Herlings wants the Americans at Lommel!

mccread
Edited Date/Time 9/6/2012 5:45am
He said it in his post race interview, and said he wants to race Cairoli too.

He said later he can't be called the king of sand until he beats Cairoli, it should be good!

Dungey will be there or thereabouts too as should Barcia (against Herlings in MX3), can't wait!
|
TDeath21
9/2/2012 9:11am
So cocky. I hope it comes back to bite him in the ass.
mx 219
Fantasy
857th
9/2/2012 9:16am
TDeath21 wrote:
agree...be confident not cocky. I know 2 riders that could beat him without a doubt in my mind. One is retired and the other is injured.
Asher
9/2/2012 9:29am
TDeath21 wrote:
mx 219 wrote:
agree...be confident not cocky. I know 2 riders that could beat him without a doubt in my mind. One is retired and the other is injured.
so no one then?
mccread
9/2/2012 9:31am
TDeath21 wrote:
He didn't say it in a cocky way, he said he can't wait to race them at lommel as well as Cairoli.

Even RC wouldn't have beaten Herlings today he was truly phenomonel.

Lommel of course is another day. So anything can happen.

The Shop

ML512
Fantasy
54th
9/2/2012 9:34am
TDeath21 wrote:
mx 219 wrote:
Hmm retired... Everts or Carmichael? And injured Stewart? I am bummed that James is injured... He hauls in the sand...
DPR250R
9/2/2012 9:34am
He is calling out the Americans in a team race?

So we are going to have another Everts vs. RC and Everts vs. JBS situation?

Can't wait.
DPR250R
9/2/2012 9:35am
TDeath21 wrote:
mccread wrote:
He didn't say it in a cocky way, he said he can't wait to race them at lommel as well as Cairoli. Even RC wouldn't have...
He didn't say it in a cocky way, he said he can't wait to race them at lommel as well as Cairoli.

So then he would lap Everts?

Cause RC smokes Everts.
JackLHyde
9/2/2012 9:40am
DPR250R wrote:
He is calling out the Americans in a team race? So we are going to have another Everts vs. RC and Everts vs. JBS situation? Can't...

Can't wait.
Haven't seen the interview and I doubt you and a lot others did. So here's the question: Why do you instantly assume he's calling them out? Maybe he's just looking forward to it? Open your eyes people.
Katoom72
9/2/2012 9:42am
nah, he would lap them both. Grinning

who know and who cares, damn kids...
MCR
9/2/2012 9:44am
What is the whole deal with this?? Every time is USA vs Europe, RC vs Everts and all the bullshit who's better blabla.

Herlings said that he is really looking forward to Lommel to race versus the Americans and Cairoli !!

He said it in a totally no cocky way,and also mean nothing in it. Just wanna RACE and BATTLE.
Who is best sand rider that DAY we will find out the 30th of september!

Today he rode great and amazing!
DPR250R
9/2/2012 9:45am Edited Date/Time 9/2/2012 9:46am
DPR250R wrote:
He is calling out the Americans in a team race? So we are going to have another Everts vs. RC and Everts vs. JBS situation? Can't...

Can't wait.
JackLHyde wrote:
Haven't seen the interview and I doubt you and a lot others did. So here's the question: Why do you instantly assume he's calling them out...
Haven't seen the interview and I doubt you and a lot others did. So here's the question: Why do you instantly assume he's calling them out? Maybe he's just looking forward to it? Open your eyes people.
"Herlings wants the Americans at Lommel!"

To me... that is calling them out.

Unless Mccread is not a credible source.
JackLHyde
9/2/2012 9:50am
DPR250R wrote:
"Herlings wants the Americans at Lommel!"

To me... that is calling them out.

Unless Mccread is not a credible source.
He's either fishing, or hasn't realized yet that Americans are very sensitive if you don't choose your words wisely.
DPR250R
9/2/2012 9:57am
JackLHyde wrote:
He's either fishing, or hasn't realized yet that Americans are very sensitive if you don't choose your words wisely.
I prefer to think of Mccread as a reliable source with no ulterior motives.

He is just reporting that Herlings is ready to declare himself the "King of the Sand" if he beats AC and all the US guys in a team race.

Awesome... can't wait!
lumpy790
9/2/2012 9:58am
I like it ..... building interest in the race.
Katoom72
9/2/2012 10:25am
He just said 'I want to try to beat the Americans and Cairoli'

Every rider want to try that? Dry
9/2/2012 10:31am
I like the guy so far. He wants to race. He is just like Barcia, Baggett, Poto, Dunge, Stewart, DeDyker, etc etc.

