Herlings win taken away?

jhansen510
Fantasy
3559th
9/12/2016 7:06pm
So I have heard that FIM is stripping herrings of the GH win because of the KTM taking the bike to the semi and removing the fuel right after Moto. When they got the bike it was empty of fuel to test. Anyone heard this?
|
mulletman
9/12/2016 7:12pm
Well if they didn't do anything to the golden boy of MXGP for jumping on waved yellows, they won't do anything to his successor.
agn5009
9/12/2016 7:13pm
I thought they didn't have fuel restrictions for the two USGP's. I thought they were just running tests on bikes for experimental reasons.
karsmakers
9/12/2016 7:20pm Edited Date/Time 9/12/2016 7:21pm
Ya...I heard Herlings was on a "PEF."..performance enhancing fuel. I hope for his girlfriends sake.... his balls don't shrink!
kkawboy14
9/12/2016 7:21pm
Wow that would be crazy, I thought they waved the fuel deal while in America?

The Shop

crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
9/12/2016 7:54pm
Has any one heard that he might be out for mxdn? Or am I just again hearing stupid stuff?
jhansen510
Fantasy
3559th
9/12/2016 7:58pm
It comes from a solid source. The same one who told me Roczen would be going to Honda over a year ago....
stewie94
9/12/2016 8:02pm
crusty_xx wrote:
Has any one heard that he might be out for mxdn? Or am I just again hearing stupid stuff?
honestly from reading open mic from racerx sounds like he aint tht pumped for it , prolly getting worned out
AHRMA361
Fantasy
262nd
9/12/2016 9:49pm Edited Date/Time 9/12/2016 9:51pm
He was going so hard and fast he probably ran it dry on the last lap. Can't test vapor. Shocked
SCR
9/12/2016 10:06pm
Ktm wraps up the title the week before then decides Herlings needs whatever little advantage he can get by cheating with illegal fuel to win the last race ? I don't buy it.
Bidirella
9/12/2016 10:12pm
What a bullshit, the bike is on the podium right after the race. So they have enough time to take some fuel if this rumor is true. Weird rumor, KTM would be crazy and the biggest loser in this story if it would be true, but i dont believe it. FIM got enough time for it and should have stopped him right after the race or on the podium, not some time later where the team can work on the bike. BTW how can you DQ someone if you not even know what is in it haha.
9/12/2016 10:13pm
SCR wrote:
Ktm wraps up the title the week before then decides Herlings needs whatever little advantage he can get by cheating with illegal fuel to win the...
Ktm wraps up the title the week before then decides Herlings needs whatever little advantage he can get by cheating with illegal fuel to win the last race ? I don't buy it.
I'll agree, sounds silly.
kiwifan
9/12/2016 10:16pm
Interesting if true....
9/12/2016 10:39pm
They gave herrings to the podium guys? I thought the only place to ate herrings was The Netherlands..
kongols
9/12/2016 10:42pm Edited Date/Time 9/12/2016 10:48pm
SCR wrote:
Ktm wraps up the title the week before then decides Herlings needs whatever little advantage he can get by cheating with illegal fuel to win the...
If what OP says is even remotely true, I guess KTM got tired of racing handicapped, since USA guys are allowed to run their own fuel, but GP guys are forced to follow rules. Sound testing and fuel samples are taken right after the race, I mean immediately after you exit the track. This could be true only if Herlings rode straight to semi after the race, which he did not.
Bullshit.
SCR
9/12/2016 10:51pm
Why wouldn't they all be allowed to run the same fuel ?
kongols
9/12/2016 10:56pm Edited Date/Time 9/12/2016 10:56pm
SCR wrote:
Rule book.
Luongo is bending all the rules just to get USA guys participate. He even charges them 10 times less. He`s desperate.
haydos25
Fantasy
3302nd
9/12/2016 10:58pm
SCR wrote:
kongols wrote:
Rule book.
Luongo is bending all the rules just to get USA guys participate. He even charges them 10 times less. He`s desperate.
I thought reed ended that rumour at Charlotte and said they're all running the same. Did that change again?
kongols
9/12/2016 11:00pm
haydos25 wrote:
I thought reed ended that rumour at Charlotte and said they're all running the same. Did that change again?
Only if you believe what Reed said.
9/12/2016 11:05pm
SCR wrote:
kongols wrote:
Rule book.
Is that actually true? What about the MXDN?

PS: I went to Washougal this year, the smell of that race fuel !! It should be aftershave!!
kongols
9/12/2016 11:07pm
Michael promised to scoop around about fuel issues. I`m still waiting on his report, if he`s allowed to talk. Maybe he doesn`t want to get blacklisted by Luongo, then we`ll be left to just speculate.GrinningCoolWhistling
kongols
9/12/2016 11:09pm Edited Date/Time 9/12/2016 11:14pm

