Holy s*** Yamaha! I never knew the extent

USA
Fantasy
428th
Edited Date/Time 6/21/2021 2:44pm
https://www.stitcher.com/episode/84794940

If you have the latest Racer X (August 2021), DC has an article about riders leaving teams called "all things end badly". There is also a read out podcast for this article.

In the article he explains some of the bullcrap team Yamaha pulled back in '88. Emptying Stanton's box van while he was racing his last moto for the team, and also doing almost the same petty stuff after Glover won the final supercross of the season. He then goes further back to them pulling some stuff on Lechein in '83...

I think we all know about the awful environment they had when Bradshaw was there in '92. And all of the countless other BS even up until 2020.

I'm a Yamaha guy, and I'm happy Star finally got to take over the factory effort. I'm sure the stories about the high-pressure environment over there will come out one day.

Factory Yamaha's past antics just caught me by surprise.

|
ridge
6/18/2021 10:17am
That was interesting! 👍👍👍
PNWRider
6/18/2021 10:37am
USA wrote:
https://www.stitcher.com/episode/84794940 If you have the latest Racer X (August 2021), DC has an article about riders leaving teams called "all things end badly". There is also...

If you have the latest Racer X (August 2021), DC has an article about riders leaving teams called "all things end badly". There is also a read out podcast for this article.

In the article he explains some of the bullcrap team Yamaha pulled back in '88. Emptying Stanton's box van while he was racing his last moto for the team, and also doing almost the same petty stuff after Glover won the final supercross of the season. He then goes further back to them pulling some stuff on Lechein in '83...

I think we all know about the awful environment they had when Bradshaw was there in '92. And all of the countless other BS even up until 2020.

I'm a Yamaha guy, and I'm happy Star finally got to take over the factory effort. I'm sure the stories about the high-pressure environment over there will come out one day.

I’m pretty sure Broc Glover talked about it in his Motocross Files episode, too. He made a comment about regretting being so loyal instead of jumping ship like RJ did.
mxbigd17
6/18/2021 10:42am
USA wrote:
https://www.stitcher.com/episode/84794940 If you have the latest Racer X (August 2021), DC has an article about riders leaving teams called "all things end badly". There is also...

PNWRider wrote:
I’m pretty sure Broc Glover talked about it in his Motocross Files episode, too. He made a comment about regretting being so loyal instead of jumping...
I’m pretty sure Broc Glover talked about it in his Motocross Files episode, too. He made a comment about regretting being so loyal instead of jumping ship like RJ did.
Motocross Files were amazing…
USA
Fantasy
428th
6/18/2021 11:13am
PNWRider wrote:
I’m pretty sure Broc Glover talked about it in his Motocross Files episode, too. He made a comment about regretting being so loyal instead of jumping...
I need to go watch all of those now. I can only remember watching the Bob Hannah Motocross Files.

Crazy how cutthroat Yamaha was back then, even though Honda was top dog.

The Shop

davistld01
6/18/2021 11:24am
USA wrote:
I need to go watch all of those now. I can only remember watching the Bob Hannah Motocross Files. Crazy how cutthroat Yamaha was back then...
I need to go watch all of those now. I can only remember watching the Bob Hannah Motocross Files.

I've heard that McCarty could be more than a bit of a dick.
Heggo
6/18/2021 5:21pm

The evidence is mounting up
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
6/18/2021 5:45pm
USA wrote:
I need to go watch all of those now. I can only remember watching the Bob Hannah Motocross Files. Crazy how cutthroat Yamaha was back then...

davistld01 wrote:
When Hannah was first teamed up with McCarty he wanted a new mechanic, he said that McCarty was more worried about this chick he wanted to date than working on the bike.Dizzy I guess they got it worked out though. Wink
Up Wind
6/18/2021 6:06pm Edited Date/Time 6/19/2021 2:36pm
USA wrote:

davistld01 wrote:
lostboy819 wrote:
When Hannah was first teamed up with McCarty he wanted a new mechanic, he said that McCarty was more worried about this chick he wanted to...
When Hannah was first teamed up with McCarty he wanted a new mechanic, he said that McCarty was more worried about this chick he wanted to date than working on the bike.Dizzy I guess they got it worked out though. Wink
The chick might have became his wife and the mother of his super smart kids. Good call for him because after 40 years of service to the MX business, he gets a bunch a dumb dumbs in the mx world trashing him.

Edit..dumb dumbs are counted by the number of down votes below.
PNWRider
6/18/2021 7:23pm
davistld01 wrote:
lostboy819 wrote:
When Hannah was first teamed up with McCarty he wanted a new mechanic, he said that McCarty was more worried about this chick he wanted to...
Up Wind wrote:
The chick might have became his wife and the mother of his super smart kids. Good call for him because after 40 years of service to...
The chick might have became his wife and the mother of his super smart kids. Good call for him because after 40 years of service to the MX business, he gets a bunch a dumb dumbs in the mx world trashing him.

*have
Sully
6/18/2021 7:33pm
davistld01 wrote:
lostboy819 wrote:
Up Wind wrote:
The chick might have became his wife and the mother of his super smart kids. Good call for him because after 40 years of service to...

