Hmmmm, not sure if this is true or not but does Herlings have broken ribs too?

Ed Dole
Edited Date/Time 6/27/2018 5:41am
Seems like the details are a little sketchy but Dirt Bike Rider is saying that Herlings may have more injuries than just his shoulder. What do you reckon? True or horsesh@t? A 10th world title for Cairoli is looking more and more possible...

https://www.dirtbikerider.com/news/motocross/mxgp/jeffrey-herlings-inju…
|
captmoto
6/21/2018 8:21am
It's certainly possible when you think about the mechanics of breaking a collar bone. Maybe he hit hard on the ground catching his elbow against his ribs. I did that 6 months ago. I didn't break ribs but was sore as hell and still feel it sometimes laying on that side.
Bramlett321
6/21/2018 8:26am
I think it's very likely he sustained more than their camp is revealing. Per JT$, his peoples are being tight lipped about the situation.
GregDVT
6/21/2018 8:38am
I don’t think herlings will let some broken ribs keep him from racing. He is a TOUGH guy and craves this title. The collarbone and any should muscle injuries will be what would keep him out
RCF
6/21/2018 8:48am
GregDVT wrote:
I don’t think herlings will let some broken ribs keep him from racing. He is a TOUGH guy and craves this title. The collarbone and any...
I don’t think herlings will let some broken ribs keep him from racing. He is a TOUGH guy and craves this title. The collarbone and any should muscle injuries will be what would keep him out
I'm guessing you never broke ribs before, it would take some really good drugs to ride true that pain.

The Shop

Crush
6/21/2018 9:15am
What were his results like coming back from the broken collarbone in 250s when he was trying to save the title?
6/21/2018 9:18am
I think it's very likely he sustained more than their camp is revealing. Per JT$, his peoples are being tight lipped about the situation.
Why do they do that, it will all become apparent when he starts practice- qualifying, let alone when he's actually racing.
I'm hoping the championship goes down to the last Moto of the last race.
6/21/2018 9:21am
GregDVT wrote:
I don’t think herlings will let some broken ribs keep him from racing. He is a TOUGH guy and craves this title. The collarbone and any...
RCF wrote:
I'm guessing you never broke ribs before, it would take some really good drugs to ride true that pain.
This
jeffro503
6/21/2018 9:21am
captmoto wrote:
It's certainly possible when you think about the mechanics of breaking a collar bone. Maybe he hit hard on the ground catching his elbow against his...
It's certainly possible when you think about the mechanics of breaking a collar bone. Maybe he hit hard on the ground catching his elbow against his ribs. I did that 6 months ago. I didn't break ribs but was sore as hell and still feel it sometimes laying on that side.
I did that exact same thing about 2-1/2 years ago as well. High speed sweeper , and the rear end of my bike spun up and passed me , and ended up almost doing a full split. I had to let go of the bars so I didn't get ripped in half. Went down with my elbow tucked in and broke a rib and bruised my liver. Had some internal swelling going on as well......didn't feel good for a few weeks.
hamncheeze
6/21/2018 10:16am
Why do they do that, it will all become apparent when he starts practice- qualifying, let alone when he's actually racing. I'm hoping the championship goes...
Why do they do that, it will all become apparent when he starts practice- qualifying, let alone when he's actually racing.
I'm hoping the championship goes down to the last Moto of the last race.
Its all about the mental edge. Downplay injury severity and hope you come good on the day. If you say everything completely honestly it starts to open up doubt in your mind.

Then when it goes to shit you can say “It’s much worse than anyone knows”.
GregDVT
6/21/2018 11:39am
GregDVT wrote:
RCF wrote:
This
I know it hurts with every breath, broken ribs are among the most painful and nagging injuries. I’m also aware that Jeffery is an extremely strong and determined person who has been working his whole life for this.

On the other hand jordy Nelson played multiple games for the packers last year with broken ribs. I’d rather ride Moto than play football with that injury
6/21/2018 12:08pm
RCF wrote:
This
GregDVT wrote:
I know it hurts with every breath, broken ribs are among the most painful and nagging injuries. I’m also aware that Jeffery is an extremely strong...
I know it hurts with every breath, broken ribs are among the most painful and nagging injuries. I’m also aware that Jeffery is an extremely strong and determined person who has been working his whole life for this.

On the other hand jordy Nelson played multiple games for the packers last year with broken ribs. I’d rather ride Moto than play football with that injury
Sorry, I wasn't having a pop at you, just agreeing with serious drugs needed to get through the pain.
Each time I've done a rib or two I soon learnt how not to sneeze.
GregDVT
6/21/2018 12:14pm
This
GregDVT wrote:
I know it hurts with every breath, broken ribs are among the most painful and nagging injuries. I’m also aware that Jeffery is an extremely strong...

Sorry, I wasn't having a pop at you, just agreeing with serious drugs needed to get through the pain. Each time I've done a rib or...
Sorry, I wasn't having a pop at you, just agreeing with serious drugs needed to get through the pain.
Each time I've done a rib or two I soon learnt how not to sneeze.
No worries mate, I have only bruised em from Snowboarding but even that made it hard to sleep.
6/21/2018 12:20pm
Didn't someone on vital say broken ribs the day it happened? I just assumed it was hush hush by ktm
500guy
6/21/2018 12:25pm
Broken ribs only means he will win by 10 seconds and lap only to 5th place.
Donovan759
6/21/2018 12:28pm
Didn't someone on vital say broken ribs the day it happened? I just assumed it was hush hush by ktm
Yeah, I believe someone copy pasted it out of an article from an online source in another country.
6/21/2018 12:38pm
Donovan759 wrote:
Yeah, I believe someone copy pasted it out of an article from an online source in another country.
Motoxaddicts, reported ribs now dirt bike rider is as well
keinz
6/21/2018 12:51pm Edited Date/Time 6/22/2018 3:45am
Ask from Peick, he didn't care. JH raced with a broken femur,. Broken ribs are like whooping cough for this guySmile
6/21/2018 1:14pm
first messages online reported possible broken ribs , but he got some bruised ribs like the KTM press relase stated
Nuffsaid
6/21/2018 3:30pm
Herlings drive and pain threshold are beyond normal human limits, he even rides with blisters Cool
6/21/2018 3:48pm
Nuffsaid wrote:
Herlings drive and pain threshold are beyond normal human limits, he even rides with blisters Cool
Naahhhhh, no one can ride with blisters!!!
Robgvx
6/27/2018 5:41am
Certainly looks like he hurt his ribs to me.

Post a reply to: Hmmmm, not sure if this is true or not but does Herlings have broken ribs too?

The Latest