Hey Ping, you know who would be good for a 4 hour show?

5/8/2019 11:26am
Ping, You need to get Goose on the show. Mike has wrenched for the best, bound to have some great stories!
Moto Mofo
5/8/2019 11:40am Edited Date/Time 5/8/2019 11:40am
I’d like to hear an interview with Jody. Mainly because I can’t figure out if I should have a positive or negative opinion of the guy. Yeah, he’s been around a long time and seen/done a lot of things. But in the past, many of the things he wrote in MXA were extremely arrogant and condescending, much more so than he deserved to be. Many of the things he has claimed over the years have an NBC’s Brian Williams “I was there” kind of vibe. This, combined with the fact that all of the old timers I’ve spoken to from Central Texas (where he’s from) swear he was an arrogant prick who wasn’t liked by many, it’s always put a negative opinion into my head.

That being said, I’ve formulated the wrong impression about people before (who hasn’t?). Lots of people seem to love the guy. I’d love to hear what he has to say and try to change my own opinion.
peelout
5/8/2019 11:46am
Jlaw would be nuts.
GrapeApe wrote:
Lol, have you ever heard him interviewed? Uh, dude, uh , I mean, yeah, or, maybe no, or, wait, what was the question again, haha, sometime...
Lol, have you ever heard him interviewed? Uh, dude, uh , I mean, yeah, or, maybe no, or, wait, what was the question again, haha, sometime I just have a hard time remembering (hits himself in the forehead with a Vans)?
CDswinehart
5/8/2019 11:49am
How about:
Dave Antolak
Barry Higgins
Stig Pettersen
Norm Bigelow, Rick Asch, Mike McAndrew and Tom Morgan
Eric Crippa
Kenth Ohlin
Henry Rosenthal
Allen Greenwood
Jon R. and Keith McCarty

Well, as long as you're making lists....

The Shop

Ted722
5/8/2019 10:09pm
The fact Matthes stepped in here validates Whisky Throttle is on to something. Keep on keeping on Ping and keep on working on Jody! Woohoo
anniebertmojo
5/8/2019 10:42pm
For those who can remember... Jody did a interview back in 1984 on a Orange County Southern California radio station regarding the topic of motocross.
Crush
5/9/2019 12:44am
Fuck who knew podwars was a thing outside of George Lucas films.

There's plenty of listeners to go around, and speaking for myself as a moto-fan, as long as the content is good, add half a personality and not too many Rick-like technical moments i'm likely gonna tune in.
5/9/2019 12:57am
Lost in this whole , who’s better......have we considered how these podcasts expose the history and stories of a sport I hope we all love .
I’m sure many of us learn from each episode .The younger age group probably don’t buy books / magazines.
They will tune in though .
So I salute ALL quality exposure to our sport and it makes it more human , and the people get even more respect from me ......hell it just may make people on the fringe drawn deeper into the sickness that is moto ....

newmann
5/9/2019 7:24am
Careful Ping, Gibby has an itchy trigger finger. Had a good guy get taken out recently for less bickering than what is going on here...just sayin.

Laughing
OldPro277
5/9/2019 7:50am
Moto Mofo wrote:
I’d like to hear an interview with Jody. Mainly because I can’t figure out if I should have a positive or negative opinion of the guy...
I’d like to hear an interview with Jody. Mainly because I can’t figure out if I should have a positive or negative opinion of the guy. Yeah, he’s been around a long time and seen/done a lot of things. But in the past, many of the things he wrote in MXA were extremely arrogant and condescending, much more so than he deserved to be. Many of the things he has claimed over the years have an NBC’s Brian Williams “I was there” kind of vibe. This, combined with the fact that all of the old timers I’ve spoken to from Central Texas (where he’s from) swear he was an arrogant prick who wasn’t liked by many, it’s always put a negative opinion into my head.

That being said, I’ve formulated the wrong impression about people before (who hasn’t?). Lots of people seem to love the guy. I’d love to hear what he has to say and try to change my own opinion.
But the difference between Brian Williams and Jody was the fact that Jody WAS there .... and as far as being an arrogant prick, that part may come across a little,lol . However , being that Jody has a genius level IQ and hails from Central Texas, that may not have played well there, you know kinda like Sheldon Cooper ,who oddly enough also was raised in central Texas. (ficticious BBT character for those of you that aren't aware)
5/9/2019 8:16am
The comments in here are funny.

