Holy s*** Yamaha! I never knew the extent

Related:
Create New Tag

6/18/2021 9:46 AM

https://www.stitcher.com/episode/84794940

If you have the latest Racer X (August 2021), DC has an article about riders leaving teams called "all things end badly". There is also a read out podcast for this article.

In the article he explains some of the bullcrap team Yamaha pulled back in '88. Emptying Stanton's box van while he was racing his last moto for the team, and also doing almost the same petty stuff after Glover won the final supercross of the season. He then goes further back to them pulling some stuff on Lechein in '83...

I think we all know about the awful environment they had when Bradshaw was there in '92. And all of the countless other BS even up until 2020.

I'm a Yamaha guy, and I'm happy Star finally got to take over the factory effort. I'm sure the stories about the high-pressure environment over there will come out one day.

Factory Yamaha's past antics just caught me by surprise.

|

Holeshot Coffee Co.
Each bag sold donates $1 to Road2Recovery

6/18/2021 10:17 AM

That was interesting! 👍👍👍

|

6/18/2021 10:37 AM

USA wrote:

If you have the latest Racer X (August 2021), DC has an article about riders ...more

I’m pretty sure Broc Glover talked about it in his Motocross Files episode, too. He made a comment about regretting being so loyal instead of jumping ship like RJ did.

|

6/18/2021 10:42 AM

USA wrote:

If you have the latest Racer X (August 2021), DC has an article about riders ...more

PNWRider wrote:

I’m pretty sure Broc Glover talked about it in his Motocross Files episode, too. He made a comment about regretting being so ...more

Motocross Files were amazing…

|

"17"

6/18/2021 11:13 AM

PNWRider wrote:

I’m pretty sure Broc Glover talked about it in his Motocross Files episode, too. He made a comment about regretting being so ...more

I need to go watch all of those now. I can only remember watching the Bob Hannah Motocross Files.

Crazy how cutthroat Yamaha was back then, even though Honda was top dog.

|

Holeshot Coffee Co.
Each bag sold donates $1 to Road2Recovery

6/18/2021 11:24 AM

USA wrote:

I need to go watch all of those now. I can only remember watching the Bob Hannah Motocross Files.

Crazy how cutthroat Yamaha ...more

I've heard that McCarty could be more than a bit of a dick.

|

6/18/2021 5:21 PM

Photo
The evidence is mounting up
|

6/18/2021 5:45 PM

PNWRider wrote:

USA wrote:

davistld01 wrote:

When Hannah was first teamed up with McCarty he wanted a new mechanic, he said that McCarty was more worried about this chick he wanted to date than working on the bike.dizzy I guess they got it worked out though. wink

|

Ed Johnson

6/18/2021 6:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/19/2021 2:36 PM

USA wrote:

davistld01 wrote:

lostboy819 wrote:

When Hannah was first teamed up with McCarty he wanted a new mechanic, he said that McCarty was more worried about this chick ...more

The chick might have became his wife and the mother of his super smart kids. Good call for him because after 40 years of service to the MX business, he gets a bunch a dumb dumbs in the mx world trashing him.

Edit..dumb dumbs are counted by the number of down votes below.

|

6/18/2021 7:23 PM

davistld01 wrote:

lostboy819 wrote:

When Hannah was first teamed up with McCarty he wanted a new mechanic, he said that McCarty was more worried about this chick ...more

Up Wind wrote:

The chick might have became his wife and the mother of his super smart kids. Good call for him because after 40 years of ...more

*have

|

6/18/2021 7:33 PM

davistld01 wrote:

lostboy819 wrote:

Up Wind wrote:

The chick might have became his wife and the mother of his super smart kids. Good call for him because after 40 years of ...more

Hi Keith!

|

6/18/2021 7:36 PM

davistld01 wrote:

lostboy819 wrote:

Up Wind wrote:

Its a story told by Bob in the the Bob Hannah motocross files so piss off. cool

|

Ed Johnson

6/18/2021 8:15 PM

Things like this have a way of coming back on those who do it. Happens in business all the time. We don't do that crap in our company, but have known many others that have. What comes around, goes around. I prefer taking the high road myself. Life is too short to be petty. And my buddies and I always say, "don't sweat the petty stuff, pet the sweaty stuff".

|

6/19/2021 12:50 AM

USA wrote:

Keith McCarty or Kenny Clark?

|

6/19/2021 12:52 AM

davistld01 wrote:

lostboy819 wrote:

Up Wind wrote:

I thought it was Bill Buchka

|

6/19/2021 8:42 AM

There’s been a lot of reported resentment with Keith and Yamaha over the years.

