Herlings out for 2-4 months, Outdoors seems more interesting than Gp's ??

Ranman68
1/31/2019 9:29pm
bayodome wrote:
Herlings should just sign up for the AMA Nationals. Sounds like he'll. be healthy by then. Knock out one season here, more than likely capture the...
Herlings should just sign up for the AMA Nationals. Sounds like he'll. be healthy by then. Knock out one season here, more than likely capture the title, and silence any naysayers. Okay, it probably would just further ignite any debates about who is the best, but it sure would be fun to watch.
I would love to see him race the ama outdoors series myself, but I don't necessarily agree that it would ignite more debates. Seems to me that a full season settles any debate regardless of who beats who. If by some chance they wound up near even on wins, then yeah the debate escalates. I would bet that doesnt happen though. One guy is gonna beat the other guy more than that guy beats him. I believe Herlings comes out on top, but nothing is for sure and i damn sure want to see it go down.
Ranman68
1/31/2019 9:42pm
whyderp wrote:
Well considering tomac crashed trying to catch herlings I would say it’s somewhat relevant.
Ranman68 wrote:
Give me the name of any rider who hasnt slid down in a corner while trying to catch someone. It happens to all riders. I know...
Give me the name of any rider who hasnt slid down in a corner while trying to catch someone. It happens to all riders. I know a rider named Herlings who slipped down in a corner trying to catch a guy named Jason Anderson. I'm not dumb enough to say Anderson will beat Herlings because of that shit .Jesus fkn Christ. Shit like that happens. Sometimes riders just slip down and they arent chasing anyone. You win though. Ironman means Herlings for sure cleans Tomacs clock in ama and mxon 2016 means Anderson cleans Herlings' clock. I dont agree with that logic but hey... If you insist.
mxb2 wrote:
And glenn is fmotp. Lol .
Yeah at 2018 mxon glenn whooped Herlings and Tomac both. He didnt whoop anderson but since Tomac whoops amderson Anderson all the time and anderson whooped Herlings...... Glenn is the man
bayodome
Fantasy
4305th
1/31/2019 9:44pm
bayodome wrote:
Herlings should just sign up for the AMA Nationals. Sounds like he'll. be healthy by then. Knock out one season here, more than likely capture the...
Herlings should just sign up for the AMA Nationals. Sounds like he'll. be healthy by then. Knock out one season here, more than likely capture the title, and silence any naysayers. Okay, it probably would just further ignite any debates about who is the best, but it sure would be fun to watch.
Ranman68 wrote:
I would love to see him race the ama outdoors series myself, but I don't necessarily agree that it would ignite more debates. Seems to me...
I would love to see him race the ama outdoors series myself, but I don't necessarily agree that it would ignite more debates. Seems to me that a full season settles any debate regardless of who beats who. If by some chance they wound up near even on wins, then yeah the debate escalates. I would bet that doesnt happen though. One guy is gonna beat the other guy more than that guy beats him. I believe Herlings comes out on top, but nothing is for sure and i damn sure want to see it go down.
To your last statement...yes, yes, a thousand times yes!
Ranman68
1/31/2019 9:44pm
Do you get any kind of notification of replies to your comments on here?

