Hmm, interesting jungle drums...(anti-doping)

4/22/2014 11:57am
I'd recommend responsible PED use long before recommending any athlete drink a "energy" drink. Our society couldn't be more full of hypocrisy.... ....the majority of our...
I'd recommend responsible PED use long before recommending any athlete drink a "energy" drink.

Our society couldn't be more full of hypocrisy....

....the majority of our country is hooked on antidepressants or some other drug. And alcohol? Pssh.

The very society that demands our athletes be "drug free" couldn't pass a drug test themselves.
TripleFive wrote:
If we were truly concerned about the health of professional riders we wouldn't allow them to ride.
Bingo. U get it.
4/22/2014 12:04pm
Radical wrote:
Just quoting what Socket was saying. It always puzzles me as to why a professional athlete is basically "on trial" before congress. The sport's governing body...
Just quoting what Socket was saying. It always puzzles me as to why a professional athlete is basically "on trial" before congress. The sport's governing body should decide what is and what isn't allowed.

I don't believe marijuana should be tested for in MX. There is no point to it. If a rider is not using PEDs, yet get's suspended for smoking pot, it's not right, and it's none of USADA's business.

For the record I don't smoke pot. I haven't in many, many years.
Baseball players testified before congress because the MLB has an antitrust exemption in which Congress could revoke.
4/22/2014 12:06pm
SX / MX does not need the bad publicity that even testing is going on.....let alone bring down a top rider or 2 or 3 or....
4/22/2014 12:10pm
I'd recommend responsible PED use long before recommending any athlete drink a "energy" drink. Our society couldn't be more full of hypocrisy.... ....the majority of our...
I'd recommend responsible PED use long before recommending any athlete drink a "energy" drink.

....the majority of our country is hooked on antidepressants or some other drug. And alcohol? Pssh.

The very society that demands our athletes be "drug free" couldn't pass a drug test themselves.
TripleFive wrote:
If we were truly concerned about the health of professional riders we wouldn't allow them to ride.
Bingo. U get it.
PED testing is to level the playing field not protect the athletes from themselves.

The Shop

Outsider
4/22/2014 12:58pm

TripleFive wrote:
Bingo. U get it.
You both get it... thank you
4/22/2014 2:23pm Edited Date/Time 4/22/2014 2:34pm
TripleFive wrote:
Bingo. U get it.
PED testing is to level the playing field not protect the athletes from themselves.
Depends on who u ask. There are a few different reasons people are anti-PEDs. Too bad reason wasn't used in forming their bias.

If "leveling the playing field" is the goal, good luck with that. It goes against everything competition is about. Everything the teams do from testing, to worx parts, to "legal" training methods is in an effort to un-level the playing field so they have an advantage. Why allow some avenues for advantage and not others? Too much subjectivity in what is taboo and what isn't.

The fact ur ignoring is this, even if every rider had equal access to bikes, budget, and PEDs, only the same few top guys would make the most of it. The finishing order would change little. Maybe RC gets beat by Bubba a few more times and a championship or two is on the other riders mantle. But its not like Bubba has any room to complain about RC. How many 125 titles would Bubba have won without running 150cc kits in the first motos? Pot. Kettle...black.

U see, all the bitching & moaning dont solve shit at the end of the day. Motorsports always have, and always will be, about trying to get whatever competitive advantage u can and by any means necessary.
4/22/2014 3:27pm
Bingo. U get it.
Depends on who u ask. There are a few different reasons people are anti-PEDs. Too bad reason wasn't used in forming their bias. If "leveling the...
Depends on who u ask. There are a few different reasons people are anti-PEDs. Too bad reason wasn't used in forming their bias.

If "leveling the playing field" is the goal, good luck with that. It goes against everything competition is about. Everything the teams do from testing, to worx parts, to "legal" training methods is in an effort to un-level the playing field so they have an advantage. Why allow some avenues for advantage and not others? Too much subjectivity in what is taboo and what isn't.

