Herlings' roll off system

Edited Date/Time 3/19/2018 6:05pm
At the weekend, Herlings was running roll offs. When he came into the pits during the qualifying race, he was grabbing a load of tear offs but he also had a roll off system. How did he attached the tear offs because my Oakleys don't have pegs on them?
|
3/19/2018 12:27pm
He's probably running pre-production stuff to test for them
Hmm maybe. I also noticed Seweer was using the Forecast system on his 100% goggles and his ones had pegs on them. When they was sold to the public, they was meant to have pegs but at the last minute they had to take them off because of a patent infringement .
Shawn142
3/19/2018 1:03pm
I've seen more than a few one-off systems that put a couple tear-offs on top of roll-offs.

The Shop

Motofinne
3/19/2018 1:08pm
Hmm maybe. I also noticed Seweer was using the Forecast system on his 100% goggles and his ones had pegs on them. When they was sold...
Hmm maybe. I also noticed Seweer was using the Forecast system on his 100% goggles and his ones had pegs on them. When they was sold to the public, they was meant to have pegs but at the last minute they had to take them off because of a patent infringement .
So that is the reason Oakley and 100% rolloffs don't have the pegs for tearoffs? I would imagine that Scott has the patent on that, they have had that feature with their rolloffs forever.

I use the Airbrakes and it's incredibly frustrating to not have that feature. I've actually thought about getting a set of Scott Prospects only because of that feature.
Cygrace74
3/19/2018 1:16pm
Pretty sure Scott at one point had a patent on it, believe they called them holeshot tearoffs.
MXMattii
3/19/2018 1:24pm
It wasn't a Pro Grip mask? That happens sometimes with riders... they mix their sponsored masks with the best masks for mud races and then switch some elastics.

NOT SAYING HERLINGS DOES THAT OR DID THAT. But we all know the story about Tickle and his Scott/Xbrand Elastics and some others. In Europe the Pro Grip is the mask to have from our friend Herman!
3/19/2018 1:34pm
Hmm maybe. I also noticed Seweer was using the Forecast system on his 100% goggles and his ones had pegs on them. When they was sold...
Motofinne wrote:
So that is the reason Oakley and 100% rolloffs don't have the pegs for tearoffs? I would imagine that Scott has the patent on that, they...
So that is the reason Oakley and 100% rolloffs don't have the pegs for tearoffs? I would imagine that Scott has the patent on that, they have had that feature with their rolloffs forever.

I use the Airbrakes and it's incredibly frustrating to not have that feature. I've actually thought about getting a set of Scott Prospects only because of that feature.
Maybe I don't know. When I went to buy the Forecast system and I asked my dealer where are the pegs, he said about the patent infringement and that the reps has to pull them out and put the rubber bungs in.

The only goggles that I know that have them over here in the UK is Scott & Rip n Roll.

Just seems strange that a goggle company would let their riders use something that technically they shouldn't be using.
3/19/2018 1:54pm
MXMattii wrote:
It wasn't a Pro Grip mask? That happens sometimes with riders... they mix their sponsored masks with the best masks for mud races and then switch...
It wasn't a Pro Grip mask? That happens sometimes with riders... they mix their sponsored masks with the best masks for mud races and then switch some elastics.

NOT SAYING HERLINGS DOES THAT OR DID THAT. But we all know the story about Tickle and his Scott/Xbrand Elastics and some others. In Europe the Pro Grip is the mask to have from our friend Herman!
No man.... Herlings is Oakley for life. The new roll off for the airbrake is actually really solid. But it doesn't have the tear off posts. I can imagine they do a one off for Herlings though if he asked for it.
3/19/2018 2:03pm
No man.... Herlings is Oakley for life. The new roll off for the airbrake is actually really solid. But it doesn't have the tear off posts...
No man.... Herlings is Oakley for life. The new roll off for the airbrake is actually really solid. But it doesn't have the tear off posts. I can imagine they do a one off for Herlings though if he asked for it.
They have changed the roll off system on the Oakleys? I’ve had no luck with them, went through three sets and gave up, absolute junk.
tcallahan707
3/19/2018 2:04pm
Motofinne wrote:
So that is the reason Oakley and 100% rolloffs don't have the pegs for tearoffs? I would imagine that Scott has the patent on that, they...

