Hill Outdoors?

EvanR127
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 4:25pm
Wasn't Josh suppose to be ready for outdoors on Hart and huntington? Still not a 100% healed?

Also what happen to getting a video of RV riding that monster/kawi KX250 when his leg was healed? I want to see that beast!
|
ocscottie
5/25/2011 11:03pm
"Also what happen to getting a video of RV riding that monster/kawi KX250 when his leg was healed? I want to see that beast! "

OH HELL YA! i forgot all about that.
5/25/2011 11:23pm
Hope to see Hill back in form in 2012, I think he was possibly going to try to do a couple of nationals if everything was healed up but with these setbacks I believe he is just shooting for 2012 SX season as his return.
Francis377
5/25/2011 11:45pm
I know this thread is supposed to be about Hill but I also want to see that video of Ryan on the KX250.

Hope for Josh that he can get back to his 09 form, that H&H will be great to watch with Tedesco, Hill and hopefully Hannny on a 450!

The Shop

MCfan4life
5/26/2011 1:19am Edited Date/Time 5/26/2011 1:20am
Kenny Watson said on a recent Pulp show that Josh has had some setbacks with his leg.

His contract with H&H includes 2012 but H&H have an 'opt out' option if Josh is not healthy and back on the bike by a certain date (Kenny didn't give an exact date).

I certainly wish Josh well in his recovery and hope to see him back on the back when he's ready. I just hope this opt out option doesn't force him to think he has to get back on the bike before he's fully healed.
bg22
Fantasy
3048th
5/26/2011 1:59am Edited Date/Time 5/26/2011 1:59am
What a crazy turn in events for Hill in that last two years. Going from winning SXs to getting hurt before X games. Wish you the best Josh! Can't wait to see him back on a bike.
5/26/2011 10:06am
A few weeks ago on the PulpMX show I think Kenny said that if Hill was not riding by October HH had the option of cancelling the contract and going to another rider. I hope he gets through this soon!
500guy
5/26/2011 10:17am
A few weeks ago on the PulpMX show I think Kenny said that if Hill was not riding by October HH had the option of cancelling...
A few weeks ago on the PulpMX show I think Kenny said that if Hill was not riding by October HH had the option of cancelling the contract and going to another rider. I hope he gets through this soon!
Yep and how fucking dumb was it to give a contract to a guy that may never be up to par again ?

Hill was a great talent but those injuries will be a miracle to recover and get back to a level he can ride let alone race.
Socia
Fantasy
2264th
5/26/2011 11:07am
500guy wrote:
Yep and how fucking dumb was it to give a contract to a guy that may never be up to par again ? Hill was a...
Yep and how fucking dumb was it to give a contract to a guy that may never be up to par again ?

Hill was a great talent but those injuries will be a miracle to recover and get back to a level he can ride let alone race.
brutal...
Titan1
5/26/2011 11:07am
This is a perfect example of why, if I were a team owner/manager, I'd be very hesitant to hire anyone that isn't completely focused on racing (ala, Dungey, Villopoto, Alessi, hahn, short, metcalf, tomac, and other guys that wouldn't even dream of trying a frikkin' backflip and risk their racing career), rather than some of the more immature and less focused riders (Hill, Grant, etc).

Why would a guy that was winning SX races, try a back flip?

Hell, if I were a team manager, I'd write "no freestyle" in their contracts, along with-I'm sure-the other activities thier contracts forbid.

I hope Hill gets better, and that he-and all other riders-learn from his mistake....
zookrider62!
Fantasy
719th
5/26/2011 11:09am
A few weeks ago on the PulpMX show I think Kenny said that if Hill was not riding by October HH had the option of cancelling...
500guy wrote:
Yep and how fucking dumb was it to give a contract to a guy that may never be up to par again ? Hill was a...

from the sounds of it, if he isnt up to par it wont cost them a dime, correct?
hasko158
5/26/2011 11:21am
500guy wrote:

I think it was more about helping a friend and fellow racer. Josh stated in an interview that it was a great think they did because he can concentrate on healing and not have to worry about paying the bills. I think it's not dumb at all but rather very noble of H&H.
500guy
5/26/2011 11:24am
500guy wrote:

hasko158 wrote:
I think it was more about helping a friend and fellow racer. Josh stated in an interview that it was a great think they did because...
I think it was more about helping a friend and fellow racer. Josh stated in an interview that it was a great think they did because he can concentrate on healing and not have to worry about paying the bills. I think it's not dumb at all but rather very noble of H&H.
Was it also noble for other riders who perform not to have a contract ?
5/26/2011 11:29am
It probably wasn’t a ton of money. HH is a very smart team that knows how to market. Hill’s return will be a great story and he was at a lot of the supercross rounds and team signings.
hasko158
5/26/2011 11:29am
500guy wrote:

