Herlings out for 2-4 months, Outdoors seems more interesting than Gp's ??

drt410
2/6/2019 5:51am Edited Date/Time 2/6/2019 5:52am
teamddr wrote:
The most interesting thing a read out of it is it might take even longer than the start of the AMA nationals He must have broke...
The most interesting thing a read out of it is it might take even longer than the start of the AMA nationals
He must have broke it up pretty bad
If he is that long of the bike it’s gonna take a while to get up to speed even for AMA
Yup thats what it sounds like, hes not sure if hell even be healthy enough to make it over here. He did say hed consider it, its just not up to him... you know KTM would consider it too. Let Cairolli win the GP’s and Herlings go for AMA, it makes the most sense for them, Tomac is an animal outdoors and Marv or Webb wont touch him unless multiple DNF’s or injury.
tek14
2/6/2019 11:01am
teamddr wrote:
The most interesting thing a read out of it is it might take even longer than the start of the AMA nationals He must have broke...
The most interesting thing a read out of it is it might take even longer than the start of the AMA nationals
If he is that long of the bike it’s gonna take a while to get up to speed even for AMA
drt410 wrote:
Yup thats what it sounds like, hes not sure if hell even be healthy enough to make it over here. He did say hed consider it...
Yup thats what it sounds like, hes not sure if hell even be healthy enough to make it over here. He did say hed consider it, its just not up to him... you know KTM would consider it too. Let Cairolli win the GP’s and Herlings go for AMA, it makes the most sense for them, Tomac is an animal outdoors and Marv or Webb wont touch him unless multiple DNF’s or injury.
Could they send Marvin or Webb to MXGP to replace Herlings.
Great to hear plan B is race regional championship in US anyway.
Jasper125
2/6/2019 11:21am
teamddr wrote:
drt410 wrote:
Yup thats what it sounds like, hes not sure if hell even be healthy enough to make it over here. He did say hed consider it...
tek14 wrote:
Yes possibly but that would make no sense because the mxgp season starts in the middle of supercross season...
2/6/2019 12:11pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
I guess that settles that!
KDXGarage wrote:
Yep, time for 100 more Prado pics from Ruy.
LaughingLaughingLaughing

The Shop

2/6/2019 1:21pm
If Herlings came here it would be bad, I don't think anyone stands a chance besides Tomac on his good days. (Maybe Baggett on his day)

2/6/2019 1:31pm
If Herlings came here it would be bad, I don't think anyone stands a chance besides Tomac on his good days. (Maybe Baggett on his day)

I think you are mistaken. Herlngs would be a title contender, but Tomac hs shown insane speed outdoors that I think would rival Herlings on American soil.I really hope Herlings does come here if he misses too many GP's. If he won the title, that would solidify him as one of the all-time greats.
2/6/2019 2:17pm

I think you are mistaken. Herlngs would be a title contender, but Tomac hs shown insane speed outdoors that I think would rival Herlings on American...
I think you are mistaken. Herlngs would be a title contender, but Tomac hs shown insane speed outdoors that I think would rival Herlings on American soil.I really hope Herlings does come here if he misses too many GP's. If he won the title, that would solidify him as one of the all-time greats.
No it wouldn't because the folks here on Vital say you're nothing if you don't have a SX title ??
Ranman68
2/6/2019 2:27pm
teamddr wrote:
drt410 wrote:
tek14 wrote:
Thats an interesting point. I would imagine Musquin would be the one they would want to send to Europe since he has european roots and a winning mxgp past. Webb is going to be a beast very soon I think, but he's not quite ready to jump into the GPs. Too much for Webb to adapt to so quick. I dont see anyone beating Cairoli in that series of Herlings comes here, but if Cairoli got hurt I think Musquin would be a rider that could keep KTM in the hunt for the title if that happened. Webb has done very well against euros in both mxon and usgp races and I think he would do well in the series, but deep sand tracks might be a problem since he's never ridden them. I doubt he would want to jump into that scenario. Musquin might though.
2/6/2019 2:45pm

I think you are mistaken. Herlngs would be a title contender, but Tomac hs shown insane speed outdoors that I think would rival Herlings on American...
No it wouldn't because the folks here on Vital say you're nothing if you don't have a SX title ??
Well maybe he should race Daytona. I bet he’s do good.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
2/6/2019 2:47pm Edited Date/Time 2/7/2019 1:18pm
Turbojez wrote:
Just imagine Herlings and Roczen going at it like in 2011...
Sorry Turbo, I don't see that happening. IMO Herlings would leave Kenny at most rounds.
Ranman68
2/6/2019 3:06pm
He doesn't want to jump into the supercross series, but the outdoor series is another thing. He's not scared race the ama outdoors. Not even a little bit. The dude is a straight up nightmare on outdoor tracks. No way is he scared. He has mxgp titles and records he wants, and contracts with KTM to win in Europe. I think he actually wants to do a series here and it isnt fear that keeps him from doing it. Have you not seen that dude ride?
agn5009
2/6/2019 3:11pm

Eli ain’t got nothing for Jeffrey. I don’t care what anyone says.
Ranman68
2/6/2019 3:12pm

You're probably right but I would still love to see it. It would force Tomac to get his starts figured out since he would have no shot at a win with a bad start. I think it would push Tomac and other ama riders to a higher level. Tomac would have those beast mode days and it would be interesting at least in those races.
2/6/2019 4:16pm

