Hey guys what’s works best for removing graphic glue?

face biter
6/7/2021 8:45am
Dynamite, or a cutting torch, or both at the same time.
FWYT
6/7/2021 11:08am
I haven't tried the WD40 method but I have tried all the other mentioned liquids and I just end up with a mess
that takes forever to clean.

So far the best way I've found is to use some heat when removing them in the first place and then using the
sticky side of the graphics to pick up the remaining glue. I'll try WD40 next time, as well.
FGR01
Fantasy
1222nd
6/7/2021 11:23am
I just removed and replaced the WP stickers on my forks. Used a heat gun and it barely helped. The plastic sticker came off but left all the thick, sticky adhesive on the fork. That glue laughed at basically every suggestion in this thread. Things like contact cleaner, brake cleaner, goo gone, basically just evaporated and left the glue even stickier than before. Using the old sticker to "dab" the adhesive up was completely fruitless. Gas and WD-40 are the best bets.
Supermega1
6/7/2021 1:14pm
3M Orange Citrus cleaner. Spray on let sit, scrape off with a plastic razor blade.

Also works great for the foam tape used to hold on vehicle badges.

The Shop

B Lenny
6/9/2021 7:36pm
Fuckin' rookies this shit is the truth and won't mess up your Plastic...Cool

PTshox
6/10/2021 1:00am

You can also go to a auto paint store... they will have spray can sticker and adhesive removers. 3 m makes one as do others.
6/10/2021 5:56am
yota wrote:
zylene. WD40 is an oil and as such you will have to get it all off to apply more graphics.
I second Xylene. Pick it up next to the paint at your local Home Depot or Lowes (Not available in CA) This will work better then most of the other cleaners. It will get all the glue off and wont saturate or dull the plastics so your new kit will stick on nice once you clean all the xylene off with rubbing alcohol. Best method is to apply xylene to a rag then wipe in the areas of adhesive enough to soak the adhesive but not too much that you make a mess. Let one panel soak while you move to the next. After a minute or two the adhesive should wipe off nicely once the adhesive softens. If not repeat once or twice if the kits been in the shed for years. Once that's finished clean up with alcohol. Make sure to throw the rags in a safe bin and use some gloves. (not available in CA for a reason)
slipdog
6/10/2021 8:05am
FGR01 wrote:
I just removed and replaced the WP stickers on my forks. Used a heat gun and it barely helped. The plastic sticker came off but left...
I just removed and replaced the WP stickers on my forks. Used a heat gun and it barely helped. The plastic sticker came off but left all the thick, sticky adhesive on the fork. That glue laughed at basically every suggestion in this thread. Things like contact cleaner, brake cleaner, goo gone, basically just evaporated and left the glue even stickier than before. Using the old sticker to "dab" the adhesive up was completely fruitless. Gas and WD-40 are the best bets.
Haha, this thread had me thinking about the WP stickers. By far the worst fork stickers ever made. I won't even take them off anymore, just tell the customers I'll gladly install new wraps on clean forks or they can have a set to put on themselves.
H4L
6/11/2021 9:18pm
3M08984
dpingree101
6/11/2021 9:50pm
Goof Off ... can find it almost anywhere. Amazing stuff.
Rooster
6/12/2021 9:56am
The best advice in this thread is everybody suggesting to use heat when removing the decals.

You leave 10% of the adhesive behind compared to just pulling them off.

Once you've got them off, any good solvent will take care of the rest. If you have a goopy mess that's impossible to clean, it's because you didn't use heat to remove the decals.

If you're stuck with a goopy mess, they sell plastic razor blades you can use to scrape your plastics clean (with a solvent) that won't scratch your plastics.

Post a reply to: Hey guys what’s works best for removing graphic glue?

The Latest