Hey Matthes and Ping, "The fans are cool as SH!T"

oldAFI
Edited Date/Time 7/3/2014 3:03pm
Is probably what Webb was gonna say... but edited himself real quick and used "crap" as a substitute.

Hearing the Pulp show bros laughing at it in the literal sense made me think it went over their heads, so I just felt like pointing that out... it was a solid interesting and informative show as usual.
peace out!

|
peelout
7/2/2014 4:49pm
i will say that Webb's podium speeches this weekend have made me a fan. just couldn't start to like him before, don't know why just rubbed me the wrong way. i dug his speeches this weekend though, he was pissed in the first and happier than shit in the second. good to see.
davistld01
7/2/2014 5:07pm
I agree, Peely. The kid came off real cocky IMO, when he first came on the scene & kind of irritated me...but I think taking some lumps along the way has humbled the kid. He's gonna be fine.
plowboy
7/2/2014 5:33pm
Was it really what he said or his mama going bananas with excitement that won you over? I enjoyed their interaction and enthusiasm ...count me on the bandwagon.
7/2/2014 5:37pm
For me it was the way he lost and came back to win the 2nd moto that made me a fan.

The Shop

stewie94
7/2/2014 5:44pm
been a fan of his since last year! CoolSmile never stop BOlieving!
Olson
7/2/2014 6:20pm
Been a fan all along, think he seems like a laid back cool kid. His parents seems awesome too. Surfers are usually cool dudes.
7/2/2014 6:44pm
For me it was the way he lost and came back to win the 2nd moto that made me a fan.
Yes, very motivated and fired up, in direct contrast to someone like say....Dungey.

Not starting an RD war...I like RD, a lot.

Webb is a fresh breath of air.
500guy
7/2/2014 7:00pm
I've liked the kid from the get go.

Kind of hard to be successful and not be a little cocky.
willie838
7/2/2014 7:46pm
never going to hear me speaking poorly about any racer that actually says anything of interest on the podium- even if i completely disagree. give me all the slip ups, goofs, oversteps, cockiness- whatever- just spare me the thorvansvolcomtoyotaofescondidodunloptiresmonsterenergyredbullhondazukiasaki schpeel. i tune out to that stuff- it's like a white noise machine to me.

hell i even fast forward through it. so if sponsors really want to get their stuff out- stop having riders do that shit. nobody cares and it's not increasing your exposure or marketshare.

jeffro503
7/2/2014 7:56pm Edited Date/Time 7/2/2014 7:57pm
davistld01 wrote:
I agree, Peely. The kid came off real cocky IMO, when he first came on the scene & kind of irritated me...but I think taking some...
I agree, Peely. The kid came off real cocky IMO, when he first came on the scene & kind of irritated me...but I think taking some lumps along the way has humbled the kid. He's gonna be fine.
Man I haven't seen that in his interviews. he always came across as a really polite kid that just has determination , focus and believes in himself. The kid is starting to make a mark for sure.

Same goes with JM19.....love that kid! Super humble that pays his respects to other riders in almost every single interview.
( There are a LOT of VETS that could learn a lesson or two from both these guys! )

Yamaha has a couple of really good kids in their squad.
JeepnMike
7/2/2014 10:18pm
willie838 wrote:
never going to hear me speaking poorly about any racer that actually says anything of interest on the podium- even if i completely disagree. give me...
never going to hear me speaking poorly about any racer that actually says anything of interest on the podium- even if i completely disagree. give me all the slip ups, goofs, oversteps, cockiness- whatever- just spare me the thorvansvolcomtoyotaofescondidodunloptiresmonsterenergyredbullhondazukiasaki schpeel. i tune out to that stuff- it's like a white noise machine to me.

hell i even fast forward through it. so if sponsors really want to get their stuff out- stop having riders do that shit. nobody cares and it's not increasing your exposure or marketshare.

