Herlings timing...

ehr400
8/25/2017 5:53am
kongols wrote:
He`s using USA spec engine, but everything else is from GP.
At least that is what I got out of his interview with GuyB.
he said he was testing the AMA bike at Baker yesterday , he did say differences between bikes were not that big from what i understood...
he said he was testing the AMA bike at Baker yesterday , he did say differences between bikes were not that big from what i understood he isnt racing his own bike .. if so would mean he is racing a stock KTM frame and swingarm in MXGP ? hard to imagine with his length and weight but it could be , i dont know ..
You think they would say they are running a completly different frame or all their secrets? Cmon. Everyone knows in the AMA there is alot of bending the production rule, in the GP's where you can do what you want you think they would run bone stock stuff?
RG1
8/25/2017 5:56am
Turbojez wrote:
Herlings is clearly in Tomac's head bros. I'm surprised no one noticed, not surprised or anything. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/08/25/211404/s1200_asd.jpg[/img] I'll X2 what Mchenault499 wrote.
Herlings is clearly in Tomac's head bros. I'm surprised no one noticed, not surprised or anything.

I'll X2 what Mchenault499 wrote.
Rowlands wrote:
LaughingLaughing

This is ridiculous, Herlings is going to break vital this weekend. More talk about this than the Mayweather vs McGregor fight.
Rightly so. That fight is a complete farce and a circus show
ATKpilot99
8/25/2017 6:06am
They should make him race a bone stock 250 SX 2 stroke . It's just not fair if he's on equal equipment.

The Shop

DP#201
8/25/2017 6:34am
I'm all good with 84 making his way over the pond to take on a race but... If he wins(and he very well could) it will...
I'm all good with 84 making his way over the pond to take on a race but...

If he wins(and he very well could) it will be against a very very depleted group...tomac will be on cruise control for the title, misquin will be charging and bb4 will be whatever he can with his thumb...

There are no bragging rights to be gained...dungey/villopotto must be wondering why he never stepped up in the last 5 years...suddenly now out of the blue?

I'm sure he will do well...he is lightning fast...but this is an exhibition and nothing more...nobody gets to say 'better than america' after this OR 'euros can't hang' if he fails...

It just is what it is
Allready starting with the excuses before the race.. i dont know IF you recall the year Herlings broke hes femur, that injury actualy kept him from racing unadilla that was planed that year.. but ofcause, he probably broke it on purpos so he didnt have to do the race Huh
Rowlands
8/25/2017 6:37am
RG1 wrote:
Rightly so. That fight is a complete farce and a circus show
Your not wrong there.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
8/25/2017 6:43am
greg570 wrote:
I see that he is on a GP bike....so less power than Tomac...WhistlingWhistlingWhistling
That was Canard's bike, now with some of the goodies that Herlings and his mechanic brought over.
alex69
8/25/2017 7:23am
Herlings has 2 weeks fun in the States, meet some friends, and can race with a free mind a national against from what I reading only 3 riders.
ET, MM and BB and the others doesn't count?
Maybe I miss something last week but the overall wasn't taken by the 3 I mention.
It's gonna be as in the GP's it's Herlings who wants to pass me, no way he's gonna pass me.
jeffro503
8/25/2017 7:37am
I'm all good with 84 making his way over the pond to take on a race but... If he wins(and he very well could) it will...

If he wins(and he very well could) it will be against a very very depleted group...tomac will be on cruise control for the title, misquin will be charging and bb4 will be whatever he can with his thumb...

There are no bragging rights to be gained...dungey/villopotto must be wondering why he never stepped up in the last 5 years...suddenly now out of the blue?

I'm sure he will do well...he is lightning fast...but this is an exhibition and nothing more...nobody gets to say 'better than america' after this OR 'euros can't hang' if he fails...

It just is what it is
Jesus dude! Seems like some on here have just lost their minds over this. Jeffrey came here to race....where he finishes , he finishes. I think it's pretty damn awesome that a guy that is second in his own series , decides to give a national a try while he's here.

