Herlings sand practice. New.

cable
11/27/2018 4:52pm
I really hope he doesnt sign up for daytona and make our guys look like B riders.
vetmxr
11/27/2018 5:16pm
Damn.....that guy's solid....that bike is set up good too.......
Camp332
11/27/2018 5:54pm
Do you think Herlings with all that talent, could practice SX for a year and be competitive up front here in our Monster SX series? I do.
peltier626
11/27/2018 6:33pm
Could you imagine the complaining about that track from the vitards.

The Shop

Frank
11/27/2018 6:41pm
Camp332 wrote:
Do you think Herlings with all that talent, could practice SX for a year and be competitive up front here in our Monster SX series? I...
Do you think Herlings with all that talent, could practice SX for a year and be competitive up front here in our Monster SX series? I do.
Absolutely and Tomac could practice MX for a year and also be competitive in MXGP.
11/27/2018 6:54pm
He could ride SX as far back as 2011 that Ive seen on American practice tracks.
motomike137
11/29/2018 5:51pm
peltier626 wrote:
Could you imagine the complaining about that track from the vitards.
We have plenty of days like that in d14. Id love to see Herlings at Baja Acres.
chrisg19
Fantasy
4327th
11/30/2018 7:10am
Frank wrote:
Absolutely and Tomac could practice MX for a year and also be competitive in MXGP.
That is probably the case. The biggest difference I see between Tomac and Herlings is that Tomac doesn’t have the same affinity to riding that Herlings does. It seems, from interviews and reports anyway, that to Tomac this is his job, and one he is very good at, while Herlings just loves to ride. They are both great riders, but I think Herlings is something special. I’m glad we are able to watch him ride, because he will be the one people will be talking about years from now. It’s kind of like when us old guys rant about Hannah back in the day. People will remember Tomac fondly, but will revere Herlings. That’s my opinion anyway.
TimR
11/30/2018 8:28am
Why would herlings even care to race SX when he is making as much or more not racing it?

Because the americans believes that their SX series is the center of the whole dirtbike world.
keinz
11/30/2018 8:48am Edited Date/Time 11/30/2018 8:51am
chrisg19 wrote:
That is probably the case. The biggest difference I see between Tomac and Herlings is that Tomac doesn’t have the same affinity to riding that Herlings...
That is probably the case. The biggest difference I see between Tomac and Herlings is that Tomac doesn’t have the same affinity to riding that Herlings does. It seems, from interviews and reports anyway, that to Tomac this is his job, and one he is very good at, while Herlings just loves to ride. They are both great riders, but I think Herlings is something special. I’m glad we are able to watch him ride, because he will be the one people will be talking about years from now. It’s kind of like when us old guys rant about Hannah back in the day. People will remember Tomac fondly, but will revere Herlings. That’s my opinion anyway.
Maybe that the case why US don't win at the MXDN anymore. Because they just doing their job. And for this race even nobody pays
WCRider
Fantasy
2234th
11/30/2018 9:09am
Where is that track Richard ? Need a license to ride ?

ATKpilot99
11/30/2018 9:25am
Why would herlings even care to race SX when he is making as much or more not racing it?

TimR wrote:
Because the americans believes that their SX series is the center of the whole dirtbike world.
Winning an SX title would likely be the toughest challenge for him at this point . He really doesn't have much resistance outdoors from anyone anywhere
Fearo
12/1/2018 12:46am
Herlings doesn't give a rats ass about Supercross. To him, the MXGP World Championship is the only one that matters, and now that the first one is in the bag, you can bet your ass he's looking to smash as many records as possible in Europe.

I don't think there's ever been a time where the US and GP riders' priorities lie so far apart as right now.

WCRider
Fantasy
2234th
12/1/2018 2:27am
WCRider wrote:

track from video is at Berghum .. check https://www.facebook.com/Motorpark-Nieuw-Zevenbergen-263162070695484/ for more info
track from video is at Berghum ..

check https://www.facebook.com/Motorpark-Nieuw-Zevenbergen-263162070695484/ for more info
Thx a lot. Better than Lommel imo.
12/1/2018 3:05am
WCRider wrote:

If you have a Belgium license. You can just ride there. On wednesday , saturday and sunday.

Track will be prepped after each riding day. Not to far from Belgium (oss)
12/1/2018 3:10am
Fearo wrote:
Herlings doesn't give a rats ass about Supercross. To him, the MXGP World Championship is the only one that matters, and now that the first one...
Herlings doesn't give a rats ass about Supercross. To him, the MXGP World Championship is the only one that matters, and now that the first one is in the bag, you can bet your ass he's looking to smash as many records as possible in Europe.

I don't think there's ever been a time where the US and GP riders' priorities lie so far apart as right now.

It seems the two continents are moving in different directions, how long before there are more events added to the SX calendar and riders have to choose Mx or Sx.
Enabler
12/1/2018 6:51am
Motoxdoc wrote:
I "wonder why these guys smoked us at Red Bud" the same way I wonder why Herlings doesn't come to the US to race SX. Do...
I "wonder why these guys smoked us at Red Bud" the same way I wonder why Herlings doesn't come to the US to race SX.

