Herlings what a ride 1-1 at the Ironman National

Related:
Create New Tag

8/26/2017 2:09 PM

WOW ! I was impressed. The kid is the real deal...

|

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

8/26/2017 2:12 PM

I don't like to say it. But he couldn't have done that in MXGP.. sure Tomac and Marvin are fast but the rest of the field was poor today

|

8/26/2017 2:16 PM

Captainc wrote:

I don't like to say it. But he couldn't have done that in MXGP.. sure Tomac and Marvin are fast but the rest of the field was poor today

IDK , but he reminded me of a young RC with his grit & determination in both motos.

|

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

8/26/2017 2:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/26/2017 7:02 PM

Very impressive to say the least. He got a bit of luck to win the 2nd moto but his hard work made it possible after a first turn crash. He earned it. The American fans certainly were cheering for him. That's great to see.

It will be interesting to see Tomac & Herlings battle again at the USGP now that the title pressure is off both of them.

|

8/26/2017 2:19 PM

Paul333 wrote:

Very impressive to say the least. He got a bit of luck to win the 2nd moto but his hard work made it possible after a first turn crash. He earned it. The American fans certainly were cheering for him. That's great to see.

It will be interesting to see Tomac & Herlings battle again at the USGP now that the title pressure is off both of them.

Not luck really. Herlings and Marvin both had a crash so fairly equal

|

8/26/2017 2:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/26/2017 2:20 PM

Captainc wrote:

I don't like to say it. But he couldn't have done that in MXGP.. sure Tomac and Marvin are fast but the rest of the field was poor today

Maybe at Lommel or Lierop - if Cairoli was injured...!

Most of the GP tracks are slower, narrower and more compact which makes passing more difficult, I think. That's why Herlings gets stuck around 5th/6th for so long in MXGP.

|

Jeff Emigs Keys to the Race:
1. Get a good start
2. Don't crash

8/26/2017 2:19 PM

Captainc wrote:

I don't like to say it. But he couldn't have done that in MXGP.. sure Tomac and Marvin are fast but the rest of the field was poor today

True but to be honest the track today looked way easier to pass on so the fastest guy wins. On some GP tracks if a rider has a bad start he can get stuck in traffic with no real passing opportunity's.

|

8/26/2017 2:21 PM

Field was depleted today true...doesnt diminish what Jeffery did today. Really, really impressive. Hats off to him. Great job.

|

Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous. Checkout; ABetterStockMarket.com

8/26/2017 2:26 PM

Paul333 wrote:

Very impressive to say the least. He got a bit of luck to win the 2nd moto but his hard work made it possible after a first turn crash. He earned it. The American fans certainly were cheering for him. That's great to see.

It will be interesting to see Tomac & Herlings battle again at the USGP now that the title pressure is off both of them.

I think they will 100%. No title on the line and Tomac will have a HUGE weight lifted of his shoulders now that he's champ. We didn't see Eli in his "final form" today, he's learned from past mistakes and grit his teeth for the bigger picture.

|

I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure.

8/26/2017 2:28 PM

moto0852 wrote:

Field was depleted today true...doesnt diminish what Jeffery did today. Really, really impressive. Hats off to him. Great job.

No roczen sure but he went by the tickle and milsaps level guys like they were standing still.... our fastest guys are still here so I wouldn't say it's that depleted that guy is on another level. Unbelievable how quick he got into 3rd

|

8/26/2017 2:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/26/2017 2:39 PM

Captainc wrote:

Not luck really. Herlings and Marvin both had a crash so fairly equal

Herlings had to pass something like 39 riders at an AMA Pro National after his crash. I don't think that's an easy thing to do even if the field was somewhat depleted. MM25 got up fairly quickly after his crash & only lost the one position to Herlings. I didn't see it as being fairly equal from my point of view.

|

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

8/26/2017 2:30 PM

It sure did remind a little of what Carmichael was all about.

|

8/26/2017 2:33 PM

moto0852 wrote:

Field was depleted today true...doesnt diminish what Jeffery did today. Really, really impressive. Hats off to him. Great job.

I was actually surprised by the drop off between 1st and 20th in qualifying lap times. In MXGP that is 3-4 seconds, here it was much more.

|

8/26/2017 2:36 PM

Anyone know where to watch the race? my nbc gold wont work

|

8/26/2017 2:40 PM

It's the culmination of a lifelong dream for many to come to the U.S. and win your 1st time. The darn shame is that we as fans have been denied years of good competition while the series and organizers separate themselves and we never get to see the best against the best.

