He's Gotta Get the Monkey off his back!

Related:
Create New Tag

2/12/2018 7:38 AM

Haven't seen a thread on it, But Cole seely... I want the dude to win one so bad. The dude is smooth and leading and brain farts one race (oakland), and faded in (SD).

Hes got the speed, I'm just wondering if he lacks that "Fuck it"..... What i mean by that is the Turn off the brain and maximize his capabilities... He seems like a very collected rider from the outside looking in.. Methodical and precise (ala windham type)

Do any of you guys think he's going to get one or more this season?

|

"Life is Too Short To Last Long"

2/12/2018 7:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/12/2018 7:46 AM

Here's what I think. Seely needs to forget about cars, bmx, skate, etc. and concentrate on moto.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

2/12/2018 8:36 AM

He just needs that extra 5%
He's fast, super talented and races well (mostly). He needs to go closer to his edge and up the aggression. A lot easier said then done

I agree, he is a modern day Windham, always just a little bit back from the front guys.

|

@russ_69

2/12/2018 8:54 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Here's what I think. Seely needs to forget about cars, bmx, skate, etc. and concentrate on moto.

I think he likes to do things for fun and not stress to much about things. That's all good and all but when the pressure is on him in the main he folds.

|

2/12/2018 8:56 AM

It looks to me like Cole's problem is between his ears.

Has the speed to win, but tightens up when the time comes to close the deal.

|

2/12/2018 8:58 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

bball35 wrote:

I think he likes to do things for fun and not stress to much about things. That's all good and all but when the pressure is on ...more

Fun is great and all but I don't remember RC, RV, RD, etc. having those distractions and it all paid off for all of them.

|

2/12/2018 9:09 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

bball35 wrote:

I think he likes to do things for fun and not stress to much about things. That's all good and all but when the pressure is on ...more

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Fun is great and all but I don't remember RC, RV, RD, etc. having those distractions and it all paid off for all of them.

News flash, hes not those guys. Guess what, not everyone was built for an Aldon Baker program. Some people have to relax a bit to better themselves. Cole just needs to win again and he will be in it for the long haul.

|

2/12/2018 9:13 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

bball35 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

But MC did.. and got mad when honda told him to stop riding jet skies and what not.. and that worked out pretty well for him id say.

|

2/12/2018 9:18 AM

bball35 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

iBobbyb wrote:

But MC did.. and got mad when honda told him to stop riding jet skies and what not.. and that worked out pretty well for him ...more

Different era. Thing's have changed.

|

2/12/2018 9:19 AM

bball35 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Renner153 wrote:

News flash, hes not those guys. Guess what, not everyone was built for an Aldon Baker program. Some people have to relax a bit ...more

Win yes. Championship...never gonna happen.

|

2/12/2018 9:22 AM

I like Cole, he seems pretty cool. It isn't his hobbies that have him in a pickle. Anderson just has his number when the end of the race is close. If it were easy to win at this level we all would be out there winning. The mental side of the game is huge, not everyone has the confidence to be a Championship caliber racer. I hope Cole gets a few wins this season.

|

2/12/2018 9:25 AM

I'd just like to see him put Anderson on his ass just one time. I'd jump up and down. I'm tired of seeing Anderson be such an alpha dog when it comes to Seely.

|

2/12/2018 9:36 AM

bball35 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

iBobbyb wrote:

But MC did.. and got mad when honda told him to stop riding jet skies and what not.. and that worked out pretty well for him ...more

MC is different. He is probably the most naturally talented person ever on a dirt bike.

|

2/12/2018 9:44 AM

bball35 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Renner153 wrote:

News flash, hes not those guys. Guess what, not everyone was built for an Aldon Baker program. Some people have to relax a bit ...more

And some REALLY fast guys never win!

|

2/12/2018 10:05 AM

FlickitFlat wrote:

I'd just like to see him put Anderson on his ass just one time. I'd jump up and down. I'm tired of seeing Anderson be such an ...more

I have to agree, as much as i like anderson....I hope seely stuffs him atleast once for payback from 250s.

|

"Life is Too Short To Last Long"

2/12/2018 10:11 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Ummm... that’s got ZERO to do with it !!

|

2/12/2018 10:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/12/2018 10:25 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

langhammx wrote:

Ummm... that’s got ZERO to do with it !!

