Hey Vital - help a brother out!

Related:
Create New Tag

4/26/2017 1:12 AM

Yesterday morning I went under the knife for a minor surgery on my left foot. After an amazing day of blurry naps, hazy conversations with my kids, and just general euphoric drug induced highs and lows, I came to the realization that I'll be on my back with my foot elevated for the next 3 - 5 days. I'm gonna be bored ( not bored or anything but super bored....silly ) hence my posting at 2:07 am....

That's where you all come in!!

Lets start a random moto thread!!

Share a story, a picture, a video clip, a saying or quote, or anything related! Just add something to the thread and let's see how fun and entertaining we can make this.

I hope guys contribute , it will help pass the time. If not, oh well, I'll take a nap, order a pizza, doesn't really matter.....

Have a great week all cool

|

4/26/2017 1:21 AM

Here`s a random little story, or not really a story but a video. From a training camp in 2014. This was the last day of the camp, so it we did a little fun race. I came up behind this guy, dont know if he had never raced and got stressed or something, but it was funny anyways.
sketch

|

4/26/2017 2:33 AM

I sold my bike on sunday. I cannot believe how empty inside one can feel. I had it for 4 years and it was my first bike, I'm completely heart broken, but it was high time to let it go...

Get well soon mate!

What fork oil do you think Antonio Cairoli uses?

|

4/26/2017 2:39 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/26/2017 2:42 AM

Turbojez wrote:

I sold my bike on sunday. I cannot believe how empty inside one can feel. I had it for 4 years and it was my first bike, I'm ...more

Yeeeaaaa! Its 3:34 am and I already have two replys so far!

I feel your pain Turbo - I once sold a dirt bike I truly loved and when the guys loaded it in their truck, they shut the gas petcock off and layed the bike on its side in the box!!! I just about cried!

As for AC's oil fork oil, I have no idea but he better keep using it cause buddy is still absoluty slayin it over there against all the young bucks!cool Forget checkin sprocket bolts, it's probably the fork oil!!

|

4/26/2017 2:50 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/26/2017 2:51 AM

Right now, you can expect replies from Europe mostly, will have to wait for another few hours to get some from the US or Canada, time zones are on your side, 24/7 entertainment from all around the world wink

I think I just need to get myself a new bike ASAP to dry the tears. Will go to check out an RM 250 on friday. One hell of a birthday present I could do to myself!

What did they do to your foot? Pics? silly

Short question: Eli or Ryan?

|

4/26/2017 3:04 AM

My buddy and i were out trail riding when were about 13/14 years old , his kdx ran out of fuel ,my IT 125 still had some . What to do ? We searched around until we finally found a cup in the weeds , genius ! we are the smartest kids alive ! That was the day we both found out you can't put gasoline in a Styrofoam cup .

|

4/26/2017 5:23 AM

Summer of 1995, I was riding with my cousin at an ORV Park here in Michigan. "The Mounds" I had my new KTM 250 EXC. Our day was done and it was time to load up and head home. I had my dad's pick-up and was using an old piece of lumber as a ramp. I made the call to ride up the ramp, hit it at a decent speed and went up into the bed nice and easy. Well, I didn't stop quick enough and hit the back of the cab and tipped over. My leg became trapped in between the truck and bike. So there I was, hanging upside down, trapped. My cousin was laughing to the point of nearly passings out. After a few seconds of embarrassment he and some strangers pushed the bike up and I fell to the ground with a thud. Nothing broken, only thing hurt was my pride. Happened in front of maybe 50 people. Quite possibly the most embarrassing riding story of my life. Hope this made you smile, get well soon.

|

4/26/2017 5:50 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/26/2017 7:19 AM

For some reason this random story came to mind. Went to pick up a friend to go ride (believe it was junior year) I forgot my wallet at home and we needed some gas. Instead of being smart about it and either him paying for gas seeing I was driving or heading back home to get my wallet, we decided to try and siphon gas from a farm truck on his property. Cut up an old hose and crammed it into the tank. Went back and forth trying our best. My last try left me sucking gas through my nose which burned like hell, left me higher than a kite, and sicker than a dog. Still rode that day, but caught an ear full from my dad and learned siphoning gas is not as easy as the movies make it out to be.

Get well my friend!

|

4/26/2017 7:03 AM

I learned a valuable lesson about the "vital" role oil plays in a 2 stroke motor. Forgot to put more oil in my TM100 oil tank (it was oil injected) and went out for a good ride as a 12 year old. Man, my bike was running crisp! Until it stopped dead in its tracks, just locked up. Had to push the mother a good 2 miles home. Had a very knowledgable older friend help me so we took off the head and found a crater sized hole in the piston. That is when I discovered how much a top and bottom end rebuild cost me in 1975. My Dad made me pay every penny I had from a job I had cutting grass. 114.00 later I was back on the bike and my oil tank was never empty again. Feel better!

|

"If you don't put your work ahead of your talent, you won't win." Mike Babcock

4/26/2017 7:21 AM

My random moto story of the day-

Back in the 80s I used to drive an old beat to sh!t Ford truck to the races. It was rusted out like crazy and was always covered in dirt, I never washed it, not even once. Because it was always dirty my homeskillets thought it was funny to always scrawl "Unmarked Police Vehicle" on the side of it in the dirt.

Here is the moto part. I made it to the races one fine Sunday morning and found a pit spot. Unbeknownst to me, I had parked right next to an older guy with two Smoke'n hot daughters. After unpacking some of my gear I saw the girls, the blonde was hot as F and kept staring at (more like towards) me. I wanted to show the girlie just how "cool" I was so I decided to unload my bike by jumping it off the tailgate instead of using a ramp. Amazing how slick a night's worth of dew can make a metal pick-up truck bed. Needless to say I endo'ed my brains out off the tailgate while both the girls watched the whole debacle. After I fell, the cute blonde walks over, I was guessing to see if I was hurt, so my heart started racing. Girl walks over with a concerned look on her face and says "Is your truck really an unmarked police vehicle?".

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

4/26/2017 7:31 AM

One of my last hurrahs on 85's is a knee slapper (now that its a 11-12 year old story). My dad did a rebuild on my Cr85 and I had just laced up some pretty red pro-wheel rims for it. He told me to remind him to torque the front wheel bolts down, needless to say we forgot. They were tightened slightly but not yet torqued. Made it the whole day at a local track (Big Cedar Mx) riding. Well, it turned in to one of those 1 more lap things and sure enough, hit a small double and off drifted the front tire. From dirtbike to snowmobile just like that. I won't disclose whether or not I pissed myself, but you can make of it what you will lol. Walked away with about a 1" laceration to my right elbow and sore as hell. Believe it or not, I got lucky. The next jump in line was 70ft table I had just started jumping.

Wish you a full and speedy recovery man! I have a few more good ones so if the thread experiences a drought I will chime in again over your healing process. Please feel free to laugh at the above story. Me and my dad still get a kick out of it. I may even be guilty of giving him a guilt trip or two. He felt horrible.

|

4/26/2017 7:41 AM

Currently torquing my sproket bolts, sorry buddy I can't take a pics at the moment.

Have a good recovery!
|

4/26/2017 7:41 AM

A buddy of mine recently went through a similar experience as you. He still talks about the shot of liquid Demerol they gave him, and how wonderful it made him feel. dizzy grin

|

4/26/2017 7:46 AM

So I moved to Florida when I turned 21. Actually traveled there by train with my best friend at the time which was a blast in itself. This was in 1995 and a one way ticket to West Palm Beach with the freedom to get on and off the train anywhere we wanted was only something like $170. I was like hell yeah we'll take two!!! We ended up taking a train from LA to Chicago to Maryland, to New York, and then all the way down to West Palm Beach. It was by far one of the best trips I've ever taken in my life so far. So much fun seeing all the different cities and different people. All we took with us was clothes, music, our bmx bikes, and rollerblades.blink Yes rollerblades. I actually rollerbladed around the White House in DC.w00t We saw a homeless man try to sell his wife for money on the subway in NYC and nobody even cared. My buddy and I were like WTF??? It took us about 3 weeks to get to Florida because of all the stops we made. We had family in a couple places which helped out. And the price to go straight from LA to West Palm Beach with less stops was going to be like $10 cheaper. That trip I'm guessing would cost so much more money to do these days.

