Hobo Nick missing! Please help last seen hwy 62 CA

yamahuh
9/18/2012 2:31pm
I just read all the traffic on this and find it inspiring someone is taking time-out of life to search for themselves relying on faith to steer them in the right direction.

I'll probably get lit up for this and I'm not defending any of the previous posts but I think reading the title you can jump to the wrong conclusion and form an opinion before you know the details. I know I did and my ininial impression was changed after learning.

I wish Nick continued safety on his journey wherever it make take him.
kongols
9/18/2012 2:37pm Edited Date/Time 9/18/2012 2:37pm
Is dennis actually devin?
Mr. Ted
Fantasy
1673rd
9/18/2012 2:38pm
I started reading Nick's blog and I think it is a great story. Hope his travels find him well.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
9/18/2012 2:53pm
dennis90 wrote:
Alot of people will see his journey as pointless. Ask yourself what did forest gump get out of his journey? I'm not knocking the guy but...
Alot of people will see his journey as pointless. Ask yourself what did forest gump get out of his journey? I'm not knocking the guy but others are doing the same each day. For instances, Mormons are swarming neighborhoods all over America knocking on doors and spreading the word. That is alot of biking, walking and rejection. I think that is much more difficult than just walking across America. The mormons are getting rejected and heckled but at least they have a message for the public. And I have a issue with companies like TLD and HH decking this guy out with clothes. Can someone post this purpose?
I don't know what Forrest Gump got out of his journey. Of course, Forrest was a fictional character, and Nick is real.

Please don't make me explain the difference.

The Shop

burnside
9/18/2012 2:55pm
I've been keeping tabs on this guys adventure too. Plotting a solo nomad mission of my own, riding to SE Asia from London this Autumn on an XT600.
Matthes
9/18/2012 2:56pm Edited Date/Time 9/18/2012 2:58pm
dennis90 wrote:
Alot of people will see his journey as pointless. Ask yourself what did forest gump get out of his journey? I'm not knocking the guy but...
Alot of people will see his journey as pointless. Ask yourself what did forest gump get out of his journey? I'm not knocking the guy but others are doing the same each day. For instances, Mormons are swarming neighborhoods all over America knocking on doors and spreading the word. That is alot of biking, walking and rejection. I think that is much more difficult than just walking across America. The mormons are getting rejected and heckled but at least they have a message for the public. And I have a issue with companies like TLD and HH decking this guy out with clothes. Can someone post this purpose?
GuyB wrote:
I don't know what Forrest Gump got out of his journey. Of course, Forrest was a fictional character, and Nick is real. Please don't make me...
I don't know what Forrest Gump got out of his journey. Of course, Forrest was a fictional character, and Nick is real.

Please don't make me explain the difference.
Hey crap is this Dennis90 guy a huge douche.

Wow.

We've had Nick on the Pulpmx show here and there, I think his trip is cool and I don't really care why he's doing it or whatever. It's his life, he wants to and that's enough for me.

My wife and I drove down to Kingman to go see him last week or so and here's a podcast with him.

http://www.pulpmx.com/podcasts/pulpmx-pulpcast-hobo-nick
ocscottie
9/18/2012 3:03pm Edited Date/Time 9/18/2012 3:03pm
peelout wrote:
Sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought an idiot than open it and remove all doubt.
Werd!! Huh

...and yes Matthes, your assumption is correct.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
9/18/2012 3:06pm
Matthes wrote:
Hey crap is this Dennis90 guy a huge douche. Wow. We've had Nick on the Pulpmx show here and there, I think his trip is cool...

Wow.

We've had Nick on the Pulpmx show here and there, I think his trip is cool and I don't really care why he's doing it or whatever. It's his life, he wants to and that's enough for me.

My wife and I drove down to Kingman to go see him last week or so and here's a podcast with him.

