff! Curious though, how much to how many gallons? I keep that stuff in the shop at all times.....
I actually just throw a splash in every other tank and then every tank as it gets closer to winter. Kind of like mixing a drink without shot glasses, just eyeball it. Seems to work out fine for the last several years!

I've only used it in fuel, not in the crankcase. I may try it in the spring on my bike and scooter before changing the oil on them, though.
APLMAN99
9/10/2017 6:23pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
My 85 Elite 150 scooter agrees with you.........
tempura
9/10/2017 6:39pm
The front suspension on the Rukus is awful, but apart from that, it's pretty solid.
dadofagun
Fantasy
1962nd
9/10/2017 6:54pm
Thanks guys. Found a stock 08 with 1600 miles for 1100 bucks, guess I'll give it a go.... can't expect much for that price these days. But it is very clean, so why not?
Gus
9/10/2017 7:51pm
Seafoam dosing : about, yeh , that much.
Hell I've even fixed a dead battery with seafoam. I'm willing to bet Seafoam is 51 percent "adrenaline". It's a common additive in IV bags
kkawboy14
9/10/2017 7:52pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
My 85 Elite 150 scooter agrees with you.........
.....the Honda cub I purchased for my daughters would not die!
kott0n
Fantasy
3769th
9/10/2017 9:25pm
People swap 2 stroke motors into them. That's what makes them appealing to me.
APLMAN99
9/10/2017 9:40pm
kott0n wrote:
I can see some of the appeal with that, but I have to admit that if it's used on the street I'd just go with a big bore 150 in it. It's kinda nice to be able to just fuel up at the gas station without having to worry about mixing your gas and oil..........

My old Honda 150 will hit 60 measured by GPS with my fat ass on it. That's about as fast as I'd want to go with those small wheels. Switching to a 2 stroke wouldn't do anything extra except for sound good to me.
kott0n
Fantasy
3769th
9/10/2017 9:49pm Edited Date/Time 9/10/2017 9:49pm
kott0n wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
I can see some of the appeal with that, but I have to admit that if it's used on the street I'd just go with a...
I can see some of the appeal with that, but I have to admit that if it's used on the street I'd just go with a big bore 150 in it. It's kinda nice to be able to just fuel up at the gas station without having to worry about mixing your gas and oil..........

My old Honda 150 will hit 60 measured by GPS with my fat ass on it. That's about as fast as I'd want to go with those small wheels. Switching to a 2 stroke wouldn't do anything extra except for sound good to me.
I agree with you. It would be the conversation factor and the sound.

Even stock, the mpg they offer is of course the draw to them.
kott0n
Fantasy
3769th
9/10/2017 9:51pm
Look at these and how they do the pipe routing, sweet!

Post a reply to: Honda Ruckus

The Latest