Anyways. We get off the train in West Palm and I'm like WTF it's so humid here! How do people handle this shit? So I ended up staying for 7 1/2 years and loved it. Went to college in Orlando. Made so many road trips and just traveled around while I was going to college. Went to a million concerts. Oh and the moto side of things. I went to a shit ton of races. Went to Tampa SX, Orlando SX, Daytona SX, and Atlanta SX every year.

I miss those years.

|

How's My Posting?

Call 1-800-VITALMX

**Voted top 50 most prolific forum posters for 2016**

4/26/2017 8:13 AM

gt80rider wrote:

My random moto story of the day-

Back in the 80s I used to drive an old beat to sh!t Ford truck to the races. It was rusted ...more

laughing laughing that made me laugh! Sorry about your misfortune though.

Some buddies and I were riding in a local, well known, large wash that runs from a town east of us all the way out to the beach. Well, we were all going through the wash at pretty good speed, all of us on 125's and 250f's except for one friend that only had a beat up CR80. My buddy on the 80 was 5th gear wide open when he hit a piece of drift wood that had swept down the week before during a heavy rain. His legs literally went straight up over his head and the back end of the bike kicked up so hard and so fast. I thought he was going down and it was going to be ugly. Some how he didn't go down, but his eyes were as big as the goggle lens. It was pretty gnarly!!

Same ride, we were headed up a street and another buddy on a yz125 popped a wheelie and didn't realize he would get the traction that he did. The front wheel came up so fast and so high that his feet came off the pegs and rode in a superman wheelie for a good 60 feet. Somehow he never came off the bike and was able to save it. Never saw him do another wheelie on the street after that.

Also have another buddy who is really competitive like myself. When we were younger we always raced to see who was fastest. He would go balls out to pass me. Well, on two separate occasions he did pass me, but right after passing me he crashed right in front of me. I ran over him both times. Luckily he never got hurt. Now that we are a few years older we don't really do that crap anymore. He has his days and I have mine, lol
|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

4/26/2017 8:19 AM

maybe youll ...lol
Photo
[LINK TO IMAGE]
Photo

|

scte3.0 pro-line trinity tekin

4/26/2017 8:27 AM

Back in 1984 I found out Jeff Ward's phone number and called him. We couldn't get results until Cycle News came out on Wednesdays, I explained to Jeff I wanted to call him occasionally on Monday's to see how he did.
Jeff was super cool and nice to me, I would just call and ask how he did and pretty much say goodbye, I was to shy for small talk.
I had asked him for a Jersey, as I would be going to the 1984 Saddleback National. When I finally slipped into the pits at Saddleback he said he couldn't give me the jersey because there was an auction being held and he gave the jersey to that cause, I was bummed and my bro's thought I was full of it and that he never said he would give me a jersey.

Enter 1985. Jeff was in the hunt for the SX title. There was a long break before the final at The Rose Bowl in Pasadena and I called Jeff and told him I would be at the race and I would find him after for his jersey.
Crazy night of racing, we arrived at noon that day and yelled for hours while the racing was going on. Jeff won the title and after the race I told my bro's I'd be back and to wait at the truck. I found a large group walking into the pits and mingled with them to sneak inside the guarded entrance. I found Jeff sitting in a small lawn chair, he was glowing and steam was rising off him, I hollered over and said "Jeff you promised" and he reached into his bag and gave me the jersey. I ran back to my buddies and they were stunned, I wasn't lying after all. We left the parking lot at Midnight, greatest 12 hours I have ever spent at a SX race.

