Hitting the gnarliest hills in Jawbone Canyon

Austin Teyler and Elevated Action Sports are back at it with their newest Superfly web episode. He rode that place unlike any other, including getting as far up as possible on that 900 foot rocky monster! Does anyone have recommendations of where we should go film next?

https://youtu.be/7HCMabz6XJo
|
three9zero
4/14/2017 3:41pm
That was rad. I'd look into a road trip to Kamloops British Columbia Canada, there is some BIG stuff out there.....
zehn
4/14/2017 3:45pm
Nice video. Music was mixed a tad too loud IMO but it's not that egregious. I just want to hear more engine sound
JM485
4/14/2017 5:27pm
Heck ya, my bad I forgot to update the other thread with the first couple videos. I'm almost done with my little recap video from last weekend and I'll post that when it's done.

The Shop

4/14/2017 10:02pm
three9zero wrote:
That was rad. I'd look into a road trip to Kamloops British Columbia Canada, there is some BIG stuff out there.....
Just looked it up.. that place looks killer! We'll definitely put it on the wish list. I never knew there was high desert like that in Canada, especially BC. But there are some big ones out there it looks like
jeffro503
4/15/2017 12:13am
That was badass!! Takes some skills doing them hills!
4/15/2017 4:25pm
jeffro503 wrote:
That was badass!! Takes some skills doing them hills!
Thanks man it definitely is a different type of skill to hit them like that!
RangerLee
4/16/2017 3:58pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2017 3:59pm
Austin Teyler and Elevated Action Sports are back at it with their newest Superfly web episode. He rode that place unlike any other, including getting as...
Austin Teyler and Elevated Action Sports are back at it with their newest Superfly web episode. He rode that place unlike any other, including getting as far up as possible on that 900 foot rocky monster! Does anyone have recommendations of where we should go film next?

I am so pumped you guys rode at Jawbone. I spent many days at Jawbone as from 5 years old and up. The widowmaker (I wonder if it is still called that) is one hell of a hill. Saw many try to climb it.

Bean Canyon is a fun ride, Hannas old track is out there too, but the big hill climbs are way in the back, so not sure how easy it would be getting the equipment there for filming. Bean became the go to canyon for riding and camping.
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
4/16/2017 6:47pm
Austin Teyler and Elevated Action Sports are back at it with their newest Superfly web episode. He rode that place unlike any other, including getting as...

RangerLee wrote:
I am so pumped you guys rode at Jawbone. I spent many days at Jawbone as from 5 years old and up. The widowmaker (I wonder...
I am so pumped you guys rode at Jawbone. I spent many days at Jawbone as from 5 years old and up. The widowmaker (I wonder if it is still called that) is one hell of a hill. Saw many try to climb it.

Bean Canyon is a fun ride, Hannas old track is out there too, but the big hill climbs are way in the back, so not sure how easy it would be getting the equipment there for filming. Bean became the go to canyon for riding and camping.
Bean is a bust "if you're not a land owner" out there. Lucky for me, I own some.... Wink

There is a few really good ones in that canyon, but there's better hillclimbs out at Spangler Hill (Trona). The single track is also good at Spangler and it's legal to ride there.
Hman144
Fantasy
714th
4/17/2017 5:27am
Cool vid. Skipped the first 3 minutes. Hillclimb wheelies and under-fender footage was entertaining. Could have been cut down to about 5 min. in my ADHD opinion. Squirrel!

