Herlings training program question

752dad
9/12/2018 8:07am Edited Date/Time 9/15/2018 1:07am
How does it compare to Bakers which is considered (by some) to be the benchmark?

KC
|
mx_563
9/12/2018 9:14am
This is a good question. I too, am interested. My guess is that Red Bull would have a lot to do with his program.

But one thing to remember is that the GPs run a lot of races in mild (at times even cold) climates so a Floridian suffer-fest is perhaps not as critical to the training program for someone like Herlings. I wonder what the average and median temperatures (and humidity levels) are over the course of an AMA season versus the GP season.
early
Fantasy
2139th
9/12/2018 9:23am
Didn't he come and work with Aldon at the end of the year last year and then stay on with him as a consultant or something. Then this year he goes on to make the entire MXGP field look silly.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
9/12/2018 9:24am
I remember reading that he was working with Aldon at some point starting the end of last year. I could be wrong though.
AngryBear
9/12/2018 9:28am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I remember reading that he was working with Aldon at some point starting the end of last year. I could be wrong though.
he was with aldon last summer pre ironman national and the jacksonville fl GP

The Shop

MXMattii
9/12/2018 9:42am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
He's been at bakers at the end of 2017 and now he's trying to replicate and make a 'World Championship' version of it. But look at pictures from Jeffrey Herlings start of 2017 and start of 2018. Much leaner, more "Aldon" style skinny.

Pictures: KTM Images - Ray Archer
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
9/12/2018 9:47am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
MXMattii wrote:
He's been at bakers at the end of 2017 and now he's trying to replicate and make a 'World Championship' version of it. But look at...
He's been at bakers at the end of 2017 and now he's trying to replicate and make a 'World Championship' version of it. But look at pictures from Jeffrey Herlings start of 2017 and start of 2018. Much leaner, more "Aldon" style skinny.

Pictures: KTM Images - Ray Archer
Well at least he doesn't look like Marvin. I remember RV in 09 was super bulked up then in 2010 he looked completely different.
PNWOffroad
Fantasy
3219th
9/12/2018 9:50am
I know that Aldon is “proven” because he’s provided championship results to his athletes but it’s important the note that draining guys like he does doesn’t seem like a long term solution. He’s still stuck on this whole clean eating thing which is pretty silly considering the monster amounts of calories these guys are burning daily.
DF313
Fantasy
2408th
9/12/2018 9:53am
those pictures reminded me of this
9/12/2018 10:02am
Herlings made himself really popular on a Dutch late show this week?.
When he got the question on the show what he thinks about gay-people:

You do not see much in our sport, almost nobody comes out." To continue: "I do not know many gay people in our sport.
I think: a man belongs to a woman and not together, but I have nothing against it. I have absolutely nothing against it, "he said.
early
Fantasy
2139th
9/12/2018 10:05am
Herlings made himself really popular on a Dutch late show this week?. When he got the question on the show what he thinks about gay-people: You...

You do not see much in our sport, almost nobody comes out." To continue: "I do not know many gay people in our sport.
I think: a man belongs to a woman and not together, but I have nothing against it. I have absolutely nothing against it, "he said.
Why would they ask that question?
9/12/2018 10:05am
early wrote:
Didn't he come and work with Aldon at the end of the year last year and then stay on with him as a consultant or something...
Didn't he come and work with Aldon at the end of the year last year and then stay on with him as a consultant or something. Then this year he goes on to make the entire MXGP field look silly.
I'd be careful with that cause and effect. Last year, Herlings was already dominating he GP field in the second half (post-hand injury) before he came to America.
9/12/2018 10:08am
Herlings made himself really popular on a Dutch late show this week?. When he got the question on the show what he thinks about gay-people: You...

early wrote:
Because they where talking about a gay athlete on that show. And Jeffrey was a guest in that show and asked about his opinion.
early
Fantasy
2139th
9/12/2018 10:08am
I'd be careful with that cause and effect. Last year, Herlings was already dominating he GP field in the second half (post-hand injury) before he came...
I'd be careful with that cause and effect. Last year, Herlings was already dominating he GP field in the second half (post-hand injury) before he came to America.
It was a facetious comment
9/12/2018 10:10am
early wrote:
It was a facetious comment
Sorry, but to me it seemed about on par with most of the shit I read at this place.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4000th
9/12/2018 10:10am
He follows a regiment that the Redbull trainers put together for him.

He worked with Aldon for 3 weeks, mostly for a place to stay and ride, hardly life changing like some seem to think.
early
Fantasy
2139th
9/12/2018 10:12am
Sorry, but to me it seemed about on par with most of the shit I read at this place.
Aldon is good, but Jeffrey is better Wink
9/12/2018 10:16am
I seem to remember reading or hearing that he has adopted some of what Aldon showed him but a lot of what Aldon does is more supercross oriented so it didn't all apply. (something about of a lot of explosive type training I think)

Either way whatever the guy is doing clearly works and even if a little guidance from Aldon has helped, he was on track to be where he's at way before meeting Aldon.
9/12/2018 10:18am
I think I remember seeing last year aldon was just helping him with the diet side of things.... Herlings would report what he was eating and aldon would adjust or recommend things he could do better if I recall correctly.
9/12/2018 10:36am
early wrote:
Aldon is good, but Jeffrey is better Wink
Yup. I'm pretty sure it's 99% talent, 1% training regimen. Or something like that.
TSCHAM101
9/12/2018 10:51am
PNWOffroad wrote:
I know that Aldon is “proven” because he’s provided championship results to his athletes but it’s important the note that draining guys like he does doesn’t...
I know that Aldon is “proven” because he’s provided championship results to his athletes but it’s important the note that draining guys like he does doesn’t seem like a long term solution. He’s still stuck on this whole clean eating thing which is pretty silly considering the monster amounts of calories these guys are burning daily.
if you have never eaten whole, non processed foods, you wont understand the differences...

