High Point MX - Practice Discussion

mj731
6/16/2018 9:20am
Cody Williams is listed on a CRF250 in the 450 class. Does anybody know if he's actually riding a 250 this week? He usually races the...
Cody Williams is listed on a CRF250 in the 450 class. Does anybody know if he's actually riding a 250 this week? He usually races the 250 class so I'm wondering if he picked up a 450 and the AMA or whomever has it listed wrong.
He is riding a 450, I think for the rest of the season. I think it's a good move for him
honda341
6/16/2018 9:21am Edited Date/Time 6/16/2018 9:28am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
This actually just made me think of something new. With fatbars having square bar pads I'm surprised no one has come up with an electronic screen/phone...
This actually just made me think of something new.

With fatbars having square bar pads I'm surprised no one has come up with an electronic screen/phone size device to put in the bar pad to relay messages to riders in big letters. Kind of like a modern pager.

They can't have communications devices in their helmets but I don't think there would be anything against that since it would be a one way thing. I think it would be more effective than the pit board.
EnvyMedia wrote:
That's way too distracting.
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I guess glancing at your speedometer while you drive is distracting too.
Maverick.... Do you even moto bro? (Read with sarcasm)

Others have said it, like a pitboard?

Comparing driving a car with riding moto? Y'all must drive like REALLY aggressively in North Montana... That or y'all ride REALLY slow.

If you do ride, I would like you to try and look at your bar pad while riding at speed. You would lose more time trying to read it than it would help you with the information given. Maybe this could be your gateway to TV time. Send in a pic to SX of you sitting on your bike, in your garage, watching SX on your bar pad.
jeffro503
6/16/2018 9:23am
OK........Chilsom got knocked out pretty bad at the last round , and he's out there riding today?
6/16/2018 9:29am
Cody Williams is listed on a CRF250 in the 450 class. Does anybody know if he's actually riding a 250 this week? He usually races the...
Cody Williams is listed on a CRF250 in the 450 class. Does anybody know if he's actually riding a 250 this week? He usually races the 250 class so I'm wondering if he picked up a 450 and the AMA or whomever has it listed wrong.
mj731 wrote:
He is riding a 450, I think for the rest of the season. I think it's a good move for him
I agree. Looking good for a top 20 today if all goes well. Thanks for the info.

The Shop

6/16/2018 9:40am
Sideways wrote:
Theres nothing we can do about it but damn that 450 field is week.
mulletman wrote:
Doesn’t tomac have 2 national titles? And bagget 1? And Kenny 2, along with a world title? And Marv has 2 world titles as well? Doesn’t...
Doesn’t tomac have 2 national titles?
And bagget 1?
And Kenny 2, along with a world title?
And Marv has 2 world titles as well?

Doesn’t look “week” to me, at least not at the pointy end.
Roczen 5th , 4 sec slower ... a lap but it doesnt look week ?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
6/16/2018 9:50am
EnvyMedia wrote:
That's way too distracting.
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I guess glancing at your speedometer while you drive is distracting too.
EnvyMedia wrote:
You don't see a difference between glancing at your speedo on a pavement road doing regulated speed versus trying to read something on your bars going...
You don't see a difference between glancing at your speedo on a pavement road doing regulated speed versus trying to read something on your bars going as fast as you can on a dirt bike?
Yeah taking your eyes off the road with 100's of cars around you with drivers shaving, reading news papers, eating serials, speeding, texting, vlogging, driving with their knees so they can stuff a Big Mac in their mouth, drunk/stone drivers, etc. is so much safer.

Takes a split second to look at your bar pad when you're in the air or straightaway. The exact same amount of time it takes them to look at their heart rate monitor watch.

Crockett on the previous page said he already does it at the track and in the woods and that it works great.

I guess by your knowledge they should get rid of the pit boards because they have to take their eyes off the track while trying to go as fast as they can. (Eye roll).

And honda341 I did moto for a number of years but riding career was cut short. Click my profile and you'll see why. And yes like a pit board but they can look at it when they want not only when they go by the mechanics area with a bunch of other pit boards being shown.
honda341
6/16/2018 10:12am
Ah, in the woods. Yes, their are some incredibly fast woods riders and their acts are daring and crazy,,, but MOST woods riders aren't nearly as intense as the guys that are racing in nationals. Some jumps, maybe. Straights... again, don't see it happening and riders will see it less than they see the current pitboards. In theory, great idea... In practice, not happening. But I could be wrong. Your comparison with riding a bike like driving a car just shows your understanding of riding at a pace.
6/16/2018 10:47am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Yeah taking your eyes off the road with 100's of cars around you with drivers shaving, reading news papers, eating serials, speeding, texting, vlogging, driving with...
Yeah taking your eyes off the road with 100's of cars around you with drivers shaving, reading news papers, eating serials, speeding, texting, vlogging, driving with their knees so they can stuff a Big Mac in their mouth, drunk/stone drivers, etc. is so much safer.

Takes a split second to look at your bar pad when you're in the air or straightaway. The exact same amount of time it takes them to look at their heart rate monitor watch.

Crockett on the previous page said he already does it at the track and in the woods and that it works great.

I guess by your knowledge they should get rid of the pit boards because they have to take their eyes off the track while trying to go as fast as they can. (Eye roll).

And honda341 I did moto for a number of years but riding career was cut short. Click my profile and you'll see why. And yes like a pit board but they can look at it when they want not only when they go by the mechanics area with a bunch of other pit boards being shown.
First of all I said distracting not dangerous. All the shit you stated people do on the road is totally irrelevant because they're just as dangerous even if you pay 1000% attention yourself.

Now, you really think looking at your speedo, that's right there in line of sight, a needle that indicates a speed and shows a position that's well in your memory, is more difficult than looking down while going through bumps, corners or whatever trying to literally read what the thing's saying? That is going to make you lose time 100% for certain. A human, especially in a stressful situation just takes too long to read.

How many times you hear a rider say he didn't even read his pit board all race? How many times do you hear F1 drivers say "shut up I don't need to hear about the race I'm trying to focus".

Really I don't even know why I'm typing this out.
6/16/2018 11:07am
All of it really doesn't matter. These guys can see where the others are at on the track. You can hear and feel them behind you. The only useful info they actually can use to their benefit is how much time is left, which a pit board does just fine.

Post a reply to: High Point MX - Practice Discussion

The Latest