Holy s*** 2020 kx250

Related:
Create New Tag

7/10/2019 9:17 PM

It sounds like my 2017 on steroids. Wow! I think I’m sold before I hear any test riders say one word 😂

|

7/10/2019 9:19 PM

Did I miss something or are we no longer calling them 250f’s ?

|

shit'll buff out

7/10/2019 9:21 PM

Yeah it sounds like it revs super free, and to the mooooooon. It’s going to be a great bike. And yeah kawi dropped the F last year........sorry 2 stroke guys

|

7/10/2019 9:24 PM

moscrop940 wrote:

Did I miss something or are we no longer calling them 250f’s ?

Yes you missed last year when Kawasaki dropped the F... because we all know they are four strokes, don’t we?

|

Never try to argue with idiots; they will only bring you down to their level.....and being more experienced, they will beat you at their own game!

2016 KX450f
2006 KX250

7/10/2019 9:37 PM

Not sure how you can make any kind of assessment of the bike based on that video alone.

|

7/10/2019 11:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/10/2019 11:40 PM

moscrop940 wrote:

Did I miss something or are we no longer calling them 250f’s ?

bvm111 wrote:

Yes you missed last year when Kawasaki dropped the F... because we all know they are four strokes, don’t we?

A newer Japanese model ya you can drop the "F" cause they don't make 2 strokes. So you can identify by they year if you know when they stopped making the 2 stroke. But the euros make both so the "F" is needed.

Maybe its just a clue that Kawasaki plans to never make a KX 2 stroke again.

|

7/10/2019 11:53 PM

moscrop940 wrote:

Did I miss something or are we no longer calling them 250f’s ?

bvm111 wrote:

Yes you missed last year when Kawasaki dropped the F... because we all know they are four strokes, don’t we?

BMc914 wrote:

A newer Japanese model ya you can drop the "F" cause they don't make 2 strokes. So you can identify by they year if you know when they stopped making the 2 stroke. But the euros make both so the "F" is needed.

Maybe its just a clue that Kawasaki plans to never make a KX 2 stroke again.

Thanks for the explanation champ

|

7/10/2019 11:59 PM

outerlimits wrote:

Not sure how you can make any kind of assessment of the bike based on that video alone.

you can if you are a kawasaki fan

|

Current rides: 2019 CRF450RWE and 2019 TC300
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1000L

7/11/2019 12:06 AM

moscrop940 wrote:

Did I miss something or are we no longer calling them 250f’s ?

bvm111 wrote:

Yes you missed last year when Kawasaki dropped the F... because we all know they are four strokes, don’t we?

damn thats news to me... i'll keep calling em f's though.

|

7/11/2019 12:16 AM

moscrop940 wrote:

Did I miss something or are we no longer calling them 250f’s ?

yes they dropped the F last year,

|

7/11/2019 1:03 AM

From the test is seems the riders liked the motor a lot. 4th brand to go finger follower set up, more cam, bigger bore, shorter stroke and bigger valves for more rev. I guess this is the new 250f trend, just hope this new high RPM trend doesn't start leading to reliability issues even with stock motors now turning 14,000 RPM's plus. Manufactures will always try to out do each other. It's now really becoming a high HP war in the 250f class. As long as the bikes stay reliable its great for everyone. 2020 250 shootout should be interesting!

|

7/11/2019 1:10 AM

Maaan those kyb’s must be amazing! Sffs sucked from 2011 since 2019! Bike is missing the magic button, if i had to choose a bike for racing next year i wouldn’t know what to buy, i’a kawi guy since kx85 but jesus i can’t stand that in 2020 i still need to kick a 6 grand bike! Will wait for 2021, in the meantime i’ll keep kicking my 2015..

|

7/11/2019 1:35 AM

MZ193 wrote:

Maaan those kyb’s must be amazing! Sffs sucked from 2011 since 2019! Bike is missing the magic button, if i had to choose a bike for racing next year i wouldn’t know what to buy, i’a kawi guy since kx85 but jesus i can’t stand that in 2020 i still need to kick a 6 grand bike! Will wait for 2021, in the meantime i’ll keep kicking my 2015..

