Hi Aussies little question for you guys!

MXMattii
Hi guys! I checked mine three "where to go to" Aussie Moto-websites.
Fullnoise.com.au
Transmoto.com.au
motoonline.com.au

But non of them are reporting on the Manjimup 15,000. What is happening? Do the media have a beef with the organizers? Why is the manjimup not part of the Aussie Nationals by the way, if they would do that and then hire some wildcards such as Damon Graulus and others like in the past that would be very cool to see.

But the main question I got: Why is non of them writing about the race? Oh and how does it work? Just four moto's and a Americano (last few drops off) race to determine who wins the event?
|
plowboy
6/3/2018 4:28pm
MXMattii wrote:
Hi guys! I checked mine three "where to go to" Aussie Moto-websites. Fullnoise.com.au Transmoto.com.au motoonline.com.au But non of them are reporting on the Manjimup 15,000. What...
Fullnoise.com.au
Transmoto.com.au
motoonline.com.au

But non of them are reporting on the Manjimup 15,000. What is happening? Do the media have a beef with the organizers? Why is the manjimup not part of the Aussie Nationals by the way, if they would do that and then hire some wildcards such as Damon Graulus and others like in the past that would be very cool to see.

But the main question I got: Why is non of them writing about the race? Oh and how does it work? Just four moto's and a Americano (last few drops off) race to determine who wins the event?
I don't know doodlie about Aussie anything but I do know your tag line vid clip is very distracting. Change it...no don't change it. See, what I mean? Just a comment.
micmac92
6/3/2018 6:31pm
just had a look at those 3 also and i would say waiting on press release from event and or riders to come out.
Fullnoise has it on instagram where majority of our attention is dedicated to these days. But unless you know that its gibbsy and kyle webster standing beside ferris you only know that dean won.
The event itself, manjimup 15,000 have good facebook page if you jump over there, no results from what i can see yet.
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
6/3/2018 7:23pm
MXMattii wrote:
Hi guys! I checked mine three "where to go to" Aussie Moto-websites. Fullnoise.com.au Transmoto.com.au motoonline.com.au But non of them are reporting on the Manjimup 15,000. What...
Fullnoise.com.au
Transmoto.com.au
motoonline.com.au

all three of those sites are east coast based, the Manjiump race is on the west coast, and not part of the national series,
its not that big of a race on the national scene, but big for the Western Australian's,
6/3/2018 8:14pm
It's definitely lost some love over the years. Maybe they can't get the big purse money there anymore to draw the big names so lost some of the prestige. World class track though. How good were the des Nations back in 92 there! West Aussie's sure know how to party afterwards too.

The Shop

micmac92
6/3/2018 8:33pm
its a fairly (or was a fairly) iconic event that should still be held up there, so not sure on why no media on it or having to really search it out. Prizemoney wise a quick look at the supp regs, it looks like dean should have come away with a few grand in the back pocket for the win so thats not to be sneezed at especially for aus standards.
6/3/2018 9:43pm Edited Date/Time 6/3/2018 9:44pm
Ferris would have gone home with $7000 winning the shootout and overall, but this year there was signs that the promoter is in my opinion charging to much, cost $140 to enter then $30 a spectator numbers were lower then usual. And motoonline have something up now but for some reason I couldn’t get the link up here.
Whitey
6/4/2018 2:22am
I have been twice in the last 25 years after going every year from 1980 to 1993 and it just isnt the same. No star power with riders, too expensive, too many rules, just a sign of the times really.

Back when i was going every year it was easily the biggest stand alone race in Australia, comparable to the Mr Motocross series that was run at the same time. All the big time Aussies / Teams would ride and there would always be a couple of Internationals as well.

I am a little over 2 hours away and dont even go.
6/4/2018 2:46am
Whitey wrote:
I have been twice in the last 25 years after going every year from 1980 to 1993 and it just isnt the same. No star power...
I have been twice in the last 25 years after going every year from 1980 to 1993 and it just isnt the same. No star power with riders, too expensive, too many rules, just a sign of the times really.

Back when i was going every year it was easily the biggest stand alone race in Australia, comparable to the Mr Motocross series that was run at the same time. All the big time Aussies / Teams would ride and there would always be a couple of Internationals as well.

I am a little over 2 hours away and dont even go.
I agree,In the 80's it was a massive event especially after Jimmy Ellis made and a appearance.
I live in East of Aussie and have drove twice and flew once to watch the event.Times have changed,,very sad
Jrewing
6/4/2018 3:44am
Moto-online is just a PR machine for Kev Williams. Fullnoise i prefer.
Shame Manjimup is not big anymore. The sport is shrinking atbthe race level
MJC
6/4/2018 3:53am
Jrewing wrote:
Moto-online is just a PR machine for Kev Williams. Fullnoise i prefer.
Shame Manjimup is not big anymore. The sport is shrinking atbthe race level
Yep Motoonline has been pus for about 5 years now, I probably look at it one a month and think why bother. There’s so little reporting done in Oz moto, I don’t have Instagram but that seems where you’ll find the most info
BS12
6/4/2018 11:49pm
Was there this year for the first time since I raced it in 01. I actually thought it was a good crowd, but those that attend every year were quick to tell me otherwise.

Ferris was the man to beat all day, however Gibbs wasn't far off. Gibbs won 2 of the 4 shoot out laps, however Ferris won the one that counted (the final). Gibbs also won at least 1 of the All Stars motos (I didn't hang around for the last one) however Ferris was the big winner on the day.

Kyle Webster put in some good rides, as did Jayden Rykers.

Megan Rutledge and Maddy Jones had arguably one of the best races of the day in women's class, where Rutledge lead the entire 10 min + 1 (?) moto but with Jones creeping up on here the entire race, setting up a 2 lap battle that came right down the last half lap.

I was stoked to see so many 2 strokes out there (hadn't been to the races in a long while).

Enjoyable day and a good event from my perspective.
MXMattii
6/5/2018 9:40am
Could it be revitalized by making it a national? Or what would be a possible solution. I know this year the Belgian Damon Graulus raced there.

Post a reply to: Hi Aussies little question for you guys!

The Latest