But eat whole foods, vegetables, fruits, beef,poultry, fish, grains for a month and then go back to the fast food, sugar stuff. and you will feel like complete dog shit, and wont be able to perform like you did the month prior...

At the moment of the switch, it wont be that noticeable, but when you go back to eating crap, you will notice a huge difference...
Moto96
9/12/2018 11:07am
UpTiTe wrote:
He follows a regiment that the Redbull trainers put together for him. He worked with Aldon for 3 weeks, mostly for a place to stay and...
He follows a regiment that the Redbull trainers put together for him.

He worked with Aldon for 3 weeks, mostly for a place to stay and ride, hardly life changing like some seem to think.
According to this thread, he never won shit without him. Not even before. And he couldnt choose between a Royale with Cheese, Xtra Large Fries and a Coke, and a Filet or a whole chicken, and a salad without calling him.

Bidirella
9/12/2018 11:13am
Aldon helped him with his Diet, changed Pasta for Salad, bread for Protein Yoghurt and more stuff like that.

Herlings was on a few Ducht TV shows this week so far with his upcoming MXGP Title in Assen and said. He really changed his diet and was really looking forward to eat some fast Food again.

He said last year he was 83 kg before the season started, because he was feeling that more weight en muscle would help him on the 450.. But he realized that it made him fat and slow and also explained the bad starts last year!

At the moment he is 72kg he said so thats 11kg lighter. It makes him lighter, faster and getting him those great starts this year What last year was his weakpoint..

He was fast before the Diet, but with it he is crazy fast it seems. Resulst and speed of this year are showing it.

Good Job by Jeff himself.
GODZILLA
9/12/2018 11:17am
Herlings said many times he doesn't enjoy running or cycling that much, although he's probably much better at it than most of us. He's known to burn lots and lots of gas at the track. Actually was a major disagreement with Everts a few years back, since he thought Herlings was riding too much and would burn out...
63mark
9/12/2018 11:22am

early wrote:
Because they where talking about a gay athlete on that show. And Jeffrey was a guest in that show and asked about his opinion.
I think his opinion might be religious based, isn't he a Christian? Anyway, I think he should not have mentioned it. And should have just said people should do whatever makes them happy. Wasn't quite the best answer. Aswell as there are gay people in this sport just as much as in any other sport. Sexual preference has nothing to do with people's hobby or sport.
9/12/2018 11:24am
GODZILLA wrote:
Herlings said many times he doesn't enjoy running or cycling that much, although he's probably much better at it than most of us. He's known to...
Herlings said many times he doesn't enjoy running or cycling that much, although he's probably much better at it than most of us. He's known to burn lots and lots of gas at the track. Actually was a major disagreement with Everts a few years back, since he thought Herlings was riding too much and would burn out...
Yeah I’ve also heard he’s an animal at the practice track. I’ve heard he runs short sprint moto’s all day long while he’s at the track is that true?
PNWOffroad
Fantasy
3219th
9/12/2018 12:03pm
PNWOffroad wrote:
I know that Aldon is “proven” because he’s provided championship results to his athletes but it’s important the note that draining guys like he does doesn’t...
TSCHAM101 wrote:
if you have never eaten whole, non processed foods, you wont understand the differences... But eat whole foods, vegetables, fruits, beef,poultry, fish, grains for a month...
if you have never eaten whole, non processed foods, you wont understand the differences...

But eat whole foods, vegetables, fruits, beef,poultry, fish, grains for a month and then go back to the fast food, sugar stuff. and you will feel like complete dog shit, and wont be able to perform like you did the month prior...

At the moment of the switch, it wont be that noticeable, but when you go back to eating crap, you will notice a huge difference...
I’m not saying that doesn’t make a difference, trust me nothing but whole unprocessed foods in our family (95%) of the time. It just seems like he may be restricting caloric intake on those guys more than necassary. They just look gaunt
Rs444
9/12/2018 12:35pm
He was with and aldon for ironman and the usgp. He himself said the training aldon does wouldnt work for him so there you have your answer Smile
Graybeard
Fantasy
2478th
9/12/2018 12:48pm
early wrote:
63mark wrote:
I think his opinion might be religious based, isn't he a Christian? Anyway, I think he should not have mentioned it. And should have just said...
I think his opinion might be religious based, isn't he a Christian? Anyway, I think he should not have mentioned it. And should have just said people should do whatever makes them happy. Wasn't quite the best answer. Aswell as there are gay people in this sport just as much as in any other sport. Sexual preference has nothing to do with people's hobby or sport.
No, he was asked and gave his honest opinion/ his belief. Absolutely nothing wrong with that, and no need to be PC because of your religious beliefs or whatever.
63mark
9/12/2018 12:55pm
63mark wrote:
I think his opinion might be religious based, isn't he a Christian? Anyway, I think he should not have mentioned it. And should have just said...
Graybeard wrote:
No, he was asked and gave his honest opinion/ his belief. Absolutely nothing wrong with that, and no need to be PC because of your religious...
No, he was asked and gave his honest opinion/ his belief. Absolutely nothing wrong with that, and no need to be PC because of your religious beliefs or whatever.
I know. But all I mean is that he is representing the sport in our country. And in our country it's all about soccer. In which homosexuality still is like a taboo. So if he would have kept his opinion to himself, and just said that he thinks everyone should do what makes them happy. Then it would have been more of a positive PR answer. But ofcourse he has the right to believe what he wants aswell as to have his own opinion.

Post a reply to: Herlings training program question

The Latest