I'm like you, I'm surprise all the motor changes and no electric start. I'm assuming basically the same cases as last year. The bean counters must of jumped in and said, wait till next year. It will affect some people's decision not having an electric start but if the bike is great, to me it shouldn't

|

7/11/2019 1:40 AM

Got me all sweaty for a two stroke video...

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


7/11/2019 4:20 AM

Sounds like AC should drop that new motor in his bike!

|

7/11/2019 5:59 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/11/2019 6:00 AM

outerlimits wrote:

Not sure how you can make any kind of assessment of the bike based on that video alone.

Listening to how fast and easy the bike revs up as soon as he rolls on the throttle is pretty easy to hear. On paper all the mods they did to the engine is easy to see that’s their goal, and by the video it confirms it. The thing spools up quick, and seems like great throttle response. I always pay attention to stuff like that in videos so it stood out too me, but I’m prab just an engine geek

|

7/11/2019 6:10 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/11/2019 6:10 AM

New two stroke? 😍

|

7/11/2019 6:13 AM

The design changes look really good. They went in a good direction but i wonder how many units theyll sell with everyone knowing the all new bike comes out next year. Feels like a testing year for kawi. But thats a good thing. That motor has been overall the same for a long time with minor tweaks along the way.

|

7/11/2019 6:20 AM

MZ193 wrote:

Maaan those kyb’s must be amazing! Sffs sucked from 2011 since 2019! Bike is missing the magic button, if i had to choose a bike for racing next year i wouldn’t know what to buy, i’a kawi guy since kx85 but jesus i can’t stand that in 2020 i still need to kick a 6 grand bike! Will wait for 2021, in the meantime i’ll keep kicking my 2015..

I think you need to add a 2 to that 6...unless you mean because Kawi always rebates their bikes so they sell?

|

7/11/2019 6:22 AM

kb228 wrote:

The design changes look really good. They went in a good direction but i wonder how many units theyll sell with everyone knowing the all new bike comes out next year. Feels like a testing year for kawi. But thats a good thing. That motor has been overall the same for a long time with minor tweaks along the way.

I bet the bike stays the same minus the addition of e-start

|

7/11/2019 6:28 AM

kb228 wrote:

The design changes look really good. They went in a good direction but i wonder how many units theyll sell with everyone knowing the all new bike comes out next year. Feels like a testing year for kawi. But thats a good thing. That motor has been overall the same for a long time with minor tweaks along the way.

fourfourone wrote:

I bet the bike stays the same minus the addition of e-start

2021 should be the full treatment the 450 got. Would be really unwise to keep it the same

|

7/11/2019 6:34 AM

moscrop940 wrote:

Did I miss something or are we no longer calling them 250f’s ?

bvm111 wrote:

Yes you missed last year when Kawasaki dropped the F... because we all know they are four strokes, don’t we?

FIREfish148 wrote:

damn thats news to me... i'll keep calling em f's though.

Glad to hear I’m not the only one....

|

shit'll buff out

7/11/2019 6:37 AM

kb228 wrote:

The design changes look really good. They went in a good direction but i wonder how many units theyll sell with everyone knowing the all new bike comes out next year. Feels like a testing year for kawi. But thats a good thing. That motor has been overall the same for a long time with minor tweaks along the way.

fourfourone wrote:

I bet the bike stays the same minus the addition of e-start

kb228 wrote:

2021 should be the full treatment the 450 got. Would be really unwise to keep it the same

I agree but why would they have this radical change for only one year and then come out with another different bike.

|

7/11/2019 6:54 AM

MZ193 wrote:

Maaan those kyb’s must be amazing! Sffs sucked from 2011 since 2019! Bike is missing the magic button, if i had to choose a bike for racing next year i wouldn’t know what to buy, i’a kawi guy since kx85 but jesus i can’t stand that in 2020 i still need to kick a 6 grand bike! Will wait for 2021, in the meantime i’ll keep kicking my 2015..

