Holy hot damn! How can you not love this stuff!!??

Related:
Create New Tag

11/10/2018 8:55 PM

I'm watching some 125 vids tonight , and getting ready to ride tomorrow. Watching this vid , With Mike brown ( a dude that's 47 years old! ) Simply just raping this 125 all over the back of RV. Not only is Mike Brown a complete , and utter badass , but he's a badass on a 125! Every time I hear some vet rider , or C/D rider say " I gotta have a 450F / 250F......just watch a few of these 125 dream race vids , and see what small bikes are capable of , in the right hands. I'm so pissed off at myself for not getting back on these bikes years ago. 30 years of racing and riding , only too rediscover them 2 years ago.If I had known they were this much fun , I would have started back up years ago. And now I'm hooked! Gawd I love these things!


[img]

[/img]
|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

11/10/2018 9:23 PM

This is why I don't believe electric bikes are the future of motocross.
And yeah, Brown is a madman. He won the 125 title 17 years ago at 29 yrs old and he's still wide open.

|

11/10/2018 10:12 PM

Those little bike's (pun intended) have zero problem wicking up Horsepower Hill and beyond. Damn, just damn those dudes are fast.

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

11/10/2018 10:22 PM

ledger wrote:

Those little bike's (pun intended) have zero problem wicking up Horsepower Hill and beyond. Damn, just damn those dudes are fast.

Hey Ledger....wanna hear something cool?

A few months back when we had the big 125 dream race up here , I went and rode the practice day on Saturday , but decided not to race because I hadn't hardly ridden all summer. During practice , I come out of the S-turns , drop into the pit and head into the right hander before the big triple in the middle. All the while during that certain section , I hear someone really fast creeping up behind me. I decided to take the right handed corner before the triple wide , to let by whoever was riding like a madman behind me. He follows me into the same line , pushes me wide , elbow to elbow.....and all I see is a big #3 on the side of his helmet! I got ran wide by Mike Freakin' Brown.......and effing loved it haha!

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

11/11/2018 2:00 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/11/2018 2:03 AM

125’s...the biggest smiles in Motocross.
Who wants a 450 when you can ride a 125..? Crimes were committed the day they robbed pro racing of 125’s. All in my opinion of course..devil

|

"Nothing happens until something moves"

11/11/2018 2:19 AM

I love riding the 125....I like some things about my 450 but I'm much faster on the 125 and its a beat up old 2006 model that cost me $2,200...the 450 cost me 10 k !
I tried to tag onto Dylan Long out at our local track the other week, he was on his yz 250...didnt keep him in sight for very long.
My 125 will be up for the full strip down and rebuild this summer and I might just buy a new one to go with It!

View this post on Instagram

Trying to keep Dylan Long in sight for a couple of corners! Fail

A post shared by Phil Rourke (@philrourke) on

|

2020 YZ450F
2006 YZ125
2013 YZ 250F special edition
2017 YZ 250
2015 YZ 250f soecial edition
2019 KTM 85 big wheel
1979 YZ 250

11/11/2018 2:22 AM

tempura wrote:

125’s...the biggest smiles in Motocross.
Who wants a 450 when you can ride a 125..? Crimes were committed the day they robbed pro racing of 125’s. All in my opinion of course..devil

I share your opinion!
I remember the 125 class at the US nationals being pretty much the premier class...where the super stars were..Jeff Ward , Johnny O Mara, Mark Barnett, Ron Lechien.....

|

2020 YZ450F
2006 YZ125
2013 YZ 250F special edition
2017 YZ 250
2015 YZ 250f soecial edition
2019 KTM 85 big wheel
1979 YZ 250

11/11/2018 2:38 AM

Four strokes suck. They suck for racing and suck for spectating. And they suck for the sport overall. But here we are.

