Hey Euro GP peeps

machine
7/6/2017 3:41pm Edited Date/Time 7/7/2017 3:58pm
This kid has been impressive this season, where the hell did he come from?..I dont recall any hype coming into the season and to go from 24th last season to getting his first podium?..the Gp before that he was running 3rd as well and held them off for a,while. He doesnt seem intimidated at all by the big dogs. My gosh, hes got to be about 7 feet tall...haha.

|
Flip109
7/6/2017 4:10pm
Holy giraffe shit batman. That dude is tall lol
machine
7/6/2017 4:13pm
Flip109 wrote:
When I saw that I was thinkin geez, Herlings towers over most if our riders here and look how short he looks in comparisonGrinning
7/6/2017 5:03pm

Even on the lowest step of the podium he's taller haha.

As for his story i don't know to much about him, but he sure is killing it this year!
Flip109
7/6/2017 5:14pm
Flip109 wrote:
machine wrote:
When I saw that I was thinkin geez, Herlings towers over most if our riders here and look how short he looks in comparisonGrinning
Looks like he's up there with some little kids or somethin Laughing

The Shop

Crush
7/6/2017 5:57pm
Props to him, not easy riding a bike being that tall!
Bearuno
7/6/2017 6:05pm
Bullshit Crush!

You've got the one body - you've had all your adult life to get used to it. Everyone's size has advantages, and disadvantages.

Little, Big, just bloody ride and drop the whining, you Big Gorilla!Woohoo

PS - got another bike yet, after the theft?
Yep
7/6/2017 6:19pm
A Everts discovery and project, he has the best people and riders around him and he's only going to get better, and no he's not related to Big Ken
crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
7/6/2017 6:20pm
That guy...

I remember when he came to the German championship.
He rode there for Pfeil Kawasaki.
He was doing good and you could see that there was potential.

But still, I never understood why Everts picked him up. As far as I remember he had only one podium in the German series by that time, and he wasn't even on a Suzuki.
I heard or read somewhere that his Manager talked to Suzuki and Everts and when Townley got injured they remembered him.

Pretty cool. Kind of reminds me of Ken De Dycker. Not only because of their tallness, De Dycker also suddenly appeared and he also rode the German series
machine
7/6/2017 6:25pm
Is Everts a hands on manager, or more like an RC type of manager?...I mean like coaching the riders at the practice tracks during the week.
Crush
7/6/2017 6:27pm Edited Date/Time 7/7/2017 4:49am
Bearuno wrote:
Bullshit Crush! You've got the one body - you've had all your adult life to get used to it. Everyone's size has advantages, and disadvantages. Little...
Bullshit Crush!

You've got the one body - you've had all your adult life to get used to it. Everyone's size has advantages, and disadvantages.

Little, Big, just bloody ride and drop the whining, you Big Gorilla!Woohoo

PS - got another bike yet, after the theft?
No, no more bike for me, will be a while i'd imagine.

I respectfully disagree about size on a bike.

Two points:

Balance points. I grew to my height in a very short period of time, was relatively average height for most of highschool and grew a shit load in 1.5 years or so... went from the outside back of the class photo to the middle. At the same time, I started finding it much harder to jump my bikes as my balance lines were suddenly very different, much like AC talked about with his growth spurt... I saw god a few times in that year and a bit, over the front or out the back.

And bike sizing. I have a massive mtb, 650B plus wheels, super long wheelbase, fits me like a glove. I can shred it and feel very comfortable jumping etc, especially fore-aft balance and it tips in well because i'm over the front and not squatting out the back like I am on most MTB's and definitely my MX bike. I certainly didn't feel that way on the 27.5 large downhill bike I rented a little while ago at Thredbo, and I definitely wouldn't ride a small! This bike fits me better, simple as that. Greg Minnaar is saying the same thing right now on his massive 29 downhill bike, he's not much shorter than me.