Herlings has long deserved better than to be stuck in the 250's waiting his turn at the big show. Everyone always knew he was for real, this just proves it. It has payed pretty well though....

2012 MX2 Championship
Photo

|

2015 Beta 500 RS, history: 99 KTM 300, 87 CR250, 84 KLR 600, 82 GPZ 550, 81 KX 250, 80 KX 250, 79 Montesa 414 VE, 78 250 VB, 77 360 VB, 76 360 VA, 75 YZ 125, 74 TM 125, 72 TS 125, 60's West Bend Go Boy Kart

8/26/2017 2:42 PM

He was in MMs head

|

What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence.

8/26/2017 2:45 PM

Paul333 wrote:

Very impressive to say the least. He got a bit of luck to win the 2nd moto but his hard work made it possible after a first turn crash. He earned it. The American fans certainly were cheering for him. That's great to see.

It will be interesting to see Tomac & Herlings battle again at the USGP now that the title pressure is off both of them.

Gandorlf wrote:

I think they will 100%. No title on the line and Tomac will have a HUGE weight lifted of his shoulders now that he's champ. We didn't see Eli in his "final form" today, he's learned from past mistakes and grit his teeth for the bigger picture.

I agree.

I think we see a faster Tomac next weekend.

|

8/26/2017 2:47 PM

Johnny Depp wrote:

It's the culmination of a lifelong dream for many to come to the U.S. and win your 1st time. The darn shame is that we as fans have been denied years of good competition while the series and organizers separate themselves and we never get to see the best against the best.

Herlings has long deserved better than to be stuck in the 250's waiting his turn at the big show. Everyone always knew he was for real, this just proves it. It has payed pretty well though....

2012 MX2 Championship
Photo

I don't follow the GP races so I hadn't seen him race until today & had only read about how good he was. It's good to see talent like him race here in the US & hopefully Roger Decoster will bring him over.

|

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

8/26/2017 3:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/26/2017 3:16 PM

He is an absolute beast!
The speed he carries mid corner is mindblowing. I think thats where he makes up most of his time.
Going from down on the ground in 39th to 1st place. Just wow.

|

8/26/2017 3:38 PM

Congratulations to JH hope some USA riders can do well next weekend at WW ranch.

|

8/26/2017 3:56 PM

H4L wrote:

WOW ! I was impressed. The kid is the real deal...

So true, I'm very impressed too!!!

|

8/26/2017 4:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/26/2017 4:24 PM

Dude needs to come race 250SX & 450MX in 2018. He would be the number one guy at KTM with Dungy gone. Just got to see how he does in the hot Humid FL sun now.

|

8/26/2017 4:22 PM

yep next weekend might be epic. no track advantage to anyone, brand new. nothing to lose or gain by tomcat or herlings except the race win that day. could be good!!!!

|

8/26/2017 4:25 PM

mauidex wrote:

yep next weekend might be epic. no track advantage to anyone, brand new. nothing to lose or gain by tomcat or herlings except the race win that day. could be good!!!!

Going to be hot and humid

|

8/26/2017 4:28 PM

wtf us riders. you suck!

|

8/26/2017 4:33 PM

Thanks for the spoiler

|

8/26/2017 4:39 PM

You know what, though? The way NBC covered the second moto, they let Herlings actually kinda sneak into the top three. I was watching the ticker from the beginning, and I could see Herlings was on a roll, but the director and commentators mostly ignored him until he started putting the heat on Baggett. (They showed him passing Tomac, but I don't think they appreciated the run they were seeing.) You'da thought maybe 10 minutes earlier they'd have said, "Wow! Herlings is tearing through the field! Watch out!"

It's as if they still didn't believe. I sure as hell did.

|

F1. MotoGP. MXGP. Screw the rest.

8/26/2017 4:43 PM

jamma10 wrote:

Maybe at Lommel or Lierop - if Cairoli was injured...!

Most of the GP tracks are slower, narrower and more compact which makes passing more difficult, I think. That's why Herlings gets stuck around 5th/6th for so long in MXGP.

I try and say stuff like that and nobody listens. AMA tracks are easy to pass if your faster.

|

8/26/2017 4:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/26/2017 4:48 PM

mauidex wrote:

yep next weekend might be epic. no track advantage to anyone, brand new. nothing to lose or gain by tomcat or herlings except the race win that day. could be good!!!!

It's on American homesoil, it's going to hot as hell, Tomac will be stronger than most!

|

8/26/2017 4:45 PM

rjg wrote:

Thanks for the spoiler

Stay off the damn internet if you don't want immediate results. 4th graders know this.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja