Herlings to compete MXGP & the Nationals ?

Question
Edited Date/Time 3/10/2016 5:40pm

Ok the title is fishing, sorry, but I get so bored by the MX2 class that I cant even watch it anymore ... Herlings is just on a different level, his team career management is not great for his legacy especially when you see for instance Roczen winning in the big class in the US ...

So here is the challenge, his new calendar, every fans would like to this, it takes some big balls but JH has what it takes I believe.

GP:
27 Feb: Qatar (Losail)
6 March: Thaïland (Suphan Buri)
28 March: Europe (Valkenswaard, Netherlands)
10 April: Argentina (Neuquen)
17 April: Mexico (León)
1 May: Lettonie (Kegums)
8 May: Germany (Teutschenthal)
15 May: Trentino (Arco di Trento, Italie)

AMA:
21 May: Hangtown, Sacramento, California
28 May: Glen Helen, San Bernardino, California (instead of 29 May : Spain)
4 June: Thunder Valley, Lakewood, Colorado (instead of 5 June: France - St Jean d’Angely)
18 June: High Point, Mt. Morris, Pennsylvania (instead of 19 June: UK Matterley Basin)
25 June: Tennessee, Blountville, Tennessee (instead of 26 June: Lombardie Mantova, Italy)
2 July: RedBud, Buchanan, Michigan
9 July: Southwick, Southwick, Massachusetts​
16 July: Spring Creek, Millville, Minnesota​

Then back to GP:
24 July: Czech Republic (Loket). (Instead of: 23 July: Washougal, Washougal, Washington)
31 July: Belgium (Lommel)
7 August: Switzerland (Frauenfeld).

Then AMA
13 aout : Unadilla, New York​
20 aout : Budds Creek, Mechanicsville, Maryland​

Then GP:
28 August: Netherlands - Assen. (instead of 27 aout : Ironman, Crawfordsville, Indiana​)
3 September: USA (Charlotte)
11 September: USA (Glen Helen)

If he goes undefeated in GP, I think he would still wrap up the championship (missing 4 rounds).

Then, even if he misses 2 rounds in the Nationals, we never know, maybe he could also wrap it up.

If he wins both, he becomes a legend, and I really wish him the best.

The thing is we will never know if he is the best 250 rider ever, despite his 60 or 70 GP wins, and so his legacy will always be contested (as Everts MX3 wins & titles), because he did not give us any proof that he is better than Martin, Webb, or the previous 250 killers (Tomac, Barcia, Musquin, Roczen, etc).
|
RG1
3/6/2016 6:52am
There's absolutely no way this happens. Maybe he wraps up the MX2 title early and races 1 or 2 nationals and the last few GP's in the MX1 class. I think Herlings now regrets not racing MXGP this year, but at the time where he had to make the decision, he didn't think he'd be this good already.
downard254
3/6/2016 6:52am
Well, as they say, if you're gonna dream, dream big!
agn5009
3/6/2016 6:53am
Are you joking or retarded?

The Shop

Question
3/6/2016 7:00am

Only 24 races. Good amateurs do as many races in a season.

I became a Roczen fan when he did something similar:
West Championship with some podiums I believe, whereas he was 16 like
World Champion in GP
Then a killing at the MXdN

That is how you earn the legend status.

I just proposed a way to get an upgrade Smile
3/6/2016 7:08am
Question wrote:
Only 24 races. Good amateurs do as many races in a season. I became a Roczen fan when he did something similar: West Championship with some...

World Champion in GP

So you think he will do as you want? I want him to stay and wax MX2 class again in 2017. Lame proposals you have.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
3/6/2016 7:10am
So if he misses 4 GPs Ferrandis can make up about 200 points. It's not impossible for Herlings to still win the title but its gonna be tough.

