Home motocross track photos

5/14/2020 4:28pm
My one buddy has a track but he just had surgery and it wont be back in action for another month or two. Im not a fast A or B rider and therefore not in the clique of guys who have access to everyone and anyones private tracks around here. It blows lol
biondo
5/14/2020 6:24pm
ElliotB16 wrote:
No good pictures but I do have this go pro video. Lap times right at 1:30. Everything was built with a John Deere loader tractor. Hopefully...
No good pictures but I do have this go pro video. Lap times right at 1:30. Everything was built with a John Deere loader tractor. Hopefully can get some more dirt hauled in and add a few more jumps.
https://youtu.be/f_cE-kHHa_k
TriRacer27 wrote:
That's really really cool Elliot. Love the jump coming out of the woods!
Hey Really Looks Great! I’m jealous of all the
Space y’all have! We need to move outa town...I’d put a jump in my short track but
I might end up in the neighbors backyard!
Anyways looks Fun!
gjbruny
5/15/2020 8:25pm Edited Date/Time 5/15/2020 8:40pm
Just finished putting 5800gal on the track this evening (thats 10 trips to the pond with one of my work spray trucks that i plumbed up with a hitch mounted attachment). Its capable of about 160gal/min and i fill the tanks from the pond with a 3” harbor freight pump (its impressive fills 580gal in about 2 minutes or a hair under). ill put another 3-4k on in the morning before the guys get here and probably put another 3000 on around lunch time
gjbruny
5/15/2020 8:35pm
Couple pics from when i started just before the sun set

The Shop

Hammer 663s
5/15/2020 8:54pm
This is dozer weekend. Excavator last weekend. This is a home track but it is massive with steep terrain. The big hill is a 300 ft climb and makes horsepower hill look wimpy. It is going to be very fast and flowing. Might be ready for first ride next weekend since it’s gonna be wet the next few days. .

gjbruny
5/15/2020 9:21pm
Looks awesome, Hammer!
slipdog
5/15/2020 9:29pm
Full track rebuild for my kids the last 2 days...

Hammer 663s
5/16/2020 5:23pm Edited Date/Time 5/16/2020 5:29pm
A few from today. If we don't get too much rain tonight we will ride it for the first time tomorrow. I'm expecting a 2:30-3 minute lap time. It's a really big track, maybe 1.5 miles total. It would have been even bigger if we'd had another weekend with the excavator. Next year.....

The big straight from the middle. Looking towards the beginning.

The big straight from the middle. Looking towards the far end. At least 1500 feet long.

The end of the big straight and through the woods to the other side. Another 1/2 mile of track back there.

Coming back thru the woods looking at Impala Hill. Some very cool stuff after this turn, not shown.

Ben finishing up the hill. It is very steep and probably 600 feet long, 200 foot climb. Then left and a steep downhill to the start of the big straight.
gjbruny
5/16/2020 8:57pm Edited Date/Time 5/16/2020 9:07pm
Hammer, THAT looks fun! Had 13 full size bikes 4 50s, 2 85s and a 150r at my place from 10am till about 30 min ago. The kids rode till it was pretty well too dark to see. Between last night, this morning and 2 water runs during riding, i dumped about 14,000 gallons on the track. Now we are Just getting the fire pit going. Going to spend the first part of tomorrow getting the track cleaned back up before the rain hits. Think i have “almost” as much fun building and rebuilding as i do riding. I have a feeling u enjoy building them too. ;^)
gjbruny
5/16/2020 8:59pm
Btw,The dirt there looks really good! Most of our mountain country is very rocky with tons of shale. Nothing like what you have.
Hammer 663s
5/16/2020 9:18pm
gjbruny wrote:
Btw,The dirt there looks really good! Most of our mountain country is very rocky with tons of shale. Nothing like what you have.
Yeah we were surprised that it was so deep. Only hit a few rocks and a couple areas of gravel but mostly dirt and clay. It will take a few years and lots of wood chips to loam it up. If the owner works at it, in 5 years it will be the best track in the PNW.
Hammer 663s
5/23/2020 5:55pm
^^^^THAT is bad-ass!!!!

Hammer
biondo
5/23/2020 6:13pm
A few from today. If we don't get too much rain tonight we will ride it for the first time tomorrow. I'm expecting a 2:30-3 minute...
A few from today. If we don't get too much rain tonight we will ride it for the first time tomorrow. I'm expecting a 2:30-3 minute lap time. It's a really big track, maybe 1.5 miles total. It would have been even bigger if we'd had another weekend with the excavator. Next year.....

The big straight from the middle. Looking towards the beginning.

The big straight from the middle. Looking towards the far end. At least 1500 feet long.

The end of the big straight and through the woods to the other side. Another 1/2 mile of track back there.

Coming back thru the woods looking at Impala Hill. Some very cool stuff after this turn, not shown.

