Herlings riding the edge

Related:
Create New Tag

5/1/2018 7:16 PM

Herlings has really been pushing this year russia moto1 when chasing ac222 he was sketchyyyyy a few times. He has been phenomenal but im not sure he keeps it on 2 wheels all season.

|

5/1/2018 7:22 PM

everyone in the top 5 was doing that, the track was so fast it's what it took to stay up front.

He clearly has upped his game setting his fastest laps in the last part of the race multiple times.

|

5/1/2018 7:31 PM

It’s the way most pro racing has gone. If you aren’t on the edge, (and slightly over to ensure you know where it is) there is someone else who is.

Google “Marc Marquez saves crash”. Moto GP - finding the edge at 320km/h on 250hp bikes.

El Hombre has been demonstrating the fine art of “leaving nothing on the table” at some rounds. (And making it work)

|

5/1/2018 8:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/1/2018 8:04 PM

Thank you. I only saw moto 2 but there were a handful of times where he made sketchy look poetic. Dude cross rutted at high speed up a jump face and made it look like a mind blowing scrub. FMOP, IMO.

|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

5/1/2018 8:52 PM

That track was a freaking beast. Those high speed jumps were cool to watch, but it was probably just as much luck as it was skill that no one went down over one of them.

Hats off to DeSalle, though. The guy straight up beat Herlings and TC that first moto. No bad starts, no crashes or mechanicals, just flat out hauling ass.

|

5/1/2018 10:31 PM

500guy wrote:

everyone in the top 5 was doing that, the track was so fast it's what it took to stay up front.

He clearly has upped his game setting his fastest laps in the last part of the race multiple times.

Yep and Desalle set the fastest lap time of moto two on lap 14, Cairoli of moto one on lap 19.

|

5/1/2018 11:10 PM

Looked like a very tough track. Very slick in a lot of spots. Lots of rocks too. You see Smets in the 300 class , throw a rock the size of a watermelon that was in front of his gate? Tough track. Beautiful there though.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

5/1/2018 11:13 PM

Also dig the heck out of that Brylyakov kid!! He has some fire in his belly and just seems like a good dude.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

5/2/2018 12:14 AM

yz133rider wrote:

Herlings has really been pushing this year russia moto1 when chasing ac222 he was sketchyyyyy a few times. He has been phenomenal but im not sure he keeps it on 2 wheels all season.

Go count how many times Cairoli went down in the last gp's of last season and the gp's this season so far. Then come back and mention who's riding on the edge. You are looking for something man

|

5/2/2018 1:24 AM

The way Herlings pre-jumped on one of those downhills(before the "hipjump") was amazing to watch.

|

5/2/2018 2:07 AM

He’s always looked sketchy. I guess that’s what happens when you hammer it WFO everywhere.

|

5/2/2018 3:00 AM

Saw some pictures on Instagram of Seewer and Bobryshev of the roost they had to endure on their chests. Looks painful.

|

5/2/2018 3:09 AM

Desalle looked like he was way more comfortable taking big risks early. He's so good on horrible hardpack tracks!

|

5/2/2018 3:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/2/2018 3:34 AM

Talking about pre-jumping:

@Jeffrey_Herlings84 wins MXGP Qualifying! #MXGPUSA ?

Een bericht gedeeld door MXGP (@mxgp) op

https://instagram.com/p/BYjXXebhzgA/
|

5/2/2018 5:32 AM

He had a few minor moments in russia yes. But so did everyone else,he never went down and wasnt even close to going down.

Otherwise i dont agree with you at all. Herlings has not looked sketchy at all this year, i think he is the rider that looks the least sketchy of the bunch. He has everything under control and never takes any chances. If he has a few seconds lead he just controls it and npt trying to win by 30sec.

|

5/2/2018 7:03 AM

Jefro98 wrote:

Talking about pre-jumping:

@Jeffrey_Herlings84 wins MXGP Qualifying! #MXGPUSA ?

Een bericht gedeeld door MXGP (@mxgp) op

https://instagram.com/p/BYjXXebhzgA/

Look at the man with a cap, nice expression on his face grin

I think Herlings hasn't looked really sketchy this year. He seems to be in control. Of course he's had some sketchy moments, as everyone. It looks like Cairoli has to push it over his comfort zone, not Herlings.

|

5/2/2018 7:25 AM

yz133rider wrote:

Fiar wrote:

Go count how many times Cairoli went down in the last gp's of last season and the gp's this season so far. Then come back and mention who's riding on the edge. You are looking for something man

I agree with you, yesterday in the second moto Cairoli almost had a big one right after the waves section. He basically landed with only one tire on the rut, hit the gas and almost came off the berm of the following left hand turn, it could have been costly

|

5/2/2018 7:37 AM

Last time I saw Herlings riding on his own edge was when he broke his hand passing Gajser at the pre-season race in Italy. To be honest when I saw him riding in Valkenswaard I had the idea he had even faster laps in him if he needed to.

|

5/2/2018 9:59 AM

Seewer is impressive. Dude is keeping that big bike in two wheels without taking the sole samples like he did in MX2 multiple times.

|

Power is nothing without control

5/2/2018 10:14 AM

Anyone catch AC swap up the hill on the first lap of the first moto? Herlings was right next to him. Can't believe neither one went down

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hammerfamily_4 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals