Honda Park (Olmen) needs to close. Please sign the petition.

DeStouwer
3/2/2021 12:03am
The Council of State has withdrawn the permit for the motocrosstrack in Olmen, which was founded by the late Eric Geboers. A local actiongroup has taken steps against the track. The last three years there's been discussion about the noise standards, but now this terrible decision has been made.

This decision sets a precedent for the other (scarce) tracks in Flanders and Belgium (only Lommel, Genk, Lille and Hélécine are left, there used to be 103 tracks around Belgium). It now appears that the Council of State has decided that the track must meet a different standard: the "decree on general environmental policy". However, the legislation says that motorsportfacilities do not have to comply with the general noise standard.

Honda Park in Olmen has been working for years on things that put motorsport in a bad light, such as safety and noise. Given the decision of the Council of State, they will have no choice but to follow the advice. What the direct consequence is for Honda Park and the scarce tracks elsewhere in Flanders is unknown.

The private owner of Honda Park has decided to sell the site in advance. Motorsport Flanders only wants to buy the site if there are sufficient guarantees that it will ever be allowed to race again.

Once again, pro and amateur riders have to wait and see what the direct and indirect consequences of this decision are. Stefan Everts summed up the situation in a perfect manner: “RIP Olmen. Yet another stab in the heart for our sport in Belgium.”

So I'm asking for your help guys, for what it's worth. Please sign the petition on following link:

https://www.petities.com/signatures/honda_park_olmen_moet_open_blijven/

At the moment, 6,937 people have signed it. The petition is being shared by the official Honda Park social accounts aswell.

Thanks in advance!
|
3/2/2021 12:30am
I signed it. I have never been there but have been in Lommel and Lille and i hope they dont close more tracks.
thehenk
3/2/2021 12:51am
signed it, love the track. we are very lucky in the netherlands we have still so many tracks open
3/2/2021 12:57am
I signed it too but have a bad feeling.......

The Shop

#244#
Fantasy
4265th
3/4/2021 4:22am
Done
please give a hint to the german CROSS MAGAZIN (I m not at Social Media) and you will get many people
DeStouwer
3/4/2021 5:49am Edited Date/Time 3/4/2021 7:53am
#244# wrote:
Done
please give a hint to the german CROSS MAGAZIN (I m not at Social Media) and you will get many people
Cool, thanks for the hint!

Post a reply to: Honda Park (Olmen) needs to close. Please sign the petition.

The Latest