Herlings out for 2-4 months, Outdoors seems more interesting than Gp's ??

TDeath21
2/1/2019 1:54pm
I get the sponsors and all that, but I’m guessing he could still get quite a bit in the AMA MX Series. Especially since it appears the championship will be out of reach there in the MXGP Series. If Cairoli appears to have that championship under control, wouldn’t it be in KTM’s best interest to send their other top rider to the other top MX series? I’m guessing they’d compensate him well for the 12 rounds. Then he’d still return home for the MXoN. I know his main goal is the win record, but if a rider comes stateside one year and wins, then returns to dominance in the GPs, that pretty much puts to rest any debate who the best rider of this era is. I’m sure that’s something Herlings would like as well.
ATKpilot99
2/1/2019 2:23pm
No he's pointing out Prado was unable to get by someone on a 2 stroke for 16min. so how would he beat Herlings. At least I think thats what he means
Jasper125
2/1/2019 2:44pm
TDeath21 wrote:
I get the sponsors and all that, but I’m guessing he could still get quite a bit in the AMA MX Series. Especially since it appears...
I get the sponsors and all that, but I’m guessing he could still get quite a bit in the AMA MX Series. Especially since it appears the championship will be out of reach there in the MXGP Series. If Cairoli appears to have that championship under control, wouldn’t it be in KTM’s best interest to send their other top rider to the other top MX series? I’m guessing they’d compensate him well for the 12 rounds. Then he’d still return home for the MXoN. I know his main goal is the win record, but if a rider comes stateside one year and wins, then returns to dominance in the GPs, that pretty much puts to rest any debate who the best rider of this era is. I’m sure that’s something Herlings would like as well.
If Herlings comes in with a big points gap but still the slightest belief he can win the championship he will rather die trying then play it safe. And they know that at KTM. It would be a safer choice in my opinion to have him manage the American national championship. Also he created alot of goodwill with his loyalty to KTM i truly believe they are willing to work with him if he wants to go do the Nationals
Freddy
2/1/2019 2:52pm
He missed one round last year and still won the title with 3 motos to go. Wouldnt make any sense to ride the nationals, if hes healthy enough for Hangtown that would mean hes healthy enough for the second GP the week after.
But I dont care how little sense it makes. I hope he does the nationals for just one season!!

The Shop

r18b
2/1/2019 2:56pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
No he's pointing out Prado was unable to get by someone on a 2 stroke for 16min. so how would he beat Herlings. At least I...
No he's pointing out Prado was unable to get by someone on a 2 stroke for 16min. so how would he beat Herlings. At least I think thats what he means
Jup.. you got it!!

crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
2/1/2019 3:21pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
No he's pointing out Prado was unable to get by someone on a 2 stroke for 16min. so how would he beat Herlings. At least I...
r18b wrote:
Jup.. you got it!!

They would face each other in 2020 earliest. If Prado continues his steps he will be pretty damn good. Good enough for Herlings? Who knows
teamddr
2/1/2019 3:29pm
Ranman68 wrote:
I would love to see him race the ama outdoors series myself, but I don't necessarily agree that it would ignite more debates. Seems to me...
I would love to see him race the ama outdoors series myself, but I don't necessarily agree that it would ignite more debates. Seems to me that a full season settles any debate regardless of who beats who. If by some chance they wound up near even on wins, then yeah the debate escalates. I would bet that doesnt happen though. One guy is gonna beat the other guy more than that guy beats him. I believe Herlings comes out on top, but nothing is for sure and i damn sure want to see it go down.
ruy wrote:
To see it go down. Just wait for Prado Another reason for Herlings options finally for go to USA Keep away Jeffry [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/02/01/322439/s1200_51196907_1256619861142935_726299894834266112_n.jpg[/img] https://www.facebook.com/JorgePrado61FansClub/
To see it go down.
Just wait for Prado
Another reason for Herlings options finally for go to USA
Keep away Jeffry

https://www.facebook.com/JorgePrado61FansClub/
r18b wrote:
Dude was riding 16min on his factory ktm behind a 250 smoker in the italian championship Laughing

