Hmmmm Sipes

Jake_CR250R
Edited Date/Time 3/3/2018 2:51pm
What's this hinting at? Notice the Lucas Oil Motocross logo. Possibly 250 outdoors, or maybe more likely the 125 dream races.

|
Camp332
3/1/2018 12:39pm
These threads are kind of fun. Looking at the throttle cable. You might just be right. 125 Dream Race...
peelout
3/1/2018 12:44pm
you can tell it's a dirt bike because of the way it is
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
3/1/2018 12:49pm
He rips in those 125 dream race events.

The Shop

Camp332
3/1/2018 1:03pm
peelout wrote:
You sure?
mx295
3/1/2018 1:10pm Edited Date/Time 3/1/2018 1:11pm
peelout wrote:
Yea but who's Mika? Wink
hyler199
3/1/2018 1:23pm
haha the ride twice daily thing is jokes never seen that
Donovan759
3/1/2018 1:46pm
peelout wrote:
trying not to crap my pants.
honda907
3/1/2018 2:44pm
What's this hinting at? Notice the Lucas Oil Motocross logo. Possibly 250 outdoors, or maybe more likely the 125 dream races. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/03/01/246784/s1200_Screenshot_20180301_142651.jpg[/img]
What's this hinting at? Notice the Lucas Oil Motocross logo. Possibly 250 outdoors, or maybe more likely the 125 dream races.

Daytona.

If he rides Daytona, I don't think he can ride s dream race this year. I think the rules are non current pros and A riders, but the rules aren't cast in stone. Last year he rode Hi point in the 450 class and rode a round of the dream race, so I am probably wrong.

Of course he was scored as "Thomas Sipes" in 15th last year, so maybe that's how he bypassed this?? Just checked archives in Cycle News.
Johnny Depp
3/1/2018 2:48pm
You guys sure know a lot of things about a dream series that has yet to be officially announced. Give it up.

For sure a dirt bike.
MX Culture
3/1/2018 3:49pm
You guys sure know a lot of things about a dream series that has yet to be officially announced. Give it up. For sure a dirt...
You guys sure know a lot of things about a dream series that has yet to be officially announced. Give it up.

For sure a dirt bike.
I was going to say, where's the dream race or 125 class PR?
I sure haven't seen it.
3/1/2018 5:00pm
What's this hinting at? Notice the Lucas Oil Motocross logo. Possibly 250 outdoors, or maybe more likely the 125 dream races. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/03/01/246784/s1200_Screenshot_20180301_142651.jpg[/img]

honda907 wrote:
Daytona. If he rides Daytona, I don't think he can ride s dream race this year. I think the rules are non current pros and A...
Daytona.

If he rides Daytona, I don't think he can ride s dream race this year. I think the rules are non current pros and A riders, but the rules aren't cast in stone. Last year he rode Hi point in the 450 class and rode a round of the dream race, so I am probably wrong.

Of course he was scored as "Thomas Sipes" in 15th last year, so maybe that's how he bypassed this?? Just checked archives in Cycle News.
If it was Daytona he would not have Lucas Oil logos at the top of the number plate, it would be Monster logos.
Johnny Depp
3/1/2018 5:05pm Edited Date/Time 3/1/2018 5:06pm
ML125 might have just been pushed off the podium? This Dream class is already being stacked and it's not even a thing yet. I thought we were just gonna have fun?

jeffro503
3/1/2018 5:20pm
You know what erk's me a bit about the dream race thing , is that I think it needs to be taken a little more serious then what most people do. It needs to be a full on , " real race " series. Weather that be 4 rounds , 6 , 8 or whatever.

It isn't , and shouldn't be considered some side show attraction. In the GP's , they take that class very seriously. And they should! I don't understand why most here don't. It's fucking depressing.
Jake_CR250R
3/1/2018 6:46pm
jeffro503 wrote:
You know what erk's me a bit about the dream race thing , is that I think it needs to be taken a little more serious...
You know what erk's me a bit about the dream race thing , is that I think it needs to be taken a little more serious then what most people do. It needs to be a full on , " real race " series. Weather that be 4 rounds , 6 , 8 or whatever.

It isn't , and shouldn't be considered some side show attraction. In the GP's , they take that class very seriously. And they should! I don't understand why most here don't. It's fucking depressing.
I agree. I've been to Glen Helen the past few years and they've done 125 events, and nobody really knows whats going on, or why there's a 5 lap race, but they all love the 125s screaming up the hills there.
Ebs
3/1/2018 9:15pm Edited Date/Time 3/1/2018 9:19pm
Middle bar clamp. What am I looking at?
ga_pike
3/2/2018 8:23am
Maybe they should do regional 125 series for outdoors... sorta like SX. Make it a stepping stone series and keep costs down. Could even have additional events when the big series is on the opposite coast.
Roostermx58
3/2/2018 9:03am
Ebs wrote:
Middle bar clamp. What am I looking at?
Thats a Mako360
Johnny Depp
3/2/2018 9:25am Edited Date/Time 3/2/2018 9:26am
After I slept on this, I'm getting pissed. Accidentally announced then unannounced twice already, and this photo indicates Austria Inc. is already hard at work rounding up some ringers. I thought we didn't know yet if the schedule doesn't conflict with the GNCC where Sipes is supposed to be riding? This is going to turn into a arms race and it's not even announced yet. KTM's probably melting down '19 models on the dyno trying to be ready for no homologation. I guess maybe Beta needs to get Rodney Smith and Christophe Charlier ready? The Sandbagging in this sport is out of hand. If past champions is what they want then how about vintage exhibitions?