I would bet money that if Jaksokonis or however you write his name had a fully custom bike, built for him, he'd only be faster. Of course you can adjust, but if don't have to, your body and mind aren't focusing on what's what.
Crush
7/6/2017 6:28pm
machine wrote:
Is Everts a hands on manager, or more like an RC type of manager?...I mean like coaching the riders at the practice tracks during the week.
From what I've seen he's in there with them.
Yep
7/6/2017 7:41pm
machine wrote:
Stefan is Stefan, he's a master psychologist and it's not just Stefan, look in the shadows of that team, there's a living Motocross history museum there.
Bidirella
7/6/2017 10:15pm
He moved up pretty quick to the 450, because he is to long and heavy for a 250. Saw him ride many times in the winter of 2015/16 on the Kawasaki. Super fast in the sand, but always a couple off laps and then cruising around. I was like, if he can do that for a whole moto he can top 5 a MXGP. So fast and smooth. He got some solid rides in the German ADAC races. And on 7 july 2016 Suzuki came out with a PR that he was gonna replace Townley.. Everybody was like what? Got some top 10 results in de sand last year but struggle on the hardpack. This year he really turned it on and even podium on a hardpack in Portugal!!!

That all in one year!! Need some talent and hardwork for that. He let almost everybody eat their words because nobody really believed in him.

Cool story and with only 19 years old, he is in one time a hot project in the MXGP
Yep
7/6/2017 11:32pm
He has the Big Ken style, pick up the bike and make a new line others can't find, plus he's banging bars already and moving people aside. A humble rider who will pass you when you least expect it, a rare talent big men possess
7/6/2017 11:46pm
He is being trained and mentored by Harry and Stefan, they don't suffer fools so I guess he has a good work mentality.
7/7/2017 12:52am
Like I've said earlier, his story (at least the start) is pretty much like Dungey's. A B-class rider that gets picked up by factory Suzuki from nowhere and surprises everyone. Everyone knew he is a capable sand rider, but that podium on hard pack was a surprise. He seems to have his starts dialed, he has been up front right from the gate drop consistently. And he is only 19 or 20 years old. Exciting to see what he can do in the future.
DeStouwer
7/7/2017 1:14am
When the Suzuki-team was training at Lommel last year, they noticed a tall guy on a Kawasaki who was putting in some fast laps. As Townley was injured, father and and son Everts were impressed and went talking to him if he was interested to ride for Suzuki the remainder of the season. Turned out to be a good choice.

Jasikonis rode some GP's last year in the beginning of the season as a wildcard, with said German Kawasaki team, scoring some points (8 in 3 GP's). He rode the MX of Nations a couple of times too for Lithuania aswell (2016 - Suzuki, 2015 - Kawasaki, 2014 - KTM, 2013 - Honda) He was second in the B-Final in Ernée 2015 after Gajser. In 2016 Lithuania made it to the main event on Sunday for the first time, finishing 19th.

I think he rode for the British Route 77 Energy Drink Honda Team in 2013.

So he's not a nobody, but you had to be into the GP or European national-scene to know him or recognize his name.
7/7/2017 1:49am
DeStouwer wrote:
When the Suzuki-team was training at Lommel last year, they noticed a tall guy on a Kawasaki who was putting in some fast laps. As Townley...
When the Suzuki-team was training at Lommel last year, they noticed a tall guy on a Kawasaki who was putting in some fast laps. As Townley was injured, father and and son Everts were impressed and went talking to him if he was interested to ride for Suzuki the remainder of the season. Turned out to be a good choice.

Jasikonis rode some GP's last year in the beginning of the season as a wildcard, with said German Kawasaki team, scoring some points (8 in 3 GP's). He rode the MX of Nations a couple of times too for Lithuania aswell (2016 - Suzuki, 2015 - Kawasaki, 2014 - KTM, 2013 - Honda) He was second in the B-Final in Ernée 2015 after Gajser. In 2016 Lithuania made it to the main event on Sunday for the first time, finishing 19th.

I think he rode for the British Route 77 Energy Drink Honda Team in 2013.

So he's not a nobody, but you had to be into the GP or European national-scene to know him or recognize his name.
Well he never was a hyped amateur or even a front runner in amateurs/EMX for that matter. Even if you've followed EMX closely you'll overlook him easily. Maybe if you've followed ADAC closely you know him but otherwise he wasn't well known. So him running up front now in MXGP is really a case of "where did he come from?"

I remember just a year ago there were a lot of MX sites and people taking cheap shots at him for the fact that he was signed by Suzuki. He turns out to be a great asset.
David934
7/7/2017 2:49am
30.7.2016 Jasikonis say:
I started with motocross, when I was four years old, I got a bike for my birthday. The first ride was not good, I was on a motorcycle, but after a few weeks I was a fool and I just wanted to ride. In that time, I still had a helper, so I couldn't fall down, and the only thing I did was riding on my bike. My father's dream has always been to race Motocross, but we weren't a rich family and didn't work out for him. So after some time earned some money and bought me a small motorcycle. In 2001, I rode his first race, I was only five years old.