That says all for now.
Yeah yeah yeah
the dude finished in front of Tomac last year on a 250 after a full Moto. Wind your neck in, when Prado puts on a few pounds of muscle he’s the one most likely to beat Herlings straight up. Kids the next big thing in Europe anyway.
DPR250R
2/1/2019 3:46pm
Sideways wrote:
I actually think southwick would be the track that Eli really can beat Jeffrey. He is sooo fast there and as you said its nowhere near...
I actually think southwick would be the track that Eli really can beat Jeffrey. He is sooo fast there and as you said its nowhere near the tracks that jeffrey dominates on in the GPs like assen or lommel.

I personally hope that that jeffrey just misses argentina and stays in the gps this year. And i think he will stay even if he misses 4 rounds or whatever. What Jeffrey wants and what his team, sponsors and the whole mxgp circus wants is a whole different thing.
The heat and humidity can be brutal at Southwick as well. Something the TV doesnt pick up.
2/1/2019 5:20pm Edited Date/Time 2/1/2019 5:27pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Herlings was at the same race last year and his race was over in the first turn.Shit happens.Prado finished ower 29 sec. in front of the 2 stroke guy,that’s what counts.Wink
r18b
2/1/2019 11:15pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Bonanza69 wrote:
Herlings was at the same race last year and his race was over in the first turn.Shit happens.Prado finished ower 29 sec. in front of the...
Herlings was at the same race last year and his race was over in the first turn.Shit happens.Prado finished ower 29 sec. in front of the 2 stroke guy,that’s what counts.Wink
Not talking last year. Really difficult aint it
Jasper125
2/1/2019 11:17pm
Sideways wrote:
I actually think southwick would be the track that Eli really can beat Jeffrey. He is sooo fast there and as you said its nowhere near...
I actually think southwick would be the track that Eli really can beat Jeffrey. He is sooo fast there and as you said its nowhere near the tracks that jeffrey dominates on in the GPs like assen or lommel.

I personally hope that that jeffrey just misses argentina and stays in the gps this year. And i think he will stay even if he misses 4 rounds or whatever. What Jeffrey wants and what his team, sponsors and the whole mxgp circus wants is a whole different thing.
DPR250R wrote:
The heat and humidity can be brutal at Southwick as well. Something the TV doesnt pick up.
Dude they go to Thailand and even indonesia during rain season they know heat and humidity all to well
r18b
2/1/2019 11:28pm
ruy wrote:
To see it go down. Just wait for Prado Another reason for Herlings options finally for go to USA Keep away Jeffry [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/02/01/322439/s1200_51196907_1256619861142935_726299894834266112_n.jpg[/img] https://www.facebook.com/JorgePrado61FansClub/
To see it go down.
Just wait for Prado
Keep away Jeffry

r18b wrote:
Dude was riding 16min on his factory ktm behind a 250 smoker in the italian championship Laughing

That says all for now.
teamddr wrote:
Yeah yeah yeah the dude finished in front of Tomac last year on a 250 after a full Moto. Wind your neck in, when Prado puts...
Yeah yeah yeah
the dude finished in front of Tomac last year on a 250 after a full Moto. Wind your neck in, when Prado puts on a few pounds of muscle he’s the one most likely to beat Herlings straight up. Kids the next big thing in Europe anyway.
Yeah yeah next big thing then he should win the championship every race with 30sec. A 250 is not a 450 he have to grow some muscle. just like a lot of low end torque lovers from overseas..prado doesn't have the body to gain 30 pounds of muscle. Maybe if he rides like cairoli.

Ow no tomac yes that's a good starting point!!!

Looks like you didn't see the race. Gasjer stayed for the first time relax in third position.. last two laps behind prado he just opens the trotle over takes him and runs away.

