Vince Lombardi
Jackie Robinson
Tiger Woods
Tom Brady
...or any boxer...

The Shop

cbuehler767
6/7/2019 8:39pm
Herlings is basically the most disrespectful arrogant athlete ever you're saying? Ok got it. Sounds reasonable
6/8/2019 12:36am
Thank you all for your honesty. It seems it's his attitude that puts a lot of USA fans off-side. Interesting given one of the most popular...
Thank you all for your honesty. It seems it's his attitude that puts a lot of USA fans off-side.

Interesting given one of the most popular Leagues in The States, NFL, celebrates showmanship and players with cocky attitudes.

Then there's Muhammad Ali, quoted saying “I am the greatest. I said that even before I knew I was. I figured that if I said it enough, I would convince the world that I really was the greatest.” He was a fan favourite, but I guess he was around before internet forums so.....

Regarding your points about the NFL and Ali, the biggest problem with Herlings on this forum in particular might be that he isn’t American. He would probably have a lot more fans around here if he was. The comments that seem to tick people of the most are the ones where he goes vitard and claps back at the people who bash him around here. Herlings tends to be a honest and straight forward person, not only in victory which is when he rubs people the wrong way, but also in defeat which I find respectable.
Jerkolantern
6/8/2019 1:02am
JasonJLF wrote:
Funny how Ali always gets worshipped for saying he was "The Greatest".... Or Bolt is a legend because of his posturing after a win... Herlings came...
Funny how Ali always gets worshipped for saying he was "The Greatest".... Or Bolt is a legend because of his posturing after a win... Herlings came over, borrowed a bike, rode a track he'd never seen, and rode through the entire pack for the win. What did you expect him to do; apologise.?

Yes, Herlings can be arrogant but he's earned it. Give me a confident sportsman who's proud of his achievements over a bland corporate "my Dunlop tyres hooked up great, my KXF/CRF/whatever was super-reliable, my etc...etc... zzzzzzzzzzz" type rider any day.

The sport is lucky enough to be in a time where there are some bloody fast riders out there on both sides of the pond creating huge interest and drama. Herlings and Tomac are stupid-fast on their day, and Cairoli could be on for a 10th title at an age when most riders are racing the Vet class. The AMA and GPs are pretty even now which keeps both sides excited to the point where the MXdN is creating more interest than it has for years.

What more do some people want.? Just enjoy it ffs....
This ^
2F4A
6/8/2019 4:52am
You present your opinion as a hard fact but you are actually very wrong. I don't know any top rider that is so accessible for media and fans, and does so much for our sport. JH shows up spontaneously at local races to support and help out our youth, does a lot for local tracks and clubs as our sport is under continues treat of leftist morons that want to destroy our sport because of political gains. That's what you don't see about him in the cherry picked interviews where you state he's arrogant, at least he's never hiding in his huge motor home to only show up for autograph sessions and his motos. please stop the ignorant bullshit about him.
ATKpilot99
6/8/2019 4:58am
Thank you all for your honesty. It seems it's his attitude that puts a lot of USA fans off-side. Interesting given one of the most popular...
Thank you all for your honesty. It seems it's his attitude that puts a lot of USA fans off-side.

Interesting given one of the most popular Leagues in The States, NFL, celebrates showmanship and players with cocky attitudes.

Then there's Muhammad Ali, quoted saying “I am the greatest. I said that even before I knew I was. I figured that if I said it enough, I would convince the world that I really was the greatest.” He was a fan favourite, but I guess he was around before internet forums so.....

Regarding your points about the NFL and Ali, the biggest problem with Herlings on this forum in particular might be that he isn’t American. He would...
Regarding your points about the NFL and Ali, the biggest problem with Herlings on this forum in particular might be that he isn’t American. He would probably have a lot more fans around here if he was. The comments that seem to tick people of the most are the ones where he goes vitard and claps back at the people who bash him around here. Herlings tends to be a honest and straight forward person, not only in victory which is when he rubs people the wrong way, but also in defeat which I find respectable.
Yes. In his first season in MXGP he refused to blame the injury he was recovering from for his struggles simply stating he wasn't fast enough yet.
ns503
6/8/2019 6:23am
Not everyone.

Some actually have direct interactions and contact.
6/8/2019 7:42am Edited Date/Time 6/8/2019 8:33am

Regarding your points about the NFL and Ali, the biggest problem with Herlings on this forum in particular might be that he isn’t American. He would...
That’s bullshit. It’s has nothing to do with his nationality. He wasn’t liked because of his long stay in the lites class along with some arrogance. Some thought he was sandbagging. And where is this supposed dislike of the guy other than a few people?
6/8/2019 8:27am

That’s bullshit. It’s has nothing to do with his nationality. He wasn’t liked because of his long stay in the lites class along with some arrogance...
That’s bullshit. It’s has nothing to do with his nationality. He wasn’t liked because of his long stay in the lites class along with some arrogance. Some thought he was sandbagging. And where is this supposed dislike of the guy other than a few people?
Didn’t call all the American fans out, just made an observation about what someone else pointed out. The number of people who have started to come around on him has grown a lot during the last few years around here, and like you said there are very few that seem to have a problem with him anymore.

But since you mentioned the sandbagging theory, that actually is BS made up by Americans. I find it hard to call someone a sandbagger that only won 1 championship in 3 years. Everyone knows why he stayed down for so long, and Herlings has been honest and straight forward about that in interviews too, but there are some who want to ignore it. And most of those people are in all honesty from the US.
seventeen
6/8/2019 5:56pm
For Christ's sake enough already; the lot of you!
St Ann More
6/9/2019 5:45am Edited Date/Time 6/9/2019 5:46am
That’s bullshit. It’s has nothing to do with his nationality. He wasn’t liked because of his long stay in the lites class along with some arrogance...
Didn’t call all the American fans out, just made an observation about what someone else pointed out. The number of people who have started to come...
Didn’t call all the American fans out, just made an observation about what someone else pointed out. The number of people who have started to come around on him has grown a lot during the last few years around here, and like you said there are very few that seem to have a problem with him anymore.

But since you mentioned the sandbagging theory, that actually is BS made up by Americans. I find it hard to call someone a sandbagger that only won 1 championship in 3 years. Everyone knows why he stayed down for so long, and Herlings has been honest and straight forward about that in interviews too, but there are some who want to ignore it. And most of those people are in all honesty from the US.
After Roczen left:

3 titles in 5 years.
109 moto wins out of 140 motos.
54 GP wins out of 70 GP's.

I don't necessarily subscribe to the whole Herlings was a sandbagger, but your suggestion he'd only won one title in three years is weak, he didn't exactly have anything to prove by winning it in 2016.
tek14
6/9/2019 10:28am
How about 4th in his first race back? Top3 next weekend in Latvia.
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
6/11/2019 8:09am Edited Date/Time 6/11/2019 8:10am

Maybe, maybe not. The two most popular riders in the States are not American. Reed and Roczen. Us Americans for some dumb reason have something against the French. If he was French I would see your point. Read up on history, The French were VITAL in helping us get rid of the crown.
WCRider
Fantasy
2287th
6/11/2019 9:19pm
Incredible comeback on a sketchy track.

Post a reply to: Herlings sending a message

The Latest