Cocky? Maybe... but no more than Barcia. And, I have to stick up for the Americans a bit on this one... Lommel, being a track the Euros have all raced at, and the Americans not... there is an advantage there. I seriously believe that has hurt Roczen and Musquin, et al. They both will do much better next year. Riding a track once seems to really help, or it always did help me out.

Its going to be an epic race anyways.
DPR250R
9/2/2012 10:34am
Katoom72 wrote:
He just said 'I want to try to beat the Americans and Cairoli'

Every rider want to try that? Dry
Did he say "try"?
9/2/2012 10:42am
another thread for americans to cry about how america will clean up at lommel .... its not going to happen people, not if herlings is there and not injured !
BR_HERO
9/2/2012 10:44am
JackLHyde wrote:
Herlings, a master at American jimmie rustlin. Laughing Love it.
BR_HERO
9/2/2012 10:46am
mx 219 wrote:
Herp derp derp woulda coulda shoulda
TDeath21
9/2/2012 10:46am
mccread wrote:
He didn't say it in a cocky way, he said he can't wait to race them at lommel as well as Cairoli. Even RC wouldn't have...

So Herlings would have beaten RC today? I disagree. What everyone fails to realize is that when one rider has a phenomenal day, that day is how every race was for RC.
chrisbuehler
9/2/2012 10:47am
Well we are gonna win the event and that's what it is, a team race
9/2/2012 10:50am
thats the only way america will win becuase of the team... if it was for their own overall win, they would get one ! american have a big choice of riders to choose from, countries like Herlings, they dont... but they might surprise people at lommel ! but the only way USA will win becuase they have 3 top consistent riders... end of !
Regis
Fantasy
292nd
9/2/2012 10:52am Edited Date/Time 9/2/2012 10:54am
mccread wrote:
He said it in his post race interview, and said he wants to race Cairoli too. He said later he can't be called the king of...
He said it in his post race interview, and said he wants to race Cairoli too.

He said later he can't be called the king of sand until he beats Cairoli, it should be good!

Dungey will be there or thereabouts too as should Barcia (against Herlings in MX3), can't wait!
Of course he does. Why wouldn't he? Sand is his specialty.

This just in - John Dowd does well at Southwick. The sky is blue, one die I will die and I have to pay taxes.
ATKpilot99
9/2/2012 10:54am
I guess I don't think it's as much as a gimme as most. I'm confident in the US team but team Belgium looks strong also. It's going to be good.
tns
9/2/2012 10:57am
i still think the americans will win herlings is only one rider you need to clone him to make a winning team.
i think herlings will win the mx3 INDIVIDUAL honors
can't see anyone getting inbetween rd and tc in mx1 but tc will probably have bad luck.
wouldn't like to call mx2 thou but after today will say i reckon team gb should have max on the mx2 bike with jake on the mx3 and tommy in mx1
DrSweden
9/2/2012 10:57am
Maybe that cockyness made him this fast, but his attitude and his followers are going to have a hard time if he gets beat in the sand. Seems he's going to learn humbleness the hard way, if not sooner than later... As a euro I celebrate another euro up for the challenge, but this "I'm going to beat them all" kills it for me...
9/2/2012 10:59am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
I guess I don't think it's as much as a gimme as most. I'm confident in the US team but team Belgium looks strong also. It's...
I guess I don't think it's as much as a gimme as most. I'm confident in the US team but team Belgium looks strong also. It's going to be good.
theres a few countries that could walk away with the win, even great britian... but to say the least, herlings will clean up all his races if everything goes the way it did today, which i dont see why it wouldnt, and to thoese who think he wont and that americans will beat him, when hes grown up racing that sand is stupid !
DPR250R
9/2/2012 11:06am
thats the only way america will win becuase of the team... if it was for their own overall win, they would get one ! american have...
thats the only way america will win becuase of the team... if it was for their own overall win, they would get one ! american have a big choice of riders to choose from, countries like Herlings, they dont... but they might surprise people at lommel ! but the only way USA will win becuase they have 3 top consistent riders... end of !
Wait... I am confused.

Which is more important at the MXoN... the team victory or the individual?

Post a reply to: Herlings wants the Americans at Lommel!

The Latest