Hey GuyB I have noticed this for some time

Anonymous (not verified)
8/30/2009 3:38pm Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 6:02am
The Photos that you and all your sub photographers submit are always without any background. It looks like the photo persons you use dont know SHIT about MX and there is no background or Reference like LINES or BERMS . Dont you know that you need Background not like some bike floating in the AIR? Call Motocross ACTION if you need help! Tell them that you have never ridden an MX bike and want to take photos!
|
500guy
8/30/2009 3:48pm
Bye

Click
Hank_Thrill
8/30/2009 3:53pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 1:52am
500guy, he's making a valid point.

It's a point I've made on numerous motocross message boards as well...

My hypothesis on this, is money. Corporations that sponsor (run ads) in magazines, riders etc. want their logos to appear. As much as this sport is a sport, it is also a huge business. After all, the dollar bill is what keeps this sport and damn near everything else on this planet running. If you have some awesome picture with a lot of background etc, the logos are pretty much too small to read.
By the way, my post is not directed towards GuyB, but motocross magazine photography in general

The Shop

FastEddy
Fantasy
955th
8/30/2009 3:55pm Edited Date/Time 8/30/2009 3:56pm
Anonymous wrote:
The Photos that you and all your sub photographers submit are always without any background. It looks like the photo persons you use dont know SHIT...
The Photos that you and all your sub photographers submit are always without any background. It looks like the photo persons you use dont know SHIT about MX and there is no background or Reference like LINES or BERMS . Dont you know that you need Background not like some bike floating in the AIR? Call Motocross ACTION if you need help! Tell them that you have never ridden an MX bike and want to take photos!
Your post is not only rude, it is also very disrespectful.

I happen to like GuyB's photos.
Hank_Thrill
8/30/2009 3:59pm
Yeah, who ever posted this could have worded things a bit different.
croom mx
8/30/2009 3:59pm
Anonymous wrote:
The Photos that you and all your sub photographers submit are always without any background. It looks like the photo persons you use dont know SHIT...
FastEddy wrote:

I guess you have not seen GOOD MX photos?
Void Main
8/30/2009 4:01pm
Anonymous wrote:
FastEddy wrote:

croom mx wrote:
Like the one in your avatar?
breck
8/30/2009 4:02pm
croom mx wrote:
did TFS put you up to this?
croom mx
8/30/2009 4:06pm
FastEddy wrote:

croom mx wrote:
Void Main wrote:
Yeah what about your avatar? So STFU!
Bellone
8/30/2009 4:06pm
FastEddy wrote:

Like most people on here are respectful! If you are looking for respect get a dog idiot.

Everybody on here are a bunch of disrespecting assholes.

That's right
FastEddy
Fantasy
955th
8/30/2009 4:10pm
Bellone wrote:
Like most people on here are respectful! If you are looking for respect get a dog idiot. Everybody on here are a bunch of disrespecting assholes...
Like most people on here are respectful! If you are looking for respect get a dog idiot.

That's right
I wouldn't expect anything less of a response from a big mouth jerk off Joey from NY.

8/30/2009 4:13pm
500guy, he's making a valid point. It's a point I've made on numerous motocross message boards as well... My hypothesis on this, is money. Corporations that...
500guy, he's making a valid point.

It's a point I've made on numerous motocross message boards as well...

My hypothesis on this, is money. Corporations that sponsor (run ads) in magazines, riders etc. want their logos to appear. As much as this sport is a sport, it is also a huge business. After all, the dollar bill is what keeps this sport and damn near everything else on this planet running. If you have some awesome picture with a lot of background etc, the logos are pretty much too small to read.
By the way, my post is not directed towards GuyB, but motocross magazine photography in general
Look at all the colors of sponsor banners, Tuff Bloxs, gear, the bikes, ect. Use too much, it can take away from the image or subject, use too little and they look bland. There is a fine line to keep them from looking plain or over processed and altered.

Days like yesterday with dark sand and overcast skies will make you pictures look bad, nothing you can do to fix it. Millville was the same, as was Budds, Red Bud, and any cloudy day we've had this year.

