Hill and Gypsy on Matthes

MJC
12/29/2019 9:12pm
Exchange students? That’s a bit like basing your opinion of us off Aussie behaviour in Bali. You’re gonna see the worst
smoothwakey
Fantasy
133rd
12/29/2019 9:24pm
I can see how Jase could come across as trying hard or too Broish in this interview, but I've listened to a fair few of his podcasts with other guests and he comes across quite laid back. I think it's easy to judge people of small snippets, like if you stop listening after the first bit of Josh saying matthes called him a stoner (which I almost did) you could think he was the same monster bro that didn't let Steve into the after party, but he goes on to have a mature and rational take on why Matthes has such a big following.

I actually think Jase could do a great interview with Matthes, they would probably talk about ebikes and become mates haha.
On that note any mountain bikers here should listen to the gypsy tales episodes with MTB trail building legend Glen Jacobs, it's great.
CM_84
12/29/2019 9:24pm
Exactly, you can only imagine, because you have never been there and have only met, what 2 or 3 exchange students?
8tensolutions
12/29/2019 9:28pm
motosmoke wrote:
Sometimes it seems the Gypsy guy is trying wayyyy too hard to be cool and fit in. Some things he said in that were super cringe...
Sometimes it seems the Gypsy guy is trying wayyyy too hard to be cool and fit in. Some things he said in that were super cringe. That’s where Matthes, Blair, DMXS, Pit Pass... etc. win me over as a listener. They don’t try to be bro’s with the guests. Flows better that way.
APLMAN99 wrote:
I haven't listened to DMXS in many years (didn't know that it was still operating actually) but back then they were the absolute worst at trying...
I haven't listened to DMXS in many years (didn't know that it was still operating actually) but back then they were the absolute worst at trying to "bro up" riders on their show.

Occasionally they'd get a guest who actually seemed like he had some good info and was willing to impart some wisdom and they'd end up ruining it with their 3rd grade approach to humor.

Maybe they've actually matured a bit, though.

I used to drive a little over an hour one way a few times a week and tried to listen to podcasts to kill the time. Now my "commute" is 6 minutes from getting in the rig to sitting at my desk so I don't bother.
DMXS is still the same. Bro Up all day every day especially David. At least Kevin is funny though. I appreciate that they have a show, but the ass kissing is annoying for sure.

The Shop

slipdog
12/29/2019 9:33pm
CM_84 wrote:
I know plenty of Americans that are arseholes. So I guess Americans are arseholes yeah? Or are some people great, some people arseholes and most people...
I know plenty of Americans that are arseholes.
So I guess Americans are arseholes yeah?
Or are some people great, some people arseholes and most people somewhere in the middle regardless of where they are from?

Macalpine seems like a flog though, really trying to be the coolest guy in the room. But if you have to act like the coolest guy in the room, you generally aren’t.

Like others have said, Hill seemed totally respectful and mature on his views of Matthes.

Them gat' damn Americans!

CPR
12/29/2019 9:34pm
Ha a yank calling an Aussie obnoxious, thanks mate that's awesome!
Oh and if you really were familiar with the average Australian, then you'd also realise that we save the word 'cunt' for people we like 😂
12/29/2019 9:34pm
Gypsie Child/Kid/Flog makes me embarrassed to be Australian. His constant need to refer to his “homies” as close personal friends, it’s very obvious also that he really “Like”’s everything.

Gypsy Boy, stop talking like a child and start talking like an adult or even a man, everyone I know can’t finish an episode which is a shame because the parts I can make it through actually have some good insight until you try and be cool guy again.

Also stop trying to talk about your Karate or whatever it is.

You definitely have talent and connections, there is no denying that.

So please start being a normal person , not a brozepi dude chill homie. Then your show would be much more paletable.

Yes I am triggered, no I am not sorry. 😊
aeffertz
12/29/2019 9:40pm
BS12 wrote:
We're convicts and we don't like you either. Stay away from our island or risk grave peril by a swoopy boy.
What could one of these little buggers possibly do? Laughing

deanwhite51
Fantasy
2591st
12/29/2019 9:54pm Edited Date/Time 12/29/2019 10:00pm
BS12 wrote:
We're convicts and we don't like you either. Stay away from our island or risk grave peril by a swoopy boy.
aeffertz wrote:
What could one of these little buggers possibly do? :laugh: [img]https://cdn.britannica.com/56/191256-131-9E594180/Magpies-magpie-perches-log.jpg[/img]

swoopy boys are more feared then snakes and spiders here.
we have more deaths from them birds then snakes.