Steve 396
4/17/2017 7:18am
Great video. Spent some time out in jawbone when I was stationed at Edwards. Lots to do there whether you have a bike, quad or just driving the canyons in your 4x4.
Phantom 661
4/17/2017 8:33am
Nice video.
Rode Jawbone 40 years ago. My old 77 YZ 125
Just couldn't get very far up the big hills.but I did try. Grinning
VoR
4/17/2017 10:25am
First time I ever went to Jawbone in the late 80's saw some guy methodically tool a CR500 up one of those steep rocky canyon walls no shirt just helmet pants and boots knobby tires and stock swingarm. Still to this day probably the most impressive riding skills I've witnessed
4/17/2017 4:20pm
Thanks guys! And loving the old stories, there are endless stories of that place, such epic riding. What's the hands down biggest and baddest hill in the canyon?? Anyone have pictures or video??
4/17/2017 11:30pm
This video got me thinking; four-strokes must clearly dominate in hillclimbs.
4/17/2017 11:44pm
Completely bad ass! Riding and filming and editing were all on point and had me amped watching and wanting to ride! Only critical thing I could possibly say was forget about the intro and just get straight into the action. Great video none the less, keep it up
4/20/2017 11:54am
TripleFive wrote:
Two strokes are not as popular as they used to be. Everyone races a pumped up 450, with some pushing 75 hp. The 700cc class still has a good amount of CR500s, but top guys have been dropping big money big bore single cylinder 4 strokes, like YZ470Fs and the big bore KTM 660/690s.
endurox
4/20/2017 12:28pm
Nice riding skills. One issue is we have very little riding area left to ride. Seeing a bike go up a hillside with vegatation on it gives those tree huggers more ammo. Might edit video to just show riding on current ridden tracks and trails.
RCMXracing
4/20/2017 10:22pm
I liked it. Very cool. Nice to see something different.
4/21/2017 1:22pm
endurox wrote:
Nice riding skills. One issue is we have very little riding area left to ride. Seeing a bike go up a hillside with vegatation on it...
Nice riding skills. One issue is we have very little riding area left to ride. Seeing a bike go up a hillside with vegatation on it gives those tree huggers more ammo. Might edit video to just show riding on current ridden tracks and trails.
Yeah I see how that can be an issue and was afraid of that! It's just hard to show the sport differently and the raw skill on pre-cut lines, it's like big-mountain skiing on fresh lines but going up, but unfortunately the lines stay unlike skiing in snow..
Swann
4/21/2017 1:51pm
The first 2:30 were a complete waste of time but otherwise a good vid.
mx_563
4/21/2017 2:40pm
TripleFive wrote:
Two strokes are not as popular as they used to be. Everyone races a pumped up 450, with some pushing 75 hp. The 700cc class still...
Two strokes are not as popular as they used to be. Everyone races a pumped up 450, with some pushing 75 hp. The 700cc class still has a good amount of CR500s, but top guys have been dropping big money big bore single cylinder 4 strokes, like YZ470Fs and the big bore KTM 660/690s.
I don't know about hillclimb competition but I ride Jawbone a good bit with some pretty talented dudes and I see a very broad spectrum of bikes out there. This guy just rode a few hills near the main canyon. I don't think he would be such a badass in some of the tighter gnarlier stuff deeper in the hills on the south side of the canyon.

There's an old dude named Myron that practically lives down there. Wears full football/hockey style pads and rides a KTM550. That dude deserves his own video! Climbs those hills with one hand off the handlebar for fun. No joke!
4/23/2017 9:32pm
TripleFive wrote:
Two strokes are not as popular as they used to be. Everyone races a pumped up 450, with some pushing 75 hp. The 700cc class still...
mx_563 wrote:
I don't know about hillclimb competition but I ride Jawbone a good bit with some pretty talented dudes and I see a very broad spectrum of...
I don't know about hillclimb competition but I ride Jawbone a good bit with some pretty talented dudes and I see a very broad spectrum of bikes out there. This guy just rode a few hills near the main canyon. I don't think he would be such a badass in some of the tighter gnarlier stuff deeper in the hills on the south side of the canyon.

There's an old dude named Myron that practically lives down there. Wears full football/hockey style pads and rides a KTM550. That dude deserves his own video! Climbs those hills with one hand off the handlebar for fun. No joke!
I'd love to meet and ride with Myron! I've heard of him before, kind of a legend. I'd definitely shoot some video of him or something. But it would be cool if people pointed out some hills that "can't be climbed" so we can check them out. None of those hills in the video were particularly impossible or super challenging for Austin, he just took odd lines and tried to change it up. I'm almost certain nobody has climbed that one in the video that he bump started in and out of the creek!
RangerLee
4/24/2017 6:17am
langhammx wrote:
Bean is a bust "if you're not a land owner" out there. Lucky for me, I own some.... ;) There is a few really good ones...
Bean is a bust "if you're not a land owner" out there. Lucky for me, I own some.... Wink

There is a few really good ones in that canyon, but there's better hillclimbs out at Spangler Hill (Trona). The single track is also good at Spangler and it's legal to ride there.
Ohh man that sucks, I have heard that law enforcement is getting people riding out there, what the hell happened? Used to be some of the best riding around. Is it just where you park?

Post a reply to: Hitting the gnarliest hills in Jawbone Canyon

The Latest