When I was 12, I moved to Estonia, where I lived and trained with Avo Leokem. I went there a year in school, I learned Russian, but I wanted to become a professional rider. So I joined the EMX 85. The first season was good for me, unfortunately, I think in the end broke his leg. However, I still finished third in the overall ranking. Then, after two more years of training in Estonia, we moved to Belgium.

I now live in Belgium for three years, professionally, I'm training and I'm trying to get to the top. I just want to get there. When I told my manager that I'm interested in Stefan Everts, I couldn't believe it, it was crazy! Finally, everything is fitted. I couldn't believe it until I passed the first time Suzuki RM-Z450. Only then will it become a reality, I became a factory rider Suzuki.

Bit by bit, training after training on the bike impressed me. It is so light and powerful at the same time, and the suspension really works. I can't believe it. It was such a big difference for me. My couple of weeks with the team so far has been good, they are all very nice and really professional. The first time I work with so many people around me, people on the silencer on the motor ... but I really don't need a lot of changes. I am so happy with the Suzuki RM-Z450, that I have something to complain about.
Bidirella
7/7/2017 3:54am
EnvyMedia wrote:
Well he never was a hyped amateur or even a front runner in amateurs/EMX for that matter. Even if you've followed EMX closely you'll overlook him...
Well he never was a hyped amateur or even a front runner in amateurs/EMX for that matter. Even if you've followed EMX closely you'll overlook him easily. Maybe if you've followed ADAC closely you know him but otherwise he wasn't well known. So him running up front now in MXGP is really a case of "where did he come from?"

I remember just a year ago there were a lot of MX sites and people taking cheap shots at him for the fact that he was signed by Suzuki. He turns out to be a great asset.
I think he could be a frontrunner in the EMX, but never got a team or the money to do it.. With a good 250 and did a different routine. I remember in 2015 when he still rode 250f, he did a test with a Dutch 250 GP team at that point. I was there that day and he looked good and fast. I thought he would get a shot with it because Lommel and Assen where around the corner. But it never happend.. He faded away that year and came back strong on a 450 in the adac masters last year.
philG
7/7/2017 4:38am
He rode in the UK for a while ona 125... nothing special back then but neither was Febvre..
rangot
7/7/2017 4:57am
Yep wrote:
A Everts discovery and project, he has the best people and riders around him and he's only going to get better, and no he's not related...
A Everts discovery and project, he has the best people and riders around him and he's only going to get better, and no he's not related to Big Ken
He's bringing a budget to be on the team. I guess it's gonna change next year.
Rowlands
7/7/2017 5:08am
Dude has had an amazing few rounds I honestly don't know where it's come from. Everts seems to know what he is doing with the younger guys. Most of his team where in experienced riders and now they are showing some good results ! Not winning but at least competitive. The future is bright from Suzuki world MXGP.
machine
7/7/2017 8:52am
Thanks guys..all good stories...I respect that he came from nothing, just a dream and some good old fashioned hard work, I'm definitely a fan of his now. Its cool that the Everts saw something in him, to give him a chance.
I agree with Crush, its more challenging being that tall, these bikes are made for shorter dudes, just to go from sitting to standing and vice versa, takes more effort and time and its a cramped compartment!
machine
7/7/2017 8:53am
jemcee wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/07/07/203763/s1200_01.jpg[/img]

Thats hillarious haha.
mxb2
7/7/2017 8:59am
machine wrote:
This kid has been impressive this season, where the hell did he come from?..I dont recall any hype coming into the season and to go from...
This kid has been impressive this season, where the hell did he come from?..I dont recall any hype coming into the season and to go from 24th last season to getting his first podium?..the Gp before that he was running 3rd as well and held them off for a,while. He doesnt seem intimidated at all by the big dogs. My gosh, hes got to be about 7 feet tall...haha.

I think he is about 6 4 maybe 6 5?
machine
7/7/2017 9:12am
machine wrote:
This kid has been impressive this season, where the hell did he come from?..I dont recall any hype coming into the season and to go from...

mxb2 wrote:
I think he is about 6 4 maybe 6 5?
I dont know man, i think Herlings is like 6'0 and he looks like a,midget compared to him lol

Post a reply to: Hey Euro GP peeps

The Latest