As for this absolute flog of a dipshit Vtec.
You would have to be the biggest flop of a person ive seen on vital in long time with a statement like that.
going off a minority then the majority just shows how shit your judge of character is.

I truly hope a bird shits on your car and you stub your toe.

motokiwi
Fantasy
319th
12/29/2019 10:09pm Edited Date/Time 12/29/2019 10:18pm
Its just the Lebanese side coming thru. Lots of Aussies have a bit in them, or indirectly feed of the exuberant culture.

Its not so bad when you are used to it.

Im pretty sure the gypsey tales guy would be a bell-end wherever he was from... But I do enjoy some of his shows - so thanks for that ya weird cunt.

Gypsey tales bro-isms:

Just like fullll-seeeend, motocrossers are all just such good looking young guys you know, like Jats. Back when I was at JDR I used to bro down with all the factory riders, 100. Im industrie.
chump6784
12/29/2019 10:23pm
I'm an aussie and can't listen to gypsy. The episode with Seth Enslow I could hardly understand what gypsy was saying cos he was gargling Seths balls so hard.
I did find Hill interesting to listen to though
BUTWHY?
12/29/2019 11:05pm Edited Date/Time 12/29/2019 11:10pm
I find it completely irrelevant of where the guy is from, what colour his skin is, what his region is. I do however find it relevant that he is desperate to be “bro’s” with who he is interviewing, he auto agrees with every opinion, just plain and simple his interviews are boring, bland and bring zero insight into the industry. IMO he looked like a total jackass trying to light the fire with hill on the Matthes beef and wasn’t the reaction he was expecting. So with all that said, I simply won’t listen to his podcasts, I won’t post negative things on his social media and certainly won’t bag on aussies because of one person from there rubs me the wrong way! Hopefully he captures a audience with his platform. #pulp4life
CPR
12/30/2019 12:11am
BS12 wrote:
aeffertz wrote:
What could one of these little buggers possibly do? :laugh: [img]https://cdn.britannica.com/56/191256-131-9E594180/Magpies-magpie-perches-log.jpg[/img]

Hah is that an American Magpie? How cute......
Aussie version::

chump6784
12/30/2019 12:26am
The trick with magpies, ya gotta feed em. We have family's of em out our back yard and they never attack. When ya go into another magpies territory that you don't feed, well then ya gotta watch out
jemcee
12/30/2019 12:35am
Maggies are awesome! They can recognise faces and they won't swoop those they know I've got a family that nest in my tree out the front and no one has been swooped by them.. but ANYTHING else that dares coming into their territory cops a caning, and that includes the Wedge Tailed Eagles that float around my back yard! haha

Crush
12/30/2019 3:05am
Go fuck yourself carnt
hasko158
12/30/2019 8:26am
That's the problem with this sport, the athletes think the media are supposed to be their bros. You think there's any media members that hang out on a daily basis with athletes in NFL, MLB, F1 or any other major sport? It's their job to call it how they see it and use their sources to get stories out there. If you didn't want to be called out as a 17 year old, then you shouldn't have become a professional that young.
tcallahan707
12/30/2019 1:20pm
Man, must have listened to a different episode. Didn’t feel like he kept digging hard just because it was Matthes. They were reasonable responses for a host trying to get more from the guest’s perspective. Hill was fair, and they moved on quite quickly from Matthes to the bigger picture.

Also, I’ve traveled a fare bit and in my experience, most Americans who don’t like Aussies are uptight as fuck.
CM_84
12/30/2019 1:48pm
Man, must have listened to a different episode. Didn’t feel like he kept digging hard just because it was Matthes. They were reasonable responses for a...
Man, must have listened to a different episode. Didn’t feel like he kept digging hard just because it was Matthes. They were reasonable responses for a host trying to get more from the guest’s perspective. Hill was fair, and they moved on quite quickly from Matthes to the bigger picture.

Also, I’ve traveled a fare bit and in my experience, most Americans who don’t like Aussies are uptight as fuck.
I agree, it wasn’t bad at all.

