High Point MX - Practice Discussion

honda341
6/16/2018 8:06am
honda341 wrote:
GD2, Plano/San Marcos, Texas? That's cool. I'm in Allen. Do you get to ride much? Back on topic, super pumped for racing today!!! Hope Bagget and...
GD2, Plano/San Marcos, Texas? That's cool. I'm in Allen. Do you get to ride much?

Back on topic, super pumped for racing today!!! Hope Bagget and Martin come out swinging and do well!!!
GD2 wrote:
Nice! I used to ride fairly often but I sold my bike before I went to college. I've ridden a handful of times since, but it's...
Nice! I used to ride fairly often but I sold my bike before I went to college. I've ridden a handful of times since, but it's been on borrowed bikes. I'll be buying a new bike shortly after I graduate.
Cool man!!! Well, when you do, hit me up! I try to ride every other weekend and have a baby on the way so that will change, but would be happy to meet ya out at the track.341 on the ragged out cr 125 or 34 on the beater crf 450
CLT809
Fantasy
9th
6/16/2018 8:09am
RangerLee wrote:
What happened to jake masterpool?
He’s riding at home this weekend, just doing select rounds I believe.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
6/16/2018 8:14am
ocscottie wrote:
..and now he goes 3rd, He must read Vital!!! Laughing
This actually just made me think of something new.

With fatbars having square bar pads I'm surprised no one has come up with an electronic screen/phone size device to put in the bar pad to relay messages to riders in big letters. Kind of like a modern pager.

They can't have communications devices in their helmets but I don't think there would be anything against that since it would be a one way thing. I think it would be more effective than the pit board.
GD2
Fantasy
854th
6/16/2018 8:21am
honda341 wrote:
Cool man!!! Well, when you do, hit me up! I try to ride every other weekend and have a baby on the way so that will...
Cool man!!! Well, when you do, hit me up! I try to ride every other weekend and have a baby on the way so that will change, but would be happy to meet ya out at the track.341 on the ragged out cr 125 or 34 on the beater crf 450
Will do!

The Shop

honda341
6/16/2018 8:21am Edited Date/Time 6/16/2018 8:22am
Yeah because texting and driving(reading a text) is totally safe... Why not texting(reading a text) and riding?
GD2
Fantasy
854th
6/16/2018 8:28am
250 B Quali 2:

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
6/16/2018 8:30am
honda341 wrote:
Yeah because texting and driving(reading a text) is totally safe... Why not texting(reading a text) and riding?
Not talking about sending messages like stay calm, breathe, relax, etc. but rider position, lap times. Big numbers saying 8th, etc.

They wear heart rate monitor watches while racing and take a look at those. I guess those are unsafe as well.
bsharkey
6/16/2018 8:35am
ocscottie wrote:
hmmm, this was not the gear he was wearing. @kenroczen94 fifth fastest in the second timed 450 session. ? @kardyphoto A post shared by Racer X...
hmmm, this was not the gear he was wearing.

@kenroczen94 fifth fastest in the second timed 450 session. ? @kardyphoto

A post shared by Racer X Online (@racerxonline) on Jun 16, 2018 at 7:31am PDT

GD2 wrote:
GuyB said signal there is nearly non-existent. They may be struggling to get pics up.
I'm surprised they don't bring in one of those portable cell towers that's what they do at Washougal it used to be the same way now it's great
500guy
6/16/2018 8:40am
Who ever the spammer guy is He seems to know when the place isn't being guarded.

every race weekend it's the same shit.
crockett
6/16/2018 8:42am
ocscottie wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
This actually just made me think of something new. With fatbars having square bar pads I'm surprised no one has come up with an electronic screen/phone...

With fatbars having square bar pads I'm surprised no one has come up with an electronic screen/phone size device to put in the bar pad to relay messages to riders in big letters. Kind of like a modern pager.

They can't have communications devices in their helmets but I don't think there would be anything against that since it would be a one way thing. I think it would be more effective than the pit board.
You mean like a fitness armband to hold your phone while running?
I use that with the RacerOne app while at the track
And Strava when I'm riding woods. Works great.
smoothwakey
Fantasy
200th
6/16/2018 8:43am
honda341 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Not talking about sending messages like stay calm, breathe, relax, etc. but rider position, lap times. Big numbers saying 8th, etc. They wear heart rate monitor...
Not talking about sending messages like stay calm, breathe, relax, etc. but rider position, lap times. Big numbers saying 8th, etc.