hasko158 wrote:
I think it was more about helping a friend and fellow racer. Josh stated in an interview that it was a great think they did because...
500guy wrote:
Was it also noble for other riders who perform not to have a contract ?
No matter how you slice it it's not fair to someone. You could argue "other riders" didn't put themselves in the right position for the contract. Every team is different and it's evident by the riders they hire and support, H&H is a tight group and supports their group.
hasko158
5/26/2011 11:30am
It probably wasn’t a ton of money. HH is a very smart team that knows how to market. Hill’s return will be a great story and...
It probably wasn’t a ton of money. HH is a very smart team that knows how to market. Hill’s return will be a great story and he was at a lot of the supercross rounds and team signings.
X2
5/26/2011 11:34am Edited Date/Time 5/26/2011 11:35am
I hope Hill comes back strong and can get back up to speed. At Anaheim 1, he was very friendly and the nicest rider I talked to all weekend and I've never met him before.
5/26/2011 11:47am Edited Date/Time 5/26/2011 11:56am
Titan1 wrote:
This is a perfect example of why, if I were a team owner/manager, I'd be very hesitant to hire anyone that isn't completely focused on racing...
This is a perfect example of why, if I were a team owner/manager, I'd be very hesitant to hire anyone that isn't completely focused on racing (ala, Dungey, Villopoto, Alessi, hahn, short, metcalf, tomac, and other guys that wouldn't even dream of trying a frikkin' backflip and risk their racing career), rather than some of the more immature and less focused riders (Hill, Grant, etc).

Hell, if I were a team manager, I'd write "no freestyle" in their contracts, along with-I'm sure-the other activities thier contracts forbid.

I hope Hill gets better, and that he-and all other riders-learn from his mistake....
So you wouldn't have signed Pastrana? Pretty sure he was riding a Suzuki in GQ last month...

Do you know Josh? If you don't then you have no right to saw he's not focused on racing. Just because he's off having fun on his dirtbike doesn't mean he's not focused on racing. If you don't know how to have fun on a bike you probably won't ever get that fast.

I know him personally. He will be back. No doubt in my mind. He's a hard worker.
Titan1
5/26/2011 12:57pm
Titan1 wrote:
This is a perfect example of why, if I were a team owner/manager, I'd be very hesitant to hire anyone that isn't completely focused on racing...

So you wouldn't have signed Pastrana? Pretty sure he was riding a Suzuki in GQ last month... Do you know Josh? If you don't then you...
So you wouldn't have signed Pastrana? Pretty sure he was riding a Suzuki in GQ last month...

Do you know Josh? If you don't then you have no right to saw he's not focused on racing. Just because he's off having fun on his dirtbike doesn't mean he's not focused on racing. If you don't know how to have fun on a bike you probably won't ever get that fast.

I know him personally. He will be back. No doubt in my mind. He's a hard worker.
Is Josh Hill Travis Pastrana? No. He's not. Apples to oranges. But even so, I'm sure Roger DeCoster had his issues with Pastrana not focusing on his racing, in fact I know he did.

I don't know Josh. But I don't need to know him to know that he obviously wasn't focused on racing or he wouldn't have been off trying a frikkin' back flip and ruined two years of an already short professional moto career.

And I hate to break it to you there junior, but being "fast" on a dirt bike is far far far far away from what is really important in my life (and unless you are already faster than 99.99999% of all dirt bike racers your age in the entire country, it better not be at the top of your priority list either). So I don't care about being "fast" on a dirt bike.

Either way, I know how to have fun on a dirt bike, "fun" is the only reason I even ride one. But I'm not doing it for a living, and I don't have companies paying me to do it, or expecting me to compete to get them exposure. And if I did, I wouldn't be wasting my time doing freestyle back flips.

And I'm sure Josh is a great kid, and probably a lot of fun to be around, but IN MY OPINION (disagree if you'd like) any professional racing needs to put back flip asperations on the shelf until they retire from racing.
IWreckALot
5/26/2011 1:36pm
Titan1 wrote:

I agree 100% with writing exclusions in contracts as to what the riders can and can't do within reason. Other sports have exclusions. Oddly enough one of them is that players are often banned from riding motorcycles. It's just a matter of covering your assets as much as you can.

