Herlings takes out Cairoli

brimx153
6/3/2018 11:03pm
shuggs wrote:
Whether you think JH is a dick or not (IMO he is!!) he is carrying some crazy confidence & speed, if he can keep this up...
Whether you think JH is a dick or not (IMO he is!!) he is carrying some crazy confidence & speed, if he can keep this up (mmm doubtful without a big off) nobody can stop him. For me big test in France next week on a notoriously hard packed track.

TC is far from an angel and it is only in the past couple of years he is using his brain more when racing, he had done his fair share of ‘hard passes’ - as have they all
I d love to know what changed around here . Everyone use to think Herrlings was a dick . Then all of a sudden everyone loves him . Imo he is one if not the greatest rider to sit on a MX bike .But he is also imo the greatest dickhead to ever sit on a MX bike to . Just shows if your good enough at something people start to forget what your like as a person
kongols
6/3/2018 11:06pm
Crush wrote:
Kind of reminded me of Deano and Eli in SX that year... The inside guy high-sides the rut a little and changes his arc but doesn't...
Kind of reminded me of Deano and Eli in SX that year... The inside guy high-sides the rut a little and changes his arc but doesn't shut off... boom.

So not deliberate, but also I don't give a fuck.
jemcee wrote:
I agree probably could've been avoided but he didn't particularly care to go to the lengths needed to avoid it haha.. Was definitely unnecessary but Cairoli...
I agree probably could've been avoided but he didn't particularly care to go to the lengths needed to avoid it haha..
Was definitely unnecessary but Cairoli has been poking the bear a little too much this year and it just caught up to him

It's killing me though cause I'm a huge Cairoli fan and it frustrating and disheartening seeing get done to him what he's been doing to others for the last ten years haha (Late charge to win)
It's also obviously frustrating him as he's starting to sook a bit which isn't a good look but I can understand it
Crush wrote:
Weird life position hey. What is he, 35 or so, waaaaaaay better than everyone except the next guy. What do you do? Hang around and see...
Weird life position hey. What is he, 35 or so, waaaaaaay better than everyone except the next guy.

What do you do? Hang around and see what happens or pack it in?

If Herlings wasn't there, he'd piss in another 5 titles it seems.
Sideways
6/3/2018 11:10pm
brimx153 wrote:
I d love to know what changed around here . Everyone use to think Herrlings was a dick . Then all of a sudden everyone loves...
I d love to know what changed around here . Everyone use to think Herrlings was a dick . Then all of a sudden everyone loves him . Imo he is one if not the greatest rider to sit on a MX bike .But he is also imo the greatest dickhead to ever sit on a MX bike to . Just shows if your good enough at something people start to forget what your like as a person
He has not been a "dick" for several years imo. You have to remember that he was 15-16yrs old when he had rants and cursed in interviews.

Now I think he shows sportmanship and is humble in defeat. Sure hes got a ego and believes in himself but thats nothing new for top athletes.
brimx153
6/3/2018 11:11pm
alex69 wrote:
Are you sure,? Most here forget Trentino last year.
http://www.motoxaddicts.com/2017/04/16/antonio-cairoli-passes-at-2017-m…
brimx153 wrote:
?????? You think them passes are the same ???? Block passing where you come to a stop Vs taking someone s front wheel fairly high speed...
?????? You think them passes are the same ???? Block passing where you come to a stop Vs taking someone s front wheel fairly high speed is pretty different imo
kongols wrote:
Pretty much the same. Difference is- they let it off, Cairoli decided to gas it. Cairoli lost a position on first contact but decided to gas...
Pretty much the same. Difference is- they let it off, Cairoli decided to gas it. Cairoli lost a position on first contact but decided to gas it and went back in to Herlings line. Inside almost always wins. Desperate move, I don`t blame him.
Even though there s contact in all the passes there a different type of pass to me . The one on Paulin AC did was dirty imo . Imo you can do a dirty but legal pass in mx . Just .you better be ready to get it back .Which is fine .

