Herlings on track to win title at home GP

Related:
Create New Tag

8/19/2018 6:48 PM

Herlings has been amazing this year and is on track to win the title on home soil which I am sure will feel good.

My money is for him to have more than a 100 point gap by the time he gets to Assen though. He has been that good.

|

Its only bones, they grow back together.

8/20/2018 12:53 AM

And if he wins out the season he'll finish this year with 84 GP wins

|

8/20/2018 1:16 AM

I hope he wins the title in Assen, with his home crowd that would be great!

But I'm afraid it will happen earlier, if the knee of Cairoli turns out to be damaged badly. Let's hope it isn’t the ligament, not broken, just stretched because otherwise the title fight is over...

|

8/20/2018 2:03 AM

I was one of the first to say that I thought Herlings would implode at some point this season, but he seems to have changed .
He definitely deserves this championship and God forbid something happens now, I would say he has still proved he's the best by a long shot .

|

8/20/2018 2:41 AM

RG1 wrote:

And if he wins out the season he'll finish this year with 84 GP wins

and could break Everts record next year wink

|

8/20/2018 3:13 AM

Its his title to loose now, Cairoli is never gonna make up more than 50 points in 4 races. Before not and now being injured for sure not.

Its well deserved this title when he gets its. Assen will be on Fire when it happens there.

|

8/20/2018 3:50 AM

RG1 wrote:

And if he wins out the season he'll finish this year with 84 GP wins

#434 wrote:

and could break Everts record next year wink

He could. It's realistically possible. If he continues on the same path then him winning 15/20 GP's next year is plausible. He has a few world titles to go yet though to match Everts

|

8/20/2018 4:08 AM

How many GP wins did Everts score when he raced two classes in a weekend during the one moto format years?

|

8/20/2018 5:08 AM

Don't know, but he once won three classes in a day (2003, Ernee):
Photo

|

8/20/2018 5:16 AM

Jefro98 wrote:

How many GP wins did Everts score when he raced two classes in a weekend during the one moto format years?

But equally, back in the day there weren’t 20 GPs in a season.

|

8/20/2018 5:25 AM

Just not comparable i would say with some advantages and disadvantages for both to get to their total win numbers.

|

8/20/2018 5:29 AM

But jeff did still win ‘em, one by one

|

8/20/2018 5:42 AM

Comparing different eras is nonsense. But winning 80 GPs is big, no matter what

|

8/20/2018 6:04 AM

#434 wrote:

Don't know, but he once won three classes in a day (2003, Ernee):
Photo

I never knew he did all 3 one day.
I wad there when he did two on one day.
3 is even more crazy

|

8/20/2018 9:36 AM

So i did some research on the 2003 season and..

125cc
Everts won 8 GPs of 125 and missed the title on 15 points while didnt ride the first 3 races, After a few rounds and the GPs where only 1 moto those days the made the desicion to do the 125 race to on a 250f. He only got beat one race by Michael Maschio in Sevlievo Bulgaria. Crazy to miss the world title with 15 point with something started as a fun or testing thing. Steve Ramon won the title that year on a KTM 125.

250
Everts won 9 GPs in his own class and won the title by a big margin.

500
Everts did all 3 races at the last round in france at Ernee. Everts did a battle with Joel Smets and Spanish rider Vico for the win and was able to Pull it off. Thats 1 in the 500 class

So Everts won 18 GPs in 2003

|

8/20/2018 9:43 AM

Would be awesome for him. The best MX rider in the world at the moment for sure.

|

8/20/2018 10:04 AM

MitchMX wrote:

I hope he wins the title in Assen, with his home crowd that would be great!

But I'm afraid it will happen earlier, if the knee of Cairoli turns out to be damaged badly. Let's hope it isn’t the ligament, not broken, just stretched because otherwise the title fight is over...

Photo
|



8/21/2018 2:31 AM

Good news for the championship!
But if Cairoli is at (let's assume) 80%, will he be able to stay behind Herlings in 2nd or will it be top 5 max?

|

8/21/2018 3:42 AM

MitchMX wrote:

I hope he wins the title in Assen, with his home crowd that would be great!

But I'm afraid it will happen earlier, if the knee of Cairoli turns out to be damaged badly. Let's hope it isn’t the ligament, not broken, just stretched because otherwise the title fight is over...

Motocrossjunky wrote: Photo

MitchMX wrote:

Good news for the championship!
But if Cairoli is at (let's assume) 80%, will he be able to stay behind Herlings in 2nd or will it be top 5 max?

Did Toni hurt his knee in that prang where his engine cut out over the jump?

I missed watching live, and have only seen the highlights on my 'phone, so far, not in a full sized screen. It was quite a hit he took with that prang. Scary stuff - harked back to the 'Carby Cough' days.blink

|

8/21/2018 4:04 AM

Motocrossjunky wrote: Photo

MitchMX wrote:

Good news for the championship!
But if Cairoli is at (let's assume) 80%, will he be able to stay behind Herlings in 2nd or will it be top 5 max?

Bearuno wrote:

Did Toni hurt his knee in that prang where his engine cut out over the jump?

I missed watching live, and have only seen the highlights on my 'phone, so far, not in a full sized screen. It was quite a hit he took with that prang. Scary stuff - harked back to the 'Carby Cough' days.blink

He said he was going a bit too fast into that section, hit the brakes & stalled the bike on the face of the jump which resulted in the crash. Very lucky not to go over the bars.

|

8/21/2018 6:42 AM

|