Exactly. Cole simply has to hang it out there just a little bit more.
He’s ALWAYS in Total Control...which seems like “the thing to do”, right? But, he seems to lack -in my opinion- the ability to hang it out there on the edge...I mean alllllllllll the way OUT on the VERY EDGE like his nemesis, Jason, does.

I know it sounds crazy; but, I’m not talking “Whiskey Throttle” or banzai jumping...no. I’m talking about loosening up and let it “hang loose” just a little...here-n-there...use that awesome “Free-Riding” style and throw it out there just a little bit harder.

The idea that he’s not focused enough is down-right hilarious.

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

2/12/2018 10:24 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

I think that's dumb to say.

|

2/12/2018 10:33 AM

Seems like he is beating that monkey to death for 3 quarters of the moto and then he’s gassed the last 5 minutes!

|

2/12/2018 10:37 AM

kkawboy14 wrote:

Seems like he is beating that monkey to death for 3 quarters of the moto and then he’s gassed the last 5 minutes!

Are you saying he beats his monkey?
And then he pets it?

You know this isn’t the George Michael Fan Club, right?

(Not that there’s anything wrong with that)

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

2/12/2018 10:50 AM

kkawboy14 wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:

Are you saying he beats his monkey?
And then he pets it?

You know this isn’t the George Michael Fan Club, right?

(Not that ...more

Oh man...... smile

|

2/12/2018 10:50 AM

kkawboy14 wrote:

And some REALLY fast guys never win!

You obviously haven’t seen me ride. tongue

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

2/12/2018 10:51 AM

is really frustrating to see him on top and then fade to loose the spot sad

|

2/12/2018 11:10 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Renner153 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Win yes. Championship...never gonna happen.

I would agree with for all but this championship, turns out this one is crazy and lucky can eat all others making him a sort of Dungey 2010 champion.

I think Seely is up for contract also, he's doing his best and now he's in better position for second straight year than 94 which is sad but is also a better and way cheaper ROI from a racing perspective for Honda. I bet they'll keep him one more year.

I think Seely is closer than ever to his best shape, confidence and consistency but stills need to work more on his race strategy, endurance and mentality mostly when he's right there. This has always been his main issue, but c'mon is MM can learn how to blitz whoops Seely can learn how to manage a race.

|

2/12/2018 11:19 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

And they all retired early due to burnout.

|

2/12/2018 11:46 AM

Photo

|

2/12/2018 12:01 PM

Anderson was not he quickest on Saturday. Bagget and Seely was clearly faster than Anderson, 2-3 tenths.
Barcia and Musquin had exactly same times (please dont count 0.001s).

Reading laptimes i think Bagget could have beaten Anderson if he would have been up there from start. Same with Marvin.

I just dont think Seely has the stamina to keep up with Anderson, and Seely makes mistakes when he gets tired.

|

2/12/2018 12:11 PM

Seeley has 10 more opportunities to win races and get the honda on tv. Meanwhile Honda is paying millions for Roczens bike to sit on a stand for the second year in a row. I don't think Seeley is the one with monkey problems.

|

2/12/2018 12:40 PM

aees wrote:

Anderson was not he quickest on Saturday. Bagget and Seely was clearly faster than Anderson, 2-3 tenths.
Barcia and Musquin ...more

Meanwhile Weston came from “dirt sampling in the 1st turn” to 7th at the finish and he did some SERIOUS passing in what we call “track day traffic”. So, let’s just say that the lap-times don’t always tell as much about a race as the lap charts do.

|

2/12/2018 12:45 PM

Anderson is to Cole nearly what RV was to Dungey. Not exact, but pretty damn close. Dungey just had a much more stringent work ethic. Before some of you bash me, it's not apples to apples, but this is what comes to my mind when I group those two pairs in the same sentence.

|