Having driven along the stretch of I-40 that he's walking in his most recent entries I know that's a hell of a long drive. Then I think of guys like Button, who have ridden cross-country, and think that's an even longer ride. Walking? I can't even imagine.
TeamGreen
9/18/2012 3:09pm
It's gettin' to be "Click-Time"...
peelout
9/18/2012 3:15pm Edited Date/Time 9/18/2012 3:29pm
Matthes wrote:
Hey crap is this Dennis90 guy a huge douche. Wow. We've had Nick on the Pulpmx show here and there, I think his trip is cool...

Wow.

just listened, that was awesome.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4133rd
9/18/2012 3:19pm
peelout wrote:
Sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought an idiot than open it and remove all doubt.
ocscottie wrote:
Werd!! Huh

...and yes Matthes, your assumption is correct.
Dennis is rolling about 100% on gutter balls in his short happy life so far here.
JJO741
Fantasy
3012th
9/18/2012 3:19pm
TeamGreen wrote:
I don't think he needs to be clicked. Yes, he is a dick and has a very cynical view of the world he lives in, but it his opinion and he is not being hostile about it. He merely stating his opinion. Then again maybe he has posted here before differently? Idk but I don't think he needs to be clicked for his statements in this thread.

BTW, glad to hear Nick is ok and doing well.
TeamGreen
9/18/2012 3:30pm
TeamGreen wrote:
JJO741 wrote:
I don't think he needs to be clicked. Yes, he is a dick and has a very cynical view of the world he lives in, but...
I don't think he needs to be clicked. Yes, he is a dick and has a very cynical view of the world he lives in, but it his opinion and he is not being hostile about it. He merely stating his opinion. Then again maybe he has posted here before differently? Idk but I don't think he needs to be clicked for his statements in this thread.

BTW, glad to hear Nick is ok and doing well.
I'm thinking that his batting average and likely "alias" issues might catch up w/ him soon...

That's all.
Boarddesign
Fantasy
1860th
9/18/2012 3:32pm
peelout wrote:
I don't get it... Dennis is just stating his opinion, it wasn't hatefull or anything out of the spectrum of decency.

I think what he's doing is interesting.

Let's get it back on track... Fu(k Europe, ride a two stroke, James is a quitter.....
peelout
9/18/2012 4:00pm
peelout wrote:
I don't get it... Dennis is just stating his opinion, it wasn't hatefull or anything out of the spectrum of decency. I think what he's doing...
I don't get it... Dennis is just stating his opinion, it wasn't hatefull or anything out of the spectrum of decency.

Let's get it back on track... Fu(k Europe, ride a two stroke, James is a quitter.....
did you read his third comment in here?

it went from an opinion to being a dick about it.
Braaap14
9/18/2012 4:03pm
so hobo nick has been found and is well? i

sorry... i'm not reading back into this thread at this point.........
peelout
9/18/2012 4:07pm
Braaap14 wrote:
so hobo nick has been found and is well? i

sorry... i'm not reading back into this thread at this point.........
yep, he is saying he should be to his destination on the 29th
Sandberm
9/18/2012 4:15pm
I'm pretty exited to be reading his blogWink

I think Im on day 11 already...the suspense builds...will his optimism and good feelings toward his fellow man continue? Or will our hero run into some mean people finally?
Braaap14
9/18/2012 4:20pm
regardless if he finds himself , gains whatever he was looking for or set out to prove. dude has cajones to take a step like this in life. literally Smile
Boarddesign
Fantasy
1860th
9/18/2012 4:49pm
peelout wrote:
I don't get it... Dennis is just stating his opinion, it wasn't hatefull or anything out of the spectrum of decency. I think what he's doing...

peelout wrote:
did you read his third comment in here?

it went from an opinion to being a dick about it.
I gues in the context that Nick is dead in the basement of some long-haul truckers hideout... then maybe.. otherwise it's just his opinion or as he stated "I feel" (feelings not opinion).
motoxxx599
Fantasy
1009th
9/18/2012 7:23pm
peelout wrote:

Dont forget to mention JLAW and bears
dennis90
9/18/2012 7:46pm
Nick has some neat photos...photos he can cherish for a life time...and pictures of folks he can reflect on...nice story for his kids one day...but they too will ask why..

