Herlings vs Justin Cooper in Europe (video)

Barrett57
9/24/2019 12:50pm
This personal fued between complete strangers that has evolved into stalking each other on Facebook has its cause in the abilities of other complete strangers riding motorcycles back to same point the fastest, your fucking mental lads.
BroFoSho
9/24/2019 2:05pm
Press516 wrote:
I hear you.... This one is so blatantly obvious that maybe it's time for him to delete his account and start over.
In his defense, I don't think it would surprise many people if Herlings qualified 5 seconds faster than every other rider this weekend.
cool_hand
9/24/2019 6:19pm Edited Date/Time 9/24/2019 6:20pm
Herlings may be the second coming for a lot of you, but Justin Cooper is fast, and he don't crack. He loves sand and is gonna be the reason USA takes home the cup this year.

FARANG
9/24/2019 7:55pm
Press516 wrote:
Some guys on FB saying Herlings made up 5 seconds in just one lap on Cooper in this vid... Pretty funny, if you time it... He...
Some guys on FB saying Herlings made up 5 seconds in just one lap on Cooper in this vid... Pretty funny, if you time it... He goes from about 1.5 back at the beginning of the clip to 1.0 back at the end of the clip. In the sand where HP is actually usable, that's not unreasonable at all. Awesome to see Cooper showing good speed.
There are 2 points in that clip where Herlings clearly lays off the throttle for a couple of seconds to let Cooper stretch out the lead again.

The most obvious was the final left at the 48 second mark.

I'm not saying Cooper is terrible or Herlings is a demigod, but that video tells me nothing about either man's speed. Herlings is definitely cruising there and Copper might be as well.

The Shop

Nuffsaid
9/24/2019 8:01pm Edited Date/Time 9/24/2019 8:02pm
If Cooper cracks the top 5 overall in the MX2 class he should be proud
Ranman68
9/24/2019 10:34pm
Nuffsaid wrote:
If you ever post anything on here that's reasonable or intelligent, you should be proud.
Ranman68
9/24/2019 10:51pm
In the beginning of clips in this video, Herlings is behind Cooper. At some point in each clip, he goes from being behind Cooper to being in front of Cooper.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that Justin Cooper (OR anyone else in the world on a 250) is not going to be faster than Herlings or able to stay in front of him for any lengthy time. Especially on a sand track, and whoever put the video together did a great job of NOT trying to make it look like he did. It's OBVIOUS that this video is fair and respectful to Herlings by showing CLEARLY that he passed Cooper. That doesn't mean Cooper is slow by any means though, because he's clearly fast.
RG1
9/24/2019 11:01pm Edited Date/Time 9/24/2019 11:02pm
Nuffsaid wrote:
Ranman68 wrote:
If you ever post anything on here that's reasonable or intelligent, you should be proud.
He’s right. By no means so saying that Cooper isn’t capable of a Top 5 in MX2, because he most certainly is, but in the sand those guys are no joke. If he’s Top 3 overall in MX2 he’ll have done a very good job
Aryen
9/24/2019 11:42pm
Nuffsaid wrote:
Ranman68 wrote:
It’s true what he said though. Staying in front of Geerts, Vlaanderen and some others would be quite an accomplishment.
BobbyM
9/24/2019 11:47pm
Cooper smokes Herlings if that was a SX track... Yup.
Sideways
9/24/2019 11:54pm
Ferrandis got seriously worked by Herlings his entire GP career. Just saying.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
9/25/2019 3:49am
BobbyM wrote:
And Watson goes 1-1 if it's hard Enduro. Cool story bro
mxmasta
Fantasy
814th
9/25/2019 4:09am
BobbyM wrote:
crusty_xx wrote:
And Watson goes 1-1 if it's hard Enduro. Cool story bro
Haha, love the response.
motomike137
9/25/2019 4:18am
All this shit talking over individual riders and France just sits back and chuckles about it all Wink
ATKpilot99
9/25/2019 4:18am
There's a lot of people here that would be bummed if Herlings decided to give SX a go. He'd probably pick it up quickly and dominate in short order.
Ranman68
9/25/2019 7:55am
Nuffsaid wrote:
Ranman68 wrote:
Aryen wrote:
It’s true what he said though. Staying in front of Geerts, Vlaanderen and some others would be quite an accomplishment.
My point is that until we see Cooper on the track all out with the euros, there's no way to say what he can do or what he should hope to be able to do. Nobody knows enough yet to predict anything or say what his expectations should be. It's ludicrous. Let's see him out there with them and then assess what he should be striving for or "should be happy" to do. That's why I don't predict how he will.do. I just say that he looks pretty fast to me. That's all anyone can say at this point..
9/27/2019 6:15pm
Herlings could pass him in neutral the USA riders are so slow they won’t be in the top ten. Sarcasm Good grief let’s just watch the...
Herlings could pass him in neutral the USA riders are so slow they won’t be in the top ten. Sarcasm

Good grief let’s just watch the race and see how it plays out all the pro experts on here are funny.

