Hill

Motodrew295
1/24/2010 12:47pm Edited Date/Time 1/24/2012 8:52am
Couple arm chair observations:

Maybe a dumb question but is Hill not on a factory bike, I remember last year Chisolm was eligable for the privateer award. Did they get Hill on factory equipment, if not his riding is even more impressive.

At one point did he let up to let stewart by? Then the very next section stewart bobbled and Hill got by him.

Overall a great ride by Hill, when he passed stewart in the heat it gave me chills how he flew through the whoops and doubled past Stewie.
|
bvm111
1/24/2010 12:52pm
I was thinking the same... also I was wondering what the tone was like in the team rig after both the heat and the main... it was close racing but knowing the way both bubbles and LB percieve reality I bet he got a talking to from both big james and LB!
jeffro503
1/24/2010 1:00pm
"I bet he got a talking to from both big james and LB!"

what do you mean on this? I know from talking to dudes that are friends with Josh , that he's out to do the best "HE" can do. There are no team orders , as in to let james pass or anything like that. Josh is there to win for himself and nobody else! If that heat race and main didn't show that....than i don't know how to explain it any better.

One thing to remember here is that a team tactic goes in favor of the guy with the most points. So.....if it comes to the middle of the season , and Josh has gapped James in points ( not saying that is going to happen....but "IF") James will be the one playing brides maid and trying to protect Josh in the points standings.

The TEAM is the most important thing here......not one specific rider.
Motodrew295
1/24/2010 1:02pm
Oh yeah, I'm sure...take it easy on our star performer.

he had to of had a little extra confidence to race with stewart due to his close proximity and hearing about his booboos all day.
`ol Ger
1/24/2010 1:08pm
Motocross Affirmative Action ??

The Shop

1/24/2010 1:15pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 8:18pm
Great 2 C Josh do so well! Josh it ain't SAX anymore! Many know U can do it! Keep up with HARD training! Oh, and what about thanks to Mom & Dad along with Grampa Ted? Awwwww, come on Josh! Go! Go! Go!
mxjef
1/24/2010 1:27pm
We noticed after the race Hill was sitting on his bike close to the podium maybe one person standing by him. About 40 feet away Stewart was sitting on his bike with the whole San Manuel Team surrounding him, just looked kind of odd and sad at the same time....

And what was up with the broadcast showing the Dungy heat race and only highlights of the Hill heat race? The Hill heat race was one of the best races of the night besides the main.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2671st
1/24/2010 1:31pm
Man I am so glad to see Hilly kicking ass!!!

I hope he continues and stays healthy.
Dean
1/24/2010 1:33pm
`ol Ger wrote:
Motocross Affirmative Action ??
you're dick- plain and simple

nobody said shit about race
1/24/2010 1:39pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 8:18pm
jeffro503 wrote:
[b]"I bet he got a talking to from both big james and LB!"[/b] what do you mean on this? I know from talking to dudes that...

what do you mean on this? I know from talking to dudes that are friends with Josh , that he's out to do the best "HE" can do. There are no team orders , as in to let james pass or anything like that. Josh is there to win for himself and nobody else! If that heat race and main didn't show that....than i don't know how to explain it any better.

One thing to remember here is that a team tactic goes in favor of the guy with the most points. So.....if it comes to the middle of the season , and Josh has gapped James in points ( not saying that is going to happen....but "IF") James will be the one playing brides maid and trying to protect Josh in the points standings.

I agree.

I don't know specifics here, but isn't Hill riding basically for bonus money? If that is the case and I were Hill, if either LB or Big James attempted to tell me to let James by, I'd tell them to take a hike.

That being said, I don't think it happens in the L&M truck. I hope it is "May the best man on the team win."
KMC440
1/24/2010 1:48pm
Pit board possibilities...

"LET STEWIE BYE"
"LET BUBBLES BYE"
"YOU'RE PAID TO BLOCK"
"WTF ARE YOU DOING"
"WE COULD HAVE GIVEN THIS RIDE TO ANYONE REMEMBER"
bvm111
1/24/2010 1:51pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 8:19pm
jeffro503 wrote:
[b]"I bet he got a talking to from both big james and LB!"[/b] what do you mean on this? I know from talking to dudes that...

What I mean is that LB has a slobbering love affair with bubbles (remember the first video of Stewie on the yama-dog last year when the whole team including LB were standing trackside applauding him at the Yamaha test track... that was way gay) and I believe that his "team" is focused on his Star and Hill was hired to be a supporting member of the team not out racing the star making him look bad. When everyone was wondering how RV and CR would be in the same rig I was thinking what happens when Hill starts kicking ass like he has in the past and we all know he has won before!