Ben finishing up the hill. It is very steep and probably 600 feet long, 200 foot climb. Then left and a steep downhill to the start of the big straight.
Looking Awesome!! Would love ❤️ to be there for your Grand Opening! 😎
Hammer 663s
5/24/2020 4:16pm
Man today was another off the hook day. We did a lot of prep Friday, and the last 2 days were really good, Wife is pissed - me and the boy have spent most of the last 2 days either prepping or riding. Having a track is a crapload of work but it's worth it. The boy is getting good...

FIREfish148
5/24/2020 4:25pm
One of the best parts of having a moto track is rallying old trucks around on it.
Thelen20
5/26/2020 6:12am
This thread delivers!!!

My parents have a little track on about 3-4 acres at their house. We ride there pretty regular. Track was good last week! My kid is getting better every time out! Nothing like watching your kid progress! It's amazing!

Hammer 663s
5/26/2020 7:21am
Thelen20 wrote:
This thread delivers!!! My parents have a little track on about 3-4 acres at their house. We ride there pretty regular. Track was good last week...
This thread delivers!!!

My parents have a little track on about 3-4 acres at their house. We ride there pretty regular. Track was good last week! My kid is getting better every time out! Nothing like watching your kid progress! It's amazing!

It’s all about seat time. With soccer being cancelled his love for moto has reawakened, and with access to a couple private tracks he’s been riding a ton. He was decent before but something has clicked on in his head. I need to get him some lessons from someone that knows what they are doing. It’s been fun to watch but he’s getting fast enough where I get a little worried watching him sometimes. Been quite some time since he’s gone down hard.
Gilby122
5/26/2020 8:15am
It’s all about seat time. With soccer being cancelled his love for moto has reawakened, and with access to a couple private tracks he’s been riding...
It’s all about seat time. With soccer being cancelled his love for moto has reawakened, and with access to a couple private tracks he’s been riding a ton. He was decent before but something has clicked on in his head. I need to get him some lessons from someone that knows what they are doing. It’s been fun to watch but he’s getting fast enough where I get a little worried watching him sometimes. Been quite some time since he’s gone down hard.
Ain't that the truth! Bigger the bike...bigger the consequence. I recently took a digger on my home track that got me flown out. My 12 year old was with me and handled it all like a champ getting me help (I was unconscious so wasn't too worried haha). Point is, I can handle it. Was my own fault. But the thought of our roles being reversed and him in that situation scares me. I love the sport and so does he, but no part of me wants to see him go through anything like that.
yak651
Fantasy
168th
5/26/2020 9:06am
My buddy's backyard track that he allows a weekly ride day. Top half is all sand - about 1:20 lap times and once it gets some riders on it's a work out even without any big jumps. The bottom half is a clay track (not shown on video) that is mainly rode when it's too dry/dusty on top half or when wanting to practice jumps/rhythms. Pretty lucky to have a friend open is property to riding.
Thelen20
5/26/2020 6:10pm
Thelen20 wrote:
This thread delivers!!! My parents have a little track on about 3-4 acres at their house. We ride there pretty regular. Track was good last week...
This thread delivers!!!

It’s all about seat time. With soccer being cancelled his love for moto has reawakened, and with access to a couple private tracks he’s been riding...
I know exactly what you mean on all fronts! My kid flipped a switch last week. Went from just riding to charging. My kid rarely crashes, but I feel like if he does it could be bad. I have a track at my house to so I'm making sure he gets all the seat time he wants. The only thing I'm focusing on when we ride is proper technique. If his technique is good speed will come on it's own!
Tracktor
5/27/2020 3:12pm
Thelen20 wrote:
I know exactly what you mean on all fronts! My kid flipped a switch last week. Went from just riding to charging. My kid rarely crashes...
I know exactly what you mean on all fronts! My kid flipped a switch last week. Went from just riding to charging. My kid rarely crashes, but I feel like if he does it could be bad. I have a track at my house to so I'm making sure he gets all the seat time he wants. The only thing I'm focusing on when we ride is proper technique. If his technique is good speed will come on it's own!
I've found with both of my boys if you work on technique & let them have fun the speed comes on it's own. Even if it doesn't they are having fun so it's a win/win. So many kids develop speed as they move on to 85's & big bikes. Seeing parents push when they are on minis just makes me shake my head. Minis don;t mean much other than a time for you to enjoy riding with them and decide if they want to keep riding. I've been to too many hospitals with my boys over the years to feel good about pushing them to ride over their comfort level. Hell, they do so much shit now I'm the guy telling them to back it down..........
Mr. Ted
Fantasy
1673rd
8/24/2020 7:16pm
Couple of drone shots my son's buddy took at our house. Shows the front half.

Hammer 663s
4/18/2022 8:43am
Since it's Spring, dredging up this old thread with some fresh prep photos! We did a full prep Friday and put in a lot of sawdust and woodchips. Dirt was perfect for working, and epic to ride. Local pro came out and showed us how to ride it too. Most of us run lap times from 58-1:03 or so when conditions are like this. He was turning 55 flat on an MC125.

Hammer 663s

Post a reply to: Home motocross track photos

The Latest