USA has been near the top or at the top for a long time Last year was a horrible result and everyone acts like we are not competitive. Wake up
Exactly b/c based on last year's MXDN , Hunter Lawrence bested Tomac and the others but yet Lawrence didn't even win an overall thru the entire US outdoor motox season just now but he should have swept the 250 AMA class all summer since even he and Prado were supposedly clearly superior MX riders compared to Tomac / Barcia last year but while Lawrence did fine, he didn't win an overall and it's safe to say those that beat him week in and out all this past summer in the 250 AMA class would not beat the 450 AMA class, so where would that leave Lawrence against the AMA 450 outdoor class this summer since he didn't win an overall in the 250 class?

I don't like to use Lawrence as an example and he did fine this summer and will i'm sure do even better in 2020 but w/ so many basing last year's US MXDN results stating that MX2 riders such as Lawrence smoked US riders last year and Lawrence being someone that moved just now from MXGP to the AMA it just go show that the logic is flawed in that just b/c there was one bad race day for the US for the 2018 MXDN that suddenly even MX2 MXGP riders are superior to the 450 AMA champ based on that one day's results....
YZ324
9/27/2019 6:31pm
I think it’s funny that this video has 4 pages of dissection on who’s faster or not when these guys are practicing for an event and we have no idea how the video was edited. I would think Coop would love to ride with Herlings and get a first hand look of what the worlds best sand rider does on his turf.
JohnnyD13
9/27/2019 6:37pm
WCRider wrote:
[embed][/embed]
I ride in the sand a little and watching them hit those sand rollers that fast is so amazing. Like it doesn’t make since to my brain. But I can tell you our guys don’t ride like that.
DonM
9/27/2019 7:14pm
Herlings could pass him in neutral the USA riders are so slow they won’t be in the top ten. Sarcasm Good grief let’s just watch the...
Herlings could pass him in neutral the USA riders are so slow they won’t be in the top ten. Sarcasm

Good grief let’s just watch the race and see how it plays out all the pro experts on here are funny.

USA has been near the top or at the top for a long time Last year was a horrible result and everyone acts like we are not competitive. Wake up
Exactly b/c based on last year's MXDN , Hunter Lawrence bested Tomac and the others but yet Lawrence didn't even win an overall thru the entire...
Exactly b/c based on last year's MXDN , Hunter Lawrence bested Tomac and the others but yet Lawrence didn't even win an overall thru the entire US outdoor motox season just now but he should have swept the 250 AMA class all summer since even he and Prado were supposedly clearly superior MX riders compared to Tomac / Barcia last year but while Lawrence did fine, he didn't win an overall and it's safe to say those that beat him week in and out all this past summer in the 250 AMA class would not beat the 450 AMA class, so where would that leave Lawrence against the AMA 450 outdoor class this summer since he didn't win an overall in the 250 class?

I don't like to use Lawrence as an example and he did fine this summer and will i'm sure do even better in 2020 but w/ so many basing last year's US MXDN results stating that MX2 riders such as Lawrence smoked US riders last year and Lawrence being someone that moved just now from MXGP to the AMA it just go show that the logic is flawed in that just b/c there was one bad race day for the US for the 2018 MXDN that suddenly even MX2 MXGP riders are superior to the 450 AMA champ based on that one day's results....
Say what??....That sentence is still running...
Nighttrain
9/27/2019 9:45pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
There's a lot of people here that would be bummed if Herlings decided to give SX a go. He'd probably pick it up quickly and dominate...
There's a lot of people here that would be bummed if Herlings decided to give SX a go. He'd probably pick it up quickly and dominate in short order.
I’ve seen enough to know Herlings is the fastest man in MX until he wads up and has to sit out. He wads up a lot. J Herlings would never make it out of February in SX.

Post a reply to: Herlings vs Justin Cooper in Europe (video)

The Latest