|

4/26/2017 8:39 AM

The Dale Jr. story reminded me of a Christmas of few years ago after Dale Sr. was killed. We were at a family members house and they had some relatives from back east with their kids. One of the kids gifts was a Dale Earnhardt car. After the gifts were all opened and the "adults" were hanging out together, I was playing with my kids and the new little kids we just met. Long story short (warning I'm probably going to sound like a cold hearted asshole) We opened up the Dale car and were playing around with it with the kids, being the smart ass dickhead that I am I rolled the car towards the wall and in my best redneck voice said "Turn left Dale turn left" and rolled the car into the wall..... right as mom and Dad came around the corner..... Their jaws dropped and they looked at me like I was Satan himself, "That was a collectors item !!, it wasn't supposed to be taken out of the package !!" And they were serious as a heart attack. That was our last Christmas with them.

|

4/26/2017 8:40 AM

Hope you heal up soon DN! Enjoy the time off while you can....great riding season coming up.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Ezza is Da man!

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

4/26/2017 9:11 AM

I peed my pants once while racing an enduro because it was cold and I was racing...

|

4/26/2017 9:15 AM

JRT812 wrote:

For some reason this random story came to mind. Went to pick up a friend to go ride (believe it was junior year) I forgot my ...more

Photo

|

4/26/2017 9:18 AM

order another pizza. Don't forget to call in sick at the car wash.

|

4/26/2017 9:25 AM

Christmas 99', wife surprised me with a new CR250. All my friends were just getting back into riding again, but with the new bike I was a little ahead. So I'd go out solo on Saturday mornings. Not to the track but a river bottom on the west side of town. I'd usually get there early and ride because late morning early afternoon the squids would arrive.

Anyhow, got the morning run in and was in the back of my truck strapping down the bike. Was thinking about the ride while listening to the radio, and the random goons whizzing by when all of the sudden I hear this faint "help me", at least I think I did. Stood up a little to make sure it wasn't the radio or mis-heard it. Looking around a bit I hear it again, "help me". Now I notice it's coming from behind me. I turn around and see this 8-9 year old kid half stumbling towards me. He has his hands partially cover his mouth and blood running through his fingers ( no helmet ). Look about fifty feet past him and see a 250ish quad upside down sputtering away. Seems he came up on the out side and high side of a bowl-oval other quads had made, endo'd and kissed the bar clamps.

I jumped out of the truck and ran over to him. He must have been in some kind of shock, because he wasn't crying and didn't seem to be in any real pain, just wide eye'd and confused. Got him calmed down a little and said, "let me see", he took his hands away and there ya go, upper and lowers punched out and or back. Told him it didn't look that bad but had a good cut on his lip. I was really surprised how well he was taking it, and asked if he was here with
anyone. Nods his head yes, "can you point to them". Yes again, and points to a group of cars about 100 yards away. " do you think you can walk over there", yes again.

We get about 50 feet away and I see what must have been his brother notices us coming. Yells to his dad, which then pops his head over the truck, and then starts booking over to us. Gets about 10 feet away, stops dead in his track , goes hyper wide eyed and jaw, and freezes. WTF, keep it together fool. Now the kid realizes something way wrong, and he starts freaking. Swear I could've clocked the old man. Somehow got them both calmed down, and told him to start packing it up and get going to the hospital. Get to my truck and what do I see, not the guy going to the hospital, but him and his buddy going to retrieve the quad. Good grief...I was think on the way home was probably the last thing his wife said the him that morning was, " make sure junior wears his helmet".

|

[Moto Creed-O: Take the High-Road.....Kick His Ass and Fuck His Chick

4/26/2017 9:38 AM

JRT812 wrote:

For some reason this random story came to mind. Went to pick up a friend to go ride (believe it was junior year) I forgot my ...more

rmoto003 wrote: Photo

haha... young, dumb, live and learn

|

4/26/2017 10:38 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/26/2017 11:20 AM

This thread delivers.. Got a good laugh at many of the stories so far! Here's a random one of mine. Nothing hilarious, but was pretty cool..