If it's just a matter of fun he is looking for, there are other things to do to get a fix.
Socia
Fantasy
2264th
5/27/2011 10:36am
It's hilarious to think of what people's reactions would have been if it would have worked out differently, if Josh HAD went to X Games Speed and Style, stuck the flip, railed everyone, and took home gold. It would be interesting to see the TV ratings for X Games compared to a supercross race on SPEED... without a doubt the supercross views all season COMBINED are microscopic in comparison. The exposure for an X Games gold medal won by a TOP sx/mx guy, throwing a BACKFLIP in there with it? A lot of you act like he was learning the flip JUST for fun or bragging rights... It was a huge risk, a huge setback, and something he could have definitely opted not to do and focused on racing, but had he succeeded, the reward would have been HUGE and would have boosted his popularity and exposure beyond Hansen's (and that's saying something) for the sheer fact that he's fast and can do flips/tricks (a la Pastrana).

If things would have went his way, I think it's safe to say every one of you guys would have believed it was "worth it". People complain about "SX Only" guys, and when a guy steps outside of the box and tries something different and fails, he's an unfocused moron that doesn't appreciate shit. Sad part of this sport.
Titan1
5/27/2011 10:46am
Socia wrote:
It's hilarious to think of what people's reactions would have been if it would have worked out differently, if Josh HAD went to X Games Speed...
It's hilarious to think of what people's reactions would have been if it would have worked out differently, if Josh HAD went to X Games Speed and Style, stuck the flip, railed everyone, and took home gold. It would be interesting to see the TV ratings for X Games compared to a supercross race on SPEED... without a doubt the supercross views all season COMBINED are microscopic in comparison. The exposure for an X Games gold medal won by a TOP sx/mx guy, throwing a BACKFLIP in there with it? A lot of you act like he was learning the flip JUST for fun or bragging rights... It was a huge risk, a huge setback, and something he could have definitely opted not to do and focused on racing, but had he succeeded, the reward would have been HUGE and would have boosted his popularity and exposure beyond Hansen's (and that's saying something) for the sheer fact that he's fast and can do flips/tricks (a la Pastrana).

If things would have went his way, I think it's safe to say every one of you guys would have believed it was "worth it". People complain about "SX Only" guys, and when a guy steps outside of the box and tries something different and fails, he's an unfocused moron that doesn't appreciate shit. Sad part of this sport.
I assume you're talking to me...

If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle...."if", "if", "if", "if", "if"....I saw a lot of that in your post.

Facts are, it didn't pay off, he jacked himself up, absolutely destroyed 20% of his professional career (assuming a pro career is 10 years, and he's missed pretty much two complete seasons). That's all that really matters.

And for the record, even if he had pulled it off and won X-games gold, I'd still say it was stupid (because of the chance of what REALLY happened, happening).

Even if he could do a flip, he'd be no where near Pastrana...not even close.

And finally, racers should race. If he wants to do freestyle, he should retire from racing and do freestyle....trying to do both means he let down a lot of people.
Socia
Fantasy
2264th
5/27/2011 11:15am
Titan1 wrote:
I assume you're talking to me... If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle...."if", "if", "if", "if", "if"....I saw a lot of that in your...

If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle...."if", "if", "if", "if", "if"....I saw a lot of that in your post.

Facts are, it didn't pay off, he jacked himself up, absolutely destroyed 20% of his professional career (assuming a pro career is 10 years, and he's missed pretty much two complete seasons). That's all that really matters.

And for the record, even if he had pulled it off and won X-games gold, I'd still say it was stupid (because of the chance of what REALLY happened, happening).

And finally, racers should race. If he wants to do freestyle, he should retire from racing and do freestyle....trying to do both means he let down a lot of people.
I'm aware of the facts, saw the wreck, seeing the consequences, etc... I just don't agree with "racers should only race, and if they do anything else they're letting everyone down". Had Pastrana listened to that when everyone was telling him the same, he wouldn't have ANYWHERE NEAR the popularity, money, or overall success that he does today, and continues to gain.

Pastrana basically took the same risk Hill did, when his career was splitting into racing/FMX. Pastrana's risk(s) paid off and he's a GOD to millions. Hill's risk failed and he's dubbed a let-down... come on. I'm a born and bred racer... I respect the racing-only guys just and much as Pastrana... a supercross championship in my eyes is worth a lot more than an X Games medal, but multiple millions of TV viewers, merch buyers, etc, would disagree. I respect your opinion, I just think Hill deserves respect for going for something big that could have boosted his career in a major way. Definitely doesn't deserve to be kicked while he's down.
burnside
5/27/2011 11:37am
Socia wrote:
I'm aware of the facts, saw the wreck, seeing the consequences, etc... I just don't agree with "racers should only race, and if they do anything...
I'm aware of the facts, saw the wreck, seeing the consequences, etc... I just don't agree with "racers should only race, and if they do anything else they're letting everyone down". Had Pastrana listened to that when everyone was telling him the same, he wouldn't have ANYWHERE NEAR the popularity, money, or overall success that he does today, and continues to gain.