I completely agree with you on everything regarding team "tactics/orders" IF it were any other team than L&M! I believe that there is a clear pattern of behavior being shown from LB and the L&M team to include Big James as of late (wanting to get the police involved last week with the reed incident - maybe that was just a rumor) that he is the clear focus of the team. I would be surprised if there was a bunch of high fives and slaps on the back for Hill from LB, Stewie, and Big James once they all were back at the team rig.
Looped Out
1/24/2010 2:22pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 8:19pm
Big James has NOTHING to do with the L&M team, so drop this part of the post.

There has only been 3 races into the 2010 Supercross series and riders need to position them selves in the Championship. The better riders will raise to the top and the others will move into their position.

Hill is riding great and Stewart is injured and trying to gain as many points as possible until he can get his true speed back.

The L&M team moved both #1 and #75 motorcycle next to each other at the podium, because they are a team so they could enjoy having two riders on the podium as a team.

James Stewart said that Hill was riding great and he had nothing for him, but like I said, he's injured and knows he's close to the front in his condition. There's plenty of racing left for both riders to do what they need to do to gain points at each race.

If there were any team orders, do you think Stewart and Hill would be racing so close? Obviously not. One for all and all for one.

By the way, Josh Hill's bike is L&M Yamaha, just like James Stewart's. Same as Kyle Chisholms bike last year. The only thing different between Stewart's and Hill's bike are the rear shocks.
Chili
1/24/2010 2:28pm
Hill is making LB look like a genius to this point in the season, great to see the kid rebound like he has.
Crush
1/24/2010 2:32pm
It's not the bike, it's the argument...

I guarantee NateDog, Kyle and Hill have all had as good equipment as Reedy and Bubba on that team...

When Ramsey was Reed's teammate, he was out of the top 10 or just in... So LB had a chat after he heard that someone else was going for the privateer award... Voss or something... And the same was done for Chisholm...

Not anyone's fault but the AMA...

If you can't tell who is factory and who isn't, then there is something wrong!!!!

1/24/2010 3:47pm
The people who have stood behind Josh and believe in him have made every effort to give Josh the best possible scenario. He is showing to everyone that with the right support and crew around him he is as good as any.
Motodrew295
1/24/2010 4:22pm
Crush wrote:
It's not the bike, it's the argument... I guarantee NateDog, Kyle and Hill have all had as good equipment as Reedy and Bubba on that team...
It's not the bike, it's the argument...

I guarantee NateDog, Kyle and Hill have all had as good equipment as Reedy and Bubba on that team...

When Ramsey was Reed's teammate, he was out of the top 10 or just in... So LB had a chat after he heard that someone else was going for the privateer award... Voss or something... And the same was done for Chisholm...

Not anyone's fault but the AMA...

If you can't tell who is factory and who isn't, then there is something wrong!!!!

I'm not 100% sure of the AMA's deffinition of a privateer, but im pretty sure its not the same as my deffinition.
RACEGUY
1/24/2010 4:47pm
"Factory" Yamaha no longer exists. Anybody on a blue bike is now a privateer.Evil
Motodrew295
1/24/2010 7:00pm
So all the insiders here at vital and noone can answer my question about hill's bike?
SteveS
1/24/2010 7:03pm Edited Date/Time 1/24/2010 7:04pm
Hill is not on a factory bike but he's also not a privateer. He rides for San Manuel Yamaha, L&M Racing. Does that answer your question?

His bike is built by the same team that builds James Stewart's bike.
Motodrew295
1/24/2010 7:13pm

Someone mentioned he has a different shock, is his production and james' works?

Besides that are the bikes identicle?

the reason I ask is because last year they made it sound like chisolm didn't have the same equipment.
FastEddy
Fantasy
955th
1/24/2010 7:16pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 8:19pm
Isn't L&M pretty much the factory Yamaha Team?
TerryK
1/24/2010 7:27pm
KMC440 wrote:
Pit board possibilities...

"LET STEWIE BYE"
"LET BUBBLES BYE"
"YOU'RE PAID TO BLOCK"
"WTF ARE YOU DOING"
"WE COULD HAVE GIVEN THIS RIDE TO ANYONE REMEMBER"
LaughingLaughingLaughing

Seriously though, I super pumped that Hill got a new lease on his racing life.
andymoto
1/24/2010 11:21pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 8:20pm
No one's more pumped for Hill than myself and surprised not more Hill threads are being posted about him and his rides. .

He sounded fun to listen to on that Motoworld.com show Matthes had earlier in week. His performance on the audio show bodes well for Josh for sure; sounding like he's happy go lucky young man.

Oh well. Hill knows I wish the best like many others do and he continues his consistent podium rides the whole season.

Remember on the Matthes show, LB didn't expect Josh to maybe be in top 5-7 placings thereabouts. Good problem for LB to have.

Go JH75 the whole SX season.

Post a reply to: Hill

The Latest