Hi Keith!
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
6/18/2021 7:36pm
davistld01 wrote:
lostboy819 wrote:
Up Wind wrote:

Its a story told by Bob in the the Bob Hannah motocross files so piss off. Cool
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
6/18/2021 8:15pm
Things like this have a way of coming back on those who do it. Happens in business all the time. We don't do that crap in our company, but have known many others that have. What comes around, goes around. I prefer taking the high road myself. Life is too short to be petty. And my buddies and I always say, "don't sweat the petty stuff, pet the sweaty stuff".
MyBobbym
6/19/2021 12:50am
USA wrote:

Keith McCarty or Kenny Clark?
MyBobbym
6/19/2021 12:52am
davistld01 wrote:
lostboy819 wrote:
Up Wind wrote:

I thought it was Bill Buchka
Yeti831
6/19/2021 8:42am
There’s been a lot of reported resentment with Keith and Yamaha over the years.

I can’t think of any positive things ex team riders have said in regards to leaving that team. Seems it had more to do with Keith than Yamaha. Just in regards to how strict their regime was and how little wiggle room they had in regards to bike configuration.
6/19/2021 2:06pm
All this dirt digging and yet nobody ever talks about Matthes’ exit from Yamaha. That’s a good story.
davistld01
6/19/2021 4:20pm
All this dirt digging and yet nobody ever talks about Matthes’ exit from Yamaha. That’s a good story.
Why don’t you talk about it?
The Sneak
6/20/2021 8:34am Edited Date/Time 6/20/2021 8:35am
Always so disappointing to hear about this stuff. I was such a loyal Yamaha guy as a kid. I remember the Bradshaw thing in 93 like it was yesterday. You look at all those guys that left and did better elsewhere — Lechien, RJ, Stanton, Hannah (well, better than 82 anyway), Emig…
kpiper
6/20/2021 8:36am
The Sneak wrote:
Always so disappointing to hear about this stuff. I was such a loyal Yamaha guy as a kid. I remember the Bradshaw thing in 93 like...
Always so disappointing to hear about this stuff. I was such a loyal Yamaha guy as a kid. I remember the Bradshaw thing in 93 like it was yesterday. You look at all those guys that left and did better elsewhere — Lechien, RJ, Stanton, Hannah (well, better than 82 anyway), Emig…
Hannah was dominating on the Honda until he broke his wrist.
CG118
6/20/2021 9:20am
Anyone know where we can find the story?
6/20/2021 10:21am
USA wrote:

The 80's were a long time ago, you guys need to let it go already....
TeamGreen
6/20/2021 10:44am
USA wrote:

And, yet, it's still part of the story that caused this most recent Yamaha Race Mgmt "change". Which reminds me: This is the internet. This is a forum. A forum about "all things motocross"; which, earns you a...

STFU, NOOB!

Grinning

LewDizzle
6/20/2021 11:10am
I think we should make them apologize for something 30+ years ago. Then we should cancel them and call them racist for not updating the 2-stroke line-up.
mac3-d
6/20/2021 1:04pm
Was it Windhams girlfriend not allowed into the team semi ?
Then Windham made a sign saying "No team managers sons allowed in the team semi"
mb60
6/20/2021 1:13pm
USA wrote:

Kind of like the saddleback race with Howerton and Hannah. Hannah fans can't let it go 40 years later.
6/20/2021 1:40pm
LewDizzle wrote:
I think we should make them apologize for something 30+ years ago. Then we should cancel them and call them racist for not updating the 2-stroke...
I think we should make them apologize for something 30+ years ago. Then we should cancel them and call them racist for not updating the 2-stroke line-up.
Man, I hate to break it to you, but Factory Yamaha has already been cancelled.
6/20/2021 1:46pm
LewDizzle wrote:
I think we should make them apologize for something 30+ years ago. Then we should cancel them and call them racist for not updating the 2-stroke...
By the looks of what Star has done with the YZ 450, it looks like Factory Yamaha cancelled themselves with poor results.
OG725
6/20/2021 2:12pm
Did Yamaha not pay their advertising bill? The MX media is worse than CNN.
TeamGreen
6/20/2021 2:14pm
LewDizzle wrote:
1911 wrote:
By the looks of what Star has done with the YZ 450, it looks like Factory Yamaha cancelled themselves with poor results.
Sometimes even a flawed corporate culture takes forever to change.

Right here, in this thread, we can read about one that survived from the '70s all the way until 2020. That's why I get such a laugh outta the youngsters making their silly little unknowing comments.

Relevance seems lost on some folks. Grinning

But, hey, no worries...it's the Interwebsocialmediadrivel thing.
OG725
6/20/2021 2:16pm Edited Date/Time 6/20/2021 2:16pm
1911 wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
Sometimes even a flawed corporate culture takes forever to change. Right here, in this thread, we can read about one that survived from the '70s all...
Sometimes even a flawed corporate culture takes forever to change.

Right here, in this thread, we can read about one that survived from the '70s all the way until 2020. That's why I get such a laugh outta the youngsters making their silly little unknowing comments.

Relevance seems lost on some folks. Grinning

But, hey, no worries...it's the Interwebsocialmediadrivel thing.
Monkeys.

Post a reply to: Holy s*** Yamaha! I never knew the extent

The Latest