Pastrana basically took the same risk Hill did, when his career was splitting into racing/FMX. Pastrana's risk(s) paid off and he's a GOD to millions. Hill's risk failed and he's dubbed a let-down... come on. I'm a born and bred racer... I respect the racing-only guys just and much as Pastrana... a supercross championship in my eyes is worth a lot more than an X Games medal, but multiple millions of TV viewers, merch buyers, etc, would disagree. I respect your opinion, I just think Hill deserves respect for going for something big that could have boosted his career in a major way. Definitely doesn't deserve to be kicked while he's down.
Screw Pastrana, look at MC! He pretty much started the freeriding/FMX movement while he was in the prime of his racing career and all that free riding just added to his rock star status and marketability. Was he deemed an unfocused punk?

This also highlights the pitfalls of SX only contracts. What is a kid like him, in his prime, going to do all summer? X-Gaymes is a big deal and he had fuck all else to do all summer. Expect Regal is pulling his hair out too. And Bubba's probably back in jail... I blame Brookes! ;-) hahaha
burnside
5/27/2011 11:44am Edited Date/Time 5/27/2011 11:45am
500guy wrote:

Can anyone on here make an educated guess on his recovery? DrSweden maybe? Is a full recovery even physically possible with nerve damage like that? That looks like the kind of injury war vets have and carry for life. I wish him the best, but yikes, it looks damn ugly.
race
5/27/2011 11:53am
Someone explain the RV on a KX250 bit.

I'd like to see that.
500guy
5/27/2011 11:58am
500guy wrote:

burnside wrote:
Can anyone on here make an [u]educated[/u] guess on his recovery? DrSweden maybe? Is a full recovery even physically possible with nerve damage like that? That...
Can anyone on here make an educated guess on his recovery? DrSweden maybe? Is a full recovery even physically possible with nerve damage like that? That looks like the kind of injury war vets have and carry for life. I wish him the best, but yikes, it looks damn ugly.
I don't know any details and I hope people don't think I'm hating on Josh, Most people say he's a good guy, I never met him,

I wish him the best,

I just can't see why H&H gave him a contract.
Socia
Fantasy
2264th
5/27/2011 11:58am
burnside wrote:
Screw Pastrana, look at MC! He pretty much started the freeriding/FMX movement while he was in the prime of his racing career and all that free...
Screw Pastrana, look at MC! He pretty much started the freeriding/FMX movement while he was in the prime of his racing career and all that free riding just added to his rock star status and marketability. Was he deemed an unfocused punk?

This also highlights the pitfalls of SX only contracts. What is a kid like him, in his prime, going to do all summer? X-Gaymes is a big deal and he had fuck all else to do all summer. Expect Regal is pulling his hair out too. And Bubba's probably back in jail... I blame Brookes! ;-) hahaha
Exactly! The risk was there for MC to wad his crap up and "destroy 20% of his career" when he was throwing nac-nacs and whipping it upside down in the hills filming for Steel Roots, Terrafirma, Crusty... but he still went for it, and we couldn't get enough of it! What about RC and Stewart, the GIANTS of racing, doing the whip contest at X? MC and RC doing stepup? All big risks, taken on by dudes with big enough balls to step outside of the box and do something different to better themselves and have fun in the process. Hill's idea was no different.
Titan1
5/27/2011 12:09pm
Titan1 wrote:
I assume you're talking to me... If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle...."if", "if", "if", "if", "if"....I saw a lot of that in your...

Socia wrote:
I'm aware of the facts, saw the wreck, seeing the consequences, etc... I just don't agree with "racers should only race, and if they do anything...

But he did do something else, and let a lot of people down. That is a fact, and if you are aware of them, how can you disagree with that?

Pastrana did let a lot of people in racing down when he was doing the freestyle stuff (it drove Decoster nuts)! And ultimately he had to choose one or the other as well, and he choose Freestyle (becauser Freestyle ruined his racing career), and it blew up for him. Does Hill plan on going the same route? Or is he going to try and do both? Pastrana couldn't do it, can Hill?

Him doing a back flip in whatever that stupid event in xgames was, wasn't going to turn him into a Pastrana. If he could go out and win freestyle, or best trick gold medals, THEN you'd have point. But he was trying a back flip to use in a one off event (is it even still in xgames?)

You can respect him for taking unnecessary risks...I don't. Its just opinion...I respect him as a racer, not as a freestyle rider. But, its his life, its his career, he can do what he wants. I'd of rather Pastrana focus on racing, but it is what it is. He did what he wanted, and so be it. It's his life.

Post a reply to: Hill Outdoors?

The Latest