Besides, what would you rather look at; the rider hauling, or a giant Monster logo? If it's the latter, I'll shoot some stickers your way.
88sdad
8/30/2009 4:15pm
WOW, this is sure a weird thread.
Void Main
croom mx wrote:
Void Main wrote:
croom mx wrote:
Yeah what about your avatar? So STFU!
Heh heh, my avatar is photographic perfection! Smile
croom mx
Bellone wrote:
Like most people on here are respectful! If you are looking for respect get a dog idiot. Everybody on here are a bunch of disrespecting assholes...

That's right
FastEddy wrote:
I wouldn't expect anything less of a response from a big mouth jerk off Joey from NY.

Dah? We were talking about photos from GuyB? Most of you dont know anybetter? So what should I do? I will wait and see?
Ing
8/30/2009 4:18pm
I noticed in your pics on your bio page that you cut the top off the head off in one of your "action" shots. Let me guess, that was a reference line. LOL
Motodude
8/30/2009 4:20pm
BobbyM's Assholes R Us Club comes to mind..
FastEddy
Fantasy
955th
8/30/2009 4:21pm Edited Date/Time 8/30/2009 4:24pm
croom mx wrote:
Dah? We were talking about photos from GuyB? Most of you dont know anybetter? So what should I do? I will wait and see?
I think he does a good job and gets some cool shots and I enjoy checking out the race photos every week.
It's not like you are having to pay to look at the photos...
So why even bother criticizing someones work?
Dude stood in the rain and the mud the past 2 weekends and came through with what I thought were good photos.
eddie
8/30/2009 4:31pm
maybe you should post up a couple of 'good' photos and a couple of 'bad' photos as examples for us to see . then we can better understand what you are talking about .
8/30/2009 4:32pm
I love GuyB's Photos take that rude $hit to another board.!
croom mx
8/30/2009 5:01pm
I dont want to sound bad but I could make better MX pictures than what I see today? This is todays youth who does not know what MX riding is all about? MX is about Energy and Strength and Endurance! Look beyonde the short term profits that your office makes!
axel57
8/30/2009 5:08pm
croom mx wrote:
I dont want to sound bad but I could make better MX pictures than what I see today? This is todays youth who does not know...
I dont want to sound bad but I could make better MX pictures than what I see today? This is todays youth who does not know what MX riding is all about? MX is about Energy and Strength and Endurance! Look beyonde the short term profits that your office makes!
Well go "make better MX pictures than what you see today?" big shot.
8/30/2009 5:17pm
Focus, moving objects present.

For some strange reason I think GuyB has a pretty good idea what he is doing.

RonSkj
Fantasy
141st
8/30/2009 5:25pm
I guess my avatar suks...
croom mx
8/30/2009 5:27pm
Focus, moving objects present.

For some strange reason I think GuyB has a pretty good idea what he is doing.

So ... who makes the best Mx photos , you need background not just the bike. You guys dont know any better so what should I tell you Green Horns? Lets see what you can do GuyB? Bikes in the Air or Bikes with a little background?
Void Main
8/30/2009 5:30pm
The background is full of advertising. Do you think all those advertisers paid to advertise on this site?
andymoto
8/30/2009 5:32pm
Please, STFU. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Show us some your recently brilliant works.
am88
8/30/2009 5:33pm
Honestly this is so frustrating. MX message boards are extremely useful - so much info and many opinions in one spot. It's frustrating when it gets immature and disrespectful like this... just like the threads about the guy who wanted to share his Southwick race report. It's why message boards get such a bad reputation.
aminkman
8/30/2009 5:34pm
croom mx wrote:
So ... who makes the best Mx photos , you need background not just the bike. You guys dont know any better so what should I...
So ... who makes the best Mx photos , you need background not just the bike. You guys dont know any better so what should I tell you Green Horns? Lets see what you can do GuyB? Bikes in the Air or Bikes with a little background?
You obviously do. We can we see your work? It sounds like you have it all worked out, now you just need camera.

Post a reply to: Hey GuyB I have noticed this for some time

The Latest