The Shop

Ranman68
1/31/2019 9:55pm
Ranman68 wrote:
It's funny reading comments where people think they know Herlings will dominate every moto and Tomac will be ""butthurt" if Herlings comes to ama for a...
It's funny reading comments where people think they know Herlings will dominate every moto and Tomac will be ""butthurt" if Herlings comes to ama for a season because of this injury. A mechanical that led to a dnf that led to worst gate picks ever is gonna hinder anyone. Red Bud layout was changed up, a LOT of sand was added, and with all that water the american riders were in conditions they never ride. Their bike set ups were way off and Herlings' team manager said so as well. Unexpected and unfamiliar track surface with wrong bike set ups, and horrible gate picks in the races. Not excuses. Just reality. Tomac and other ama riders are not as good at riding deep, mushy surfaces because they never race on it. They don't know how to set up bike for it. Eiros do. On any surface that isn't deep and mushy, U.S riders are cable of winning against euros without question. We had the chamberlain trophy wrapped up in 2016 if Anderson hadn't gotten landed on at finish. He won that moto as well. In 2015 Barcia got a moto win and Webb got a 2nd and battled with Febvre. He was a teenage 250 rider who just jumped on a 450 for the mxon too. JMart went 5-5 on a 250. Tomac has embarasssd GP riders in usgp events several times. Red Bud was what it was, but anyone who thinks that Tomac isnt a close match for Herlings on outdoor tracks is an idiot. Yes I'd still put my money on Herlings for the title if he raced the ama outdoor series, but I would also bet that Tomac gets in some wins and makes Herlings earn the title. On deep sand tracks where Herlings races and practices a lot, no Tomac wouldn't be a match as he never rides it or races it, but on a supercross track it's the same for Herlings... not a match for tomac. On non mushy outdoor tracks it is very close in their speed. I give the odds to Herlings because his starts are better and more consistent. A little less likely to tip over in a corner under pressure I say. In pure speed it's close. Tomac might lose the title to Herlings but no way is Herlings gonna easily win it and no way will Tomac not get in some wins. It won't be easy at all for Herlings to defeat Tomac on AMA tracks. Not easy at all. But...hes got the killer speed and fitness of Tomac with better starts on average and will put himself in better positions on lap one than Tomac on average, so I predict Herlings wins title. But he wont win every race and not every win he gets will be easy. "Red Bud... Red Bud.... Red Bud... " means nothing. We just arent as strong in those conditions and had bad gate picks with bad bike set ups. Wound up 6th overall. Not that bad considering all that. On any normal track surface it's different story.
DPR250R wrote:
We actually got fifth cause someone was caught with a little too much fettuccini in the tank.
Jrewing wrote:
Fettuccine! I thought it was Gorgonzola
Yeah I just found out about that. Like it could have any real difference in that slop anyway. So we placed in a tiny bit less shitty by place by default lol. I was so hyped about watching the 2018 mxon. What a nightmare that was.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
1/31/2019 9:55pm
Ranman68 wrote:
You can turn them on in your profile settings. That said, mine are turned on and I never receive anything when someone quotes one of my posts while other's do receive them. Seems like it's hit or miss.

Not sure why.
Ranman68
1/31/2019 10:05pm
Ranman68 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
You can turn them on in your profile settings. That said, mine are turned on and I never receive anything when someone quotes one of my...
You can turn them on in your profile settings. That said, mine are turned on and I never receive anything when someone quotes one of my posts while other's do receive them. Seems like it's hit or miss.