Between Mantova and Loket he could definitely to some Nationals though.
Red Bud, Southwick and Millville, 2 of those are sandy.
ATKpilot99
3/6/2016 7:16am Edited Date/Time 3/6/2016 7:16am
I've heard this before and even heard him said he'd like to do it but injury or some circumstance has always gotten in the way. I'll believe it when I see it. Racing Martin and Webb on AMA tracks wouldn't be easy for him also. It would definitely be interesting and would create a similar buzz to when RV went to the GPs.
Excaliburbmx
3/6/2016 7:22am
Question wrote:
Only 24 races. Good amateurs do as many races in a season. I became a Roczen fan when he did something similar: West Championship with some...

World Champion in GP

So you think he will do as you want? I want him to stay and wax MX2 class again in 2017. Lame proposals you have.
Lame is a good word for either scenario.
Question
3/6/2016 7:23am
Question wrote:

World Champion in GP

I do not really care about him anymore since he doesnt have the balls to come to the US to find some new competition and to show he is the best. What does 60 GP wins really means if you did not win even a few races on the other side ?

To stay in MX2 (even in 2017), I am fine with it because he got serious injuries, but focusing on GP only is like a kid playing in his sand pit until he is 10. Just my personal opinion. I think he has the talent to win in any class, it is a compliment, not a bashing, I just have the feeling that it will be the same boring class and a waste of talent.

Just imagine that Roczen is in his 2nd year in the supercross class and has already an Outdoor title in 450 ! ... Whereas I think that Herlings has as much talent !
RG1
3/6/2016 7:28am
Question wrote:
I do not really care about him anymore since he doesnt have the balls to come to the US to find some new competition and to...

I do not really care about him anymore since he doesnt have the balls to come to the US to find some new competition and to show he is the best. What does 60 GP wins really means if you did not win even a few races on the other side ?

To stay in MX2 (even in 2017), I am fine with it because he got serious injuries, but focusing on GP only is like a kid playing in his sand pit until he is 10. Just my personal opinion. I think he has the talent to win in any class, it is a compliment, not a bashing, I just have the feeling that it will be the same boring class and a waste of talent.

Just imagine that Roczen is in his 2nd year in the supercross class and has already an Outdoor title in 450 ! ... Whereas I think that Herlings has as much talent !
You could say the same about anyone. What is the point of all Carmichael's victories without a GP win? You can't blame a guy for not travelling to the other side of the world in either situation. He would've raced at least one national already by now had he not broke his femur. It's just the way things go.
BobPA
3/6/2016 7:29am
Question wrote:
I do not really care about him anymore since he doesnt have the balls to come to the US to find some new competition and to...

Wins=money

Money=chicks

Chicks > your internet opinion
3/6/2016 7:40am
Question wrote:

You understand that MXGP WC is superior championat in the world, right? Why go elsewhere? AMA is just for money, and Herlings confirmed in his last weeks interview - money is not his motivation. His goal is GP wins. Maybe as spectator you just want to be entertained by him competing in AMA, but he is PRO racer and seeks for records.
Mini Elsinore
3/6/2016 7:52am
Would love to see JH84 stateside, but you should be punched for the thread title bait.....
ATKpilot99
3/6/2016 7:54am
You understand that MXGP WC is superior championat in the world, right? Why go elsewhere? AMA is just for money, and Herlings confirmed in his last...
You understand that MXGP WC is superior championat in the world, right? Why go elsewhere? AMA is just for money, and Herlings confirmed in his last weeks interview - money is not his motivation. His goal is GP wins. Maybe as spectator you just want to be entertained by him competing in AMA, but he is PRO racer and seeks for records.
The Source ?
3/6/2016 8:20am
lets see at the end of Roczen and Herlings career who has made the best out of it ..........
Jimmy_Sloan
3/6/2016 8:25am
agn5009 wrote:
Are you joking or retarded?
Given the title of this thread and the opening line that he's fishing with the title, my guess is that he's both.
Question
3/6/2016 8:26am
You understand that MXGP WC is superior championat in the world, right? Why go elsewhere? AMA is just for money, and Herlings confirmed in his last...
ATKpilot99 wrote:
The Source ?

