Holy Sh*t - Not even a full gate for 250's

Related:
Create New Tag

5/18/2017 7:15 PM

Well maybe the Great Outdoors are slowly dying. The entry list for the 250 class only shows 39 entries and now with Smith out there will be 38. Unreal to not even have a full gate at the first round of the year. Is it the cost and expense for the privateers or maybe a slow death for the Outdoors. The 450 class only has 49. I know entries usually pick up as the series moves East but this is ridiculous.

|

5/18/2017 7:17 PM

Maybe everybody has not recovered from Supercross yet?

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

5/18/2017 7:22 PM

Calling Ronnie Ford

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

5/18/2017 7:30 PM

Can't imagine a lot of privateers have the dough to rebuild a 250F engine every damn week or two, in addition to the expense of building it in the first place.

|

5/18/2017 7:38 PM

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

5/18/2017 7:40 PM

I wonder if the riders will ever indirectly see any of the $50 dollars a lot of us will be paying for NBC Gooolllld.

Photo

|

5/18/2017 7:44 PM

I'm sure they will fill out some entrys at the event, but yes......with a dying feeder system and a 250f engine being outside of most privateer budgets...it's getting tough.

|

Did i do that?

5/18/2017 7:46 PM

There's only so many people that can afford to run F1

|

5/18/2017 7:51 PM

Underground wrote:

MX is one of the cheapest motorsports there is....

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

5/18/2017 7:54 PM

I paid fiddy for a FULL gate ...

|

5/18/2017 8:00 PM

Put some real money in the sport for the whole gate, you would get a full gate.

|

5/18/2017 8:02 PM

Underground wrote:

BobPA wrote:

Not anymore. At least not at National level

|

5/18/2017 8:03 PM

Underground wrote:

BobPA wrote:

Underground wrote:

What's cheaper?

|

5/18/2017 8:05 PM

But wait I thought the sport "was growing"

|

5/18/2017 8:08 PM

I think "slow death for the outdoors" is a bit much; almost half the field is crap anyway. Thirty bikes at the gate is plenty.

On the other hand, if real motocross dies (in deference to Supercross, speaking of crap), then American motocross will have gotten everything it asked for (and deserves).

|

F1. MotoGP. MXGP. Screw the rest.

5/18/2017 8:09 PM

BobPA wrote:

Underground wrote:

Johnny Ringo wrote:

What's cheaper?

I'll lead out with Kart racing. Then there would be the various forms of 4 wheels on dirt that are still at less popular levels. How much do you think it costs to run a team for a year?

|

5/18/2017 8:29 PM

So who's in the 125 race with a homologated model and a pro license?

|

5/18/2017 8:31 PM

Underground wrote:

Johnny Ringo wrote:

What's cheaper?

Underground wrote:

I'll lead out with Kart racing. Then there would be the various forms of 4 wheels on dirt that are still at less popular levels. How much do you think it costs to run a team for a year?

Kart racing at a national level?

|

5/18/2017 9:19 PM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

What's cheaper?

Underground wrote:

Johnny Ringo wrote:

You have no idea. Evident by you riding a kids bike with an open face helmet and no peak or half mask

|

5/18/2017 9:32 PM

Underground wrote:

Johnny Ringo wrote:

Underground wrote:

You have no idea. Evident by you riding a kids bike with an open face helmet and no peak or half mask

What's your point dude?

|

5/18/2017 9:41 PM

Underground wrote:

You going to actually inform us here, or just beat around the Busch and put people down who calling you out on your accusations

|

5/18/2017 10:29 PM

neysbo wrote:

Well maybe the Great Outdoors are slowly dying. The entry list for the 250 class only shows 39 entries and now with Smith out there will be 38. Unreal to not even have a full gate at the first round of the year. Is it the cost and expense for the privateers or maybe a slow death for the Outdoors. The 450 class only has 49. I know entries usually pick up as the series moves East but this is ridiculous.

Wow.. Last century when I raced the nationals there were over 100 riders per class. Had to have qualifiers that would fill the forward falling bent up gate. Great for a nice jump on the comp.

|

5/19/2017 12:56 AM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

Underground wrote:

GreaseMeter wrote:

You going to actually inform us here, or just beat around the Busch and put people down who calling you out on your accusations

You don't know what Kart racing is?

|

5/19/2017 1:10 AM

Underground wrote:

Johnny Ringo wrote:

What's cheaper?

Underground wrote:

Sorry, Kart racing at the same level is not cheaper.

|

www.90smotocross.com

Instagram - @90sMotocross
Facebook - 90s Motocross

5/19/2017 1:30 AM

The gate's full at the Chicken Little Nationals. wink

|

5/19/2017 1:35 AM

Yeah but Chicken Licks probably has a purse payout...

As long as this sport stays all risk no reward for anyone outside a factory team, only the die hards will line up. In Europe that crowd left the building about 10 years ago and it seems the same is now happening in the US.

|

*Anyone but Reed or Webb Crew*

5/19/2017 2:53 AM

Is Stankdog in for the nationals?

|

5/19/2017 2:56 AM

Fearo wrote:

Yeah but Chicken Licks probably has a purse payout...

As long as this sport stays all risk no reward for anyone outside a factory team, only the die hards will line up. In Europe that crowd left the building about 10 years ago and it seems the same is now happening in the US.

Entry list for MXGP of Germany this weekend-

I'm not sure they got the memo about leaving the building...

Honda 150 Cup- 29 entries
EMX 300- 48 entries
MX2- 40
MXGP- 40

|

5/19/2017 3:16 AM

Underground wrote:

Kart racing my ass, maybe a spec engine series...those boys drop some incredibly serious coin.

You have to be joking about dirt track cars. That is the silliest argument I have ever heard. You are awarded no points.

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

5/19/2017 4:22 AM

Just some more food for thought.

By my count there are like 95 Pro riders with a single or 2 digit number.

At Hangtown there are only 33 riders total between both classes with a single or 2 digit number.

Granted there are several out with injuries but it is that way every year at Hangtown due to Supercross taking it's toll.

I have faith things will pick up when the series heads East.

|