Not sure why.
Oh ok. Thanks for the info, sir!
Ranman68
1/31/2019 10:25pm
Imagine Jeffrey vs Ricky in their prime. RC showed that he could step up his game to anybody's speed yet he won every title outdoors he...
Imagine Jeffrey vs Ricky in their prime. RC showed that he could step up his game to anybody's speed yet he won every title outdoors he competed in save 2007 and he probably would have won that one. Two guys who refuse to lose.
teamddr wrote:
It’s all Hypothetical isn’t it and it’s hard to compare. Herlings has a bit of shredding to do yet to get RC status. RC was the...
It’s all Hypothetical isn’t it and it’s hard to compare. Herlings has a bit of shredding to do yet to get RC status. RC was the first rider to train like Herlings does now.
Only difference is RC trained and rode to beat everyone. Watching Herlings you could swear he thinks the devil is right behind him.
mxb2 wrote:
Rc would beat anybody at his peak and their peak.herlings isnt even at everts ac222 level yet. Lol
Yeah Herlings has awesome technique. Very good at keeping low on jumps and very good at weight distribution. He keeps the back tired planted and digging instead of spinning and fishtailing better than anyone. Something RV did well. Uses down slopes of jumps very well to get better drive from landings. Another thing RV did well. Very creative lines for momentum and passing. Just little things like those that he does that add up. You see Herlings pass people all the time. You never see anyone pass Herlings unless he makes a mistake or falls. Nobody just straight up passes that guy. Against RC in his prime, who can say..but the riders do get better over time, so I'd say it's possible Herlings could beat him. But maybe not.
mx617
2/1/2019 12:17am
Ranman68 wrote:
Ha ha!! Well I've gotten needlessly bent out of shape over a reply or two I'll admit, but I'm trying my best to cut that out...
Ha ha!! Well I've gotten needlessly bent out of shape over a reply or two I'll admit, but I'm trying my best to cut that out. I just couldnt get mad at that snarky shit you replied with. It was just too damn good. Something inside me said "Just hold off and don't wig out. He sounds like your kind of guy."
Glad to run across you sir, I look forward to future mx chat with you.
Sincerely,
. Eli Tomac
*Eli tomac, esq
teamddr
2/1/2019 3:01am
bayodome wrote:
Ranman68 wrote:
I would love to see him race the ama outdoors series myself, but I don't necessarily agree that it would ignite more debates. Seems to me...
Completely agree nothing in life and that includes AMA outdoors is a sure thing but if a 2018 spec Herlings came to the states this year the only thing that’s gonna beat Herlings is Herlings by that I mean falling off by trying to rub everyone’s nose in it.
Would he win every round no, Tomac has every chance to run with him in the hard pack stuff but places like southwick could get very embarrassing and Eli is good on that stuff. If he did come over go to a round, watch and then you might just get what all the fuss is about.
Personality ways I like Tomac better I think he gets a raw deal on here, he seems quiet and reserved and not to comfortable with media but anyone who has a close relationship with his dad gets my thumbs up all day long
Anyway I can’t disagree with anything you said
2/1/2019 3:08am Edited Date/Time 2/1/2019 4:01am
Ranman68 wrote:
Like GP fans have been so many times when tomac smoked the GP riders so many times at usgp events? Nobody is gonna be "butthurt" if...
Like GP fans have been so many times when tomac smoked the GP riders so many times at usgp events? Nobody is gonna be "butthurt" if Herlings wins the series or even dominates it, and nobody can predict the outcome with any certainty. Supercross is relevant in illustrating how each rider has a specialty the other doesnt have. And....you aren't the authority on what is and isn't relevant.
is this who i think it is ..

name , location and all crap coming out of this man fits only one dude .... hahahaha

what took you so long dude ?? dont make the comments that long , people get bored easily at Vital
great to see you on here
2/1/2019 3:58am
Motorsport.com 20 minutes ago:

Jeffrey Herlings and his employer KTM have not yet talked about a possible participation in the American motocross championship, although the ball has been brought to roll.

The MXGP World Champion 2018 ran a complicated break in his foot at the end of last month. The recovery period is at least six weeks, which means that Herlings must miss the preseason and the season opener. The rumors that the KTM rider was considering making the switch to America soon went. The AMA Nationals does not start until 18 May. Herlings fueled the fire by sharing the number 108 in a post on his Instagram, 108 days before the start of the American championship.

"Jeffrey has of course counted for himself that he will not be recovered for the first Grand Prix (early March, ed.). Since the American championship starts later, he thinks: mwah, that might be a nice challenge ", explained KTM director Joël Smets at the Eindhovens Dagblad. "We have not even thought about that yet. Where should he go with his energy at home on the couch? Can you imagine anything? He is used to riding with his body every day, and now he is bored and thinking of everything. And then he does something like that. "

However, he acknowledges that the option will be considered: "It is not only about sporting, but also about commercial interests. Because that ball is now rolling, I expect that there will soon be talked about with Jeffrey. Our only concern now is that Jeffrey will become one hundred percent healthy again. Then we can easily decide how the season will continue. "