yak651 wrote:

I think you need to add a 2 to that 6...unless you mean because Kawi always rebates their bikes so they sell?

i dont know where do you live
but in italy you can buy imports:
kxf 250 2016 at home is 4700€
kx 250 2018 at home is 5500€
kx 250 2019 at home is 5800€
kx 250 2020 at home is 6400€..
a ktm sxf 250 2019 at home is 7600€..
i’m poor so i’m keeping my 2015 as long as until a kx 250 with e start will come out. sad story.

|

7/11/2019 6:59 AM

Still salty on the dropping the F in the name, we know it's not a real kx250

This alone looks like a great improvement and probably translates to the throttle response.(19 on the left, 2020 on the right)



Actual info > https://www.vitalmx.com/product/guide/Bikes,6/Kawasaki/KX250,16701#product-reviews/919

|

7/11/2019 7:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/11/2019 9:34 AM

I'll just throw my two cents in:



|

If you liked my bike tests from Vital, head to my YouTube channel to see my latest tests and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcgAl-F63686Bfnt44vmrfQ
Instagram: @Michael_Lindsay512

7/11/2019 7:39 AM

ML512 wrote:

I'll just throw my two cents in:



Thank the lord. Not trying to blow you, but nobody does a first impression brake down like you do. After watching the vital one, they are definitely missing you

|

7/11/2019 7:43 AM

MZ193 wrote:

Maaan those kyb’s must be amazing! Sffs sucked from 2011 since 2019! Bike is missing the magic button, if i had to choose a bike for racing next year i wouldn’t know what to buy, i’a kawi guy since kx85 but jesus i can’t stand that in 2020 i still need to kick a 6 grand bike! Will wait for 2021, in the meantime i’ll keep kicking my 2015..

yak651 wrote:

I think you need to add a 2 to that 6...unless you mean because Kawi always rebates their bikes so they sell?

MZ193 wrote:

i dont know where do you live
but in italy you can buy imports:
kxf 250 2016 at home is 4700€
kx 250 2018 at home is 5500€
kx 250 2019 at home is 5800€
kx 250 2020 at home is 6400€..
a ktm sxf 250 2019 at home is 7600€..
i’m poor so i’m keeping my 2015 as long as until a kx 250 with e start will come out. sad story.

US MSRP for 2019
KAWASAKI KX450: $9299
KAWASAKI KX250: $7749
KAWASAKI KX100 (TWO-STROKE): $4599
KAWASAKI KX85 (TWO-STROKE): $4399
KAWASAKI KX65 (TWO-STROKE): $3699
KAWASAKI KLX140G: $3699
KAWASAKI KLX140L: $3399
KAWASAKI KLX140: $3099
KAWASAKI KLX110L: $2499
KAWASAKI KLX110: $2299

|

7/11/2019 7:50 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/11/2019 7:52 AM

ML512 wrote:

I'll just throw my two cents in:



ML, since this new setup kyb Fork has .50 springs in the fork same as the RM-Z250. Same fork same spring rt both 250cc bikes how come this doesn’t get the “oversprung” rating the RMZ does? Frame make up that much of a difference in fork feel?

|

7/11/2019 8:07 AM

ML512 wrote:

I'll just throw my two cents in:



colvin227 wrote:

ML, since this new setup kyb Fork has .50 springs in the fork same as the RM-Z250. Same fork same spring rt both 250cc bikes how come this doesn’t get the “oversprung” rating the RMZ does? Frame make up that much of a difference in fork feel?

I gotta go back and listen to my audio, I could've sworn I used the term over-sprung in there but I just realized it missed the final cut of the video...gotta change that now.

It is slightly over-sprung up front.

|

If you liked my bike tests from Vital, head to my YouTube channel to see my latest tests and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcgAl-F63686Bfnt44vmrfQ
Instagram: @Michael_Lindsay512