I watched a youtube video of him with a pastor and he sounds lost...I almost want to believe he is mentally ill...not crazy eyed...but possibly depressed. Maybe alittle Prozac can give him a lift. Did any of his friends try to get him some mental health or did he just jolt off in a stubborn way?

Does anyone know what evil act "mankind" did to him to snap and walk?
dennis90
9/18/2012 7:52pm
Matthes wrote:

Wow.

GuyB wrote:
Having driven along the stretch of I-40 that he's walking in his most recent entries I know that's a hell of a long drive. Then I...
Having driven along the stretch of I-40 that he's walking in his most recent entries I know that's a hell of a long drive. Then I think of guys like Button, who have ridden cross-country, and think that's an even longer ride. Walking? I can't even imagine.
Can you imagine walking the opposite direction in Summer...then stumble across the mighty colorado river...heaven

yeah its a looooooong strectch i thought he would have dided
Hando
9/18/2012 7:55pm
dennis90 wrote:
Nick has some neat photos...photos he can cherish for a life time...and pictures of folks he can reflect on...nice story for his kids one day...but they...
Nick has some neat photos...photos he can cherish for a life time...and pictures of folks he can reflect on...nice story for his kids one day...but they too will ask why..

I watched a youtube video of him with a pastor and he sounds lost...I almost want to believe he is mentally ill...not crazy eyed...but possibly depressed. Maybe alittle Prozac can give him a lift. Did any of his friends try to get him some mental health or did he just jolt off in a stubborn way?

Does anyone know what evil act "mankind" did to him to snap and walk?
damn, you just won't give up huh..

Alot of people go through life aimlessly and not everyone wants to be part of the 'system' so to speak..aka a house, 2.5 kids and a white picket fence

he's also stated he can get a job easily as he is an electrician and im sure he knows plenty of people.

He doesn't have a family and he is a grown ass man. I could see you taking cheap shots at him if he had a family to support and he walked out.

Are you mad that he is actually 'free' ?
GHR
9/18/2012 10:25pm
jeffro503 wrote:
I take it Gene Houston is GHR? If so.....that is pretty damn awesome right there! Great job GHR!
Yea- Ive blown my cover...it was me. Crazy ass day to say the very least.

I got a crazy FB message from Nick in June that he felt something big was gonna happen when he reached Calif. He said he didnt know what it was but felt it would be big. I have never met Hobo in person until yesterday but we been talking a ton about stuff Via FB and Email for well over 100 days now. In that message he also asked me to be out there at or around the time he hit Calif.... I originally started following him when RV posted about him then I read the blog and was just taken in by this story for some reason. Now I know why:

Im not gonna get into a big God rant here but I do believe in a creator and after what happened yesterday in finding him and what happened during that process of finding him I can tell you it was not random and not by science or evoloution or any of that crap.

I never told anyone about that crazy message he sent me in June until his mom posted he was MISSING!! To be honest I really freaked out when he posted the same wierd message from that dude in the Black car with the Tatts. Then I was really trippin when he turned up MIA for so long....and being gone 5 days has never happened every with no communications with friends or family before according to HOBO mom and his friends and Daniel Blair too.

So I left my home at 4am in Laguna Beach and was like Eff it im going out there cuz something is not adding up. His mom was pretty upset and so on behalf of the family I took it upon my self (at her request) to call all area hospitals and that whole deal. I heard the cell coverage out there was hit or miss so I hoped that was it but felt strongly I needed to get my ass out there.

I blew up twitter asking some big name Moto guys to tweet it out for locals to help but time was ticking and moms was freakin a bit.

I got to 29 Palms when the sun came up and I felt I was probably too early but wanted to make it all the way out to the last known sighting which was around the Rice Road cut off out off the 62, total BFE. Then if I didnt see him on the way there I would back track which should give him time to start walking from where ever he was camping if I missed him heading East.
I also wanted to check the Cell / internet coverage. By now I had his whole family and a ton of random friends and close friends blowing my phone up every few min.

