Honda Cr 400

Related:
Create New Tag

7/8/2020 6:32 AM

Saw this in Facebook.
I’ve never heard of such a thing
Anybody have any experience with one of these? Seems pretty cool!
Curious about power delivery. Would think it’d be pretty torquey. Photo

|

7/8/2020 7:32 AM

interesting frankenstein machine. I wonder how much work was required to mate the fuji (polaris) cylinder to the honda lower end

|

ride

7/8/2020 7:36 AM

I was wondering what the actual displacement would be, thinking the CR would have a considerably shorter stroke, but it doesn't. it is actually 2mm longer than polaris 400 (which is actually 387cc)

|

ride

7/8/2020 8:35 AM

blink
Can't decide if the Honda parts make the Polaris ones more reliable, or if the Polaris parts make the Honda ones less so. Either way, I'm not sure I trust the Frankenwelded swingarm. Those hillclimb guys are a whole other breed. Gotta love it.
|

Braaapin' aint easy.

7/8/2020 8:47 AM

At least they started with one of the most hated chassis of all time

|

7/8/2020 9:27 AM

user760a wrote:

interesting frankenstein machine. I wonder how much work was required to mate the fuji (polaris) cylinder to the honda lower ...more

Let's just say, it doesn't appear to be exactly what you'd call a matched port job, LOL.

As for the swingarm, come on man, that brake hose is super confidence inspiring.....

It does have a pretty sweet works tank.

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

Powerband in every gear !

7/8/2020 10:21 AM

Wut . . . .

Chassis aside, is there any merit to that motor combo idea?

|

7/8/2020 10:51 AM

mo power

|

ride

7/8/2020 11:15 AM

Hillclimb guys are different! At least they didn't destroy a usable chassis. That seat looks like something off a 1970's custom chopper build!

|

7/8/2020 11:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/8/2020 11:44 AM

FWYT wrote:

Wut . . . .

Chassis aside, is there any merit to that motor combo idea?

Google says its a combo that is not completely uncommon to do for guys with TRXs
Photo

|

7/8/2020 12:30 PM

If it were mine, I would scrub all mention of polaris. As far as I know it is a japanese made Fuji cylinder....

|

ride

7/8/2020 1:16 PM

user760a wrote:

I was wondering what the actual displacement would be, thinking the CR would have a considerably shorter stroke, but it ...more

My math says 389 cc (The Polaris is actually 378 cc).

|

7/8/2020 6:56 PM

MXA should test it

|

7/8/2020 7:15 PM

I’d rather read an article about Keefer testing this thing, than the Star bike.

|

7/8/2020 7:37 PM

motoarmageddon wrote:

MXA should test it

I’ll save you time. “The gap between second and third was too big (based on the only track we test bikes at that is filled with short runs to steep hills) For what we would like so add 1 tooth to the rear sprocket”...”add 10cc to each fork and go down one spring rate(regardless of anything)”

|

7/8/2020 7:53 PM

motoarmageddon wrote:

MXA should test it

Pool-eh wrote:

I’ll save you time. “The gap between second and third was too big (based on the only track we test bikes at that is filled ...more

You forgot “for hardcore racing “...

|

7/14/2020 9:26 AM

MXA would add a tooth regardless

|

in a past life, I was myself

when opportunity knocked, it waited because I was busy

I gave my father a talking to

3/7/2021 3:33 PM

user760a wrote:

interesting frankenstein machine. I wonder how much work was required to mate the fuji (polaris) cylinder to the honda lower ...more

i am the new owner of this bike and it is an absolute animal. one of the torquest machines ive ever ridden.

|

3/7/2021 3:36 PM

Photo
|

3/9/2021 6:41 AM

fatcat8732 wrote:

i am the new owner of this bike and it is an absolute animal. one of the torquest machines ive ever ridden.

Don't be shy child tell us more about this bike.

|

3/9/2021 7:30 AM

user760a wrote:

fatcat8732 wrote:

How did you find this thread?

|

3/9/2021 1:02 PM

user760a wrote:

fatcat8732 wrote:

Skerby wrote:

i was looking online for more info on the cr250 polaris 400 engine mashups and found this thread with the pic of builders orginal listing

|

3/9/2021 1:03 PM

user760a wrote:

fatcat8732 wrote:

yzf162 wrote:

Don't be shy child tell us more about this bike.

wat would u like to know?

|

3/9/2021 1:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/9/2021 1:18 PM

Quad guys used to do that back in the mid 90's with 250Rs. I remember seeing a few when I played in that world. Particularly in GNCC.

|

Violence You Can Believe In

1/18/2022 4:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/18/2022 4:34 PM

I am currently the new owner of this bike and she's hurt.... Some dude had it outside in real cold weather. Hasn't been washed in a long time. I plan on trying to get it running off of the 400 topend.. bottom end might need help but I'm not 100% sure what's all down there. If it's all stock or not. The last guy fucked it up changed the seat and put a regular one on it might be a Crf80 seat not sure. I identified this bike from the footpegs and black upper Shock tube clamps. If anyone knows a little about it anything would help it looks like it's been threw a few people's hands. Thanks in advance ill get some pictures here soon

|

1/19/2022 6:58 AM

clappedoutpolondaintheworks wrote:

I am currently the new owner of this bike and she's hurt.... Some dude had it outside in real cold weather. Hasn't been washed ...more

Wow, congratulations
Definitely keep us updated. Can’t wait to see the finished product.

|

1/19/2022 7:39 AM

Make sure you keep the Husky bar pad on there, it completes it.

|

Just another wannabe who makes some videos from time to time
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqTZ4lNA_xYv6N2DS4L1Now

1/19/2022 9:25 AM

Be a sweet bike to save and clean up properly. Looks like a well made alloy fuel tank on there.

|

1/20/2022 9:52 AM

clappedoutpolondaintheworks wrote:

I am currently the new owner of this bike and she's hurt.... Some dude had it outside in real cold weather. Hasn't been washed ...more

|

Powerband in every gear !

1/20/2022 9:55 AM

Polonda, is that Kip's gf

|

"What happens to your hands when you crash?"
"I put my hands up real quick to protect my sunglasses"