Maybe I don't know. When I went to buy the Forecast system and I asked my dealer where are the pegs, he said about the patent...
Maybe I don't know. When I went to buy the Forecast system and I asked my dealer where are the pegs, he said about the patent infringement and that the reps has to pull them out and put the rubber bungs in.

The only goggles that I know that have them over here in the UK is Scott & Rip n Roll.

Just seems strange that a goggle company would let their riders use something that technically they shouldn't be using.
Is it technically patent infringement if they aren't selling the product? Maybe that's how they get around using it for their pro riders.
3/19/2018 2:09pm
Is it technically patent infringement if they aren't selling the product? Maybe that's how they get around using it for their pro riders.
Good question & one I cannot answer but they are paying that rider to use them??
Cygrace74
3/19/2018 2:10pm
They have changed the roll off system on the Oakleys? I’ve had no luck with them, went through three sets and gave up, absolute junk.
New roll off system came out about two months ago, same part number I believe but is called BRO for big roll off. A lot of retailers are still selling the old system though so be careful to not order the old ones.
3/19/2018 2:13pm
Cygrace74 wrote:
New roll off system came out about two months ago, same part number I believe but is called BRO for big roll off. A lot of...
New roll off system came out about two months ago, same part number I believe but is called BRO for big roll off. A lot of retailers are still selling the old system though so be careful to not order the old ones.
Found the Issue was grit and fine sand getting in the recoil mechanism and locking it up.
HenryA
3/19/2018 2:23pm
Cygrace74 wrote:
New roll off system came out about two months ago, same part number I believe but is called BRO for big roll off. A lot of...
Probably the best name in the biz
3/19/2018 3:01pm
Smith goggles had that tear offs on top of the roll offs thing, they called it first turn tear offs. I remember using those for the first time almost 15 years ago.
kary
3/19/2018 3:01pm
Am I the only one to have 100% forecast roll-off with the tear-off pegs on them ?
Bramlett321
3/19/2018 3:08pm
At the weekend, Herlings was running roll offs. When he came into the pits during the qualifying race, he was grabbing a load of tear offs...
At the weekend, Herlings was running roll offs. When he came into the pits during the qualifying race, he was grabbing a load of tear offs but he also had a roll off system. How did he attached the tear offs because my Oakleys don't have pegs on them?
I’ll look at my airbrakes when I get in but they have a roll off system on them !!
3/19/2018 3:32pm
kary wrote:
Am I the only one to have 100% forecast roll-off with the tear-off pegs on them ?
You were probably one of the lucky ones to get a set before they was pulled.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
3/19/2018 3:46pm
Scott Hustle. Still the best google in the business IMO
Plus you can buy two of them plus two replacement lenses and a pack of tearoffs for the price of one Prospect or Airbrake...

CASH476
3/19/2018 5:28pm
crusty_xx wrote:
Scott Hustle. Still the best google in the business IMO Plus you can buy two of them plus two replacement lenses and a pack of tearoffs...
Scott Hustle. Still the best google in the business IMO
Plus you can buy two of them plus two replacement lenses and a pack of tearoffs for the price of one Prospect or Airbrake...

Scott Hustle for tear offs yes, but the prospect roll off system is only about 30 bucks more in Autralia and the veiw with the 50mm roll off isso much better.
Spooner
3/19/2018 6:05pm
kary wrote:
You were probably one of the lucky ones to get a set before they was pulled.
I have them too as I got them right when they came out. I do still see some of the OG ones in some shops that haven't been sold so check you local shops. The covers swap to the new system too...
Cliffy615
Fantasy
2899th
3/19/2018 11:58pm
This kind of system is fairly common this side of the pond. It’s called ‘rip n roll’ lenses or goggles
Cortami79
3/20/2018 1:58am
MXMattii wrote:
It wasn't a Pro Grip mask? That happens sometimes with riders... they mix their sponsored masks with the best masks for mud races and then switch...

No man.... Herlings is Oakley for life. The new roll off for the airbrake is actually really solid. But it doesn't have the tear off posts...
I know from a close source that the Oakley riders are testing some goggles for a few months now. And yes, the roll off systems have those extra pins to add tear offs
OT
Fantasy
3056th
3/20/2018 2:08am
Rip N Roll hold the patent on it.

Post a reply to: Herlings' roll off system

The Latest