Holy Torque!

Related:
Create New Tag

11/28/2020 2:50 PM

|

"Life is Too Short To Last Long"

11/28/2020 2:56 PM

Wow! That could have been so much worse. Happy it wasn't . heal up and Thanks for the GOPRO info.

|

11/28/2020 3:02 PM

Damn!!

|

11/28/2020 3:17 PM

I said that right away, no gears so whiskey can go full speed 70.. those bikes are very fast.

|

11/29/2020 5:08 AM

Holy moly that was gnarly. I was wondering what bike he was on, so it was an alta. Damn, I hope he heals up quick and that also sucks for the guy he ran into!

|

Holeshot Coffee Co.
Each bag sold donates $1 to Road2Recovery

11/29/2020 7:46 AM

Taking the T-bone to the next level

|

11/29/2020 8:07 AM

What a brutal hit, hope they are both not too seriously injured.

|

Mantis Toboggan, M.D

11/29/2020 8:14 AM

Jesus!!!

|

scte3.0 pro-line trinity tekin

11/29/2020 8:29 AM

These E-bikes are an out of control danger on the track. Ban E-bikes in Motocross now !!!!

|

Powerband in every gear !

11/29/2020 9:04 AM

Wow. That dude got next level punted over that berm. Hope everyone heals up quickly.

|

11/29/2020 9:22 AM

I gotta think a talented rider like Ronnie would’ve instinctually pulled the clutch if that were an ICE bike. Nevertheless, I’m glad they’re relatively OK.

|

11/29/2020 9:56 AM

Mike Alessi just took his shirt off!

|

11/29/2020 10:04 AM

Yep, let’s make the sport even more dangerous by allowing electric whiz bikes with no transmission and unlimited torque race against ICE bikes. Come on guys, let’s stop this before it gets out of control. pinch dizzy

|

11/29/2020 10:22 AM

Those things are slower than any 350 or 450 just to give you some perspective. But they are awesome, I'd love to have one myself.

|

11/29/2020 10:26 AM

He said in the post 'no concussion' but the gopro video where he is completely KO'd tells a different story, no?

|

11/29/2020 10:28 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/29/2020 10:28 AM

Zachintosh wrote:

I gotta think a talented rider like Ronnie would’ve instinctually pulled the clutch if that were an ICE bike. Nevertheless, I’m glad they’re relatively OK.

But that "instinct" is just developed over years of riding ICE bikes prone to whiskey-throttle due to really peaky torque curves. That's just an apples and oranges thing.

|

11/29/2020 10:45 AM

Nice half assed apology and shameless sponsor plug all at the same time. The rider he hit didn't get off the hook as easily as he did.

|

11/29/2020 2:01 PM

I have raced nitro (2 stroke) 1/8 rc cars for over 15 years. A few years back ebuggies and later etruggies came on the scene with Lipo batteries and brushless motors. The buggies can be a menace to turn Marshalls and spectators due to instant torque. Truggies are even worse because the tires are twice as wide so they can lay down even more power and accelerate harder.

E bikes may be a giant can of worms we don’t really want to open. I assume they have way more torque than a 450 at low rpm. Imagine a 500 smoker when it hits and that is available anytime you crack the throttle.

|

11/29/2020 2:05 PM

PULL IN THE CLUTCH!!!!

Oh wait...

|

11/29/2020 2:07 PM

Punk ass take out but will financially benefit from it in "clicks". No thanks

|

11/29/2020 3:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/29/2020 3:49 PM

wrc777 wrote:

I have raced nitro (2 stroke) 1/8 rc cars for over 15 years. A few years back ebuggies and later etruggies came on the scene with Lipo batteries and brushless motors. The buggies can be a menace to turn Marshalls and spectators due to instant torque. Truggies are even worse because the tires are twice as wide so they can lay down even more power and accelerate harder.

E bikes may be a giant can of worms we don’t really want to open. I assume they have way more torque than a 450 at low rpm. Imagine a 500 smoker when it hits and that is available anytime you crack the throttle.

A huge portion of the Alta's investment was in developing the power maps for rideability. The torque curve is computer controlled based on tons of tester input.

This is actually one of electric technology's biggest advantages. They can build a newbie power curve that delivers no more hit than a PW50 on the same bike that hits harder than a 500 if they want.

|

11/29/2020 3:20 PM

stiksandstones wrote:

He said in the post 'no concussion' but the gopro video where he is completely KO'd tells a different story, no?

Just seemed like the perfect time for a lil nap!

|

11/29/2020 4:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/29/2020 4:38 PM

GforceCoatings wrote:

Punk ass take out but will financially benefit from it in "clicks". No thanks

|

11/29/2020 4:23 PM

Zachintosh wrote:

I gotta think a talented rider like Ronnie would’ve instinctually pulled the clutch if that were an ICE bike. Nevertheless, I’m glad they’re relatively OK.

Yeah he’s pretty bummed about how it happened because he thinks if he was on his 450 he would have probably not caused it. He thinks his throttle might have actually twisted when he landed in a hole off the jump. The original owner of the bike had twisted the head off the screws holding the the throttle housing together. Unfortunate incident for all involved. And unfortunately learned the hard way that the Alta is not a race bike.

|

11/29/2020 4:25 PM

DB97 wrote:

I said that right away, no gears so whiskey can go full speed 70.. those bikes are very fast.

Yep not a bike for amateur riders 🤣

|

11/29/2020 4:26 PM

Dirty Points wrote:

A huge portion of the Alta's investment was in developing the power maps for rideability. The torque curve is computer controlled based on tons of tester input.

This is actually one of electric technology's biggest advantages. They can build a newbie power curve that delivers no more hit than a PW50 on the same bike that hits harder than a 500 if they want.

Apparently this one was set to "instant CR500" and not "PW50" ?

|

Powerband in every gear !

11/29/2020 4:26 PM

Zachintosh wrote:

I gotta think a talented rider like Ronnie would’ve instinctually pulled the clutch if that were an ICE bike. Nevertheless, I’m glad they’re relatively OK.

Renner153 wrote:

Yeah he’s pretty bummed about how it happened because he thinks if he was on his 450 he would have probably not caused it. He thinks his throttle might have actually twisted when he landed in a hole off the jump. The original owner of the bike had twisted the head off the screws holding the the throttle housing together. Unfortunate incident for all involved. And unfortunately learned the hard way that the Alta is not a race bike.

The Alta is an amazing bike. Rider error.

|

11/29/2020 4:32 PM

racerx217 wrote:

Nice half assed apology and shameless sponsor plug all at the same time. The rider he hit didn't get off the hook as easily as he did.

Kinda what I thought. Pretty tasteless when the rider he gooned into has two broken wrists, had surgery, and a handful of other injuries.

|

Washed up moto and enduro weekend warrior.

11/29/2020 7:41 PM

Zachintosh wrote:

I gotta think a talented rider like Ronnie would’ve instinctually pulled the clutch if that were an ICE bike. Nevertheless, I’m glad they’re relatively OK.

Renner153 wrote:

Yeah he’s pretty bummed about how it happened because he thinks if he was on his 450 he would have probably not caused it. He thinks his throttle might have actually twisted when he landed in a hole off the jump. The original owner of the bike had twisted the head off the screws holding the the throttle housing together. Unfortunate incident for all involved. And unfortunately learned the hard way that the Alta is not a race bike.

How was the throttle prepared for racing, on this non-race-bike?

|