Weigandt just needs to come in here and shut everyone down with his Podcast song.

OldPro277
5/9/2019 8:34am
newmann wrote:
Careful Ping, Gibby has an itchy trigger finger. Had a good guy get taken out recently for less bickering than what is going on here...just sayin...
Careful Ping, Gibby has an itchy trigger finger. Had a good guy get taken out recently for less bickering than what is going on here...just sayin.

Laughing
Who got the gas chamber ,Joe??
TeamFlannel
5/9/2019 8:43am
I’m working on it
Arkmx wrote:
I vote for Hannah...!

Carlos Serrano too. Wink

I'll second both choices?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
5/9/2019 8:45am
newmann wrote:
Careful Ping, Gibby has an itchy trigger finger. Had a good guy get taken out recently for less bickering than what is going on here...just sayin...

Laughing
OldPro277 wrote:
TXDirt.

Jabroni as well.
Crossup
5/9/2019 9:04am
Ted722 wrote:
The fact Matthes stepped in here validates Whisky Throttle is on to something. Keep on keeping on Ping and keep on working on Jody! Woohoo
Yup seems to be too worried about whether he thinks he 'owns' the podcast space. There is not territory to fight over, just good content or bad. Pulp and WT have totally different format and content.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
806th
5/9/2019 9:07am Edited Date/Time 5/9/2019 9:07am
newmann wrote:

Laughing
OldPro277 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
TXDirt.

Jabroni as well.
TXDirt took a bullet for the betterment of the forum. It was an honorable death. lol
OldPro277
5/9/2019 9:16am
Didn't realize Jabroni got whacked, after his Keto posts ,I figured he just got tied up in his new adventure,lol. And I just don't remember TX doing anything "suspension-worthy" . Odd that those 2 dudes who are generally good-eggs get reprimanded and a goof like Barnett went months and months antagonizing people and turning every thread into a shit-fest before he was asked to vacate,lol. But Guy is the boss and I don't have my own forum , so I will respect his wishes and commands Cool
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
5/9/2019 9:25am
OldPro277 wrote:
Didn't realize Jabroni got whacked, after his Keto posts ,I figured he just got tied up in his new adventure,lol. And I just don't remember TX...
Didn't realize Jabroni got whacked, after his Keto posts ,I figured he just got tied up in his new adventure,lol. And I just don't remember TX doing anything "suspension-worthy" . Odd that those 2 dudes who are generally good-eggs get reprimanded and a goof like Barnett went months and months antagonizing people and turning every thread into a shit-fest before he was asked to vacate,lol. But Guy is the boss and I don't have my own forum , so I will respect his wishes and commands Cool
Not sure what TXDirt said for him to get the boot but Jabroni did turn that Keto thread into a shit show. He also made some pretty stupid comments in the Notre Dame Church thread so I can kind of see why he got the boot.

Anyway, here's a couple guys to have on the show.

Stephane Roncada
Sebastien Tortelli
OldPro277
5/9/2019 9:34am
Yeah, the dude doesn't take "constructive criticism" well, lol.

Also, having Jammin' Jimmy Weinert would be a blast. Maybe even him and Tony D at the same time
Flip109
5/9/2019 10:22am
Why people can’t see having multiple good shows around is beyond me. It’s like the guys on here that cry about how supercross is a joke and needs to go away so we can ONLY race outdoors. Or the ama vs mxgp shit. Just enjoy it all. It makes for more racing almost year round. More racing more moto entertainment. More shows and podcasts. More moto entertainment. It’s a win win all the way around. Who cares who was there first. Least we have a variety of moto shit to get us through the boring ass work week! Lol
Casting
5/9/2019 1:28pm
Flip109 wrote:
Why people can’t see having multiple good shows around is beyond me. It’s like the guys on here that cry about how supercross is a joke...
Why people can’t see having multiple good shows around is beyond me. It’s like the guys on here that cry about how supercross is a joke and needs to go away so we can ONLY race outdoors. Or the ama vs mxgp shit. Just enjoy it all. It makes for more racing almost year round. More racing more moto entertainment. More shows and podcasts. More moto entertainment. It’s a win win all the way around. Who cares who was there first. Least we have a variety of moto shit to get us through the boring ass work week! Lol
There is a lot of all or nothing / black and white thinking. Some people think that in order to be a fan of one thing then you have to dislike others as a default. Ex: Fan of Pulp and dislike other shows, or, Kawi fan and hate other brands.