16min behind a 250smoker as a worldchampion and only win coz that italian dude was out of air.
Next big thing.. lets hope so but not at the moment!!
ruy
2/2/2019 3:36am
People forgets to mention that Herlings fell down when Prado pressed him in Red Bud and then was twenty minutes behind, in a track where the 450 marked a great advantage with a 250.
Prado is smart rider, he does not worry in a preseason race that any rider is there, he just prepares for what's important.

Jrewing
2/2/2019 3:57am
ruy wrote:
To see it go down.
Just wait for Prado
Keep away Jeffry

r18b wrote:

That says all for now.
teamddr wrote:
Yeah yeah yeah the dude finished in front of Tomac last year on a 250 after a full Moto. Wind your neck in, when Prado puts...
Yeah yeah yeah
Just saying Lawrence beat the Spanish Sausage kid , caught and passed btw, in one moto.
Cortami79
2/2/2019 3:59am
I don't know what's more funny.. Either that Ruy guy posting 3000 photo's of his Spanish hero and claiming there's no one better, or the constant Eli vs Jeffrey discussions Grinning

If one of these riders would read this thread they would have a good laugh
ruy
2/2/2019 4:46am
Cortami79 wrote:
I don't know what's more funny.. Either that Ruy guy posting 3000 photo's of his Spanish hero and claiming there's no one better, or the constant...
I don't know what's more funny.. Either that Ruy guy posting 3000 photo's of his Spanish hero and claiming there's no one better, or the constant Eli vs Jeffrey discussions Grinning

After Assen 2016 and Red Bud I do not think any of those laugh
ruy
2/2/2019 4:51am

Motofinne
2/2/2019 4:54am
Ruy, you bring up that race and everyone else will bring up the race a few weeks ago where Prado was behind a stock 2-stroke for 15 minutes on a sand track.

Prado is legit, but it is complete madness to suggest that a guy like Herlings should be worried about him anytime soon.
observeroffacts
Fantasy
3671st
2/2/2019 5:00am
Ranman68 wrote:
Oh trust me, I've watched Herlings in 2018 GPs, Ironman 2017, and mxon. I realize how badass he is. Im not about to say he wouldn't...
Oh trust me, I've watched Herlings in 2018 GPs, Ironman 2017, and mxon. I realize how badass he is. Im not about to say he wouldn't kick ass and take the ama title. He probably would. As we all know though, Tomac has certain days on these tracks where he is just insane fast, so I think he will get in a little glory here and there. Plus, Tomac only gets faster throught motos all the way to the end. Not saying Herlings will fade. Just saying Tomac doesnt. But...Herlings is insane fast all the time and more stable. Not sure how Herlings will ride southwick. He will be fast no question, but it's not like euro sand tracks with that hard base underneath and super choppy. He will probably figure it out though and I'm sure Tomac's only chance to beat him there would be if he holeshotted. Even then he might not. And like you said, Herlings could screw up just from trying to rub it in too much.
Sideways wrote:

SWOHIO GUY wrote:
Jeffrey has all the power here. When your the best at what you do, you control your fate. Jeffrey will do what he wants to do...
Jeffrey has all the power here. When your the best at what you do, you control your fate. Jeffrey will do what he wants to do. I am sure KTM here will have no problem supporting 3 bikes with the marketing that Jeffrey brings to the table.
When you’ve got a guy who has the ability to jump to a series and likely dominate, I don’t know that there’s a lot of push back from ktm to not go for it...GPs will likely still be won by a KTM. Outdoors in America would probably not without Herlings and with a healthy Tomac.