Ranman68 wrote:
You're probably right but I would still love to see it. It would force Tomac to get his starts figured out since he would have no...
You're probably right but I would still love to see it. It would force Tomac to get his starts figured out since he would have no shot at a win with a bad start. I think it would push Tomac and other ama riders to a higher level. Tomac would have those beast mode days and it would be interesting at least in those races.
This is spot on, on his crazy good days he could beat him. On his off days not so much. Also we have seen what happens if it’s muddy. Shocked
Turbojez
2/7/2019 5:44am
Turbojez wrote:
Just imagine Herlings and Roczen going at it like in 2011...
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Sorry Turbo, I don't see that happening. IMO Herlings would leave Kenny at most rounds.
I agree that he probably would at this point, hopefully we'll find out pretty soon! Grinning
2/7/2019 9:04am
Just showing insane speed wouldn't get it done. Herlings is the total and absolute complete package.
Jasper125
2/7/2019 9:25am
Just showing insane speed wouldn't get it done. Herlings is the total and absolute complete package.
After his crash on the Honda in Colorado he isn't going to ride that pace again for a full moto and Herlings can and will ride that pace all season long if he has to. I think that is the deviding factor between the two. Also Herlings can piece a completly hammerd track together and make it look like a flat track.
Akira
2/7/2019 9:37am
Mxracer6y wrote:
One year the top rider wasnt hurt? Any of the years dungey raced. except for one fluke neck injury from a fluke crash that wasnt even...
One year the top rider wasnt hurt?

Any of the years dungey raced. except for one fluke neck injury from a fluke crash that wasnt even bad...

Other than that the guy has never been out because of injury. never.

Happened once to carmichael also... Once out of how many years?
You forgot the '12 collarbone, missed few rounds indoor. I think it was after winning the first 450SX race for KTM.
hogkiller
2/7/2019 10:55am
Who is this Herlings and Tomac everyone is talking about ?????And Most important do we care, they don't race in Canada
WCRider
Fantasy
2301st
2/7/2019 11:03am
agn5009 wrote:
Ditto...
2/7/2019 12:09pm
agn5009 wrote:
WCRider wrote:
Ditto...
I don’t agree at all. Over an entire series, it would be close. At least on American soil.
WCRider
Fantasy
2301st
2/7/2019 1:15pm Edited Date/Time 2/7/2019 1:17pm
I don’t agree at all. Over an entire series, it would be close. At least on American soil.
Agree with you. It was about his " I don't care what anyone says". I don't care what pro Herlings says.
teamddr
2/7/2019 3:07pm
Herlings is hurt, if he goes into the AMA without much training I give tomac & co every chance.
If he gets 5 to 6 weeks training then forget it,
2/7/2019 4:00pm
teamddr wrote:
Herlings is hurt, if he goes into the AMA without much training I give tomac & co every chance. If he gets 5 to 6 weeks...
Herlings is hurt, if he goes into the AMA without much training I give tomac & co every chance.
I don’t think training is that much of a difference to a guy who’s been at the top of his game week in week out despite injuries for several years. If he goes ama, what i hope, he can settle the discussion for now. But my honest opinion, they never knew what hit ‘m if he came over
Shaned9326
2/7/2019 4:08pm
franshals wrote:
I don’t think training is that much of a difference to a guy who’s been at the top of his game week in week out despite...
I don’t think training is that much of a difference to a guy who’s been at the top of his game week in week out despite injuries for several years. If he goes ama, what i hope, he can settle the discussion for now. But my honest opinion, they never knew what hit ‘m if he came over
100 percent ageee with ya on this one!! Our Ama national tracks would take him about 2 laps to have them figured out as watching the Mxgp series year after year, some of those tracks they have to ride on are crazy and really feel that the guy would be more than comfy on any of our tracks!!
gantry25
2/7/2019 5:00pm
teamddr wrote:
Herlings is hurt, if he goes into the AMA without much training I give tomac & co every chance. If he gets 5 to 6 weeks...
franshals wrote:
I don’t think training is that much of a difference to a guy who’s been at the top of his game week in week out despite...
I think your under estimating just how fast Eli is. Herlings is next level talent but so is Tomac. I would imagine Tomac would LOVE for Herlings to race the AMA outdoors. Regardless, they are both great talents, we the fans would be the beneficiary of that matchup.
TheLsho
Fantasy
821st
2/7/2019 5:04pm
Look at the tracks the MXGP riders train on and race. Look at how fast they go on those. Give those guys a track that's groomed and tilled with primo traction, what do you think is going to happen?
Tim507
2/7/2019 5:05pm
I'd venture that Jeff is really enjoying this thread......
biscuit11
2/7/2019 5:34pm
Tim507 wrote:
I'd venture that Jeff is really enjoying this thread......
He mentions forums in his interview so its possible. These guys are human and when they have down time you never know. Also just wanted to point out Marv had fastest lap at Iron Man, and Eli had fastest lap at MXGP in Jacksonville. Kenny hasnt been around at all durring that time frame either. I know the bullet is no joke, i just watched him destroy everyone on a beach course in 2016 it was unbelievable how fast he was going and in a completely different discipline. But damn give our AMA guys a little bit of a chance at least.
2/7/2019 5:39pm
I never hope an injury takes long to heal but I would watch every race live if he came here. My wife would hate me even more than she does.

Post a reply to: Herlings out for 2-4 months, Outdoors seems more interesting than Gp's ??

The Latest