If this is about developing the future riders, then no one old enough to hold a Pro license should be allowed and the bikes need to be showroom available with a claiming rule $1k over MSRP. What is the point of these kids otherwise bringing a knife to a gunfight?

I sure hope there's not a lot of cash handshakes and back room deals and ball washing going on while these rules are being worked up.

RonJon
3/2/2018 9:52am
After I slept on this, I'm getting pissed. Accidentally announced then unannounced twice already, and this photo indicates Austria Inc. is already hard at work rounding...
After I slept on this, I'm getting pissed. Accidentally announced then unannounced twice already, and this photo indicates Austria Inc. is already hard at work rounding up some ringers. I thought we didn't know yet if the schedule doesn't conflict with the GNCC where Sipes is supposed to be riding? This is going to turn into a arms race and it's not even announced yet. KTM's probably melting down '19 models on the dyno trying to be ready for no homologation. I guess maybe Beta needs to get Rodney Smith and Christophe Charlier ready? The Sandbagging in this sport is out of hand. If past champions is what they want then how about vintage exhibitions?

If this is about developing the future riders, then no one old enough to hold a Pro license should be allowed and the bikes need to be showroom available with a claiming rule $1k over MSRP. What is the point of these kids otherwise bringing a knife to a gunfight?

I sure hope there's not a lot of cash handshakes and back room deals and ball washing going on while these rules are being worked up.

Or maybe the guy just wants to do the races because they're fun. I doubt the OEMs give a crap about the piddly dream races. As long as the racing is good, who cares.....
JM485
3/2/2018 9:56am
peelout wrote:
Camp332 wrote:
You sure?
Did you sick fascists really just assume its gender? That thing identifies as a quad and you need to respect that bros.
ktm212
3/2/2018 9:59am
After I slept on this, I'm getting pissed. Accidentally announced then unannounced twice already, and this photo indicates Austria Inc. is already hard at work rounding...

what're you getting all bent out of shape for? Have you seen the winners of the dream race? its usually old retired pro dudes anyways, the bike they gave away went to same averge vet dude, these races are for fun and people want to race them. let them!
jeffro503
3/2/2018 10:00am
RonJon wrote:
Or maybe the guy just wants to do the races because they're fun. I doubt the OEMs give a crap about the piddly dream races. As...
Or maybe the guy just wants to do the races because they're fun. I doubt the OEMs give a crap about the piddly dream races. As long as the racing is good, who cares.....
And this is why it sucks here. Over in the GP scene , they don't think of the 125 class as a " piddly dream race."

They use that class to help groom up and coming riders , and riding those 125's make them better riders. The guys in the GP's over the past 5 years or so , have steadily caught and passed us in the speed department. That 125 class is grooming the next generation of riders , who will be even faster in the next 5 - 8 years.

Some can laugh at that now , but later on down the road , we won't be doing to much laughing. We had better get on the freakin' ball before we are so far behind , that it'll take years for us to catch back up.
RonJon
3/2/2018 10:47am
RonJon wrote:
Or maybe the guy just wants to do the races because they're fun. I doubt the OEMs give a crap about the piddly dream races. As...
jeffro503 wrote:
And this is why it sucks here. Over in the GP scene , they don't think of the 125 class as a " piddly dream race."...
And this is why it sucks here. Over in the GP scene , they don't think of the 125 class as a " piddly dream race."

They use that class to help groom up and coming riders , and riding those 125's make them better riders. The guys in the GP's over the past 5 years or so , have steadily caught and passed us in the speed department. That 125 class is grooming the next generation of riders , who will be even faster in the next 5 - 8 years.

Some can laugh at that now , but later on down the road , we won't be doing to much laughing. We had better get on the freakin' ball before we are so far behind , that it'll take years for us to catch back up.
I agree we should do the same thing here but it will never happen.
mxtech1
3/2/2018 11:17am
peelout wrote:
Camp332 wrote:
You sure?
JM485 wrote:
Did you sick fascists really just assume its gender? That thing identifies as a quad and you need to respect that bros.
Riddle me this...

When a quad self-identifies as a TC125 is it cool or still a quad?
Johnny Depp
3/3/2018 9:02am Edited Date/Time 3/3/2018 9:56am

So to correct myself a bit, the schedules are up for GNCC and the Nationals, just not the strongly rumored 125 rounds. The only 2 conflicting dates are May 26 the John Penton GNCC and the Glen Helen National run on the same day, and June 23rd the Snowshoe GNCC and the Muddy Creek National run on the same day. Make what you will of that, but neither track is a traditional NPG round so I'm guessing no 125's there.

What do you guys want to see out of a 125 series?
quiknic
Fantasy
1147th
3/3/2018 10:50am
Maybe he's signed up to race Mammoth Motocross in the B Class? Damn ex pros trying to win a wooden bear by all means...

BACKGROUND COLORS 2018

Black Backgrounds/White Numbers
All B Classes -
65cc10-11- Black Backgrounds/White Numbers

Post a reply to: Hmmmm Sipes

The Latest