PS: I went to Washougal this year, the smell of that race fuel !! It should be aftershave!!
For a first time about this I heard around 10 years ago. Then it was like this. USA team has list of demands and if you do not agree, they won`t come.
But I understand them. GP guys race this setup all year long, but USA teams would need to do a lot of testing and change their bike just for one race, therefor they want to race the same bike and same set up they race all year long.
9/12/2016 11:12pm

kongols wrote:
For a first time about this I heard around 10 years ago. Then it was like this. USA team has list of demands and if you...
For a first time about this I heard around 10 years ago. Then it was like this. USA team has list of demands and if you do not agree, they won`t come.
But I understand them. GP guys race this setup all year long, but USA teams would need to do a lot of testing and change their bike just for one race, therefor they want to race the same bike and same set up they race all year long.
Oh, are the exhausts different aswell, they definitely sounded louder or is that just the fuel perhaps?
motomx88
9/12/2016 11:16pm
SCR wrote:
kongols wrote:
If what OP says is even remotely true, I guess KTM got tired of racing handicapped, since USA guys are allowed to run their own fuel...
If what OP says is even remotely true, I guess KTM got tired of racing handicapped, since USA guys are allowed to run their own fuel, but GP guys are forced to follow rules. Sound testing and fuel samples are taken right after the race, I mean immediately after you exit the track. This could be true only if Herlings rode straight to semi after the race, which he did not.
Bullshit.
He rode straight to the podium after the second moto. We talked to him because my friend was waving a Dutch flag. He saw him a few times and heard him cheering him on. Then he waited for the presentation. But I'm not sure where the bike went.
kongols
9/12/2016 11:19pm
motomx88 wrote:
He rode straight to the podium after the second moto. We talked to him because my friend was waving a Dutch flag. He saw him a...
He rode straight to the podium after the second moto. We talked to him because my friend was waving a Dutch flag. He saw him a few times and heard him cheering him on. Then he waited for the presentation. But I'm not sure where the bike went.
Then this rumor is bullshit, cause if you are chosen for inspection, you have official next to you immediately as you pull off the track..
kongols
9/12/2016 11:22pm
Oh, are the exhausts different aswell, they definitely sounded louder or is that just the fuel perhaps?
Sound too.
9/12/2016 11:37pm
kongols wrote:
Sound too.
That sounds unfair, but some could argue the mxgp bikes are full factory versus standard with just race fuel , exhaust and a limit on the amount spent on suspension so it cancels each out?
SCR
9/12/2016 11:41pm
I heard same thing. When they come to US they can run AMA fuel or FIM fuel. So how would KTM be cheating unless they are using a fuel that is illegal to both FIM and AMA? If they are then don't they have to do all the testing and set up for that fuel also ? And at the end of the day would there really be that big of an advantage. It's not Nascar.

Or are you saying only US teams can run AMA fuel ?

Anyway sounds ridiculous to me also. But I am curious about the rule and the rumor.
kongols
9/12/2016 11:47pm
SCR wrote:
I heard same thing. When they come to US they can run AMA fuel or FIM fuel. So how would KTM be cheating unless they are...
I heard same thing. When they come to US they can run AMA fuel or FIM fuel. So how would KTM be cheating unless they are using a fuel that is illegal to both FIM and AMA? If they are then don't they have to do all the testing and set up for that fuel also ? And at the end of the day would there really be that big of an advantage. It's not Nascar.

Anyway sounds ridiculous to me also. But I am curious about the rule and the rumor.
We have to wait for Michael to chime in.
MotoX85
9/13/2016 12:04am
Everyone was running the same US spec fuel. Kongols could create bullshit drama at a deaf nun convention. Man you guys are really butt hurt Herlings got beat. Holy cow!!!!
ML512
Fantasy
36th
9/13/2016 12:11am Edited Date/Time 9/13/2016 12:13am
SCR wrote:
I heard same thing. When they come to US they can run AMA fuel or FIM fuel. So how would KTM be cheating unless they are...

kongols wrote:
We have to wait for Michael to chime in.
Hey yo!

So according to the Star team, they did run GP spec fuel at Charolette. I had heard a few days before the race that they had spent a whole day on the dyno with the fuel to come up with an ecu spec ,so I thought they were ready going into the event. They said they found out they could use US spec fuel only minutes before the first moto was set to go, so they didn't have time to change. They had the bike running well, so they stuck with it for both motos. At Glen Helen however, they said they would be running US spec fuel in Harrison's bike. All the teams I asked said that both GP and US teams could run US spec fuel if they wanted. I noticed some GP teams had US spec fuel I was familiar with, while others seemed to be sticking with the GP fuel they had brought.

I wasn't able to get an exact list going, but it appears as if all US-based riders/bikes were on US fuel at Glen Helen, along with the Red Bull KTM teams, HRC bikes, and KRT bikes...

Both Yamaha GP 250 teams were on GP spec fuel... I'm not sure what Rinaldi was on... I saw a lot of GP spec fuel laying around for the smaller participating teams (Leopard and the Logistics KTM teams, the Italian Honda team, DRT, TM, etc...)

As for sound, the GP sound regulation is currently the same as our Supercross limit. So the US teams brought out exhaust cans and inserts from Supercross.

The crew from Geico told me it was actually easier to pass the at the GP when compared to Supercross because of the conditions. At a Supercross, it's colder (winter) and especially at the East rounds it can be very humid. This combination makes the air thicker and cause sound to reverberate more. Also, the stadium and surrounding buildings cause a problem with the sound bouncing back. In the flat and open parking lot at Glen Helen, along with the dry/hot weather, it made the sound test easier to pass. For a good example, Geico didn't have to run the right side airbox cover or the extra sideplate and underseat foam they use in Supercross to pass the test.

Added note: Come the MXdN, all bikes must still run the GP fuel spec. There won't be any US spec fuel allowed.

Post a reply to: Herlings win taken away?

The Latest