You can see how these moto “feuds” escalate.
I saw on twitter that pulp super fans were tweeting Steve saying they “blew him out”, not really accurate at all. No doubt it goes the other way too, Steve can say small bits of criticism on his show about riders usually mixed with some positive things also, and no doubt the riders entourages go to the riders saying things like ‘dude Pulp was savaging you, what an arsehole’
RonJon
12/30/2019 2:01pm
Man, must have listened to a different episode. Didn’t feel like he kept digging hard just because it was Matthes. They were reasonable responses for a...

CM_84 wrote:
I agree, it wasn’t bad at all. You can see how these moto “feuds” escalate. I saw on twitter that pulp super fans were tweeting Steve...
I agree, it wasn’t bad at all.

You can see how these moto “feuds” escalate.
I saw on twitter that pulp super fans were tweeting Steve saying they “blew him out”, not really accurate at all. No doubt it goes the other way too, Steve can say small bits of criticism on his show about riders usually mixed with some positive things also, and no doubt the riders entourages go to the riders saying things like ‘dude Pulp was savaging you, what an arsehole’
The only thing blown out is some of the pulp super fans' hatchet wounds.
jpmoney57
12/30/2019 2:29pm
Because Americans are so full of class aren’t they *fucking huge face palm*
mike_v812
12/30/2019 2:58pm
bro like,like, F%CK. you know?like back in the day, like ricky and james like its on a whole other level.

good content, hard to listen to

im like 30 and like my whole generation is like stuck in the like using like every like third word like it's ridiculous like.
12/30/2019 3:58pm
mike_v812 wrote:
bro like,like, F%CK. you know?like back in the day, like ricky and james like its on a whole other level. good content, hard to listen to...
bro like,like, F%CK. you know?like back in the day, like ricky and james like its on a whole other level.

im like 30 and like my whole generation is like stuck in the like using like every like third word like it's ridiculous like.
Yeah he is hard to listen too at times, but he has some good guests and I’m only really listening to what the guest has to say.
CPR
12/30/2019 5:32pm
mike_v812 wrote:
bro like,like, F%CK. you know?like back in the day, like ricky and james like its on a whole other level. good content, hard to listen to...

Yeah he is hard to listen too at times, but he has some good guests and I’m only really listening to what the guest has to...
Yeah he is hard to listen too at times, but he has some good guests and I’m only really listening to what the guest has to say.
Agree 100% but despite the host there's some good listening in there, the RC-Reedy convo from this years AusX was awesome.
FWYT
12/30/2019 5:55pm
mike_v812 wrote:

The visual equivalent of hearing it is to write it in MySpace speak . . .

BrO, iT wAs liKe sooOOoo SicK, liKE, fUck, bRo, liKe, sIIIIIIIIcK, fucK, liKE, bRo, liKe, fuCkiNg siiiiCk, like, bRoo, fuK, LiKe . . . .

SoftSand
1/2/2020 7:51am
OffRoadBro wrote:
Gypsie Child/Kid/Flog makes me embarrassed to be Australian. His constant need to refer to his “homies” as close personal friends, it’s very obvious also that he...
Gypsie Child/Kid/Flog makes me embarrassed to be Australian. His constant need to refer to his “homies” as close personal friends, it’s very obvious also that he really “Like”’s everything.

Gypsy Boy, stop talking like a child and start talking like an adult or even a man, everyone I know can’t finish an episode which is a shame because the parts I can make it through actually have some good insight until you try and be cool guy again.

So please start being a normal person , not a brozepi dude chill homie. Then your show would be much more paletable.

Yep, pretty well summarised what I have been thinking every time I grit my teeth and listen to episodes I want to hear (only because of the guest) - eg. I can never get enough Weege but it's just so hard work when he uses gangsta try hard language. It's really not cool. It's a bit like listening to RC on the SX broadcasts...

sam hain
1/2/2020 11:02am
OffRoadBro wrote:
Gypsie Child/Kid/Flog makes me embarrassed to be Australian. His constant need to refer to his “homies” as close personal friends, it’s very obvious also that he...

Agree 100% I tried watching his interview with Reed and he was asking Chad questions then answering them himself. Dude needs to cut the bro vibe and act like a man, this douche couldn't carry Ping's jock strap.

Post a reply to: Hill and Gypsy on Matthes

The Latest