willie, even thought your avatar creeps me the fawk out, I completely agree with what you said. Just showing personality and passion instead of the usual BS on the podium makes me a fan. Over the years, the PC riders seem to have more of the "I'd like to thank....................." speeches than other riders, just an observation now that I am thinking about it. I am pretty sure the only rider than has ever annoyed me for showing personality has been Barcia.
Monte122
7/2/2014 10:37pm
davistld01 wrote:
I agree, Peely. The kid came off real cocky IMO, when he first came on the scene & kind of irritated me...but I think taking some...
jeffro503 wrote:
Man I haven't seen that in his interviews. he always came across as a really polite kid that just has determination , focus and believes in...
Man I haven't seen that in his interviews. he always came across as a really polite kid that just has determination , focus and believes in himself. The kid is starting to make a mark for sure.

Same goes with JM19.....love that kid! Super humble that pays his respects to other riders in almost every single interview.
( There are a LOT of VETS that could learn a lesson or two from both these guys! )

Yamaha has a couple of really good kids in their squad.
I completely agree with what you said Jeffro, they are both good kids. Even as an amateur he was a cool fast kid, riding the wheels off his crf150.
Dx3moto
7/2/2014 10:48pm Edited Date/Time 7/2/2014 10:49pm
Webb's a great rider and been determined since mini's. It's just annoying as hell to hear the AC vs Webb bickering, both kids have bright futures ahead of them. This past weekend made me a fan of him, pumped to see someone that pumped on a win. Sorry to bring it up but similar to AC in Supercross, hard to not be happy for them when they love winning that much.
willie838
7/2/2014 11:41pm
willie838 wrote:
never going to hear me speaking poorly about any racer that actually says anything of interest on the podium- even if i completely disagree. give me...

JeepnMike wrote:
willie, even thought your avatar creeps me the fawk out, I completely agree with what you said. Just showing personality and passion instead of the usual...
willie, even thought your avatar creeps me the fawk out, I completely agree with what you said. Just showing personality and passion instead of the usual BS on the podium makes me a fan. Over the years, the PC riders seem to have more of the "I'd like to thank....................." speeches than other riders, just an observation now that I am thinking about it. I am pretty sure the only rider than has ever annoyed me for showing personality has been Barcia.
if you don't think that my avatar of jim norton on the toilet with a 5 o'clock shadow is on purpose- i don't know what to say.

i find it to be one of the grossest pictures ever. love it.

--------

back on topic

good on cooper webb being excited. the wheels are falling off for martin- he's tanked a huge lead with some bad luck and not so stellar riding

baggett has come on really strong and webb answered the bell in moto 2 saturday.

he had every right to be excited and speak up and enjoy himself. he's played second fiddle plenty this year. enjoy your moment kid.
ChrisB10
7/3/2014 3:32am
Yeam I'm surprised they didn't pick up on that. He was going to say cool as hell or cool has shit and changed it at the last second. I've done that before to avoid cursing....
7/3/2014 3:58am
So much talent coming out of the Carolina's these days... Proud as hell of Coop!

NORF CAROLIINNAAAA...

Tbteam
7/3/2014 4:00am
If Baggett gets a good start, and you hold him off for the win in a thirty minute moto, I'm your fan.
JeepnMike
7/3/2014 6:34am
willie838 wrote:
if you don't think that my avatar of jim norton on the toilet with a 5 o'clock shadow is on purpose- i don't know what to...
if you don't think that my avatar of jim norton on the toilet with a 5 o'clock shadow is on purpose- i don't know what to say.

--------

back on topic

good on cooper webb being excited. the wheels are falling off for martin- he's tanked a huge lead with some bad luck and not so stellar riding

baggett has come on really strong and webb answered the bell in moto 2 saturday.

he had every right to be excited and speak up and enjoy himself. he's played second fiddle plenty this year. enjoy your moment kid.
I didn't say your avatar wasn't creative, I said it creeps me the fawk out! Laughing

Webb definitely looks to have won you over too. Did you see how pissed Martin was pulling off the track at the end of the 2nd moto last week? He was boiling (good) pissed. I was suprised at how composed he was when they interviewed him.