Helda
2/1/2019 3:59am
Ranman68 wrote:
Ha ha!! Well I've gotten needlessly bent out of shape over a reply or two I'll admit, but I'm trying my best to cut that out...
Ha ha!! Well I've gotten needlessly bent out of shape over a reply or two I'll admit, but I'm trying my best to cut that out. I just couldnt get mad at that snarky shit you replied with. It was just too damn good. Something inside me said "Just hold off and don't wig out. He sounds like your kind of guy."
Glad to run across you sir, I look forward to future mx chat with you.
Sincerely,
. Eli Tomac
mx617 wrote:
*Eli tomac, esq
Dammit you beat me!
2/1/2019 5:07am
ruy wrote:
If JH84 leaves the team of Gruebel, to go to USA, and Condenhof does not surprise this season, it will not have a winning team, what...
If JH84 leaves the team of Gruebel, to go to USA, and Condenhof does not surprise this season, it will not have a winning team, what season Dirk is going to have, surely he is the most interested in that JH84 does not go USA.
For JH84 now USA seems the best option. 784 is ON
Coldenhoff??? He left to Standing Construct. Dirk Gruebel has 2 riders, Herlings and Vialle
Ranman68
2/1/2019 9:56am
Ranman68 wrote:
Like GP fans have been so many times when tomac smoked the GP riders so many times at usgp events? Nobody is gonna be "butthurt" if...
Like GP fans have been so many times when tomac smoked the GP riders so many times at usgp events? Nobody is gonna be "butthurt" if Herlings wins the series or even dominates it, and nobody can predict the outcome with any certainty. Supercross is relevant in illustrating how each rider has a specialty the other doesnt have. And....you aren't the authority on what is and isn't relevant.
is this who i think it is .. name , location and all crap coming out of this man fits only one dude .... hahahaha what...
is this who i think it is ..

name , location and all crap coming out of this man fits only one dude .... hahahaha

what took you so long dude ?? dont make the comments that long , people get bored easily at Vital
great to see you on here
Ha ha yeah it's me. I signed up and saw a lot of shit at once that I didn't agree with and over did it. Toning down. It's a growing process I guess. Not gonna be a Vitard
Ranman68
2/1/2019 10:14am
bayodome wrote:
Ranman68 wrote:
teamddr wrote:
Completely agree nothing in life and that includes AMA outdoors is a sure thing but if a 2018 spec Herlings came to the states this year...
Completely agree nothing in life and that includes AMA outdoors is a sure thing but if a 2018 spec Herlings came to the states this year the only thing that’s gonna beat Herlings is Herlings by that I mean falling off by trying to rub everyone’s nose in it.
Would he win every round no, Tomac has every chance to run with him in the hard pack stuff but places like southwick could get very embarrassing and Eli is good on that stuff. If he did come over go to a round, watch and then you might just get what all the fuss is about.
Personality ways I like Tomac better I think he gets a raw deal on here, he seems quiet and reserved and not to comfortable with media but anyone who has a close relationship with his dad gets my thumbs up all day long
Oh trust me, I've watched Herlings in 2018 GPs, Ironman 2017, and mxon. I realize how badass he is. Im not about to say he wouldn't kick ass and take the ama title. He probably would. As we all know though, Tomac has certain days on these tracks where he is just insane fast, so I think he will get in a little glory here and there. Plus, Tomac only gets faster throught motos all the way to the end. Not saying Herlings will fade. Just saying Tomac doesnt. But...Herlings is insane fast all the time and more stable. Not sure how Herlings will ride southwick. He will be fast no question, but it's not like euro sand tracks with that hard base underneath and super choppy. He will probably figure it out though and I'm sure Tomac's only chance to beat him there would be if he holeshotted. Even then he might not. And like you said, Herlings could screw up just from trying to rub it in too much.
Ranman68
2/1/2019 10:24am
If Herlings plans to come take take a giant shit on Eli in the outdoors, the least could do is come a little early and cheer for him in a supercross or two. Jeez.
Sideways
2/1/2019 10:29am
Ranman68 wrote:
teamddr wrote:
Completely agree nothing in life and that includes AMA outdoors is a sure thing but if a 2018 spec Herlings came to the states this year...
Ranman68 wrote:
Oh trust me, I've watched Herlings in 2018 GPs, Ironman 2017, and mxon. I realize how badass he is. Im not about to say he wouldn't...
Oh trust me, I've watched Herlings in 2018 GPs, Ironman 2017, and mxon. I realize how badass he is. Im not about to say he wouldn't kick ass and take the ama title. He probably would. As we all know though, Tomac has certain days on these tracks where he is just insane fast, so I think he will get in a little glory here and there. Plus, Tomac only gets faster throught motos all the way to the end. Not saying Herlings will fade. Just saying Tomac doesnt. But...Herlings is insane fast all the time and more stable. Not sure how Herlings will ride southwick. He will be fast no question, but it's not like euro sand tracks with that hard base underneath and super choppy. He will probably figure it out though and I'm sure Tomac's only chance to beat him there would be if he holeshotted. Even then he might not. And like you said, Herlings could screw up just from trying to rub it in too much.
I actually think southwick would be the track that Eli really can beat Jeffrey. He is sooo fast there and as you said its nowhere near the tracks that jeffrey dominates on in the GPs like assen or lommel.

