Honda Auto Logo

dcg141
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 12:34am
Did anyone else notice that when they were showing results that the Honda Automotive logo was used and not the wings motorcycle logo. Just a mistake or did Honda request them to start using that logo?
|
moto282
1/8/2012 8:33am Edited Date/Time 1/8/2012 8:33am
dcg141 wrote:
Did anyone else notice that when they were showing results that the Honda Automotive logo was used and not the wings motorcycle logo. Just a mistake...
Did anyone else notice that when they were showing results that the Honda Automotive logo was used and not the wings motorcycle logo. Just a mistake or did Honda request them to start using that logo?
Noticed the new logo (for mx) too...
stackman17
1/8/2012 8:35am
We were watching the race and when the logo showed up, someone mentioned how good the civic looked in the rythm sections. Odd, bring back the simply HONDA or the wings!!
lilbulld
1/8/2012 8:51am
I noticed it, also noticed how damn small the font was and that they didn't show outside the top 10 until the 450 main

The Shop

nickm
1/8/2012 9:54am
If you go to the Honda website the motorcycle part of the company logo is still the wing....probably just someone in the SPEED TV graphics room that needed a honda logo and figured the one off her Civic was just fine.
WSR
1/8/2012 10:01am
nickm wrote:
If you go to the Honda website the motorcycle part of the company logo is still the wing....probably just someone in the SPEED TV graphics room...
If you go to the Honda website the motorcycle part of the company logo is still the wing....probably just someone in the SPEED TV graphics room that needed a honda logo and figured the one off her Civic was just fine.
Honda will not agree with said Speed employee.
newmann
1/8/2012 10:12am
Maybe they are downsizing here in the US and lumping scooters in with cars. Powerhouse dealers going bellyup is not too uncommon a sight is it? They can't all afford the note, taxes and insurance on a 100,000 square foot building on prime real estate can they??? Maybe we'll be able to buy a Honda at Wal-Mart soon...or Sam's Club. The salespeople there will probably know just as much about mx as the monster dealers.
bvm111
1/8/2012 11:39am
I noticed it too but figured it was some producer that has no idea there is a difference.... shrugged my sholders and continued to drink my beer!
nickm
1/8/2012 11:47am
Just so you know how those graphics get on screen....someone is sitting in front of a mac pro, the machine is tied into the broadcasting presentation software....the person inputs the text/graphics/etc. into the software and when appropriate, the folks controlling the broadcast feed in the graphics from this computer. This is the way it works in every broadcast with on screen graphics for anything (ie: football game, TV ad, etc).

I wasn't kidding in my post above when I said it was likely the person in the graphics room that thought it was fine..its not like they call the Honda lawyers and trademark people and ask if what the graphics chick did is "ok" before they broadcast it. The graphics people probably figured a logo would look better on screen than the usual KAW, YAM, HON, etc...
layinbody31
1/9/2012 8:04am
Yeah, that pissed me off. You'd think somebody would've said something and got it fixed before the broadcast was over. Hopefully it's back to the wing for next week
Scooter McGavin
1/10/2012 8:56pm
I noticed the Honda car logo and thought it was kind of weird. How about Nick Wey's jacket, it appeared to be a leather jacket without sleeves, like a biker jacket. I noticed it on rider intro's and on the line before his heat race. What about Reed talking about taking a "shit in the dark" after his heat race interview, I think he meant to say "shot in the dark." Ricky and Ralph looked they were dressed for a tryout on Miami Vice. Just a few observations from A1.
motosmith
1/10/2012 9:59pm
I noticed the Honda car logo and thought it was kind of weird. How about Nick Wey's jacket, it appeared to be a leather jacket without...
I noticed the Honda car logo and thought it was kind of weird. How about Nick Wey's jacket, it appeared to be a leather jacket without sleeves, like a biker jacket. I noticed it on rider intro's and on the line before his heat race. What about Reed talking about taking a "shit in the dark" after his heat race interview, I think he meant to say "shot in the dark." Ricky and Ralph looked they were dressed for a tryout on Miami Vice. Just a few observations from A1.
lol, I noticed that too, I was like did he just say "shit in the dark"?
TerryK
1/10/2012 10:34pm
Maybe Honda is leaning toward a universal logo? The bike stuff is after all, just a drop in the bucket for them.
bv
1/11/2012 5:35am
I was waitin for reedy to come over the finish in a ridgeline or civic or something
nickm
1/11/2012 5:46am
TerryK wrote:
Maybe Honda is leaning toward a universal logo? The bike stuff is after all, just a drop in the bucket for them.
Its quite the opposite of a drop in the bucket...they sell a HUGE amount (like millions per year) of 2 wheelers in India, China and other developing markets. Honda is still very much a motorcycle company, they obviously have a huge car business in north america, but that isn't the case in the rest of the world. Remember India and China alone are 2 Billion people almost all of them used bicycles not so long ago as main transport so motorcycle buying population is HUGE...,US+Canada is 300 million by comparison.

Post a reply to: Honda Auto Logo

The Latest