Herlings vs Gajser vs the world

Related:
Create New Tag

2/16/2020 11:46 AM

Pre-season races showed us that Gajser and Herlings are looking really good. Coldenhoff will probabbly be there, you can guess Cairoli and Prado will start slowly their seasons before trying to win races. Febvre was very fast in France today. MXGP is in two weeks at Matterley. What is you pick for the top 5 ?

Here's mine :

1/ Herlings
2/ Gajser
3/ Febvre
4/ Cairoli
5/ Evans

1/ Vialle
2/ Van De Moosdijk
3/ Geerts
4/ Renaux
5/ Hofer

Watson and Olsen are not sure to ride.

|

2/16/2020 11:47 AM

Herlings would have won Tampa because there was a sand section. Stamp it.

|

2/16/2020 12:21 PM

To me, Febvre looked very bad on the Kawi. Probably isn't yet up to speed and comfortable with the new bike... On the other hand, Gajser looks very fast and comfortable. There were no big moments for him during pre-season races. Could be very interesting between him and Herlings.

|

2/16/2020 12:44 PM

Why would one think Herlings would not be good in supercross. I don’t get that. He is on another level on a dirt scooter plain and simple. Yeah his first year might be a little off but would not take a guy like him to figure it out pretty quick. Sounds like since one is good outdoors/GPS, he automatically can’t be good at supercross. Especially the tracks now with all the variations.

|

2/16/2020 12:47 PM

What is Prado's status? A healthy Prado is the only possible threat to Herlings I think. That is yet to be seen. My prediction is that Herlings will either be smoking everybody's ass, or he'll be on the couch with an injury. I dont know which scenario I would bet on, but it would be one of those two.

|

2/16/2020 12:50 PM

1) Herlings
2) Gasjer
3) Cairoli
4) Febvre
5) Evans

1) van de Moosdijk
2) Vialle
3) Renaux
4) Hofer
5) Geerts.

|

2/16/2020 12:55 PM

yz25 wrote:

Why would one think Herlings would not be good in supercross. I don’t get that. He is on another level on a dirt scooter plain and simple. Yeah his first year might be a little off but would not take a guy like him to figure it out pretty quick. Sounds like since one is good outdoors/GPS, he automatically can’t be good at supercross. Especially the tracks now with all the variations.

I don’t think he couldn’t be good but it would take several years for him to develop the skill to run at the front consistently.

Throwing down fast laps on a practice track is one thing

|

2/16/2020 1:01 PM

yz25 wrote:

Herlings definitely has the talent to be up front in SX but he would have a lot of catching up to do. These guys have been practicing on Supercross tracks since they were amateurs and it takes a lot of time to develop those skills. He would need several years of development before he could be a legit contender.

|

2/16/2020 1:26 PM

yz25 wrote:

NateDawg wrote:

Herlings definitely has the talent to be up front in SX but he would have a lot of catching up to do. These guys have been practicing on Supercross tracks since they were amateurs and it takes a lot of time to develop those skills. He would need several years of development before he could be a legit contender.

I dont know about that, have you ever seen someone that can dominate a motocross race be far off the pace in supercross. ....I have seen video of him on a supercross track and I cant fault him.

|

2/16/2020 1:29 PM

yz25 wrote:

NateDawg wrote:

Ferrandis?

|

2/16/2020 1:36 PM

WCRider wrote:

1) Herlings
2) Gasjer
3) Cairoli
4) Febvre
5) Evans

1) van de Moosdijk
2) Vialle
3) Renaux
4) Hofer
5) Geerts.

No Desalle and only 5th for Geerts? No trust in you countrymen?

I see Geerts battling for the championship to be honest.

|

2/16/2020 1:37 PM

flymoto wrote:

Ferrandis?

The French do a fair amount of SX racing

|

2/16/2020 1:42 PM

kaidoddragon wrote:

Pre-season races showed us that Gajser and Herlings are looking really good. Coldenhoff will probabbly be there, you can guess Cairoli and Prado will start slowly their seasons before trying to win races. Febvre was very fast in France today. MXGP is in two weeks at Matterley. What is you pick for the top 5 ?

Here's mine :

1/ Herlings
2/ Gajser
3/ Febvre
4/ Cairoli
5/ Evans

1/ Vialle
2/ Van De Moosdijk
3/ Geerts
4/ Renaux
5/ Hofer

I like your list, but would possible flip Febvre and Cairoli. I still think Cairoli has some wins in him.

|

2/16/2020 1:47 PM

I think seewer is going to step into that group just below Herlings and gasjer

|

2/16/2020 1:50 PM

Albertyn and Tortelli both came to supercross when they were the best in the world. It humbled them both and neither returned to their dominant ways even outdoors, though Albee did win a title. SX is a different animal.

|

2/16/2020 1:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/16/2020 1:55 PM

I heard they offer a million bucks to the winner of the Monster Cup, which is sort of Supercross.
If The Bullet felt he could win that race I’m sure he would have lined up by now, he could afford to buy one more supercar with the cash.