Do you think that just maybe "The Americans are in So-Cal on supercross tracks" for the EXACT same reason Herlings is in the Netherlands practicing outdoors?Dry After all, as you know, it makes sense to practice your profession.
Frank wrote:
Yes they are 2 completely different professions you are correct sir. No reason to have supercross riders race motocross or motocross riders race supercross. This is...
Yes they are 2 completely different professions you are correct sir. No reason to have supercross riders race motocross or motocross riders race supercross. This is not the 1980's anymore.
I think american's have a hard time accepting that supercross is not indoor motocross. It is also a ego thing knowing the US Nationals are no...
I think american's have a hard time accepting that supercross is not indoor motocross. It is also a ego thing knowing the US Nationals are no longer the best riders in the world at the sport of motocross.

USA is the best at supercross and that is what the USA riders/factories/teams/media want. Nothing wrong with that if that is what pays the bills. Time for us to accept that the pinnacle of the sport of motocross is the MXGP series and move on. It's not that hard and you can enjoy watching both series.

Cmon, they are a lot closer to each other than further apart. It most definitely is an indoor version of motocross. To discredit supercross because there is not a viable series in europe is cheap. Furthermore, if what you say is true regarding these being two different disciplines, it certainly does have to lend some credit to the US based riders for being able to do both.

Regardless, I do believe that the MXGP riders, especially Herlings, have surpassed the US riders in motocross.

I grew up with Decoster, Wolsink, Weil, Mikkola, Jonsson, etc. as my heroes. I don't care what side of the world the racers live on, I just appreciate the incredible talent that is on display whenever they are on track.
keinz
12/1/2018 7:44am Edited Date/Time 12/1/2018 7:50am
It seems the two continents are moving in different directions, how long before there are more events added to the SX calendar and riders have to...
It seems the two continents are moving in different directions, how long before there are more events added to the SX calendar and riders have to choose Mx or Sx.
I told that many times brefore. In the future there will be two different series. SX, what is world cc btw already, and MXGP
ron36
12/1/2018 8:13am
WCRider wrote:

If you have a Belgium license. You can just ride there. On wednesday , saturday and sunday. Track will be prepped after each riding day. Not...
If you have a Belgium license. You can just ride there. On wednesday , saturday and sunday.

Track will be prepped after each riding day. Not to far from Belgium (oss)
You need a MON or KNMV licence, maybe you can get a one day insurance .
Berghem is just as heavy as lommel, but flat every saterday and sunday.
Lommel is wider with a faster flow, berghem is prept very well with nice jumps and track can absorp some water.
cbuehler767
12/1/2018 9:34am
RJ explained it well in his latest podcast talking about the MXDN and why the Euros kicked so much ass in the crappy weather. There are...
RJ explained it well in his latest podcast talking about the MXDN and why the Euros kicked so much ass in the crappy weather.

There are videos of Herlings on a SX track too
Ya and none of them are impressive. That said, I could give a shit about SX. Give me outdoors all year long
Frank
12/1/2018 4:37pm
Frank wrote:
Yes they are 2 completely different professions you are correct sir. No reason to have supercross riders race motocross or motocross riders race supercross. This is...
Yes they are 2 completely different professions you are correct sir. No reason to have supercross riders race motocross or motocross riders race supercross. This is not the 1980's anymore.
I think american's have a hard time accepting that supercross is not indoor motocross. It is also a ego thing knowing the US Nationals are no...
I think american's have a hard time accepting that supercross is not indoor motocross. It is also a ego thing knowing the US Nationals are no longer the best riders in the world at the sport of motocross.

USA is the best at supercross and that is what the USA riders/factories/teams/media want. Nothing wrong with that if that is what pays the bills. Time for us to accept that the pinnacle of the sport of motocross is the MXGP series and move on. It's not that hard and you can enjoy watching both series.

Enabler wrote:
Cmon, they are a lot closer to each other than further apart. It most definitely is an indoor version of motocross. To discredit supercross because there...
Cmon, they are a lot closer to each other than further apart. It most definitely is an indoor version of motocross. To discredit supercross because there is not a viable series in europe is cheap. Furthermore, if what you say is true regarding these being two different disciplines, it certainly does have to lend some credit to the US based riders for being able to do both.

Regardless, I do believe that the MXGP riders, especially Herlings, have surpassed the US riders in motocross.

I grew up with Decoster, Wolsink, Weil, Mikkola, Jonsson, etc. as my heroes. I don't care what side of the world the racers live on, I just appreciate the incredible talent that is on display whenever they are on track.
They are as close to each other as Freestyle is to Supercross.....the machines are similar and they both hit big jumps. Must be the same sport right?

Zero discredit to supercross as it is a great sport on its own and I hope they make the series 30 rounds and take it to other countries to actually make it a true world championship. (or stop calling it one)

The usa nationals is for the up and comers.

Shaned9326
12/1/2018 4:48pm
All I can say is that the Mxgp package is damn well worth every penny they charge as the amount of racing you get throughout every weekend is on point and would recommend it to any mx fan!!?

Post a reply to: Herlings sand practice. New.

The Latest