Why down play it? Weather he wins , takes 2nd , 3rd , 5th....whatever , at least he had the balls to step up and do it. We'll hear shit talk from both sides , but the bottom line is , Jeffrey is here to race and have fun. He just made the last race of the season that much better by joining in. I say " Hell yeah! " on that.
Rowlands
8/25/2017 7:43am
Anyone open this thread hoping for a sweet vid of JH at press day killing a section ?

His timing is normally perfect.
Forty
8/25/2017 7:49am
He'll open some eyes for sure, he's legit and has world class speed and I can't wait to see how he stacks up to the best over here.
8/25/2017 1:59pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Jesus dude! Seems like some on here have just lost their minds over this. Jeffrey came here to race....where he finishes , he finishes. I think...
Jesus dude! Seems like some on here have just lost their minds over this. Jeffrey came here to race....where he finishes , he finishes. I think it's pretty damn awesome that a guy that is second in his own series , decides to give a national a try while he's here.

Why down play it? Weather he wins , takes 2nd , 3rd , 5th....whatever , at least he had the balls to step up and do it. We'll hear shit talk from both sides , but the bottom line is , Jeffrey is here to race and have fun. He just made the last race of the season that much better by joining in. I say " Hell yeah! " on that.
Exactly.

Sadly I'm afraid there is gonna be a shitstorm on here for the next week and a half with Herlings at Ironman and the USGP the following weekend. Hopefully most on here can just enjoy the fact we get to see guys from both series race eachother, in both series, two weeks in a row. I'm sure gonna do so.
Belg
8/25/2017 3:03pm
1 Tomac 2 musquin 3 herlings

tomac now is the 2012 version of herlings !
jeffro503
8/25/2017 3:38pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Jesus dude! Seems like some on here have just lost their minds over this. Jeffrey came here to race....where he finishes , he finishes. I think...

Exactly. Sadly I'm afraid there is gonna be a shitstorm on here for the next week and a half with Herlings at Ironman and the USGP...
Exactly.

Sadly I'm afraid there is gonna be a shitstorm on here for the next week and a half with Herlings at Ironman and the USGP the following weekend. Hopefully most on here can just enjoy the fact we get to see guys from both series race eachother, in both series, two weeks in a row. I'm sure gonna do so.
Yep....you can't be allowed to be fans of all the riders and hope for some great racing. Nope. You have to pick your guy or your country and get ready to listen to either boasting , excuses or some type of slam fest. It's what they call a " lose-lose " situation. You're fucked no matter who you pick.
Fiar
8/25/2017 3:52pm
Refering to the topic title....if Tomac or anyone else from the US would come over to europe and race one MXGP race and they would have picked Lommel...that would be bad timing Cool

RangerLee
8/25/2017 6:03pm
This is a tough one to pick. Tomac does not need to push it at all to lock up the championship, just finish in the top 10.

Riders at that level though do not like to lose and do not want someone from outside the series beating them..usually. Ego is not worth throwing away a championship over though.

Herlings is motivated and it will be exciting. What will the temp and humidity be like though? Will that be a factor?

Marv has been riding great and he has a real chance of snagging 2nd overall for the series so he will be working it, just as BB will be as well. That is where I think we will see some good racing, Marv and Herlings.
8/25/2017 6:23pm
RangerLee wrote:
This is a tough one to pick. Tomac does not need to push it at all to lock up the championship, just finish in the top...
This is a tough one to pick. Tomac does not need to push it at all to lock up the championship, just finish in the top 10.

Riders at that level though do not like to lose and do not want someone from outside the series beating them..usually. Ego is not worth throwing away a championship over though.

Herlings is motivated and it will be exciting. What will the temp and humidity be like though? Will that be a factor?

