Hey Vital - help a brother out!

Bineano
4/29/2017 1:07pm
Ahhh, same dealio for me Dirtnapper :-(
Surgery on both ankles, laid up for awhile and on the meds.
Some good stories here for sure!
Nighttrain
4/29/2017 4:23pm
My 2 young sons and I were riding some wet mountain trails in the North Georgia mountains. My youngest, who never had much risk aversion, was going through puddles so deep on his CRF50 that one was over the gas tank and seat.

The 50 sucked water into the cylinder and locked up. We were a long ways from my truck. A family of backwoods folks came by on quads with coolers. They shifted stuff around put the 50 on a quad and carried it back to the parking lot. That's the last time I ever made a snide remark about quad riders. Nice folks.

The Dad on the quad said he was a mechanic, hated seeing our ride cut short, and instructed me to take out the spark plug and air filter. The dude went to work with 3 cans of carb cleaner spraying it in the carb, cylinder, damn near the whole engine on the outside and on my legs as I was standing over the bike holding it up.

He said "kick it a few times". In a brilliant move I'd put the spark plug in the harness so I wouldn't lose it. First kick, spark plug sparks and the bike plus my legs are all in flames. My older son, a Cub Scout, is running around yelling "Stop, Drop and Roll!!!!!". The quad family scattered except the Dad. I drop the bike to put out the fire on my legs. It's never good to see your crotch in flames.

The mechanic calmly takes his blue jean jacket off and lays it on the CRF50. With the flames extinguished we put the plug in, crank the 50, genuinely thanked the quad riders for their rescue/repair, and rode for another hour that day. Quality family time for sure.
dirtnapper
5/4/2017 7:55pm
Well I for one am looking forward to Ryan Dungey winning his 4th 450 Supercross Championship this Sat!
Cool

The Shop

friday10
5/5/2017 7:08am
Turbojez wrote:
I sold my bike on sunday. I cannot believe how empty inside one can feel. I had it for 4 years and it was my first...
I sold my bike on sunday. I cannot believe how empty inside one can feel. I had it for 4 years and it was my first bike, I'm completely heart broken, but it was high time to let it go...

Get well soon mate!

What fork oil do you think Antonio Cairoli uses?
Olive oil!

Post a reply to: Hey Vital - help a brother out!

The Latest