Seems pretty doable.
Sideways
2/2/2019 5:02am
Ruy: Please stop bringing up Prado in every single thread. Youre acting like a 12 year old. Maybe you are?
Jasper125
2/2/2019 5:04am
Cortami79 wrote:
I don't know what's more funny.. Either that Ruy guy posting 3000 photo's of his Spanish hero and claiming there's no one better, or the constant...

ruy wrote:
After Assen 2016 and Red Bud I do not think any of those laugh [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/02/02/322641/s1200_14068114_1136567529742519_2894749565722676980_n.jpg[/img]
Yes you are right Prado is going to fucking destroy everyone Herlings and Tomac are already shitting their pants maybe thats why the are making the mistakes and getting hurt. Because they know when Prado moves up to 450's they should just retire they have zero chance against him
ruy
2/2/2019 5:08am
r18b wrote:

That says all for now.
teamddr wrote:
Yeah yeah yeah
Jrewing wrote:
Just saying Lawrence beat the Spanish Sausage kid , caught and passed btw, in one moto.
Let's see if he gets a year, a championship, to be at that high level that is occasionally in a race.
  I saw Lawrence very well in the MX world Junior in El Molar, Madrid 2015, but, now is 2019 and Prado, dont do good race there in El Molar, for the pressure to race in Spain this day, and for the bike don't t go well, but he won the European 125 that year in fron of Nazke, and Renaux (Renaux ho win the Mx Junior in El Molar) and after all this years Prado is world champion in MX2 and what the other win?
2/2/2019 5:24am Edited Date/Time 2/2/2019 5:27am
Cortami79 wrote:

ruy wrote:
After Assen 2016 and Red Bud I do not think any of those laugh [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/02/02/322641/s1200_14068114_1136567529742519_2894749565722676980_n.jpg[/img]
Ruy , flashback ... so in what time frame did he beat Herlings or was even close ??
Herlings was still recovering a injury and missed Gp's
he managed to block Herlings for 2 laps , but was nowhere close in speed ..

i get why you are so excited about the kid , he could be next big thing ... time will tell
Prado is a awesome talent , but nowhere near Tomac , Herlings or Cairoli speed ...not yet ...
i remember Forkner beat Herlings in moto2 at Charlotte .. so he is faster too ?
just because he did good in a single moto doesnt mean much .. maybe in years to come he will get better and faster and who knows in future ..but for this moment ..chill

results Assen 2016

moto 1

Covington
Herlings
Bogers

12th Prado at 1.50

moto 2

Herlings
Prado at 35 sec
Bogers

mxb2
2/2/2019 6:40am
Cortami79 wrote:

Dont forget the 1000 pictures of stewart also.
ruy
2/2/2019 6:49am
Assen 2016 first GP for Prado, won the qualifying race on Saturday and finally made the podium in the race on Sunday, better first GP than Herlings in his day.
ruy
2/2/2019 6:54am
Jrewing wrote:
And finally who won the MX2 in MXDN in Red Bud...
2/2/2019 6:55am Edited Date/Time 2/2/2019 7:45am
ruy wrote:
Assen 2016 first GP for Prado, won the qualifying race on Saturday and finally made the podium in the race on Sunday, better first GP than...
Assen 2016 first GP for Prado, won the qualifying race on Saturday and finally made the podium in the race on Sunday, better first GP than Herlings in his day.
What exactly is your point? Christophe Charlier beat Herlings to the 2009 EMX 250 title & where's he now, riding enduro.
2/2/2019 7:29am
ruy wrote:
Assen 2016 first GP for Prado, won the qualifying race on Saturday and finally made the podium in the race on Sunday, better first GP than...
What exactly is your point? Christophe Charlier beat Herlings to the 2009 EMX 250 title & where's he now, riding enduro.
That was in 2009 my friend, Herlings was just 14 back then and Charlier 18/19
tempura
2/2/2019 7:35am
lol.. No, racing a full series in the US is a very distant plan-b at best.. he’s contracted to ride for ktm and compete for world championships. That’s it.. that’s the main goal, the priority.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
2/2/2019 7:39am
exactly
and he's also scared of Prado.
He better hang up the boots while he's on top, he's done

Post a reply to: Herlings out for 2-4 months, Outdoors seems more interesting than Gp's ??

The Latest