"You understand that MXGP WC is superior championat in the world, right?". Stacked yes, superior, not in my opinion. SX is way superior, MXGP & Nationals are about equals.

Also between watching Daytona (which kept me awake until 3pm) and the MXGP in Thailand (which I slept half way through the MX2, whereas it was only a 2 hours coverage), for me the choice is easy.

Not that the Nationals are better, but 60 GP wins means not much if there is no win against the best 250 guys in the US too.

cali11
3/6/2016 8:39am
Dude gas not won the world title in like 2-3 years? You think he can handle that many races and not yard sale?
Jimmy_Sloan
3/6/2016 8:39am
The MXGP is not the superior "championat" in the world right now.
DP#201
3/6/2016 9:00am
Question wrote:

When would you suposed he should have went to the US? He have been injured the last two years. Actualy he was planning on doing a national right before he broke his femur. I think Herlings carrier would have looked a lot different if he had won his 3th title that year and maybe also a national, maybe he would be on his way for his 2nd MXGP title this year, or maybe he would be Racing 250 in the US who knows. The last two years have kind of set him back, Roczen have never had any major injuries.
The Rock
3/6/2016 9:14am
This might be the longest we've gone between MXGP vs Nats debate/nonsense
3/6/2016 9:20am Edited Date/Time 3/6/2016 9:22am
I would love to see Jeffrey Herlings and Jeremy Martin going at it.

Sure Herlings might be the best out of those two, but I don't think there's that much of a difference between them For example, at MXON last year, Martin was able to finish a minute ahead of Seewer in both races and the qualifying. He was also a second a lap faster than Gajser every races in Sugo (japan), and was able to put pressure on Van Horebeek and beat Simpson on their 450's back at MXON, which is what Herlings has done in the pre-season races in Italy, GB and France.
bob567
3/6/2016 9:26am
The USA tracks are groomed to the consistency of chocolate cake and located near major metros with huge motocross followings. Herlings would struggle with these polar opposites.
3/6/2016 9:41am
crusty_xx wrote:
So if he misses 4 GPs Ferrandis can make up about 200 points. It's not impossible for Herlings to still win the title but its gonna...
So if he misses 4 GPs Ferrandis can make up about 200 points. It's not impossible for Herlings to still win the title but its gonna be tough.

Between Mantova and Loket he could definitely to some Nationals though.
Red Bud, Southwick and Millville, 2 of those are sandy.
I for one would love to see Herlings compete at Millville / Southwick this summer!

He almost rode Unadilla a few summers ago but then sadly got injured so he couldn't go / lost the world title that year.

So there should be some interest from him to maybye do it again this year, depending on if the team lets him. But his points lead should be so big by the summer ...
IceMan446
3/6/2016 9:57am
Lets see if Herlings even makes all the GP rounds first.
Spat24
Fantasy
618th
3/6/2016 10:28am
It would be great to see Herlings come to the US and ride a National or two - but to dream he will do all those races is just that: A dream.

It could put the MX2 championship in jeopardy and not sure his sponsors would want him to repeat the last two years.
3/6/2016 11:09am
IceMan446 wrote:
Lets see if Herlings even makes all the GP rounds first.
Indeed. He almost ended his hunt for the title today in Thailand while scrubing. He mentioned this himself. No real threat for Herlings in MX2 after Ferrandis injury, but he just have to be smart now especially when doesn't get holeshots.
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
3/6/2016 11:49am
lets see at the end of Roczen and Herlings career who has made the best out of it ..........
It depends on how you look at it, Roczen is so much better at Supercross than JH will/could ever be that should always be in the equation. Roczen and JH are close on a Outdoor track no doubt but overall Roczen is the better rider, he has excelled in the GP's smoking JH for a title and has a 450 outdoor AMA title and a 250 SX title as well as being in second place right now in SX. It will never be an apples to apples comparison...

Post a reply to: Herlings to compete MXGP & the Nationals ?

The Latest