I can’t think of any positive things ex team riders have said in regards to leaving that team. Seems it had more to do with Keith than Yamaha. Just in regards to how strict their regime was and how little wiggle room they had in regards to bike configuration.

|

6/19/2021 2:06 PM

All this dirt digging and yet nobody ever talks about Matthes’ exit from Yamaha. That’s a good story.

|

Part of Speech: Noun

Definition: A loser, poser, lame-ass. One who talks the talk, but could never walk the walk.

One who talks shit and doesn't back it up, but rather ends up eating their shit in return. A fuckin 'tard.

Usage: Slang

6/19/2021 4:20 PM

Ghost of Jabroni wrote:

All this dirt digging and yet nobody ever talks about Matthes’ exit from Yamaha. That’s a good story.

Why don’t you talk about it?

|

6/20/2021 8:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/20/2021 8:35 AM

Always so disappointing to hear about this stuff. I was such a loyal Yamaha guy as a kid. I remember the Bradshaw thing in 93 like it was yesterday. You look at all those guys that left and did better elsewhere — Lechien, RJ, Stanton, Hannah (well, better than 82 anyway), Emig…

|

6/20/2021 8:36 AM

The Sneak wrote:

Always so disappointing to hear about this stuff. I was such a loyal Yamaha guy as a kid. I remember the Bradshaw thing in 93 ...more

Hannah was dominating on the Honda until he broke his wrist.

|

6/20/2021 9:20 AM

Ghost of Jabroni wrote:

Anyone know where we can find the story?

|

6/20/2021 10:21 AM

USA wrote:

The 80's were a long time ago, you guys need to let it go already....

|

6/20/2021 10:44 AM

USA wrote:

evansteinberg wrote:

And, yet, it's still part of the story that caused this most recent Yamaha Race Mgmt "change". Which reminds me: This is the internet. This is a forum. A forum about "all things motocross"; which, earns you a...

STFU, NOOB!

grin

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

6/20/2021 11:10 AM

I think we should make them apologize for something 30+ years ago. Then we should cancel them and call them racist for not updating the 2-stroke line-up.

|

6/20/2021 1:04 PM

Was it Windhams girlfriend not allowed into the team semi ?
Then Windham made a sign saying "No team managers sons allowed in the team semi"

|

6/20/2021 1:13 PM

USA wrote:

evansteinberg wrote:

Kind of like the saddleback race with Howerton and Hannah. Hannah fans can't let it go 40 years later.

|

6/20/2021 1:40 PM

LewDizzle wrote:

I think we should make them apologize for something 30+ years ago. Then we should cancel them and call them racist for not ...more

Man, I hate to break it to you, but Factory Yamaha has already been cancelled.

|

6/20/2021 1:46 PM

LewDizzle wrote:

I think we should make them apologize for something 30+ years ago. Then we should cancel them and call them racist for not ...more

Dirty Points wrote:

By the looks of what Star has done with the YZ 450, it looks like Factory Yamaha cancelled themselves with poor results.

|

6/20/2021 2:12 PM

Did Yamaha not pay their advertising bill? The MX media is worse than CNN.

|

Lover. Fighter. Wild Bull Rider.

6/20/2021 2:14 PM

LewDizzle wrote:

Dirty Points wrote:

1911 wrote:

By the looks of what Star has done with the YZ 450, it looks like Factory Yamaha cancelled themselves with poor results.

Sometimes even a flawed corporate culture takes forever to change.

Right here, in this thread, we can read about one that survived from the '70s all the way until 2020. That's why I get such a laugh outta the youngsters making their silly little unknowing comments.

Relevance seems lost on some folks. grin

But, hey, no worries...it's the Interwebsocialmediadrivel thing.

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!