Marv has been riding great and he has a real chance of snagging 2nd overall for the series so he will be working it, just as BB will be as well. That is where I think we will see some good racing, Marv and Herlings.
High of 77 F, zero chance of rain. No need to consider the weather.
etccb
8/25/2017 6:34pm Edited Date/Time 8/25/2017 6:44pm
I have always been one that hated on Herlings for milking the 250 class for every gp win stat that he could get. Now that he is up where he belongs how can you hate on this dude for what he is doing now. I am now a fan even though I do stand by my feelings and posts the last few years. Good luck 84. I am looking forward to watching the race knowing there are factors involved with the efforts that will be given. Props for having the balls to put yourself out there and join in anyway.
8/25/2017 8:42pm
Turbojez wrote:
Herlings is clearly in Tomac's head bros. I'm surprised no one noticed, not surprised or anything. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/08/25/211404/s1200_asd.jpg[/img] I'll X2 what Mchenault499 wrote.
Herlings is clearly in Tomac's head bros. I'm surprised no one noticed, not surprised or anything.

I'll X2 what Mchenault499 wrote.
He was probably looking to make sure the #94 and #5 weren't gonna roll out of a rig as well
KurtJ99
Fantasy
671st
8/25/2017 10:14pm
Exactly. Sadly I'm afraid there is gonna be a shitstorm on here for the next week and a half with Herlings at Ironman and the USGP...
Exactly.

Yea - but that's where the fun is!
FlaNard
8/25/2017 10:57pm
It's awesome that he has the balls to just come race. Most guys at his level wouldn't on either side of the pond. Nothing but respect. You want a fan base all over the world? This is how you do it.
jeffro503
8/25/2017 11:00pm
Exactly.

KurtJ99 wrote:
Yea - but that's where the fun is!
There will be about 6 Brit's on here that will brag about how well a Dutchman did. Laughing
JC21
8/25/2017 11:06pm
FlaNard wrote:
It's awesome that he has the balls to just come race. Most guys at his level wouldn't on either side of the pond. Nothing but respect...
It's awesome that he has the balls to just come race. Most guys at his level wouldn't on either side of the pond. Nothing but respect. You want a fan base all over the world? This is how you do it.
Yeah for sure, imo Herlings sits a bit behind Vilopotto in so far as sheer balls go - not many of the big boys are willing to risk what Ryan and to lesser extent JH have
tk2stroke
8/25/2017 11:16pm Edited Date/Time 8/25/2017 11:17pm

It just is what it is
Sodipop wrote:
What a stupid fucking thread.
+1 ^^^
robkinuk
8/26/2017 12:03am
jeffro503 wrote:
There will be about 6 Brit's on here that will brag about how well a Dutchman did. Laughing
Jeffro
Settle down in the old colonies!Wink
Have you ever considered a career in the diplomatic corps? You could be Trump's go to man, flown into conflicts to ease tension and get all sides singing: " I'd like to teach the world to sing!" (Old Coca Cola ad song), but no you would rather stir the shite again, trying to big yourself up as the self appointed press officer for Moto America.Evil
Do you even have a passport?

Go get a life....................TongueLaughing
mxmasta
Fantasy
724th
8/26/2017 12:48am
jeffro503 wrote:
The brits are really in your head, huh?

Give it a rest Jeffro, it's getting lame to see you in every thread showing your love for the brits.
mxmasta
Fantasy
724th
8/26/2017 12:51am
jeffro503 wrote:
Yep....you can't be allowed to be fans of all the riders and hope for some great racing. Nope. You have to pick your guy or your...
Yep....you can't be allowed to be fans of all the riders and hope for some great racing. Nope. You have to pick your guy or your country and get ready to listen to either boasting , excuses or some type of slam fest. It's what they call a " lose-lose " situation. You're fucked no matter who you pick.
Very well said.

I guess most of the real fans that just enjoy the sport and the races without hanging from one riders balls are quit posting on here because of all the bullshit that's going on on this board.

Post a reply to: Herlings timing...

The Latest