They wear heart rate monitor watches while racing and take a look at those. I guess those are unsafe as well.
Yeah imagine knowing the gap between you and the leader or even just minutes to go. Really just having pit board at the bar pad but the rider could look at it when they are comfortable
GD2
Fantasy
854th
6/16/2018 8:44am
500guy wrote:
Who ever the spammer guy is He seems to know when the place isn't being guarded.

every race weekend it's the same shit.
I just clipped one of his accounts earlier. He always comes back.
make1go
6/16/2018 8:45am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Not talking about sending messages like stay calm, breathe, relax, etc. but rider position, lap times. Big numbers saying 8th, etc. They wear heart rate monitor...

or, or a pit board?
jeffro503
6/16/2018 8:46am
Is there no live qualifying stream today? on my nbc app it isn't showing one......just the moto's.
6/16/2018 8:46am
ocscottie wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
This actually just made me think of something new. With fatbars having square bar pads I'm surprised no one has come up with an electronic screen/phone...

That's way too distracting.
Dimblewambie
6/16/2018 8:50am
jeffro503 wrote:
Is there no live qualifying stream today? on my nbc app it isn't showing one......just the moto's.
Started at 7am Pacific.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
6/16/2018 8:51am
ocscottie wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:

EnvyMedia wrote:
I guess glancing at your speedometer while you drive is distracting too.
6/16/2018 8:53am Edited Date/Time 6/16/2018 8:54am
Cody Williams is listed on a CRF250 in the 450 class. Does anybody know if he's actually riding a 250 this week? He usually races the 250 class so I'm wondering if he picked up a 450 and the AMA or whomever has it listed wrong.
ocscottie
6/16/2018 8:54am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

I get what you are saying, like the modern F1 steering wheels. Just the LED read out screen.

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
6/16/2018 9:00am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

make1go wrote:
or, or a pit board?
Pit boards are old school. Sure they work but the mechanics only put them out for a couple seconds in one specific area. Sometimes multiple pit boards are out at the same time which is obviously not ideal. Most of the time the riders don't even bother looking at it and they admit it.

Just think what I mentioned would be more effective. Can look at it when they want.

Then Sheheen will have a good case for saying the rider slowed down just enough to get the 2 lap board lol.
brycepdh
6/16/2018 9:01am
when do the motos start? dont give me a time, give me how long until would be appreciated
brycepdh
6/16/2018 9:04am
2AM here now, not sure if i should stay up. its tempting.... may as well watch emx 250 to kill time
Question
6/16/2018 9:05am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

ocscottie wrote:
I get what you are saying, like the modern F1 steering wheels. Just the LED read out screen. [img]https://images.cdn.circlesix.co/image/1/1000/0/uploads/articles/a9wwsne-56ba19c6c9d96.jpg[/img]
I get what you are saying, like the modern F1 steering wheels. Just the LED read out screen.

Pfff all these buttons and not even a couple for some NOS WoohooWoohooWoohoo
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
6/16/2018 9:07am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

ocscottie wrote:
I get what you are saying, like the modern F1 steering wheels. Just the LED read out screen. [img]https://images.cdn.circlesix.co/image/1/1000/0/uploads/articles/a9wwsne-56ba19c6c9d96.jpg[/img]

Exactly just the key essentials. If a rider knows his position, lap time, gap of rider in front/back of him he'll know when to push or when to back it down.

I just think the pit board is outdated that's all. Could keep them around to read the sponsors when a rider gets a podium lol. That's about the only place they look at it.
6/16/2018 9:08am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Pit boards are old school. Sure they work but the mechanics only put them out for a couple seconds in one specific area. Sometimes multiple pit...
Pit boards are old school. Sure they work but the mechanics only put them out for a couple seconds in one specific area. Sometimes multiple pit boards are out at the same time which is obviously not ideal. Most of the time the riders don't even bother looking at it and they admit it.

Just think what I mentioned would be more effective. Can look at it when they want.

Then Sheheen will have a good case for saying the rider slowed down just enough to get the 2 lap board lol.
Ralph’s a dipshit for even suggesting that.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
6/16/2018 9:11am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

ocscottie wrote:

Question wrote:
Pfff all these buttons and not even a couple for some NOS WoohooWoohooWoohoo
DRS. Same thing.
Question
6/16/2018 9:11am
The indications that would be cool and improve safety would be to have lights on the visor to indicate each flag (lights based on track position).

A big example was during Alessi's mega crash, or simply at Thunder Valley with Plessinger's bike in the middle of the track. With the current technology, it is something possible without too much cost.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
6/16/2018 9:15am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Pit boards are old school. Sure they work but the mechanics only put them out for a couple seconds in one specific area. Sometimes multiple pit...

Ralph’s a dipshit for even suggesting that.
Love him or hate him, he's always good for a laugh.
6/16/2018 9:18am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

EnvyMedia wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I guess glancing at your speedometer while you drive is distracting too.
You don't see a difference between glancing at your speedo on a pavement road doing regulated speed versus trying to read something on your bars going as fast as you can on a dirt bike?

Post a reply to: High Point MX - Practice Discussion

The Latest