I personally hope that that jeffrey just misses argentina and stays in the gps this year. And i think he will stay even if he misses 4 rounds or whatever. What Jeffrey wants and what his team, sponsors and the whole mxgp circus wants is a whole different thing.
2/1/2019 11:00am
Ranman68 wrote:
Ha ha yeah it's me. I signed up and saw a lot of shit at once that I didn't agree with and over did it. Toning...
Ha ha yeah it's me. I signed up and saw a lot of shit at once that I didn't agree with and over did it. Toning down. It's a growing process I guess. Not gonna be a Vitard
i know the problem LaughingLaughing

good to have you on here , recognized your style of comment immediately ..
have been reading them for the last few years Smile
SWOHIO GUY
2/1/2019 11:20am
teamddr wrote:
Ranman68 wrote:
Oh trust me, I've watched Herlings in 2018 GPs, Ironman 2017, and mxon. I realize how badass he is. Im not about to say he wouldn't...
Sideways wrote:
I actually think southwick would be the track that Eli really can beat Jeffrey. He is sooo fast there and as you said its nowhere near...
I actually think southwick would be the track that Eli really can beat Jeffrey. He is sooo fast there and as you said its nowhere near the tracks that jeffrey dominates on in the GPs like assen or lommel.

I personally hope that that jeffrey just misses argentina and stays in the gps this year. And i think he will stay even if he misses 4 rounds or whatever. What Jeffrey wants and what his team, sponsors and the whole mxgp circus wants is a whole different thing.
Jeffrey has all the power here. When your the best at what you do, you control your fate. Jeffrey will do what he wants to do. I am sure KTM here will have no problem supporting 3 bikes with the marketing that Jeffrey brings to the table.
2/1/2019 12:18pm
teamddr wrote:
Ranman68 wrote:
Sideways wrote:
I actually think southwick would be the track that Eli really can beat Jeffrey. He is sooo fast there and as you said its nowhere near...

Isn't Southwick's surface more like the Latvian track? Herlings dominated there as well.
Sideways
2/1/2019 12:32pm Edited Date/Time 2/1/2019 12:33pm
Ranman68 wrote:
Sideways wrote:

Isn't Southwick's surface more like the Latvian track? Herlings dominated there as well.
Well, he dominated on every track last year Smile im just saying, that i think if eli would have a chance on beating jeffrey on any track southwick would be a good pick. He is so much faster than any other US rider there.

I dont think we will ever see they go against each other a full season though.
ruy
2/1/2019 12:37pm
Returns
Shaned9326
2/1/2019 12:51pm
Can you imagine the attendance at every national if he happened to come over!! Would be epic for sure!! I don’t think he’s scaird by no means!!
WCRider
Fantasy
2301st
2/1/2019 12:54pm
ruy wrote:
Returns [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/02/01/322426/s1200_21077555_1313047082151785_974779685067330427_n.jpg[/img]
Returns

ruy
2/1/2019 1:00pm Edited Date/Time 2/1/2019 1:06pm
bayodome wrote:
Ranman68 wrote:
To see it go down.
Just wait for Prado
Another reason for Herlings options finally for go to USA
Keep away Jeffry

https://www.facebook.com/JorgePrado61FansClub/
r18b
2/1/2019 1:10pm
bayodome wrote:
Ranman68 wrote:
ruy wrote:
To see it go down. Just wait for Prado Another reason for Herlings options finally for go to USA Keep away Jeffry [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/02/01/322439/s1200_51196907_1256619861142935_726299894834266112_n.jpg[/img] https://www.facebook.com/JorgePrado61FansClub/
To see it go down.
Just wait for Prado
Another reason for Herlings options finally for go to USA
Keep away Jeffry

https://www.facebook.com/JorgePrado61FansClub/
Dude was riding 16min on his factory ktm behind a 250 smoker in the italian championship Laughing

That says all for now.
ruy
2/1/2019 1:21pm

Post a reply to: Herlings out for 2-4 months, Outdoors seems more interesting than Gp's ??

The Latest