So I made it to Rice road and nothing. Then I decided to call Matthes wife Pookie (i have no idea why she is called that but I dont know her real name, she said it on the phone but I didnt remember) I wanted to tell her some of the stuff I knew as she seemed to be closley following him alot too and cared about his safety. Neither of us could make sense of being gone for 5 days and not at least pulling a car over and asking them to up date everyone. (after I found him I found out he did do that and some dumb ass didnt relay the message to Hobo Mom- dudes name is probably Obama or something but thats another story.

Anyway I found out why I was supposed to be there at that time and for that reason. 5 min in to heading back west I came around a corner and saw a ONE SUV MAJOR CAR WRECK!!!!. NO other cars involved, just this Creme colored Benz SUV that had lost control and rolled many many times. I freaked. Im shitty at CPR stuff but kind of know enough about bad injuries from all the years in moto. So It was a very young girl and she was in shock. I will post pics but there were more air bags that went off on that accident that she was very lucky - I feel any other normal car and she would be done and I would be more in a life saving situation. She had some blood here and there and as she came down from her shock she started moving a bit more and long story short - Holding her hand and calming her down was really all I did. And pray of course. Another dude was pulled up on the scene that also happend to be a Fireman Paramedic on his off hours and he blew up 29 Palms dispatch for help and did all the critical vital sign checks with her and we called her boyfriend and dad to let them know. She claims something jumped out in front of her but unless there is magical Leaping Scorpions out there the size of a ChupaCabra im not sure about that one....the way she looked more like she fell asleep at the wheel from a very long night. She was pretty exhausted looking in her eyes.

Anyway as all was settling down I forgot why I was out there and then it came back to me so I just in passing to the fireman dude "hey many any chance you see a Hobo dude pushing a Solar powered baby stroller?" His Eyes lit up and he told me "yea!! I see him every day!!! I drive this streach each day and hes like 10 miles that way!!" and he pointed to 29 Palms.

I was trippin so as I was haulin ass towards HOBO I got a good spot on cell and called Hobo Mom and she about freaked out happy. It was a VERY emotional moment. I tried to keep her on the phone as I was driving but I lost her around the next bend.

Then I shit you not it was like Dumb and Dumber movie on a long ass streach of nothing road he was in the middle and I was all Ace Ventura Pet Dick with my head out the window at 80 honking and crap as I pulled up on him. I jumped out and told him who I was and we hugged like grown men fag weirdos on the hwy. I dont know what to say other than when I got him mom on the phone with him it was a real moment.

That my friends was all not coinsidence and what ever you believe I think something else is going on in life.
I will be hosting a huge Pacific Ocean Finish line BBQ in Huntington Beach on Sep 29th and would love all of you to come. Lets blow it up and lets all get involved in something positive and real and make some new friends. In a place that is so damn negative and yes I fall into it too Im no saint, this is a good thing for all of us.

Thanks for listening to my story
There is ALOT more but I want to go bang my wife now she leaves for a week so time is ticking tonight.
Gene Houston
Laguna Beach Ca
GHR
9/18/2012 10:49pm
The single vehicle car wreck I pulled up to on a totally desolate streach of the 62 in BFE.

GHR
9/18/2012 10:52pm
19 year old (my guess) driver lost control and was shaking when I found her. It took her a good 60 seconds to even start to assemble words as I told her she is ok and all will be ok. Yes for the Vitard freaks out there she was hot. :/ There I said it.

GHR
9/18/2012 10:55pm
The haul ass road to find Hobo after the fireman dude said he was "that way"

GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
9/18/2012 10:57pm
Great story, Gene. Thanks for posting.
GHR
9/18/2012 10:57pm
The Groceries I gave him after I BROmanced him on the side of the road.

Post a reply to: Hobo Nick missing! Please help last seen hwy 62 CA

The Latest