I am not sure why I have such a man-crush on Webb. He comes across like a wakeboarder a little and I am not a fan of the slacker generation. I guess I just like that he seems real and his interviews are clearly just him speaking his thoughts and not some robotic BS. He (and Martin) have an awesome outdoor package.. Very exciting to watch.
jndmx
7/3/2014 8:26am
Tbteam wrote:
If Baggett gets a good start, and you hold him off for the win in a thirty minute moto, I'm your fan.
Uh....that happened in Moto 2....Baggett was like 5th off the start which even according to Weege is a good start for him.
No disrespect to Baggett but that is a BS line, Webb dealt with him for the whole moto and won.

Why try and take away from someone's accomplishment?
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
7/3/2014 8:30am
Tbteam wrote:
jndmx wrote:
Uh....that happened in Moto 2....Baggett was like 5th off the start which even according to Weege is a good start for him. No disrespect to Baggett...
Uh....that happened in Moto 2....Baggett was like 5th off the start which even according to Weege is a good start for him.
No disrespect to Baggett but that is a BS line, Webb dealt with him for the whole moto and won.

I might be wrong but I think he's agreeing with what you are saying. Great ride by the kid!
elementmx
7/3/2014 8:36am
THANK you. Ping especially seemed to completely miss that. "Cool as shit" is a fairly common saying anywhere you go, not sure why it was so hard for them to make the connection.
IceMan446
7/3/2014 8:39am Edited Date/Time 7/3/2014 8:40am
Tbteam wrote:
jndmx wrote:
Uh....that happened in Moto 2....Baggett was like 5th off the start which even according to Weege is a good start for him. No disrespect to Baggett...

Jndmx....I think he is saying Webb DID hold him off after Bagget got a good start.

I dont think he is slighting Webb at all.
JeepnMike
7/3/2014 8:40am
Tbteam wrote:
jndmx wrote:

IceMan446 wrote:
Jndmx....I think he is saying Webb DID hold him off after Bagget got a good start.

X3. I think you guys were making the same point is how I read that.
jndmx
7/3/2014 8:59am
jndmx wrote:

IceMan446 wrote:

JeepnMike wrote:
X3. I think you guys were making the same point is how I read that.
It's possible.....I'm having a shitty day at work.....lol.

If I misread that then my bad and cheers TBteam
7/3/2014 10:27am
willie838 wrote:

I concur.
quicken
7/3/2014 11:25am
willie838 wrote:
if you don't think that my avatar of jim norton on the toilet with a 5 o'clock shadow is on purpose- i don't know what to...

--------

back on topic

I always thought it was Tom Sizemore in rehab or something......
hillbilly
7/3/2014 1:36pm
My daughter has a crush on him I think.

At MC he and Martin had a autograph session at 11:30 so we started hanging around about 20 minutes early.

They came in a few apart from practice so I watched their interaction.

They didn't, I never saw one speak to the other .
neverwas
Fantasy
740th
7/3/2014 2:46pm
willie838 wrote:

--------

back on topic

quicken wrote:
I always thought it was Tom Sizemore in rehab or something......
Love Jim Norton,creepy as all get out.Funny guy.
Thelen20
7/3/2014 3:03pm Edited Date/Time 7/3/2014 3:05pm
I been a fan all along just based on how hard he charges! Dude rides hard!!! His performance behind the mic last weekend only made me like him more! Ya he has made a few overly aggressive manuvers but that is to be expected when you want to win as bad as he does. He has come off a bit cocky, but when he has had bad races he blames himself and says "i just have to get better". He is a solid kid and i'm rooting for him to go far!

This coming from the biggest AC46 fan ever, lol

Post a reply to: Hey Matthes and Ping, "The fans are cool as SH!T"

The Latest