The Shop

6/3/2018 11:12pm Edited Date/Time 6/3/2018 11:28pm
Looks to me like Herlings aims for the inside line and then all of a sudden decides to just slam TC. You can see him get on the gas, then back off for a split second as he pops over the berm and then pin it.
brimx153
6/3/2018 11:21pm
brimx153 wrote:
I d love to know what changed around here . Everyone use to think Herrlings was a dick . Then all of a sudden everyone loves...
Sideways wrote:
He has not been a "dick" for several years imo. You have to remember that he was 15-16yrs old when he had rants and cursed in...
He has not been a "dick" for several years imo. You have to remember that he was 15-16yrs old when he had rants and cursed in interviews.

Now I think he shows sportmanship and is humble in defeat. Sure hes got a ego and believes in himself but thats nothing new for top athletes.
Emm I am going to have to disagree with that. I think he has become a better person when the camera is on . Being humble is a big thing for me . And imo jeffery is far from that . Take someone like MC and all he achieved. Still is as very humble person
Jefro98
6/3/2018 11:24pm
brimx153 wrote:
Emm I am going to have to disagree with that. I think he has become a better person when the camera is on . Being humble...
Emm I am going to have to disagree with that. I think he has become a better person when the camera is on . Being humble is a big thing for me . And imo jeffery is far from that . Take someone like MC and all he achieved. Still is as very humble person
MC was a dick too when he started to take over the world.
They all were.
MC, RC, Everts, TC222, etc.
Remember RC in Vegas dressed up as a king?

They mellow down when they get older.
tek14
6/3/2018 11:25pm
Jefro98 wrote:
Let me help you guys: [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/448/thumbs/104020/original_jh10.JPG[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/448/thumbs/104019/original_jh20.JPG[/img]
Let me help you guys:

Well there you have it.
kongols
6/3/2018 11:29pm
Yup. First picture is where it`s at. Cairoli has already lost. The following is just desperation.
kongols
6/3/2018 11:34pm Edited Date/Time 6/3/2018 11:36pm
brimx153 wrote:
Emm I am going to have to disagree with that. I think he has become a better person when the camera is on . Being humble...
Herlings has nothing for Cairoli in that department. I always chuckle at people who think Tony is a nice guy when camera is off.
jemcee
6/3/2018 11:47pm
Crush wrote:
Weird life position hey. What is he, 35 or so, waaaaaaay better than everyone except the next guy. What do you do? Hang around and see...
Weird life position hey. What is he, 35 or so, waaaaaaay better than everyone except the next guy.

What do you do? Hang around and see what happens or pack it in?

If Herlings wasn't there, he'd piss in another 5 titles it seems.
Gotta be frustrating that this challenge has come so late in his career, I've heard it said that he's riding better than ever but I reckon it's just that he hasn't been forced to..
I'm assuming he would be in a better frame of mind about it if he had his tenth title.. I mean he'd still be trying to win cause he's a short Italian haha but those 2 years of injuries are stinging even more now
roninho
6/3/2018 11:48pm
Imo a hard move by Herlings which could have easily ended in him falling, so i dont think it was intended. TC could have backed out, but didnt and he was the unlucky one.
jemcee
6/3/2018 11:51pm
Jefro98 wrote:
Let me help you guys: [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/448/thumbs/104020/original_jh10.JPG[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/448/thumbs/104019/original_jh20.JPG[/img]
Let me help you guys:

tek14 wrote:
Well there you have it.
Well not entirely you've gotta take into consideration where both bikes should be pointed to get to the next corner
Sideways
6/4/2018 12:00am
brimx153 wrote:
MC humble? hahaha

Maybe he is humble now, but if you think MC was a humble guy when he was racing that is so far from the truth. The dude had the biggest ego ever.
jemcee
6/4/2018 12:34am
Jefro98 wrote:
Let me help you guys:

Ya might wanna put these two in there

Jefro98
6/4/2018 12:46am
jemcee wrote:
Ya might wanna put these two in there [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/06/04/265777/s1200_01.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/06/04/265778/s1200_02.jpg[/img]
Ya might wanna put these two in there

Thx, makes it more complete indeed.
I pulled the screenshots from an Italian website, they started the sequence with what I posted.
tomgreen44
6/4/2018 12:55am
brimx153 wrote:
Sideways wrote:
He has not been a "dick" for several years imo. You have to remember that he was 15-16yrs old when he had rants and cursed in...

brimx153 wrote:
I don’t get how you can watch someone put on a performance like that and still have an attitude about the way he was when he was 16/17 ?
Jefro98
6/4/2018 12:55am Edited Date/Time 6/4/2018 1:02am
This is the decisive moment IMO.
They both are aiming for turn one,
TC starts to wheely and his rear brakes out, JH slides towards him which makes them collide.