People take sides on issues naturally. The healthier mindset is to be able to be somewhere in the middle, able to see the gray, be fans of multiple shows and brands.

Flip109
5/9/2019 2:04pm
Flip109 wrote:
Why people can’t see having multiple good shows around is beyond me. It’s like the guys on here that cry about how supercross is a joke...
Casting wrote:
There is a lot of all or nothing / black and white thinking. Some people think that in order to be a fan of one thing...
There is a lot of all or nothing / black and white thinking. Some people think that in order to be a fan of one thing then you have to dislike others as a default. Ex: Fan of Pulp and dislike other shows, or, Kawi fan and hate other brands.

People take sides on issues naturally. The healthier mindset is to be able to be somewhere in the middle, able to see the gray, be fans of multiple shows and brands.

It’s actually a really dominate male trait. Fight or flight sensory type thing or something. Men are typically all or nothing. Learned that in counseling ??
TeamFlannel
5/9/2019 6:59pm
I get it. But interviews aren’t the same when they’re not in person... it’s why every largely successful podcast or interview has the guest in the...
I get it. But interviews aren’t the same when they’re not in person... it’s why every largely successful podcast or interview has the guest in the room with them. It’s far more candid and personal. We are just going to do our thing... if you want to tune in, we’d love to have you.
jeffro961 wrote:
Get Shane Watts on. That would be interesting and funny.
+1 @ #badmofofersure
TeamFlannel
5/9/2019 7:07pm
Moto Mofo wrote:
I’d like to hear an interview with Jody. Mainly because I can’t figure out if I should have a positive or negative opinion of the guy...

1 who in the fuck watches tv? Or nbc on youtube for that matter.
2 Who is Brian what's his name? And why should I care what he says
3 when one has been there, done that, was part of the original movement- one can most indeed use that tone.
My work is done
carry on
Moto Mofo
5/9/2019 7:31pm Edited Date/Time 5/9/2019 7:32pm
1 who in the fuck watches tv? Or nbc on youtube for that matter. 2 Who is Brian what's his name? And why should I care...
1 who in the fuck watches tv? Or nbc on youtube for that matter.
2 Who is Brian what's his name? And why should I care what he says
3 when one has been there, done that, was part of the original movement- one can most indeed use that tone.
My work is done
carry on
You completely missed the point... but feel free to continue carrying on.
ML512
Fantasy
36th
5/14/2019 4:23pm
How about: Dave Antolak Barry Higgins Stig Pettersen Norm Bigelow, Rick Asch, Mike McAndrew and Tom Morgan Eric Crippa Kenth Ohlin Henry Rosenthal Allen Greenwood Jon...
How about:
Dave Antolak
Barry Higgins
Stig Pettersen
Eric Crippa
Kenth Ohlin
Henry Rosenthal
Allen Greenwood
Jon R. and Keith McCarty

I'm posting an episode of my podcast with Mike McAndrews in about an hour, just doing the finishing touches.
Jrewing
5/14/2019 10:12pm
How about: Dave Antolak Barry Higgins Stig Pettersen Norm Bigelow, Rick Asch, Mike McAndrew and Tom Morgan Eric Crippa Kenth Ohlin Henry Rosenthal Allen Greenwood Jon...
How about:
Dave Antolak
Barry Higgins
Stig Pettersen
Eric Crippa
Kenth Ohlin
Henry Rosenthal
Allen Greenwood
Jon R. and Keith McCarty

ML512 wrote:
I'm posting an episode of my podcast with Mike McAndrews in about an hour, just doing the finishing touches.
Gangbang time!
ML512
Fantasy
36th
5/15/2019 6:05am
How about:
Dave Antolak
Barry Higgins
Stig Pettersen
Eric Crippa
Kenth Ohlin
Henry Rosenthal
Allen Greenwood
Jon R. and Keith McCarty

ML512 wrote:
Jrewing wrote:
Gangbang time!
LaughingLaughingLaughing

Post a reply to: Hey Ping, you know who would be good for a 4 hour show?

The Latest