The fact ur ignoring is this, even if every rider had equal access to bikes, budget, and PEDs, only the same few top guys would make the most of it. The finishing order would change little. Maybe RC gets beat by Bubba a few more times and a championship or two is on the other riders mantle. But its not like Bubba has any room to complain about RC. How many 125 titles would Bubba have won without running 150cc kits in the first motos? Pot. Kettle...black.

U see, all the bitching & moaning dont solve shit at the end of the day. Motorsports always have, and always will be, about trying to get whatever competitive advantage u can and by any means necessary.
Allowing them (which they can't because they are illegal) would put more pressure on those who don't want to use them to probably have to. If they are banned in the sport and thoroughly tested for than less racers would feel the need to use them. Also, where does it stop. Should they let moto dads shoot their kids up in the pits before a race?
Outsider
4/22/2014 3:56pm
Allowing them (which they can't because they are illegal) would put more pressure on those who don't want to use them to probably have to. If...
Allowing them (which they can't because they are illegal) would put more pressure on those who don't want to use them to probably have to. If they are banned in the sport and thoroughly tested for than less racers would feel the need to use them. Also, where does it stop. Should they let moto dads shoot their kids up in the pits before a race?
"Shoot up" what? Seriously, what do you mean by this?
4/22/2014 4:00pm Edited Date/Time 4/22/2014 4:01pm
Allowing them (which they can't because they are illegal) would put more pressure on those who don't want to use them to probably have to. If...
Outsider wrote:
"Shoot up" what? Seriously, what do you mean by this?
What I mean is if they are made legal in the sport what is to stop kids from using them. That is another major issue with PED's is that slowly but surely they will find their way to kids who want to be like the pros and their parents who will do anything to get them there.
Outsider
4/22/2014 4:13pm
What I mean is if they are made legal in the sport what is to stop kids from using them. That is another major issue with...
What I mean is if they are made legal in the sport what is to stop kids from using them. That is another major issue with PED's is that slowly but surely they will find their way to kids who want to be like the pros and their parents who will do anything to get them there.
Well, "legally" you can a get script for certain drugs in everyday life if you are "deficient" in those things. Otherwise, they are illegal.

I think it should stay that way personally, but if someone thinks the only way to succeed is to use PED's, they will find a way to get them.

I still believe that a 10th place guy will always be a 10th place guy and a champ will be a champ no matter what. Not saying there are not advantages to be had but still.
4/22/2014 5:27pm Edited Date/Time 4/22/2014 5:40pm
Depends on who u ask. There are a few different reasons people are anti-PEDs. Too bad reason wasn't used in forming their bias. If "leveling the...

The flaw with ur logic is that u are implying that PEDs are a shortcut.

I know there are racers that dont want to have to use PEDs to level the playing field. But I can only honestly think of one pro that I know it would drastically improve his results.

You think that there are riders who don't want to use, but I think its more accurate to say there are LOTS of riders who dont want all the gym/training that comes along with the PED use to even make it effective.

As talented as the top 30+ guys in this sport are, few train to the max like RV does.

If u can't put in that work, the PEDs aren't going to help u and the "forced too use PEDs to compete" excuse doesnt fly.

Your last question is far more valid. Where do u draw the line for youth? I honestly dont know.

Anyone that has been around amateur racing has seen kids brought to tears being forced by their dad to jump a triple they dont want to jump. I fail to see the difference between that and forced PED use.

Honestly, I'd be really surprised to find out that at Loretta's there aren't most top amateurs at least getting IV's to beat the heat/dehydration.

I will say this, I'm tired of the "save the children" stance. They're favorite pros are marketing liquid poison to them and I dont see many parents not allowing their kids to drink Monster/RedBull/etc.

We don't give a shit about the youth as much as we all claim. But it does make for a convenient soapbox to argue from.

Post a reply to: Hmm, interesting jungle drums...(anti-doping)

The Latest