They're literally only better at going fast around around a racetrack, but have stolen the soul of the sport for that benefit.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


11/11/2018 3:22 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/11/2018 3:31 AM

Racing is no longer interesting.... In my opinion
All the magazines are no longer interesting.... In my opinion
Someone needs to start a completely new series, with one set of rules and one person in charge... In my opinion
Tell the manufacturers, either your in or your out. The show will go on with or without you.. Thats just my opinion

|

11/11/2018 3:26 AM

The electric bikes will suck even worse(and that’s why they won’t make it)for spectators with no noise

|

11/11/2018 4:07 AM

Absolutely on the 125s and Mike Brown. They are light, fast and fun. Not to mention, current 125s have as much or more power than the old air cooled 250s.

|

11/11/2018 4:11 AM

Excaliburbmx wrote:

The electric bikes will suck even worse(and that’s why they won’t make it)for spectators with no noise

Ya F1 still sounds a lot like turbo-vacuum cleaners!

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


11/11/2018 4:16 AM

These kind of videos make me wanna buy a cheap YZ 125 as a winter project!

|

11/11/2018 4:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/11/2018 4:25 AM

50yr old 245lb +40A class Harescramble racer here that has ridden 250s since I was 13.... just started riding a yz125 this year and gawddamn am I having a blast on it!!!w00t w00t w00t It has reinvented riding for me, learning how to make this thing go fast, and I piss off all my buddies doing it!! Anyone that says a 125 isn't competitive is an absolute idiot.... in my opinion lol!wink

|

11/11/2018 5:03 AM

Crush wrote:

Four strokes suck. They suck for racing and suck for spectating. And they suck for the sport overall. But here we are.

They're literally only better at going fast around around a racetrack, but have stolen the soul of the sport for that benefit.

The last few words is the best description of MX right now

|

Now a member of the Orange brigade

11/11/2018 5:25 AM

Anyone who hasn't seen this video has to watch this video right now. He stretches it out over a triple @ 5:20

|

11/11/2018 6:02 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/11/2018 6:02 AM

Hmmm should the next bike purchase be a 125??

|

11/11/2018 6:04 AM

Talisker wrote:

Racing is no longer interesting.... In my opinion
All the magazines are no longer interesting.... In my opinion
Someone needs to start a completely new series, with one set of rules and one person in charge... In my opinion
Tell the manufacturers, either your in or your out. The show will go on with or without you.. Thats just my opinion

Either a new championship or new leadership of the current ones who have the stones to allow equivalency for 2 stokes and that would include allowing a team/rider to take a 250/300 2 stroke upto 450cc. When the likes of MX Sports don't allow equal cc then it's clear they are not the ones in charge.

Dorna introduced the CRT class in MotoGP to help reduce costs and break the stranglehold of the manufacturers, in particularly Honda who threatened to leave the championship if restrictions were put on electronics development (ecu, sensors, gps data acquisition etc etc). Well Dorna called Honda's bluff, the CRT class arrived and then replaced with a more cost restricted and controlled electronics championship which has resulted in more manufacturers competing, concessions for smaller/less successful teams and with it a better chance for decent results for more riders.

In motocross however it still seems the big four/five control what is done and what is allowed , TM and other smaller manufacturers aren't even allowed to compete due to archaic homologation rules in AMA Pro motocross. If a team/rider wants to use a 2 stroke then let them tune/bore that thing upto 450cc - greater choice for riders and better racing for the fans.

|

11/11/2018 6:11 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/11/2018 6:12 AM

Having a 250 of each stroke and loving them both, I still miss my old ‘03 rm125. There is just nothing like riding a FUN-two-five! A small bore screamer is next on my list!

|

2011 Yamaha YZ 250 -MX
1996 Yamaha Banshee 350 -Trails
1982 Chevy S10
2005 Pontiac GTO -451rwhp

11/11/2018 6:38 AM

This is Killer

Branden Jesseman

|

I was G before the "moto drive" to Vital

11/11/2018 6:41 AM

I Like 2 stroke and 4 stroke personally
I think they should have both race on the same day
But Not Ever together. Have a separate class for each
The 125 Drean race is a step in the right Direction and at least let's us know that it's on the mind of the powers that be , I hope the Next step is a 125 points series added to all the nationals , with no age limit. I like that it brings out ex pro's

|

11/11/2018 6:56 AM

How can you guys claim that 4 strokes take the fun out of dirt bikes? I have a blast every time I ride, no matter what bike I am on. I think you are just bitching to bitch. I loved my 125, but it was a hell of a lot more maintenance than my 450...and I did not go nearly as fast on it. Two strokes are great, but I do not think they are total answer to “save” the sport. My 300 is an incredible bike, one of the most versatile bikes ever made...But two strokes are no longer cheap. Unless, of course, you buy used...which does not help the sport.