...maybe they should throw in a sand section to this years Monster cup track to lure the Dutchies over to race?

|

2/16/2020 1:51 PM

kaidoddragon wrote:

Here's mine :

1/ Herlings
2/ Gajser
3/ Febvre
4/ Cairoli
5/ Evans

1/ Vialle
2/ Van De Moosdijk
3/ Geerts
4/ Renaux
5/ Hofer

Suicidal_Tendencies wrote:

I like your list, but would possible flip Febvre and Cairoli. I still think Cairoli has some wins in him.

Herlings
Cairoli
Seewer
Gajser
Desalle

Vialle
Olsen
Geerts
Hofer
Beaton

I think Gajser will crasch at least once otherwise he would be my pick for second. If Olsen is on the gate I think he will podium. Is his injury worse than what we know?

|

I HATE FOURSTROKES
www.racelife.se

2/16/2020 2:49 PM

herlings
gajser
jonas
coldenhoff
cairoli

|

2/16/2020 2:58 PM

Just to be completely different I say a total mud fest and then drop the dice on who will win. All the top guys off the box not wanting to blow the season in the first round.

|

2/16/2020 3:38 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/16/2020 3:44 PM

Season prediction
Herlings
Seewer
Jonass
Gajser
Tonus

Vialle
Olsen
Geerts
Everyone else

|

“If you don’t crash alot, you just ain’t going fast enough” Chandler

2/16/2020 4:20 PM

I'd put some Aussies somewhere in both top 5's for some reason we love Matterley haha

|

why am I reading this? ..... Oh christ, now I'm posting...... shiiiiiiiit!!

2/16/2020 4:25 PM

hellion wrote:

Albertyn and Tortelli both came to supercross when they were the best in the world. It humbled them both and neither returned to their dominant ways even outdoors, though Albee did win a title. SX is a different animal.

Tortelli showed up here and won his first ever SX. Pichon, Reed, Vullemin, Musquin, Bayle, the list of Gp riders with success in supercross is endless

|

2/16/2020 4:30 PM

Only thing gonna beat herlings is herlings ego
Tigar has got the best of the scraps and might get the odd win
Would love to see TC222 smoke all of them but I think time has finally caught up with the little maestro
Looking forward to some outdoor

|

2/16/2020 4:37 PM

Brent wrote:

I heard they offer a million bucks to the winner of the Monster Cup, which is sort of Supercross.
If The Bullet felt he could win that race I’m sure he would have lined up by now, he could afford to buy one more supercar with the cash.

...maybe they should throw in a sand section to this years Monster cup track to lure the Dutchies over to race?

So a million dollar race in which takes years to pay out. And risk multi year, over a million a year in contracts.... just for a single race. hmmm. That’s called a business decision. Let’s not forget.... he isn’t hurting for cash.

|

2/16/2020 11:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/17/2020 12:45 AM

1/ Herlings
2/ Gajser
3/ Seewer
4/ Coldenhoff
5/ Cairoli

1/ Van De Moosdijk
2/ Vialle
3/ Geerts
4/ Olsen
5/ Beaton

|

2/17/2020 12:24 AM

kaidoddragon wrote:

Here's mine :

1/ Herlings
2/ Gajser
3/ Febvre
4/ Cairoli
5/ Evans

1/ Vialle
2/ Van De Moosdijk
3/ Geerts
4/ Renaux
5/ Hofer

Suicidal_Tendencies wrote:

themrtoad wrote:

Herlings
Cairoli
Seewer
Gajser
Desalle

Vialle
Olsen
Geerts
Hofer
Beaton

I think Gajser will crasch at least once otherwise he would be my pick for second. If Olsen is on the gate I think he will podium. Is his injury worse than what we know?

Funny, a lot of others crashed more than Gajser last year

|

Current rides: 2020 CRF450RWE and 2019 TC300
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1000L

2/17/2020 2:17 AM

If Herlings stays healthy he will win of course.

|

2/17/2020 4:44 AM

roninho wrote:

No Desalle and only 5th for Geerts? No trust in you countrymen?

I see Geerts battling for the championship to be honest.

I don't believe in Geerts for the title. I could be wrong but I don't think so.

|

2/17/2020 5:01 AM

Even though Gajser is looking great, I think it will be a runaway for Herlings. Unless he crashes out, then Gajser will be there to pick up the pieces. I'd love to see AC get his 10th title but I just don't see it happening. Hope I'm wrong.

In MX2 I think v/d Moosdijk will be the fastest but probably not consistent enough to battle for the title. It will probably go down between Vialle and Geerts if Olsen isn't fit

|

2/17/2020 5:17 AM

Cairoli
Febvre
van Horebeek
Gajser
Prado

TKO
Hofer
Vialle
RvDM
Sydow

|

- Filthy Euro
- Silly prankster
- Life-long Zook fan
- Rooting for all privateers on this rotating ball of carbon, hydrogen, silicon and poop