In 2011 I had a buddy who worked at the front desk of one of the Hilton hotels here in Charlotte. One day he calls me up and says "Hey! Sooo just wanted to give you the heads up that your boy Travis Pastrana and all his buddies are staying here at the hotel! They just got back from being gone all day and I heard them talking about everyone going to their rooms to shower up, then meet down here in the hotel bar". Turns out they were in town filming for the Nitro Circus TV show that used to air on MTV (the episode where they drove a NASCAR through the streets of downtown Charlotte)

I got off the phone, jumped in my truck, picked up a moto buddy and hauled ass to the Hilton. We walk into the bar area, and sure as shit, there's Travis and the entire (original) Nitro Circus crew - Jolene, Andy Bell, Special Greg, Jim DeChamp, Erik Roner even the producers Goeff Rowley and Jeff Tremaine. My buddy and look at each other like "!!!!!" and proceed to walk into the bar area. We walk by everyone, and sit down at a high top table near them. We try playing it cool but were both wearing moto shirts so I think it was pretty obvious to them that we knew who they were.

We finally broke the ice and started conversation - everyone was cool, as, shit! Travis is every bit of the down to earth, easy to talk to goofball of a guy that you know him to be. We had some beers and chatted it up with everyone, then Travis says to us "Hey guys we're going next door to get some sushi, wanna come?" Of course we said yes. At dinner, Travis bought a round of tequila shots for the whole table. Can't remember who paid for the food we ate but it damn sure wasn't us. After dinner, Travis went back to the hotel but the rest of the Nitro crew wanted to go to the bar across the street for some more drinks. Needless to say, my buddy and I continued to tag along. We had a killer time at the bar where many beers were had and the shenanigans continued. That was a great night..

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo
^^Yes, Andy Bell is a sicko lol

RIP Erik Roner

|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

4/26/2017 10:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/26/2017 10:52 AM

F150Motocrosser wrote:

This thread delivers.. Got a good laugh at many of the stories so far! Here's a random one of mine. Nothing hilarious, but was ...more

That is a pretty cool story and always wanted to meet TP. Everyone says they same thing about how is the same down to earth type of guy. Dude's face next to Andy in the last picture says it all about how the night went hahaha

|

4/26/2017 11:38 AM

F150Motocrosser wrote:

This thread delivers.. Got a good laugh at many of the stories so far! Here's a random one of mine. Nothing hilarious, but was ...more

Wonder who is lucky enough to backdoor this story. Beers with the Nitro Circus? My life as I knew it ten minutes ago, is a waste lol. Rad story though man, it's night like those where loose sprocket bolts are......okay.

|

4/26/2017 11:54 AM

Here's some reading material. And I swear every bit of this adventure is true.

http://unadillausgp.blogspot.com/?m=1

|

4/26/2017 12:04 PM

My story doesn't hold a light to these lol, but I'll tell the story of my only higher speed loop out ever that happened a couple months ago... Whenever I'm just play riding through the woods I like to try to jump random stuff, take crazy lines, wheelie off shit. Basically try to pull off some Graham Jarvis type stuff even though its no where close haha. Anyway I was riding with a buddy and his kid so they were taking it slow and I was just playing around. It's mostly sxs riders around here and there's one particular spot they all hangout. I know it sounds like I was trying to impress people but I literally was not. I came round the corner 3rd gear and was going to do a wheelie over a little mound after my forks compressed. Next I know the bike is about to fly out from under me, I miss the back brake, then my feet are desperately trying to keep up once they hit the ground. Before I knew it I was on my ass in front of 100's of people after my first loop out ever thinking how stupid that had to look!

|

Do You Even...

4/26/2017 1:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/26/2017 1:28 PM

Guys some GREAT stories here I'd like to respond to lots of them but quoting comments makes long threads and makes for frustrating reading sometimes, so thanks for the stories and the smiles!tongue. Some of you are ( were ) truly idiots! (....I've got a similar gas siphoning story...pinch )

laughing

Keep the thread alive , bros. We need more pics!

|