Flame away.

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

11/11/2018 7:06 AM

BobPA wrote:

How can you guys claim that 4 strokes take the fun out of dirt bikes? I have a blast every time I ride, no matter what bike I am on. I think you are just bitching to bitch. I loved my 125, but it was a hell of a lot more maintenance than my 450...and I did not go nearly as fast on it. Two strokes are great, but I do not think they are total answer to “save” the sport. My 300 is an incredible bike, one of the most versatile bikes ever made...But two strokes are no longer cheap. Unless, of course, you buy used...which does not help the sport.

Flame away.

Racing is better on 2 strokes. Harder to ride, narrower peakier power delivery, gear selection more critical, more wheel spin, more mistakes, less consistency all equals more passes, lowers the ultimate ceiling which creates closer and more battling.

They are cheaper... 6500 for a yz125 vs 9300 for a crf450.... 3k can fund the entire season of riding alone...

Lots more to say but its all already been said over and over.

|

11/11/2018 7:08 AM

I am trying to decide between going to Florida for 3 weeks (Riding mx) or to buy a Yz125 and ride the crap out of it devil

|

11/11/2018 7:36 AM

I bought an '18 150sx after having a '17 450sxf and the 150 has brought back my passion for riding. The challenge of riding it, the sound, the C12 smell, it's magical. The bike is so light and most importantly, it makes you feel fast while you are riding at a safer reasonable speed. For those of us who have to be at work on Monday and not laid up in traction from hucking a 100ft gap on a 450, these small bikes make riding more fun. There was a reason the 125cc class was an over night success way back when. To think generations may never experience the small bore two strokes is sad. I'm glad to see people come back to riding the 125's and I will gladly support the manufacturers who continue to develop them.

|

11/11/2018 7:36 AM

I am tired from just watching. Those things sound like they make a person have to work. I guess that is the luxury of the four strokes, The torque.

|

11/11/2018 7:49 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/11/2018 7:49 AM

Yup my next bike is a 125. Miss the twostroke feeling so much. Stepped straight to 250F from 85 and have been on fourstrokes ever since and since i don't race anymore it doesn't matter if I'm slightly faster on the fourstroke.

|

11/11/2018 7:52 AM

Motofinne wrote:

These kind of videos make me wanna buy a cheap YZ 125 as a winter project!

Jorge is such a little aggressive badass! I could watch his helmet cam's all day!

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

11/11/2018 8:12 AM

Lynch wrote:

I am trying to decide between going to Florida for 3 weeks (Riding mx) or to buy a Yz125 and ride the crap out of it devil

What are/where you going to do in Florida?

|

11/11/2018 8:22 AM

DynoDan22 wrote:

I bought an '18 150sx after having a '17 450sxf and the 150 has brought back my passion for riding. The challenge of riding it, the sound, the C12 smell, it's magical. The bike is so light and most importantly, it makes you feel fast while you are riding at a safer reasonable speed. For those of us who have to be at work on Monday and not laid up in traction from hucking a 100ft gap on a 450, these small bikes make riding more fun. There was a reason the 125cc class was an over night success way back when. To think generations may never experience the small bore two strokes is sad. I'm glad to see people come back to riding the 125's and I will gladly support the manufacturers who continue to develop them.

Well put , living through the early 90's
Racing the 125C class was so sweet
An experience i wish all Teenage boys
That do have the interest could experience,
I remember there being 3 full C classes
And depending when you signed up they would just fill them up in order of when you signed up so if you got there early you would be in C #1 IF got there late you would be in
C#3 i remember purposely signing up late because i thought the people that got there earlier would be more responsible and faster lol , it probably was true
But anyway fantastic times , the comradery the friendships
The battles, the bbq's the camping , there can be so much to motocross that the general public doesn't know

|