6/4/2018 1:11am
Jefro98 wrote:
This is the decisive moment IMO. They both are aiming for turn one, TC starts to wheely and his rear brakes out, JH slides towards him...
TC starts to wheely and his rear brakes out, JH slides towards him which makes them collide.

Exactly. Neither wanted to give up, they were both going for it. It was hard racing.
BobKerr
6/4/2018 5:22am Edited Date/Time 6/4/2018 5:27am
Looked like good racing to me. I think it was on TC to let off judging by Herlings being inside and slightly ahead of him after the initial contact.
AK74
6/4/2018 5:26am
To quote Cairoli: “Today in both heats I managed to ride well – unfortunately the contact with Jeffrey in race one was unexpected but motocross is like this sometimes. In race two I tried to get away but in the end he caught and passed me. It’s a shame to lead 25 of the 28 laps without winning the Grand Prix but we must also say that the pace compared to the others is much higher and we have improved a lot compared to last year. We will not give up and will continue to attack next week in France.”

(my emphasis)

http://www.bikesportnews.com/news/news-detail/mxgp-britain-ktm-riders-g…

France should be epic. I'm expecting fireworks.

Robgvx
6/4/2018 5:27am
Jefro98 wrote:
This is the decisive moment IMO. They both are aiming for turn one, TC starts to wheely and his rear brakes out, JH slides towards him...

JH got on the gas early and his bike stood up on him slightly, sending him straighter than anticipated. (That’s happened to everyone).

AC kinda spun out slightly in the berm, turning him tighter than he expected. (That’s also happened to everyone)

Result: collision. No take out IMO.
6/4/2018 6:14am
Not watched it yet, but didn't mind the spoiler. Nice to see some fight, and that's just racing.
kage173
6/4/2018 6:21am
Young bull de-throning the old bull. Tale as old as time.
6/4/2018 6:38am
Cairoli will run it in hard but never blantantly takes someone out. Herlings is known for moves like that. If someone does something like that to...
Cairoli will run it in hard but never blantantly takes someone out. Herlings is known for moves like that. If someone does something like that to him he cries and has a hissy fit and curses on TV.
Hahahaha the only thing you can come up with is something from 6 or 7 years ago?
Tony had this one coming a long time. If I was Herlings I would have knocked him tfo many times before. Cairoli does nothing but cutting on the start straight, blockpasses (he tries) and brake checking. Finally somebody who gives him back what he deserves.
themrtoad
6/4/2018 6:45am
To be perfectly honest JH also bumped AC quite hard in the entrance to the corner. He locked up and bumped AC out of balance and out of line. When AC regrouped and tried to get back to the raceline JH finished him. I'm not saying it was intentional, but the collision happened because of a situation which is not in the pics submitted here.

They were lapping a swedish rider(what else) and it was a bit chaotic before JH sent AC to the ground.
rangot
6/4/2018 6:56am Edited Date/Time 6/4/2018 6:57am
TC has years of being one of the dirtiest on the track, cutting front wheels on start straights and others shenanigans. He didn't need to do it for a long time, when he was the class of the field just yarding everybody. Already two years ago with Gasjer and last year with Jeffrey, he regained his old habits of doing shady things on the track. Not blatant take outs, but just dirty little maneuvers. I like him, but i am also glad Jeffrey put him in this place for good. Now, that being said, Jeffrey should not gate right next to him next GP. Just sayin.
tomgreen44
6/4/2018 7:11am
Alright let me re phrase what I said for you.
I don’t get how you can watch someone put in a performance like that and still have an attitude about an interview straight after a race a year ago?

Post a reply to: Herlings takes out Cairoli

The Latest